Underbelly } Sweet Pea

By GraceMadeline16

Stephanie "Stevie" Jones was the older sister of Jughead Jones. Remaining on the Southside of town, so not ma... More

cast
epigraph
Watcher in the Woods
"Damnit, String Bean"
Watcher in the Woods part 2
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
The Town That Dreaded Sundown cont.
When a Stranger Calls
Death Proof
Death Proof cont.
Death Proof cont.
Tales from the Darkside
The House of the Devil
Silent Night, Deadly Night
The Wrestler
A/n
A/n
The Wicked and Divine
The Tell-Tale Heart
The Hills Have Eyes
Season 5 preview
The Hills Have Eyes cont.
Season 5 preview
There Will Be Blood
Authors note
The Noose Tightens
A Night to Remember
Prisoners
Shadow Of A Doubt
Judgement Night
Brave New World
ACT II
Labor Day
Faceclaim

The Blackboard Jungle

4.2K 96 9
By GraceMadeline16

"I didn't pee for two years at school."

Stevie was standing at her locker, looking for her chemistry book when the PA system went roof, "Attention all Southside High students; due to a gas leak in the basement, effective immediately Southside High will be shut down. Emails have been sent out to you and your parents this morning about your designated schools. Please direct any and all questions to Mayor McCoy."

Stevie let out a squeal as she was suddenly picked up and spun around, "Hi to you too."

Sweet Pea set her down with a smile, closing her locker and grabbing her bag, "C'mon. We need to find Topaz and your brother."

Fangs appeared out of nowhere, literally, and pulled Stevie in for a hug, "Maybe I can finally learn something at Riverdale High."

"Wait, we're going to Riverdale?" Stevie smiled, looking between the two boys who just nodded their heads at her, "I have to call Kevin!"

The trio and a few other Serpents let out hoots and hollers, walking out the front door, startling Jughead and Toni, "What's going on?"

"This hellhole is officially closed!" Sweet Pea informed, wrapping his arm around Stevie, "We're done. No more Southside high."

"What? How?"

"They say it's dangerous and gonna be quarantined. Who cares?" He added, "We're all going to different schools."

"Wait, this doesn't make sense," Jughead spoke, confused, "Where are you going?"

"Same as you, and Toni, and Fangs, and Stevie." He smirked, sharing a look with the two standing next to him, "We're going to Riverdale High. Think of all those Northside heads to knock."

Stevie rolled her eyes, stepping away from the tall Serpent as he and Fangs pretended to throw punches at each other, sharing an amused look with Toni. She let out a laugh as Sweet Pea pulled her along with Fangs and the other Serpents.

Stevie let Toni dress her for their first day at Riverdale High; she had fishnets on under a checkerboard print skirt, a ripped up Motley Crue shirt, a pair of heeled boots, and her Serpent jacket sitting proudly on her back. Her hair was curled and sitting in a high pony at the top of her head.

Her and Jughead led the Serpents through the main doors of the school, ignoring the looks they were getting from their new classmates. They led the group to a table where Kevin, Archie, Betty, Veronica, Josie, and a few other students were standing behind. Kevin let a big smile make its way across his face at the sight of his best friend. Stevie responded with a big smile and a wave, stopping in front of the table.

"Friends," Veronica greeted with a smile, "On behalf of the students and faculty at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school! To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments, class schedules, and a list of sports and extracurricular's."

Kevin motioned to the Vixens sign up sheet and Stevie shook her head frantically, mouthing 'absolutely not.', laughing as the boy pouted.

"We encourage each and everyone of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale." Veronica finished

"Stand down, Eva Peron!" Cheryl exclaimed, making her way down the stairs with Reggie, Moose, and a few vixens and football players. Jughead and Stevie shared a look before looking back at Cheryl.

"There's the school spirit I so fondly remember." Jughead stated, causing Stevie to laugh, patting her brother on the back.

"Cheryl," Veronica said, "No one invited Fascist Barbie to the party."

"Wrong, Veronica," Cheryl snapped, "No one invited Southside scum to our school."

Everyone turned to look at Stevie, knowing how she reacts to people talking down on the Southside. Stevie narrowed her eyes at the red-head as Sweet Pea grabbed her shoulders, preventing her from moving.

"Listen up, Ragamuffins," She continued, "I will not allow our above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers. So, please do us all a favor, and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways."

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Toni demanded, stepping forward; Stevie in tow, backing up her best friend.

"Happily, queen of the buskers." Cheryl cheered, taking a step forward as Stevie and Toni did the same thing, getting stopped by Veronica and Archie.

"Okay, guys," Archie started, standing next to Stevie, "Can we just put our Northside-Southside differences aside and start over? A new slate?"

"Mm," Reggie hummed, "You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews. And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place, trying to kick your ass."

"Happy to finish what we started," Sweet Pea spoke, pushing between Toni and Stevie, getting held back by Jughead and Fangs as Stevie turned to face him, placing her hands on his chest, causing him to look down at her as Veronica stood between the two groups, "God, I am so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now!" She snapped

"All right, that's enough pomp and circumstance," Principal Weatherbee snapped, separating the two groups, "Everyone, let's get to class. Now!"

Stevie grabbed the schedule for her friends, letting Kevin lead her to the student lounge, "please tell me one of your very hot serpent friends swings my way."

"I mean, there's Fangs but I don't think he's fully out there yet. Other than that, I don't talk to anyone besides Sweet Pea and Toni." Stevie shrugged as her and Kevin walked into the lounge, "I seriously need to thank Toni for dressing you, and ask her if I can go shopping with her."

Stevie rolled her eyes, dragging Kevin over to the couch where Sweet Pea was, "Sweet Pea, this is Kevin. Kevin, this is Sweet Pea."

"The best friend," Sweet Pea spoke, nodding his head at Kevin, "Stevie never shuts up about you."

"It's nice to see your face without Stevie sucking it off." Kevin smiled as Stevie elbowed both of them, sitting in between them on the couch as Toni sat in the chair to their left and Fangs sat in the chair across from Kevin.

"Thinking about being a Vixen?" Sweet Pea smirked, placing a hand on her thigh. Kevin shared a look with Fangs and Toni as they all smiled at the couple.

"Kevin wants me to try-out but it's not really my thing." Stevie shrugged, putting her hand on the back of his head, playing with the hair that curled at the end of his neck.

Veronica walked in with Josie and Stevie saluted the two as they waved at the girl.

"I don't think we've met," Veronica smiled, holding her hand out to Toni, "Veronica Lodge."

"Of the park avenue Lodge's." Stevie and Jughead spoke in unison as Jughead held his pinky out, eating a chip.

"Toni Topaz."

"Oh, like the purple-colored gem-stone. Love it." Veronica smiled

"And I'm Josie McCoy. Formerly of the Pussycats. Now, just Josie." She introduced, her stare lingering on Sweet Pea, causing Stevie to narrow her eyes at the girl, which didn't go unnoticed by Toni, who just smirked at the girl.

"What's your name?" Kevin asked Fangs

"Fogarty." He answered, causing Stevie to snort, hiding her face in Sweet Pea's shoulder as he silently laughed at both his friends, "But you can call me Fangs. Your last name is Keller, right?"

"How do you know that?"

"Well, Stevie is one of my best friends," He started, "And Joaquin and I used to hang out."

Stevie noticed how they both held each other's gaze and she nudged Sweet Pea, motioning to the two.

"You guys," Weatherbee exclaimed, storming into the lounge, "Yes, you guys. Come with me. Now!"

Stevie shared a look with her friends as Sweet Pea pulled her off the couch, resulting in her dragging Kevin with her. They followed Weatherbee down the hallway, where he stood next to a smug looking Reggie Mantle.

Stevie looked down to see a horribly drawn snake over the Riverdale High seal that was in front of the main doors. She looked back up at the boy, narrowing her eyes at the boy, knowing exactly who did it.

"Which one of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?" He asked, looking around at the group that stood in front of him.

"This is what they do principal Weatherbee," Reggie started, "They tag their turf."

Stevie went to walk forward but Kevin and Sweet Pea held her back.

"My God, Reggie," Veronica said, "Can you be any more transparent?"

"Effective immediately," Weatherbee started, "No gang behavior of any kind will be tolerated. As of this moment, no more Serpent jackets."

"What? Are you kidding me?" Sweet Pea and Jughead chorused as Stevie let out a groan.

"No more Serpent Jackets!," Weatherbee snapped, "All tattoos are to be covered. Possession of any gang paraphernalia whatsoever will lead to immediate suspension. That's all."

Stevie was leaning against the arcade game Sweet Pea was playing, watching him with a smile at the look of concentration on his face.

"I can't believe you guys don't see it," Jughead said, "Weatherbee is profiling us."

Stevie rolled her eyes as Sweet Pea scoffed at her brother's words.

"What's next?" He asked, "Brain implants controlling what we think?"

"Jughead, you sound like a conspiracy nut," Toni spoke, "A school closed down."

"A crappy school." Sweet Pea corrected, not breaking concentration.

"Yeah, and now we're at a better one," Toni continued, "With a computer lab, and text books..."

"And toilets that flush." Sweet Pea added as Stevie nodded in agreement, "I didn't pee at school for two years."

"Getting transferred to Riverdale High is the best thing that could have happened." Toni finished as Stevie agreed.

"Maybe ever." Sweet Pea added, causing Stevie to laugh at his comments. She turned to look at her brother, "So if I have to take off my jacket 8:30 to 3:00 Monday through Friday...I'm down with it."

Toni and Sweet Pea agreed as Jughead didn't take his sisters words so lightly, storming out of the Wyrm, "Sometimes, I actually believe that I have two little sisters instead of one."

Stevie felt weird not wearing her Serpent jacket to school but if it meant she would actually get to have a real education, she was fine with it. That and FP would kill her if she got suspended for wearing the jacket. She walked into the lounge and did a double take at seeing Sweet Pea with a turtleneck on.

"Don't say a word." Sweet Pea warned as Stevie walked up to her friends, "See, that's what you get for getting your tattoo on your neck."

"You never complained," Sweet Pea smirked, "In fact, it I recall correctly, you love where it is."

Stevie quickly put her hand over his mouth before he could say anything else as Kevin looked at them with a smile whereas Toni and Fangs looked at them in disgust as Toni turned to face Kevin, "We've seen them make out too many times. Now it's your turn to witness them being gross."

"Hey guys," Jughead greeted, walking past Reggie, "What's up?"

"I'm gonna kill him." Stevie snapped, turning to look at her brother.

By now, everyone was staring at Jughead and Reggie because Jughead was wearing his Serpent jacket, "Take it off."

Jughead ignored him, looking at the options in the vending machine. Reggie had stood up, causing Fangs and Sweet Pea to stand up behind Stevie.

"Take off that jacket, rat boy." Reggie demanded as a few football players stood behind him.

"Oh Reggie," Jughead started, "I don't think you know what this jacket means. Because you have no sense of honor. Or history. Or loyalty."

"That's it." Reggie snapped, jumping at Jughead causing Sweet Pea and Fangs to rush over. Toni and Stevie shared a look as Kevin moved to stand next to the brunette, "Should we even try to stop them?"

Stevie and Toni quickly shook their heads at the Keller boy, "Absolutely not."

Next thing they knew, everyone except Kevin was called into Weatherbee's office. Stevie was holding onto Sweet Pea's hand, rubbing at his bruised knuckles.

"You all have a week's detention for fighting." Weatherbee announced as Stevie and Toni shared a look of disbelief considering they weren't involved in the fight.

"Mr. Jones," Weatherbee started, turning to face the boy, "either take that jacket off or I'll have no choice but to suspend you."

Stevie called out to her brother, "Jug, please just take it off."

"Then I guess I'm suspended."

Stevie sighed, leaning her head on Sweet Pea's shoulder.

"Oh god," Stevie mumbled, looking in the mirror, "I wanna kick my own ass."

Because of the whole jacket situation, Weatherbee gave them Riverdale High uniforms. Fangs, of course, refused. So they suspended him. Stevie pulled her hair up into a ponytail, shoving her real clothes into her bag before making her way to the student lounge.

Except this time, she couldn't hold in her laughs. Sweet Pea had on a turtleneck under his uniform, "Oh no. What did they do to you?"

The tall teen just rolled his eyes at the girl, looking at her up and down, "Guess I can get used to you looking like this."

Toni just looked at the two with a smile, "So are you two back together or what?"

The two teens looked at each other, heat rushing to both of their faces before looking back at Toni, "We're getting there."

"I don't know about you two, but I don't think I can handle having a wedgie everyday."

"What the hell guys?" Jughead asked, walking into the student lounge to see his sister and two friends wearing uniforms, "Guys..."

"Weatherbee gave them to us," Toni said, walking up with Sweet Pea and Stevie, "Said he understood that not every Southside Student had the means to purchase Riverdale High acceptable clothes."

"I smell something that starts with the letter 'V' and ending in 'Eronica', "Stevie stated, crossing her arms, "Considering her parents hate anything to do with the Southside."

"He thinks this will help us fit in," Toni added, handing Stevie her coffee, "You need caffeine before you kill someone."

"Where's Fogarty?" Jughead asked, noticing the third missing musketeer

"He wouldn't wear the uniform," Sweet Pea answered, looking at his two best friends, "So they got rid of him. Suspended him."

"Starting to think he had the right idea." Stevie mumbled, leaning against Sweet Pea as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"So our choices are conform or be cast out." Jughead concluded as they nodded

"If I see Veronica, I'm gonna use those pearls to strangle her."

Stevie walked into the classroom that Jughead had told her to meet him in, to be met with the Serpents and Fangs.

Wearing the uniform.

"Who or what got you into the uniform?" Stevie asked, taking a seat next to the boy

"Welcome to the inaugural meeting of the swords and serpents club." Jughead spoke, motioning to the drawing on the chalkboard of a Serpent with a sword going through it.

"Which is what, exactly?"

"Like I told Fogarty to lure him back to dear ol' Riverdale, we are a gaming group. Sanctioned by Mr. Weatherbee, himself," Jughead started, causing Stevie to look between her brother and friend who was looking very smug, "Where like-minded students can meet and concoct world-building, role-playing scenarios, inhabiting fantastical heroes and dispatching mythological creatures."

"Oh my god," Stevie groaned, "You are such a nerd."

"No, but really." Toni asked

"It's a club. For us," he started, " where we can be Serpents, during school hours and under everyone's noses. We're not shedding our skins; we're just laying low, in the tall grass."

Stevie looked at her brother with an impressed look on her face, impressed with the underlying meaning of the club.

"Ya know, Steph," A serpent called from the back, causing everyone to turn their attention to him, "Your brother is doing hell of a lot better at making sure we fit in here."

Everyone turned to look at Stevie, whose eye twitched in irritation, "Maybe your dad was right to take the Serpents back from you."

Sweet Pea and Fangs both shot up to grab Stevie as she moved to lunge at the boy, "You better watch your fucking mouth. I've been busy with Weatherbee on getting these uniforms taken away and letting us wear our jackets."

The boy looked down at the desk in embarrassment, as Sweet Pea and Fangs let go out at the girl, "You don't know shit about what I do unless it concerns you. You wanna talk shit about me and how I'm not doing anything, maybe I should let my dad know you're disrespecting his kids."

The bell rang and Stevie grabbed her bag, making her way out of the classroom as Sweet Pea chased after her, "Stevie! Steph!"

"What, Pea?" She sighed, turning to face the boy as he stopped in front of her. He dropped his bag and pulled her to him, leaning down to press his lips to hers. Her eyes widened in surprise, quickly closing them as she wrapped her arms around his neck, tangling her fingers in his hair.

"That was...wow." She whispered, pulling away from him with a smile. He let out a laugh, bending down to grab his bag, swinging it over his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "Oh yeah. Wow."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 4K 39
After hearing about their fathers arrest, Aviana and Jughead move to Southside high. Whilst her brother is writing articles, Aviana feels right at ho...
20.4K 230 40
Avery Jones, Daughter of Fp and Gladys, and sister of Jughead And Jellybean Jones. She just got released from a Juvenile Detnetion center there she w...
105K 2.9K 32
Betty is left broken-hearted after her boyfriend humiliated her in front of the entire audience during the last football game of the year, as Betty r...
62.5K 777 54
Jayda Jones, Jughead's twin sister. Complete opposites. He grew up at Riverdale High. She grew up at Southside High. He loves to write. She hates it...