Enigma | Park Jimin FF

Per pick_your_filter2020

The cold, Korean city of Seoul holds a secret. Park Jimin has a perfect life working as a detective in the t... Més

~Introduction~
~Prologue~
~ Surprise! ~
~02~
~03~
~04~
~05~
~06~
~07~
~08~

~01~

49 5 1
Per pick_your_filter2020

Sipping on his cup of coffee, Jimin pressed the stamp onto his latest case file, exhausted with the all nighter he pulled. Jimin dreaded night shifts and yawned as he got up from his office chair to grab his fifth cup of coffee.

He groaned as the sound of his phone ringing pierced through the silent room. He sluggishly walked back to his table and picks up the phone without bothering to look at the ID. Not-so-gracefully plopping himself down back on the chair he picked up the call, tilting his head upwards to stretch out his tense muscles after bending over his table all night.

"Who is it?"

"Is this Park Jimin?"

" Yes, what do you want?"

" I'm the lawyer of Jeong Hwan, your brother-in-law."

" What about him?"

" I've come to inform you about his will and your name is mentioned multiple times in it."

"I didn't know he left behind a will."

" You have to come and collect it today"

"Today?"

"Yes, today Mr.Park. Please come by evening."

A shrilling beep was heard indicating the call had ended. Jimin sighed, placing his phone back on the table in front of him before getting up and packing up his things.

Pulling his car into the driveway, the engine dies out as he runs a hand down his face and rests his head on his steering wheel. His fingers play with the silver ring as his mind wandered to his fiancé.

They had been dating for 2 years, and Jimin had finally proposed to her. Slamming his car door shut, he walked over to the door, unlocking it before slowly stepping in, trying not to make much noise in hopes of not waking Ara up.

Surprised to see her on the couch surrounded by blankets and pillows while she worked on a case on her laptop.

"Why are you still awake?"

He asks, taking his shoes off and neatly placing them by the door next to her pair of sneakers.

"Nothing, just working on a case." she replies, eyes glued to the screen, her auburn locks tied up in a messy bun.

"It's 3 am, you should get some sleep."

"I could say the same thing about you."

" Ara, you look like you survived a zombie apocalypse."

"Well, you look like you became one."

Without a reply, he shuts the laptop and grabs her, tossing her over his shoulder. She hung limp in his hold as she admired the view of his upside-down Jibooty.

" Stop drooling." He says, smacking her ass before lifting her off his shoulder and dumping her on the bed like a sack of potatoes.

After a quick shower, he walks out of the bathroom with no shirt on and a pair of sweatpants. As soon as her eyes land on his bare upper body, she looks up at him with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm not falling for that, Park Jimin."

"Falling for what?" he asked cheekily before jumping onto the bed next to her.

"That"

She says, running a finger down his perfectly toned abs with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Don't start something you can't finish."

He says, with a husky voice placing a firm hold on her wrist.

"Well, let's find out who finishes first."

She says, sweeping her tongue over her upper lip.

Jimin leans forward, his breath fanning her lips as his minty scent invades her senses.

Before she could make her move, he pulls away with a playful smirk as she smacks his chest with a frown.

"Asshole"

"Goodnight".

He says with a chuckle and brings her into his embrace. Laying her head on his bare chest, closing the space between them, he wraps his legs around her waist, cuddling her closer as they are pulled into the oblivion of dreams.

↞~↞~↠~↠

"Mr.Park, glad you could make it," the suited man said, shaking Jimin's hand before sitting back down onto his chair. Jimin copying his actions sat down onto the chair opposite him, watching as the lawyer pulled out papers from his drawer next him.

"It says here that he left his house behind for you"

"Oh, but why would he leave that for me?"

"Well, he did Mr.Park and that includes all his belongings in it."

"All of it?"

"Yes, all of it."

"He has left a few other things like his car and such, I would like to discuss some documents that you would have to sign."

After discussing and signing paperwork for what felt like hours, Jimin was finally able to leave. Shaking the man's hand one last time, Jimin left the building heading back to his car.

↞~↞~↠~↠

Cleaning up Jeong Hwan's house wasn't hard. Sure it was big and huge but Hwan kept it pretty clean with all the maids he had. Jimin was surprised at the size of the house and wondered why his sister had never mentioned it before.

His sister, Park Chaewon took his death the hardest. Being married to him for only 7 months, she was absolutely devastated when she received the news. She locked herself in her room for weeks and when she didn't, she wouldn't speak a word to anyone around her.

She was a walking shadow, unseen and unheard. Finally being done with most of the house, Jimin made his way tiredly to the last room. Jeong Hwan's office. Opening the door to the office, Jimin went straight to cleaning. Packing a few files and documents from the shelves before heading over to the desk to clean out the drawers.

He noticed the large bookshelf that stood in the corner of the room and walked over to it. Jimin always had a fascination towards books and after not really knowing his brother in law personally, he was curious to see his collection.

He dragged his finger along the dusty books when he noticed one that looked seemingly strange. It had a velvety red exterior with a golden moon inscribed on the front. Placing his finger on top of the book, he pulled forward but instead of falling out, it extended halfway before abruptly stopping.

What the- A low rumbling interrupted his thoughts as the wooden shelf vibrated and edged to the side, revealing a door behind it.

Jimin often saw this in his investigations, but he never expected it to happen here. Looking around to see if anyone saw him, he slowly turns the rusted knob and opens the door, revealing a flight of stairs covered in dust and cobwebs.

Pulling out his flashlight, he shines the light down into the narrow descent and takes his first step. The stairs creaked with each step and the musty smell of meldew invaded his senses. The light lands on a pair of switches and he turns it on.

A cellar? Why would he need that? The more he discovered, the more Jimin became aware that his brother in-law was hiding something. Walking down the hallway past the empty prison cells, he turns a corner and is met by a large room with a desk and chair in the center.

The dull grey walls exhibited an aura of eeriness as Jimin made his way towards the desk. He opened the drawer , placing the wooden slab on the floor before rummaging through the draw. His rushed fingers wrapped around what seemed to be a case file and journal.

The dusty journal has the same peculiar logo as the first book - a golden moon. 

This time, there was a sentence underneath that seemed to be in another language. Jimin recognized it as Greek from his recent investigation in Greece, but he wasn't knowledgeable in the language.

Picking up one of the files he read what was on the front, eyes going wider every time he read a line.

Uncle? Why's he mentioned in a case file?

The Nyx Mafia group?

Quickly flipping the page, his mind tried to wrap around the information given.

300+ murders? Human trafficking? Drugs? Most wanted group... In hiding?

He ran his fingers through his hair before his eyes landed on the slightly dusty journal. Opening it up, he blew on it, the dust flying into the air as the words written now became clearer. He read a few lines, mouth agape when he realized that Jeong Hwan was soon going to be his new case. 

A/N : What do you think Jeong Hwan was up to? 

Now that the 1st chapter of Enigma is out, we hope that you readers will stay with us throughout the journey of this book. You can find our individual accounts here, 

My_Mochi_MoLaLa

_elysxan_07

We've written stories on our accounts as well, so please be sure to support us there as well! Thank you for reading this chapter and stay tuned for a hell of a ride ahead! 

Lots of love,

Shradh & Kim

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.1K 588 8
Y/n possesses the unique ability to hear lies, a gift she often considers more of a curse. This mysterious talent has been with her since birth, leav...
13.5K 1K 59
Have you ever wondered how far a person could go to get what he/she wants? Well let me tell you something, there's a boy name Park Jimin and Yoongi w...
247K 18.4K 78
A young man who's life sends him to walk through roads that stain his gentle soul, finds himself before a job that will change his heart forever. A...
3.9K 622 25
A major accident seven years ago had stolen Jeon Jungkook's memory away from him, wiping it so clean that the only things he were left with were only...