The Final Year (vol 1)

By amourpierce

In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school o... More

Notice... Very important!!!
Prologue
Uproar
Settling in
Pray
Monday morning
The girl
The clique
The first day
The Crowd
The Squad
The Confrontation
Prep
A date?
B. D. T
Unbothered
Facts or Myths
Night Crawlers
Life of the party
Important note:
Parte after parte
Family
Home Sweet Home
Busted
The Trip
Just a game...
Smile
Mine
BTS
Trouble
Preparations
Wonder
Appeasement
Visitation
Friendly beast
The Reveal
Hangout
Square one
Squad goals
Hurt
Chit chat
Drill
The Past
The Threat
Contraband
Pretty
The Big Game
Vulnerable
Night talk
Confession
Apology
Exam Fever
Yearbook
Sting
Shopping
Memories
Graduation
Epilogue
Q/N
Announcement
Bonus chapter
Important notice!!

Paranoia

892 204 6
By amourpierce

I know the picture is not corresponding to the first one of Teniola, but am trying to portray the way she looks like, i mean her signature looks... So that is Teniola right now expect the hair😁😁 but that is how i picture her and none of the pictures are mine. XoXo❤❤

We got to Abeokuta, Ogun state. Ogun state is a bit closer to Lagos but we got there by twilight due to traffic. The journey was smooth after my shown down with you know who. We shared stories and had some laughs, it was fun.

We got to the guest house reserved for us. I came out of the bus with other tired and hungry students as we took our bags.

I can't count how many times i saw 'boli and epa' before getting to this place.

Suddenly, i craved street food which my mother was totally against, something about bad hygiene and the likes. I crave for roasted corn and coconut right now.

"Smile... " Femi chimed as Tomi and i grinned at the camera. "Perfect... We will be taking some selfies but first let's get our rooms"

I followed my friends carrying my bag along with me.

The reception area was already crowded with students making it a bit rowdy. We wait as Corper Ubong and Mrs Adeniran the Home Economics teacher spoke with the receptionist, sorting out the accommodation.

"I hope we get the same room" Tomi mutters tiredly.

"Same here"

My stomach growled slightly, i only had my breakfast which consists of corn flakes from my side and yam with sauce from school.

I really pray they put us together in the same room cause if they pair me with an annoying person, so help me God am kicking her out.

Sooner than later, the keys were collected. Two people of the same sex are to stay in the same room to avoid any commotion.

I waited patiently for our name to be called. We are to occupy three halls, twelve students for one hall. And this is how it is going to be for the rest of the trip. 

"Ewatomi Bello will be staying with Teniola Coker" the P. E teacher announced.

We both shrieked,  jumping excitedly. I walk up to the woman collecting our keys.

"I have a feeling you girls won't be sleeping tonight" Femi said sounding amused.

"You have no idea"

We were directed to our hall, Femi was paired with a boy in our class, he was okay with it cause he speaks with him occasionally and the boy was extremely friendly.

His room was opposite three rooms to mine. The annoying part was that the Elites were also in my hall. How inconvenient....

I opened the door to our room as Tomi stumbled in dropping her bags on the floor. I laughed closing the door as she lays sprawled on the bed.

I took in my surrounding, white walls, creme curtains, white and carton colored beddings, private bathroom... Alright.

Am not surprised though, the fees for the field trip was part of our school fees which was really expensive.

We were called for lunch in the restaurant which belongs to the guest house. Some daring, lazy students asked for room service but got denied because we were being accommodated and fed according to budget. 

Time to put something in this tummy.

                        🚌🍫📷

We sat in silence as others got busy with their food. The air on the table was tense and awkward. What were they even thinking that made them decide to join us?

"Look... I don't know about you guys but am so hungry right now. We are cool just as long no one says anything out of line, okay? Good thank you"

I took a scoop from the ofada rice, munching it a bit before swallowing.

My speech cleared the tensed air as everyone eat their food though there was still a bit of tension on Tomi due to Tokunbo sitting beside her. Adeola sat beside Femi stealing glances at him once in a while.

I shook my head taking a sip from my Maltina drink.

"So... " I look up at Prince as everyone at the table did the same "Teniola Enitan Coker... That name sounds epic" I flashed him a sunny smile "who are you? Like, for real i want to know you"

I raised an eyebrow at his question. His friends also looked interested in whatever am about to spew from my mouth.

"Uhnnn.... Am a girl" I hear Henrietta snicker but i ignore her. "Am a over privileged girl who desires to live a normal life"

"That is getting harder to achieve i guess" he replied

"You have no idea" I huff over the food. "I don't know why exactly.. People wants me to behave in a particular way, it gets suffocating"
I mumbled out my words as my eyes shifts to Tomi who was also watching me "I mean my friends know the real me"

Femi nods as he ate on while Tomi threw me a small smile.

"That is exhilarating to know, everyone is scared of being something they aren't" Adeola buttressed.

"Speaking of fear... If you don't like the fish just tell us, no need to keep poking it with your fork"

"I love the fish, am scared of the bones” Tokunbo stated

"Oh... "

"He has this fear for fish bones since he choked on one when he was just twelve" Folahami said teasingly, i smiled as Tokunbo ordered him to shut up.

I feel Tomi shifting uncomfortably on her seat.

"Quit teasing him, everyone is afraid of something. For example, i am scared of things that as no legs"

"What? You are scared of people that has no legs?" Femi questioned.

"No no... Don't misquote me. I said things, i mean" I huff "I have a snake problem"

"You have Ophidiophobia?" Tomi asked as everyone turned quiet at her large word.

"She means you have snake phobia" Tokunbo translated the word. I nodded.

"Am scared of girls who could pronounce words like 'ofidiophobia'" Adeola glared at her twin to shut up.

"She knows big words like that, isn't she charming?" I said grinning at Tomi.

"You are scared of the bite?" I narrowed my eyes at Shubomi who finally spoke up.

"Yes and no... Am scared of the slimy body. How can you only just slither around?"

"It looks and sounds cool to me" he shrugs.

"You find scary things cool, it's sexy" Henrietta said praisingly. I shuddered.

"Can we stop talking about fish bones and snakes over dinner?" Tomi begged all of a sudden.

We turned quiet at her request, it is truly weird.

"What are you scared of?" My question directed at Shubomi, there was silence for a while before he spoke up.

"Am scared of nothing"

                         🐍🍧🍷

The intensity of his words was still ringing in my head.  'Am scared of nothing'. He was so sure and confident. His eyes were burning into me as he said those words, as if assuring me on something i don't know.

I put on my large T-shirt which belongs to Akinolu my elder brother, i wore some leggings underneath as Tomi took a bath. I did that a while ago.

I check the time on my tab, reading few minutes after nine, i groaned. Why can't i sleep? Maybe it was due to the new environment or the excitement for tomorrow.

Tomi came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body. I let my hair down, it falls a little below my shoulder.

"Just imagine" I look at her with a confused expression. "What happened the last time this room was used, i mean who used this bed? Like honeymoon" she wriggled her eyebrows as i scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"Eeww... Shut up girl" she laughs at my reaction.

"It is the truth, the room-"

An abrupt knock at the door made us stop our chatter. We both stare at each other in confusion, we were expecting no one. I jump as it sounded again getting persistent.

"Teni? Tomi? I know you girls are awake. I heard you laughing" I let out a sigh of relief recognizing Prince voice.

"What do you want?! " I snapped getting annoyed.

"Can i come in?" He asked innocently.

"No!" Tomi and i answered in verbatim as she clutched her towel tightly against her bosom.

"Can you girls come out?"

"Why should we?" Tomi shakes her head as a sign of no.

"Cause there is a meeting?" He answered sounding unsure behind the door.

"What meeting?" I questioned curiously.

"Like a get together? You know what?, if you don't trust me, i can get Femi"

I look at Tomi for approval, she only shrugged looking skeptical.

"Give us a minute we will join you guys"

I hear him walk away probably to get Femi.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Get dressed ... They won't try anything funny"

Few minutes later, Tomi, Femi and I found ourselves sitting in a circle with the elites. I sat beside Prince while Tomi sat beside me on the other side.

"This is not right" I stated the obvious as we occupied the floor of the passage way.

"Relax. Nothing is going to happen" Prince assured me again.

"What if our group instructor checks up on us?"

"He won't" I narrowed my eyes on the annoying boy who always sound so sure of himself. He wore a white polo shirt with checkered cotton pajama pants. 

Am not going to lie. He looks good in anything, not that he needs to know, i don't want to inflate his big ego.

"Of course he won't Mr. Know it all, I don't even want to know why you are so sure" I bite back.

I saw the tick in his jaw, he is getting angry. His eyes rest on my forehead. I got confused not until i realized that i had my hair down. I threw him a stony glare, using the band on my wrist to hold my hair up.

"Why are we here?" Femi asked the most important question of the moment.

"To know ourselves, considering the fact we are in the same groups" Folahami replied.

"And am bored" Prince said truthfully.

"We are in a group of twelve, what of others?" Femi continued with the question.

"They aren't relevant" Shubomi stated as i gasp.

"Everyone is fu*king relevant big guy" Femi snaps at him as we all turned quiet as they stare each other down. You could feel the hate they have for each other due to the stares.

"Guys... Calm down. We can't afford to start the first day of this trip with fights and quarrels." Tokunbo reasoned out.

"I know what to do, let's play a game. Spin the bottle"Prince reasoned as I snort.

"Boring... "

"Do you have any other option?" Henrietta asked sounding annoyed as she sat in between Adeola and Shubomi.

I stare her down about to reply when an idea clicked in my head. I feel like stirring up trouble. You want a game, i will give you a game to play. I smirk.

"Let's play Paranoia.. "

"What is that?" Adeola questioned looking interested as well as others.

"You don't know the game?" They all shook their heads in confusion, i like where this is going, confusion at its finest. "Let me educate you novice. Paranoia is a simple game. Since we are in a circle it makes it much easier. You will whisper into your partners ears , asking a question or stating an opinion about someone in the group. Your partner will also whisper back his or her reply but there is a clause to this. After the reply,  the group has to know what was being asked or being answered and there is only one way to find out. A coin is tossed, if heads, you are going to say it to the whole group but if tails, then you are keeping it between yourself, is that clear?"

"Quick question... What if you don't want to tell your partner the answer to his question or the group, what does that entails?" Folahami asked.

"Since there is nothing to drink on... The fellow will be eliminated from the game meaning he or she as to go back to his or her room. Are we clear? Good, let's start" I rub my hands together.

"We don't have a coin" Tomi stated quietly beside me but i guess everyone heard her.

"I got one here, hold on" Prince fishes through his pocket before bringing out a, a bottle lid? We all stare at him. "What? At least it looks like a coin" he shrugged.

Yes it looks like a coin but what is a bottle lid doing in the pocket of his sleeping clothes? I turned to look at his twin who merely shrugged. I shook my head.

Looking around at our formation. Me, Prince, Tokunbo, Adeola, Henrietta, Shubomi, Folahami, Femi, Tomi then me... Again.

"I will start" I volunteered as everyone turns quiet.

I turn to Prince who wore a mischievous smile. This boy will surely spill some details.

You could feel the tension in the air as I whispered into his ear.

"Who and who as a crush on each other?" I said quietly into his ear, my hand covering my mouth.
He grinned at me, as he whispered back into my ear.

"Adeola likes Femi, Tokunbo as a thing for Tomi. That is all i have got to say for now"

My mouth formed an 'o'. I nod trying to control the smile on my face.

"Toss the damn thing" Shubomi ordered looking impatient.

I toss it. We watch it flew up, before it touches the ground showing tails. Prince and i hooted in happiness.

"I don't like where this game is going" Tokunbo mutters quietly.

Translation:

Boli and epa: roasted ripe plantain with roasted groundnut. Very yummy 😋

Hey guys...

More chapters coming up, don't forget to vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 1.3K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...
129K 21.3K 33
High school is a very critical part of every teenagers life and thus highly important. In high school, you make memories, mistakes, fall in love and...
23.2K 8.2K 57
"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬; 𝐰...
20 1 10
Shantel is super excited about moving to a High School in Nigeria, especially being in the dormitory. But what she meets in there, is definately not...