once we met | derek morgan. ✓

By MatthewGrayGoobles

derek morgan fanfiction. julianna mae hotchner, the daughter of ssa aaron hotchner, starts her first day as a... More

prologue!
1 : first day
2 : coffee order
3 : feelings
4 : the bar
5 : divorce
6 : road trips
7 : the cemetery
8 : history
9 : the arrest.
10 : escape.
11 : jealousy.
12 : explanations.
13 : honesty.
14 : arguments.
15 : elle.
16 : texas.
17 : hospital.
18 : dinner party
19 : morning sickness.
20 : reactions.
21 : decisions.
22 : pain.
23 : anesthesia.
24 : bottoming out
25 : speechless.
26 : interruptions
27 : cell phone.
28 : lucky charm bracelet.
29 : move in
30 : anniversary
31 : marry me?
32 : new york.
33 : explosions.
34 : together.
35 : target.
36 : aftermath.
37 : thanksgiving.
39 : take on the world.
40 : christmas.
epilogue!
announcement!

38 : torture

3.4K 48 20
By MatthewGrayGoobles

j u l e s .

I press the phone up to my ear, sitting up in the bed in worry, "Derek, talk to me. Derek!" I exclaim in fear, not knowing what's going on.

Derek grunts, "Jules, call Hotch. Call Hotch! Call Hotch! Uhh!" He winces.

Tears roll down my cheeks in worry as my jaw drops in fear.

I wipe the tears off my cheeks, "Derek? Are you there?! What's wrong?" I ask in worry.

Derek groans and winces in pain as I let out a heavy, fearful sob, "Derek! Derek! Derek! Ooh! Derek, are you there? What's wrong!? Derek!" I exclaim as the call hangs up.

I drop my phone onto the bed, running into Darnell's bedroom. I get him out of bed, getting him dressed almost immediately before leaving the house.

I speed down the street, rushing to the BAU. I need my dad - I know for a fact that the only place he'll be on the holidays is in his office.

The doors of the empty bullpen fly open as I let out a breathless cough, trying to catch my breath, "Dad! Dad!" I exclaim, looking around.

"Annie?" Emily asks in confusion.

I shake my head, "I...uh...I need..." I pant, looking around in fear, "I need my dad." I state.

Emily nods, "He's in his office." She states, gesturing towards the steps, "Wait... Annie, are you okay?" She asks.

I nod, "Yeah. I just- I need my dad. Is Garcia here?" I ask.

Emily nods, "She's in her laboratory. Do you want us to take him?" She asks, gesturing towards Darnell.

I nod, "Thank you." I state, handing her Darnell before running up the steps to Hotch's office.

I burst open the door, startling Hotch a bit.

He looks up at me in confusion, "Julianna..." He begins, "Annie what's wrong?" He asks, examining my facial expression.

I shake my head as tears flow down my cheeks, "You know I wouldn't be here if I didn't need you, dad. I'd be at home, laughing with Derek and Darnell. But Derek...he isn't home. He's gone- I don't know where they took him. One second we were on the phone and the next he was yelling 'Call Hotch! Call Hotch!' and I just- I didn't know where to go. I need your help, dad. Please help me. Please." I beg.

Hotch gives me a concerned look, "Annie, slow down. What is going on?" He asks.

I take a deep breath, "Derek and I were gonna watch a Christmas movie after the Thanksgiving dinner - but we ran out of ice cream, so he went to the store. He called me as he was walking back to his car, but there was an indistinct conversation...or uh...an argument with this man. And then uh- his words were slurring. And then all of a sudden there was the sound of Derek grunting and three men talking about if they got Derek properly or something. I'm uh- I'm not sure. I was panicking. All I know is that Derek is hurt and with some random guys he doesn't know and I need your help. I need the team's help. Please..." I beg.

Hotch nods, "The team will be here in twenty. But Annie..." Hotch begins.

I nod, "You can't let me go in the field." I state, piercing my lips together.

Hotch shakes his head, "You can go into the field with us...you just have to promise me that none of this will cloud your judgement because we need your help. You're the one who knows Derek best and you're the one who spoke to him last." He states in a stern tone.

I nod, "I completely understand. Thanks Dad." I state, standing up and walking over to the other side of his desk, giving him a tight hug.

Hotch nods, hugging me tight. Once I release myself from the hug, I turn on my heels, heading out of the office.

"Hey, kiddo..." Hotch begins.

"Yeah?" I ask, stopping by in my tracks.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I smile and nod slightly, "I'm good." I state, walking out of Hotch's office.

•••

I glance up at the doorway as the team walks inside.

JJ's eyes meet mine as she walks in, immediately sensing that something is off about the situation, "What's going on?" She asks, taking her seat.

I glance to Hotch and Garcia as they both nod. I stand up, grabbing the remote and walking over to the screen.

I let out a heavy sigh, "Are you all prepared for what I am about to tell you? This case will probably hit home hard if it backfires on us. So we have to work our hardest and I need your guys' best efforts of help." I state.

The team exchange glances and nod hesitantly, "We're ready." Rossi states.

I nod, looking down at the remote as my shaky hand hits the button, "Derek Morgan. 35. Last seen leaving our house to go to the grocery store. The last time we talked was when he was walking to the grocery store. There was sudden commotion over the phone and the call ended." I state.

There's scattered gasps and mutters as I walk over to Garcia, "Play the call."

Garcia glances up at me, "Are you sure?" She asks.

I nod, "Just play it." I state.

Garcia nods, hitting a key on her laptop as Derek's voice fills the room.

Derek : "Hey, baby."

Jules : "Did you get the ice cream?"

Derek : "You are driving me crazy woman. Y'know that?"

*inaudible mumbling and yelling*

Jules : "Who are you talking to?"

Derek : "It's nothing, baby. It's...It's nobody."

*inaudible mumbling and arguing*

Jules : "Derek, what's going on?"

Derek : "I don't know. I don't know. I was... Baby, I was just-- I was just walking."

*Derek grunting and inaudible talking*

Jules : "Derek, talk to me. Derek!"

Derek : "Jules, baby, call Hotch. Call Hotch! Call Hotch!"

*Derek winces and grunts in pain.*

*Call ends*

I clear my throat, "That's the last time I spoke to him." I state, my tone shaky.

Spence's brow furrows, "Can Garcia get an I.P. address tracked or nearby location?" He asks, "Maybe we can pinpoint locations and find the nearest proximity for a hideout."

I nod, "Garcia get to work on that." I state.

Hotch glances at me and then back to the team, "I have decided to allow Julianna to carry this investigation. I'll be supervising but all decisions on how we carry this will be made by Julianna - unless I disagree with it and think her judgement is clouded." He states.

I nod, biting the inside of my lip, "Let's get to work everyone. We don't have that much time. Who knows what the unsub's plan is."

•••

I shake my head, walking over to the round table, "This is also a dead end." I state, tossing the case file and evidence on it in frustration.

Reid looks up at me, "Morgan is smart. He'll find his way out of there - no matter how risky he is. He's okay. We just have to believe that he is until we find something." He states in a sincere tone.

I nod, biting the inside of my lip, "I know. It's just- how did I let this happen? I'm the one who sent him to the store! I was the one who whined that we didn't have anymore stupid ice cream. I just-" I begin, falling back onto the couch, letting out a groan.

Reid nods, opening his mouth to say something, but getting cut off instead as Hotch walks into the conference room. I immediately jump, sitting up on the couch, wiping underneath my eyes.

"Any new leads?" Hotch asks, looking through the evidence Reid and I looked at.

Reid shakes his head, "Not yet, sir. Has the rest of the team found anything?" He asks.

Hotch shakes his head, "We'll find something soon." He states sincerely, glancing at me.

I nod as he walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

I giggle breathlessly, "He always walks on eggshells around me - like if he doesn't do something helpful on his dad part, then I'll break or I'll mess something up or-" I begin.

Reid cuts me off, "Or you'll never forgive him again if something bad happens." He states, his eyes meeting mine, longingly.

I bite the inside of my lip, nodding, "Yeah." I mumble, kicking my shoes together.

Reid shakes his head, "I get it. He acted like that after my dilaudid issue and after Gideon left. It felt so weird...but he's just worried about you. He wants to make sure you're okay and he doesn't wanna make it worse."

I nod, "Spence..." I pause, looking at up at Reid, "I can call you Spence, right?" I ask.

Reid nods, his eyes meeting mine as he nods, smiling slightly.

I nod slightly, "What are we going to do if we can't find him? What are we going to do if those sons of bitches kill him?" I ask, my voice shaky as I let out a heavy sob, dropping down to my knees on the ground.

Reid stands up, pulling me into a hug, "We'll find him, okay? I promise we will." He states, stroking my hair in comfort.

I pull out of hug after a while, wiping under my eyes with my sweater sleeves, "Thanks Spence. I really needed that." I smile softly as he helps me off the ground.

Spence nods, smiling softly, "Everybody needs a friend sometimes." He states in a sincere, calming tone.

Everybody needs a friend sometimes...

•••

Garcia bursts into the room, walking me up. I didn't even realize I fell asleep. I look around the conference room, giggling as I notice Reid sleeping with his head down on the round table.

A loud ringing noise fills my mind as I wince, rubbing my temples, "What is that loud sound?" I ask in a groggy tone.

Garcia giggles, "That's your phone, silly. That's why I woke you up - it's been ringing for the last five minutes. Every single time you don't answer, the person ends up calling again. I was going to ignore it and let you sleep, but it seems urgent, since they're calling so much." She states, shrugging her shoulders as she watches me scramble to grab my phone.

My brow furrows as I answer the phone in utter confusion, "This is Agent Hotchner." I state in a sincere tone.

The tone goes silent as Garcia nudges at me to put the phone on speaker.

I nod, placing it on speaker.

"Who is this?" I ask.

There's a loud grunt before a familiar tone fills the room, "Jules..." The person begins.

"Who is that?" Garcia whispers.

"Jules..." The familiar voice begins again.

It's Derek... Derek. Oh my God! It's Derek!

I jump off the couch, springing to my feet almost immediately, "Derek!?" I ask.

Derek chuckles, "Took you long enough to answer." He states.

I gasp, my eyes watering in happiness.

"Jules? Are you still there?" Derek asks.

I smile softly as Garcia glances at me, "I'm still here." I pause, "Are you hurt? Are you okay? Do you know where you are?" I ask.

Derek chuckles, "Okay, this is not an interrogation. First, I'm in a bit of pain, but I'll be okay. Second and Third, I'm okay but I have no fucking clue where I am... it's in the middle of no where. So I need your help. I need you to get Garcia to triangulate this car and send the team to get me the hell out of this creepy ass place." He states.

I nod, "Garcia's already on it. The team is all here at the bureau- uh- I'll get Hotch to discuss how we're gonna get you back." I state.

Reid looks at me, "Hotch told you that you were the lead of this investigation...so it's all up to you Annie." He states.

Derek gasps, "No way! Hotch let you take the lead? For the first time in your two years of working at the bureau?" He asks.

I giggle, "Yeah. I had the most information about the case anyways. It's a subtle brag-"

Derek cuts me off, "Subtle brag!? That's not subtle! That's amazing!" He cheers.

I giggle, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll celebrate once you're back in my arms so that you can celebrate with me." I state with a soft smile.

Spence emits a small, fake gag as he listens to mine and Derek's conversation. I hit him in the arm with the case file as he winces.

Garcia's laptop pings, "I got it! I got it! I got the location! It's not that far from here!" She exclaims.

Derek chuckles in relief, "Thank God! This is why I love you woman. I love every single one of you in that room...even Pretty Boy."

I giggle, shaking my head, "Alright, let's go."

Reid nods, getting startled as Hotch walks into the conference room, "Please tell me someone has a good lead or update." He states in a stern, concerned tone.

I beam and nod, "Derek..." I begin.

"Hi Hotch. I'm uh- I'm okay." Derek states, emitting a small grunt.

Hotch's jaw drops, glancing at Garcia curiously, "Garcia..." He begins.

Garcia looks up with a soft smile, "Just sent the location to your tablet, sir." She beams.

Hotch nods, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as we walk out of the conference room, "Okay, kiddo, how do you wanna carry this out?" He asks.

I glance at him, "You want me to carry this entire investigation?" I ask in a shaky tone.

I don't trust myself to make the decisions for this investigation - I'm scared my judgement will get clouded last minute.

"I uh-" I begin stumbling over my words.

Derek coughs over the phone, "C'mon Jules..." He begins, "Make a choice." He states, groaning in pain.

All of a sudden there's a loud thud, Derek taking a huge, sharp inhale.

I gasp, my heart dropping, "Derek? Derek? Derek, baby, are you okay!?" I exclaim.

"Jules..." Derek begins.

I look to Hotch, "Let's go. I'll brief the team on the plan in the SUVs." I state, confidently.

•••

"Can everyone hear me?" I ask, turning on my mic.

"We can hear you clearly." Luke informs me.

I nod, taking a deep breath, "Okay. I want Hotch, Prentiss, and I to take the front. Alvez, Rossi, JJ, and Reid take the back." I state.

Everyone mumbles in agreement as I lean back in the passenger seat in relief.

---

We arrive to the small cabin, located in literally the middle of nowhere. I lead the first half of the team to the front, signalling the other half to the back. I glance to Hotch, then back to S.W.A.T as they bust down the door - usually I'd look to Derek to bust the door, but given the situation... I kinda can't.

The team looks around, "Clear!" Emily calls out, walking into the cabin.

"God..." I begin, "Where the hell is he?" I ask.

Suddenly I hear a familiar grunt - Derek.

"Derek!?" I exclaim.

Derek grunts again, the grunts growing louder as I come closer.

I spot him lying on the floor, "Derek!" I exclaim.

Derek smiles softly, "Jules..." He begins, "I knew you would find me." He states.

I nod, smiling softly as my eyes scan his body - scars covering his abs.

Derek's eyes meet mine longingly, "Jules..." He begins, "I love you." He states sincerely.

I nod, my eyes watering, "You can tell me that later." I state, "I need a medic in here!" I exclaim.

Derek shakes his head, grasping ahold of my wrist, "I need you to hear it. I love you. So much. You mean the world to me...and Darnell - I love him too. I kept my past a secret from the people I care about most...but I opened up to you almost immediately. Hell, I had you meeting my family within two months of us dating. You are the person I love. I have loved you for so long. I love you. Remember that. Just in case..." He states

I shake my head, shrugging my shoulders in disbelief, "Just in case, what? You die?! You're not dying... Not on my watch, okay? You hear me? You are not dying!" I exclaim, looking around in fear, "Somebody get me that fucking medic!" I yell.

I cannot lose Derek....

•••

We arrive at Grey Sloan Memorial. I immediately climb out of the ambulance, letting out a sob as I meet Dr. Kepner.

"Julianna? Why happened?" She asks, her eyes filled with worry as she pulls me into a hug.

"Derek..." I begin as the medics wheel Derek out of the ambulance in the stretcher.

Dr. Kepner's eyes flash in fear as she glances from Derek on the stretcher to the medics sitting in the middle of the room, "What do we got?" She asks the medics.

The medics nods, "Derek Morgan. 35. Has a low degree burn on his abdomen." He states.

Dr. Kepner turns towards me, with a soft smile, "His condition doesn't seem to be that bad - the burn can be treated rapidly." He states.

I nod, following them into the ER.

Dr. Kepner turns to a light-skinned, pretty female as the female's jaw drops, "Derek? What happened to him?" She asks in a curious tone.

"You know him?" I ask in confusion.

The female nods, "Derek Morgan. I met him while he was working a case five years ago. We broke up about three years ago. How do you know him?" She asks.

I nod in understanding, "He's my fiancee. We're uh- we're supposed to get married on December 20th." I state.

"Oh congratulations!" She cheers.

I nod, "Thank you, uh-" I begin

"Savannah..." She states.

"Right. Thank You Savannah." I state.

She nods as I smile softly. I notice Dr. Kepner waving me over in the corner, "I uh- I have to go. We'll catch up later, maybe?" I ask.

Savannah smiles slightly, "Yeah. That sounds good." She states.

---

I walk over to the curtain, opening it slightly.

My eyes water as I let out a sigh in relief, seeing Derek awake and responsive, "So, turns out, I'm not dying. I'm here for the long haul." He states, chuckling softly.

I giggle, "You scared the hell out of me." I state, letting out a heavy sigh in relief.

He nods, "I'm sorry..." He states as I sit down at his beside.

"It's okay. At least you're here now." I state.

He turns to Dr. Kepner and Dr. Sloan, "Can you excuse us?" He asks.

They both nod, "We're done here anyways. We'll get you discharge papers." Dr. Kepner states as they walk out of the room.

"I love you." He states.

"I love you, too." I respond.

Derek chuckles, shaking his head, "Don't say too. It sounds like you're agreeing with me."

I giggle, "You're insane." I state.

Derek chuckles, "I know." He states, "Our wedding is in a couple weeks." He states.

I nod, "I know. It's so crazy. Almost two years ago we began this crazy, hidden relationship and now we're getting married." I giggle.

He nods, "And I am so ready to spend the rest of my life with you." Derek states as I lean in, kissing me.

I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note:
hi lovelies! i hope you all enjoyed this chapter - i'm sorry it's so long lol - once i started writing, i just couldn't stop. anyways, thank you all so much for all the love and support! i love you all so much from the bottom of my heart! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 183 14
Emily is back from Paris and head over heels for Aaron Hotchner who felt the same for her. Going through a journey of past demons, kids, jobs, strug...
196K 4.3K 30
𝙊𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝘼𝙙𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙍𝙚𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙪𝙩. 𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙡𝙙...
45.1K 1.2K 35
𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙧. 𝘼𝙣 𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣�...
126K 2.3K 29
Hotch x Reader You joined the BAU at a fairly young age, little did you know it would not only become your life but your family. When Jason left you...