The I-Island Expo

Autorstwa the-writing-girl

A Shoto Todoroki X Reader story. Todoroki has been given two tickets to the famous I-Island Expo, and decides... Więcej

Introduction
2: The Villain Attack Course
3: I-Island
4: Enter the Party
5: The Plant Factory
6: Countless Security Drones
7: To The Top Floor
8: The Boss Battle
9: The Aftermath
10: Back At The Hotel (Lemon)
11: Home
The End
Other Books

1: An Invitation

3.6K 114 172
Autorstwa the-writing-girl

Welcome everyone! Hope you enjoy...

 I was so thankful it was finally summer vacation. Aizawa liked to put us through a lot of tough training throughout our first semester, and I needed this break however during our last period on the last day he drilled into our heads that we were not to stop training or studying. He did however tell us more about our summer camp coming up, which we were all very excited for. Prior to that however, we had time to ourselves.

It was an incredibly sunny day, and like every day since we broke up for summer vacation, I was in my back garden doing the training Aizawa enforced we do. I had finished my stretches and core routine, and had gotten changed in order to do something a bit more physical: swimming.

In my two piece, towel on the side, I dove into our pool, splashing the sides in the process. I began swimming my lengths, taking a breather for every ten I completed in front crawl. I had managed to reach seventy lengths, and was taking my breather whilst downing a bottle of water I had left on the side when my mother walked out of the glass doors leading back into the house, and began to approach me. "Darling?" She called.

"Yeah mum?"

"Someone's here to see you, someone from your class," she said and I looked at her, confused.

"Really? I wasn't expecting anyone," I admitted, getting out of the pool and roughly drying my body and fluffy pom-pom tail. I wrapped my towel around myself, covering the majority of me before walking through the house towards the living room where mum said they were waiting for me. When I walked in, intrigued to see who was calling round for me, I didn't expect to see who I saw. Standing in the middle of the room was none other then Shoto Todoroki.

I had had a crush on Todoroki since we started attending UA, he always intrigued me and after the Sports Festival, when he began to open up more, we got closer to one another. He was always friendly to me, and he even sent the occasional smile in my direction which never failed to make me blush embarrassingly. Almost every time I looked at him I would get a pink tint to my cheeks, but I just found him so irresistible: his eyes, his hair, his scar, it was just all so hypnotising. His power astounded me also, the strength he wielded during the Sports Festival blew me away, and I could tell he had trained hard in order to gain such strength.

It was fair to say that my crush had grown exponentially since our first encounter, and I had a nasty habit of embarrassing myself when around him, either by tripping up, stuttering or by him actually catching me staring at him. Now was one of those times, as after the shock of him standing in my living room died down, I realised my attire. Not only that, but I also saw him blushing a little as he looked at me. "Todoroki! I'm sorry, I'll be back quickly, I'm just going to change," I said rather quickly, and before he could say anything I darted from the room and up to my own.

I changed quickly into a summer dress I had found on the floor of my bedroom, where most of my other clothes also lived, and ran back downstairs trying to steady my breath. "Hey Todoroki, sorry about that," I said awkwardly, walking into the living room.

"It's okay, I came over unannounced, sorry," he said but I shook my head and smiled.

"Don't apologise, can I get you a drink?" I asked and he nodded politely. We made our way to the kitchen and I began making the tea he requested, along with my own. "So what do I owe the pleasure?" I asked.

"Well, I assume you've heard of I-Island?" He started.

"The floating island? Yes of course! It's like a scientists paradise, loads of support items are made there, it looks amazing... how come?" I asked curiously.

"Well they have an annual expo, I-Expo, where the scientists showcase work etc. My dad gets given tickets to it every year but he's never interested in going so he gave them to me, telling me I needed to represent him," he said, pulling two tickets from his pocket and placing them on the kitchen island, the two of us sitting down on the stools with our drinks. "I've got two tickets so... well I was wondering if you wanted to come along... with me?" He added in a quiet tone, looking down at his tea with a slight pink hue to his cheeks.

"Wow, really?" I asked, my eyes wide with shock. "Y-you really want me to go with you? Are you sure your dad doesn't want to go?"

"Trust me, I'm sure," he mumbled.

"What about your siblings?" I asked, still trying to process the fact that he'd asked me.

"I thought you'd be more interested in something like this... plus I'd - er - prefer it if you took my extra ticket..."

"Really?" I was so overjoyed that a smile couldn't help but make its way onto my face. "Thank you so much Todoroki! This is incredible, oh my goodness!" I squeaked excitedly, taking the ticket he was holding out towards me. I stared down at the elegantly decorated ticket, the words 'I-Expo' printed in fancy gold illuminating writing. "When does it start?"

"This coming weekend," he said. I nodded happily, excitement building within me. "That ticket gets us into the private I-Expo opening night on Friday, that's kind of like a party, so we'll fly out to the island that morning. The ticket came with flight details, all of which is paid for."

"This is all so overwhelming, thank you so much Todoroki, I really appreciate this invite," I beamed, making him smile also.

"No need to thank me, I'm glad you accepted," he said sweetly, and I thought I saw a small tint of pink come to his cheeks. "Oh, and the opening night party requires formal wear, just so you know. I think we can get permission from UA to wear our hero costumes for the rest of the event," he informed me and I nodded, taking in all of the information. Together we relayed all this information to my mum who was more then happy to let me go as she knew it would be a good experience for a 'hero-in-the-making', as she put it. As soon as Todoroki left she began to tease me about him, repeatedly telling me how handsome he was, and I knew that she could tell I had feelings for the boy.

Thankfully the very next day mum took me out shopping, as I had no formal wear. Whilst we were out she also bought me several casual summer dresses to wear whilst there, all of which she assured me Todoroki would love. After trying on several various styled formal dresses, we both settled on the fourth one. I was happy with it as it hugged my body nicely, making my figure look quite attractive. I knew that when it came to the day I was going to be incredibly nervous about going out in public whilst wearing it, but for now I was in love with it.

On the Thursday evening, I started packing with my mothers help. My phone buzzed as mum was gently placing the dress into the suitcase, so I went over to my dresser to retrieve it.

Todoroki - Hey, just wanted to ask if it's okay to pick you up at 8am tomorrow, our flight is at half 10.

21:15

Me - Yeah of course, that's fine! I can't wait

21:17

Todoroki - Me too.

21:17

I couldn't prevent my smiling, but mum drew my attention away from my phone as she began to demand my help with the dress, and trying not to get it crumpled as we packed it into my suitcase, along with my other clothes. Soon enough I had everything ready, making sure not to take too much as we were only going for a weekend, but triple checking that I had my hero suit to change into once we arrived.

"I'm a little bit nervous," I admitted to my mum just before going to bed that night.

"You'll be fine honey, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time," she said sweetly. I just smiled, thinking about the fact I was about to spend the entire weekend with Todoroki. I said goodnight to my mum as I settled down, wondering what was going to happen during our weekend on I-Island.

- Timeskip -

I woke up at 6 am the next morning so that I'd have plenty of time to prepare myself. I was admittedly still very tired, but I hid that fact with concealer and mascara. Mum was already up and preparing breakfast for me, which I wolfed down happily. I double and triple checked to make sure I had everything, and Todoroki assured me over text that he had the tickets. When he said he was on his way to pick me up, nerves began to fill me completely.

"You'll be okay honey, it'll be a fun weekend I'm sure. Be sure to take lots of pictures for me! I want to see all the sights," she smiled confidently.

"I will do mum," I nodded enthusiastically. A knock on my door told me that Todoroki was here, so I went over and answered it, blushing a little when I saw him in his casual clothes. "H-hi," I stuttered embarrassingly.

"Ready to go?" He asked and excitement filled me as I nodded and pulled the suitcase from the hall, shouting a final goodbye to my mum before we set off. He politely opened the car door for me which surprised me a little, but it was only then that I thought about the fact Endeavour could be inside. This filled me with nerves as Todoroki took my suitcase and put it in the boot of the car. Slowly I climbed into the back seat, but was surprised to find that there was a young woman behind the steering wheel.

She had white hair with red streaks in, and she looked to be in her early twenties. Sat in the passenger seat of the car was a young man with white fairly spikey hair, and both intimidated me slightly as they turned back to look at me. "Hello! It's nice to meet you (y/n), I'm Fuyumi," the lady behind the wheel said.

"H-hello, it's a pleasure to meet you too... thank you for driving me to the airport," I bowed my head politely.

"Aw you're so cute! No wonder Shoto wanted to invite you," the man teased and I blushed bright red.

"Natsuo!" Fuyumi hit the man on the shoulder. "Sorry about him, this is Natsuo, my younger brother and Shoto's older. I told you not to embarrass her," she turned to her brother, hitting him again.

"Sorry about Natsuo," Todoroki suddenly mumbled right next to me, and I saw that he had climbed into the car.

"Hey!" Natsuo sulked in the front seat at the verbal and physical attacks from his siblings.

"C'mon, lets get you two to the airport before you miss your flight," Fuyumi said, pulling away from my house and driving away. The car ride was pleasant and Todoroki's two siblings were talkative, happily telling embarrassing stories about him when he was younger which only made him scowl. I chuckled along with their conversations and answered the questions they had for me, until we reached the airport an hour later. "Have a safe flight you two!" Fuyumi called as we collected our suitcases from the boot of the car.

"Don't get too carried away in the hotel- OW!" Natsuo exclaimed and I looked up at him just in time to see Fuyumi whack his arm again. I blushed bright red as Natsuo's comment digested, and I avoided eye contact with Todoroki as I tried desperately to forget it. He had apparently already ridded his mind of the embarrassing comment, as he spoke normally whilst we headed through the gates, handing in our luggage and tickets.

"How long is the flight?" I asked as we stood in the queue to buy sweets for the journey.

"About five hours I think," he said, looking down at the details. The start of a weekend alone with my crush in a foreign city was now, before we had even arrived. "Is there anything in particular you want to do once we get there?"

I assumed that 'make you my boyfriend' wasn't really the most appropriate of answers, so I simply decided to say "Probably just look around, I imagine they have plenty of attractions over the weekend."

"Yeah there'll be plenty to do there to keep us busy," he said, showing a small, rare smile. An announcement told us it was time to board the plane, and the air hostesses went through the usual safety routines. We were informed that due to the time difference, we'd be arriving at I-Island at midday their time, so I was determined to get some sleep on the flight so I could adjust better.

Todoroki and I had a pair of seats to ourselves, and at the beginning of the flight I was nervous due to the closeness of us. It wasn't as awkward as I had feared however, as we were able to talk to each other casually for a while before I began to grow a bit drowsy. He laughed when he noticed I could barely keep my eyes open, and ripped open the plastic covering of the provided travel blanket.

He laid it over me and I blushed at his gesture. If anyone looked over at us they would probably think we were a couple. "Get some sleep, we'll be there before you know it," he said. All I could do was nod, but I felt a little rude shutting my eyes and effectively ignoring him. He however soon had his headphones on, and I subtly stared at him, wondering what kind of music he listened to.

Due to my early start to the day, I managed to get to sleep fairly quickly. Thankfully as there was minimal turbulence I was able to sleep through the majority of the flight, waking up on briefly to get a free drink from one of the air hostesses. The five hours went by surprisingly quickly, and I was thankful I was able to sleep for most of it as it meant I could enjoy the islands attractions whilst being wide awake.

When it was announced that we were coming into the I-Island airport ready for landing, I felt someone shake my body a little. My eyes fluttered open and I noticed the seat in front of me was on its side. For a split second I was confused, but then realised it wasn't the seat that was on its side, it was my head simply tilted and resting against something.

I lifted my head slightly and turned to see I was resting against Todoroki's side, my head having been on his shoulder. Immediately I sat up straight, blushing brightly. "O-oh my goodness! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-,"

"It's okay, calm down," he said whilst wearing his heart-melting smile. I could feel my cheeks heat up out of pure embarrassment, unable to believe I had just fallen asleep against my crush and not knowing for how long.

"T-that must've been uncomfortable for you, I-I'm sorry-,"

"It wasn't uncomfortable," he said calmly. I envied his ability to stay calm, and tried to replicate it but I still felt flustered. "I hope you had a good sleep."

"I-I- y-yes I did... t-thank you," I muttered, the planes wheels hitting the tarmac thankfully distracting the both of us. Soon people were climbing off of the plane and walking down the halls of the incredibly futuristic looking airport to collect their luggage. We followed suit silently, looking around at the incredible building with futuristic lights and aesthetics.

"(y/n)? Here's yours," Todoroki said, pulling my suitcase off of the conveyer-belt for me. When his own came around we followed the exit signs which took us through a large corridor with machines which scanned and identified you.

"This is all so... futuristic, so scientific!" I said excitedly, keen to see the rest of the island.

"Apparently the security system here is immense, so these machines must really be advanced," Todoroki said, looking towards one of the scanners. When we reached the end of the corridor we headed through the large foyer towards the light seeping through the many glass doors leading out to the island. Being the gentleman he was, Todoroki opened the door for me and together, walking rather close to each other, we made our way down the steps and onto the island.

Both of our eyes widened and shocked expressions appeared on our faces as we looked at the immensity that was I-Island. It was insane, and the two of us could only say one thing as we attempted to take it all in.

"Wow," we said in unison.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

93.9K 3.4K 35
It's summer vacation, and the staff at UA has invited classes 3-A and 3-B to spend it together on a ten day cruise! After a very intense semester, Sh...
746K 22K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
370K 16.4K 77
He is complexed, cold and aloof. Shouto Todoroki is an enigma in its entirety. Y/N knows she should stay away. Especially with her past and her fathe...
368K 13.8K 16
"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵?" When Y/N started her first year at the new school, she was alread...