The Stepbrothers And Me

By humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 25

98 8 0
By humyyussuf

"Stacey wake up!" I instantly shot out of bed, I will kill the person who just disturbed my sleep.
"I want to know everything about yesterday!" I look at Millie with a deadly look.

"What the fluff Millie, it is so early, I want to sleep!" I tell her and just cover myself more with my covers and close my eyes, I feel myself slip back into dreamland before the covers are ripped from me and the cold instantly hits my body.

"Millie give me back my duvet before I kill you!" I tell her.

"I will give you back the duvet if you tell me everything that happened yesterday." Millie says.

"Fine,I will tell you what happened!" I sigh.
She gives me the duvet and gets inside it as well.

So tell her everything exactly how it happened, by the time I'm done,she is literally jumping with joy.

"Oh my gosh, that was so cute!" Millie squeals. "But exactly why are you not happy?" Millie asks with a serious tone.

"I don't know, the date was perfect but I just don't know if it's what I want!" I sigh.

"What was on your mind through out the whole date?" Millie asks.
Charlie was in my head.

"Nothing!" I tell her.

"That's a really cute necklace!" Only when Millie mentions the necklace do I notice that I am fidgeting with it.

"Charlie bought it!" I smile at the memory of that day.

"Okay, so you're wearing the necklace that Charlie brought for you but you are not wearing the bracelet that Hunter gave you!" Millie says holding the bracelet in her hand.

"The bracelet feels heavy in my wrist and the necklace just feels perfect!" All of a sudden Millie just starts squealing and jumping.

"Oh my gosh, I know why you didn't have fun!" Millie says while jumping up and down on my bed. "You like Charlie! You're head over heels for him!" Wait what!

"Millie,me and Charlie are just friends and I don't even know if we're still friends considering the fact that we haven't talked in an eternity!" I tell her.
She just stares at me with this are-you-even-listening-to-yourself look.

"Okay so maybe you guys haven't talked for a while but that doesn't mean that you don't like him,so tomorrow you're going to go to school and try talking to Charlie and see." Millie tells me. "And I have to go, Nick and I have a date." Millie starts blushing.

After Millie leaves I am left all alone with my thoughts, I guess I will just have to wait till tomorrow to ask Charlie.

-------------------------

"Oh my,what do we have here! I actually thought the rumors were just rumors!" I groan.
So right now Jeremy is here to 'greet' me and Hunter, and just annoy us to hell.

"Stay the fuck away from us Jeremy!" Hunter growls at him. "I won't say this twice!" Hunter pushes Jeremy and pulls my hand.

"Ohh and how's Charlie, I heard that the doctors said..." Before Jeremy could say anything else Hunter start punching him,there was blood on the floor,I'm guessing it is Jeremy's blood, Hunter doesn't stop until one of Jeremy's friends pull him away from him.

"Hunter! We have to go now!" I tell Hunter and push him away,honestly I am failing miserably at it,but Hunter reluctantly walks away.

We walk to the far side of the school since I know that everyone avoids coming here except those who are doing drugs or want to make out or ditch classes, it is said that a girl was killed here on the first day of school.

"Let me see your hand!" I tell Hunter,his knuckles are bruised and they are bleeding, Hunter is beyond angry,if this was a cartoon, there would be steam coming out of his nose and ears.

"It's nothing!" Hunter pulls his hand away.
I am seriously getting pissed off right now, boys and their pride.

"Shut up and let me see,I have a first aid kit in my locker! I am going to go fetch it." I tell him and walk away.

What on earth was Jeremy talking about, he said something to do with doctors, I really need to talk to Charlie and ask him.

I didn't even realise that I had reached my locker, I pull out the first aid kit and when I close my locker Jeremy is there. His whole face is still bloody, he is holding a tissue to his nose but there's blood all over his face.

"Hi gorgeous, we didn't get a chance to greet each other earlier!" Oh God, help me,I am so going to kill  this guy one of these days if not now. "You know,maybe you should ask your boyfriend about Charlie and see what lie he comes up with!" He says and walks away.

When I get to Hunter, he is on the floor with his back against the lockers and his hands on top of his head,he looks calmer.

"I have the first aid kit!" I say and sit down across from him. I take his hands and start cleaning the blood off with a cotton, Hunter didn't wince not even once.

"I'm sorry about earlier!" Hunter says,I just nod,my head is still on Jeremy's words.
"What was Jeremy talking about earlier?" Hunter immediately pulled his hand from me and his whole body tensed.

"Nothing, just some bullshit,he was just trying to get inside yours and mine's head!" Hunter says not looking at me.

"It didn't sound like he was lying because it definitely got to you,if it was a lie,you would have ignored him!" I look at him straight into his blue eyes.

"It was nothing okay,and we're extremely late for classes, we should go!" Hunter gets up and just walks away.

During break, I go to our usual table at the cafeteria, but neither Millie nor Nick are there,and I can't see Hunter anywhere also,and literally everyone has been talking about Hunter and Jeremy this morning, and also that Charlie has left the school to go to New York,I haven't seen Hunter to ask him so I don't know if it's even true. So I end up spending my break in the library.

But ofcourse I can not have a moment of peace,5 minutes after I sit down and start reading, Jeremy sits across from me.

"So have you asked your boyfriend about Charlie?" His face is much cleaner now,but it is still bruised.

"No I didn't!" I say without taking my eyes off the book.

"Did you know that you're the worst liar I have ever seen!" Jeremy says and when I look at him, he is smirking, I want to smack that smirk away.

"Why can't you just leave us alone, it shouldn't be that hard,and I am pretty sure that there are girls who wouldn't mind spending the night with you!" I say and go back to my book.

"Fine then,I'm leaving, but if I were you,I wouldn't get close to Hunter knowing that he is keeping something!" Jeremy says over his shoulder.

By the end of the day,I am exhausted, my brain is not functioning at all,and all I want to do is go home,shower,eat,sit with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and just watch high school musical.

The whole ride home Millie doesn't say anything, she probably noticed that I was half dead, when she gets to my house,I notice another car in the driveway, but my parents are at work and I don't think we were expecting anyone else.

I say goodbye to Millie and just drag myself to the door.
The moment I opened the door I can hear someone crying, I take out the throwing knife I keep in my bag and hold it like my life depends on it,maybe it actually does.
My dad gave me a set of throwing knives for my last birthday, so I keep one in my school bag,one in my jeans, and one under my pillow.

You do know that if it's a ghost,the knife will go right through it,and I am pretty sure even the ghost will laugh at you.

Can't you just keep quiet for once.

I make my way to the kitchen and the moment I see movement in the kitchen, I turn around and throw the knife,the knife gets stuck in one of the cabinets and everyone is staring at me.

"Stacey what do you you're doing?" My mom yells at me. "You could have injured someone!" My mom pulls out the knife from the cabinet and puts it on the table.

The crying I was hearing was actually Mrs. Collins, she looks terrible, and Mr. Collins looks like he's having a hard time holding everything in,my dad has this look on his face,well he did buy me the knives,it is not my fault,I thought that there was something else in the house.
What on earth is going on here.

"Umm, I am so sorry, I just thought that there was a ghost or something!" I instantly hear chuckling behind, I turn around and see Charlie leaning against the doorframe.

"It's fine dear!" Mr. Collins says and starts rubbing his wife's back to calm her down. When I turn around Charlie is no longer there,so I excuse myself and go to the living room and find Charlie on his phone.
I clear my throat and he looks at me with his award winning smile, except that this time it is filled with sadness and regret.

"You can come up if you want!" I start walking to my room and I can hear Charlie coming with.
How exactly am I even supposed to talk to him, and why would I tell him to come up.

"How are exams going?" Charlie asks unsurely when we get to my room.

"Good!" I reply without looking at him,maybe if I just ignore him,I will hopefully know whether I like him or not.

But you already know that you like him,don't you.

But I don't know how he feels,we haven't talked in an eternity, it just feels complicated.

"Stacey!" I snap out of my thoughts and see Charlie right in front of me,I instantly turn red from the fact of how close he is,I have never felt this before, not even when I had met Hunter for the first time.

"Sorry, I was just thinking!" I tell him turning around to go to my closet.

"Can we please talk? There's just something I need to tell you,and I'm afraid that if I wait any longer,I will regret it and end up losing you forever!" Charlie says in one breath.

Oh God, what if he knows that I like him,and he doesn't like me back,what will my reaction be when he tells me that he doesn't want to be my friend.

Will you calm down and hear what he has to say,you are acting really dumb.

I reluctantly sit down on my bed, while waiting for him to say whatever he wants to say, i find myself fidgeting with the necklace that he gave me,Charlie noticed it too,but he didn't say anything.

                    ×××××××××××××××××××

So do you guys think he'll tell her,or will he just leave her in the dark.

Please do not forget to vote and comment.

Pretty please with lots of ice cream and chocolate sauce.

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
2.3K 19 14
Angela is the nerd of the school. She is a very sweet and nice girl. Unfortunately she fell in love with the badboy, Miles who hates her. She tries t...
289K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
98.8K 2.3K 34
Savannah Maxwell is the most popular girl in school but she's not your typical 'popular girl'; she's nice to literally everyone, caring, funny, tries...