once we met | derek morgan. ✓

By MatthewGrayGoobles

derek morgan fanfiction. julianna mae hotchner, the daughter of ssa aaron hotchner, starts her first day as a... More

prologue!
1 : first day
2 : coffee order
3 : feelings
4 : the bar
5 : divorce
6 : road trips
7 : the cemetery
8 : history
9 : the arrest.
10 : escape.
11 : jealousy.
12 : explanations.
13 : honesty.
14 : arguments.
15 : elle.
16 : texas.
17 : hospital.
18 : dinner party
19 : morning sickness.
20 : reactions.
21 : decisions.
22 : pain.
23 : anesthesia.
24 : bottoming out
25 : speechless.
26 : interruptions
27 : cell phone.
28 : lucky charm bracelet.
29 : move in
30 : anniversary
31 : marry me?
32 : new york.
33 : explosions.
34 : together.
35 : target.
37 : thanksgiving.
38 : torture
39 : take on the world.
40 : christmas.
epilogue!
announcement!

36 : aftermath.

3.4K 55 8
By MatthewGrayGoobles

j u l e s .

[ gunshots ]

My heart stops as the gunshots ring through the car, "No... No, please no..." I begin, my voice shaky as I let out a heavy sob.

Hotch chucks his phone in anger and sadness.

Derek leans forward from the backseat and places his hand on my shoulder in comfort, glancing at Hotch and I, "Jules..." He begins.

I pull away, moving closer to the window. I shake my head in disbelief. This can't be happening - I think to myself. I bite my lip, trying to hold in a scream.

Hotch continues driving, fighting back tears. He steps on the gas as the car accelerates.

Derek takes his phone out, dialing the rest of the team.

"Hey Morgan." Reid mumbles through the phone.

Rossi clears his throat, "What's the plan when we get there?" He asks in a low tone.

Hotch lets out a heavy sigh, "When we get there - Prentiss, Morgan, Annie, and I will take the front of the house. JJ, Luke, Rossi, and Reid will take the back. Our goal is to find Foyet and take down that sun of a bitch without harming anyone else - so search the house for him..." He pauses, "And make sure to not startle Jack. Annie and I know where he is located. Neither of will take him out of safety until we know Foyet is locked up." He states as everyone mumbles in understanding.

I cannot believe this is my life now - some son of a bitch who has nothing better to do than to terrorize my family, a dead mom, hidden little brother, a father who's going to shut people out even more than usual, and me - running away from my problems like always.

We pull into the driveway of my mom's house. I hop out of the car, trying to walk away as quickly as I can - so that no one is able to give me there small pieces of pity.

I walk to the front door step with Hotch, Prentiss, and Derek. I carefully glance in the small, front window - giving Derek a small nod as he kicks down the door.

"FBI!" Prentiss calls out.

Hotch and I walk in quietly, not saying a word - the both of us still in shock and trying to comprehend the phone call.

JJ, Luke, and Reid check downstairs as Emily, Derek, Rossi and I stay on the main floor. Hotch glances at me before he walks upstairs.

"How are you feeling?" Morgan asks, following me into the living room.

I shake my head, "I just- I really don't wanna talk about it..." I mumble, glancing around.

Morgan nods, "That's understandable." He states, glancing around, "Clear." He calls out.

I nod, piercing my lips together as I walk into the office.

"Do you wanna go to dinner and-" Derek begins as I shake my head, cutting him off.

"Derek, please. Just- give me some space. I really can't handle talking about this right now, especially since I have to pretend like..." I stop myself in my tracks, searching the room thoroughly.

Derek's brow furrows, "What are you doing?" He asks in confusion.

I shake my head, "Sorry, I- uh I was looking for cameras, mics, or whatever other sick device Foyet could be using to harm my family." I state in a pissed off tone.

Derek nods, "What were you saying before you stopped talking?" He asks, curiously.

I take a deep breath, "I- uh- I really can't handle talking about my feelings and this situation right now... especially since I have to pretend like my little brother isn't sitting in this very room right now." I state harshly.

Derek looks around, his brow furrowing in confusion, "Jack isn't here?" He states.

I shake my head, "Yes he is. He's right here." I state, walking over to a big chest in the corner of the room.

I stop suddenly in my tracks as Derek and I glance at each other, hearing yelling and crashing from upstairs.

We run out of the office, meeting Prentiss and Rossi by the staircase. The four of us run up the stairs, hearing Hotch yelling in a mumbled tone.

I retrieve my gun from my belt holster, placing it at the proper level as I clear the entire upstairs.

We walk over to my childhood bedroom, my body trembling.

"Derek..." I begin, nearing him for comfort.

Derek looks down at me, "Jules..." He begins, his eyes longing as they meet mine, "What's wrong?" He asks in a low, whispered tone.

I shake my head, "That's my childhood bedroom, and that- that's my mom's body." I state, my body trembling as I let out a sob.

Suddenly, we listen as there's a hard thud. Foyet let's out a sharp exhale, Hotch's fist making multiple hits as we walk into the room.

Derek runs over, pulling Hotch off of Foyet.

"Hotch! Hotch! He's dead..." Derek exclaims.

Hotch releases himself from Derek's grip, letting out a heavy sob. Emily walks over to him in comfort, rubbing his shoulder.

My eyes fixate on my mom's dead body in the corner.

My eyes water, "Mom..." I mumble, dropping to my knees beside her, "Mom, please..." I begin, my voice shaky as my body trembles.

"Jules..." Derek begins, "Jules, she's dead."

I shake my head in disbelief, "She can't be..." I mumble, leaning my head on her chest, listening for a pulse.

Rossi nears me, "You're not gonna hear a heartbeat, kid." He states in a low tone.

I shake my head, "I can't lose her..." I begin, gripping her wrist, feeling for some sort of pulse.

"Jules..." Derek begins, touching my shoulder.

I push Derek away, causing him to bump into a bookshelf, "No! Get away from me! Get your hands off me! She's not dead! She can't be dead!" I exclaim, sobbing hysterically.

JJ, Reid, and Luke walk into the room, glancing at me.

"Please, mom... Wake up, please..." I mumble.

Hotch comes close to me, sitting beside me as he lets out a heavy sigh, "She's gone Annie. I'm sorry but she's gone." He states.

I nod - I know she's gone. I just- She can't leave me. She's supposed to help me with my wedding. How do you have a wedding without your mom!? You can't. You just... You can't.

I nod, letting out a sharp exhale.

Derek pulls me up, helping me off the ground.

"Wait!" I exclaim, turning on my heels and sitting beside my mom again.

I place my shaky hand over my mom's face, carefully closing her eyes.

I wipe my tears, "Goodbye Mom." I mumble, giving her a small kiss on the cheek.

Derek nears me again, "C'mon Jules... They have to get her body out of here." He states.

I nod, getting up off the ground. I brush past the other concerned team members, quickly walking downstairs, heading straight for the office.

Hotch opens the chest as I enter the office. Both of us smile in relief as we see Jack lying down in there, unharmed and untouched.

Jack glances at Hotch, "I worked the case daddy, just like you said." He states.

I smile softly, wiping my tears, "You did, buddy! You worked the case!" I state.

Hotch nods as he glances up at me and then back to Jack, "You did buddy, and I am so beyond proud of you." He states, smiling softly.

Thank God Foyet didn't touch him...

•••

My body trembles as Derek walks over to the passenger side of the car. I smile softly as he opens the door. I flatten out my black dress, stepping out of the car. I let in a sharp exhale as Derek grabs Darnell from the backseat.

Derek's hand laces with mine, Darnell in his other hand. We walk slowly to the chapel, meeting the rest of the team.

"You all ready?" Rossi asks.

I look up at him, "I don't think I ever will be...but I have to be ready for this." I state.

Hotch nods in understanding as I glance at him and then to Jack.

The funeral feels like it's been going on for ten years, my body trembling the entire time. As the funeral comes to an end, Hotch turns to me, Derek, and the rest of the team.

He glances to us, "Can you guys give us a minute?" He asks, gesturing towards Jack and I.

Everyone nods, patting him on the back and giving me a comforting hug.

Hotch gestures closer to me as we near the casket. My body trembles as I follow after Hotch and Jack.

Hotch wraps his arm around me, giving me a comforting hug - this is one of the small amount of times that my dad will ever give me a hug.

After I release myself from the hug, Hotch grabs Jack, lifting him up to level him out with the casket.

He glances at me and then back to Jack, his eyes watering, "Jack, buddy, blow mommy a kiss." He states, letting out a sob.

I can't help but blow a kiss goodbye along with Hotch and Jack.

I let out a sob, placing a white flower on top of the casket as Jack and Hotch do the same.

"Goodbye Mommy. I'll miss you." Jack mumbles.

I let out a sharp exhale as Hotch glances at me, "Can you guys give me a minute?" I ask.

Hotch nods, taking a couple of steps back.

I let out a sharp exhale, nearing the casket carefully, placing my hand on the edge, "I can't believe this is our goodbye. I really thought that you would continue to be my crazy wedding planner. I can't believe you're leaving me. I miss you already. And uh- I love you. I know I didn't say that a lot, and I always gave you a lot of attitude, but I do...I love you. Although it'll be hard, I'll continue living life and make you proud. I love you and I'll miss you more and more everyday. Goodbye, Mom." I sob, my body trembling as I drop my hand off the casket, bringing it back to my side.

This is it... She's gone. My mom is gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------
author's note:
hi everyone. i hope you all enjoy this chapter. i'm sorry it took so long for me to update - i was struggling mentally & my best friend went missing so i was more focused on finding her over writing. she is home safe now though, so i'm okay! i would like to thank you all for 5.7k reads! i appreciate all the love and support! you all deserve the world! i love you all deeply from the bottom of my heart! <3
------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158K 3K 39
On her 29th birthday, Eliza Carlisle meets one SSA Aaron Hotchner. The catch? Eliza happens to be Emily Prentiss' beautiful, rich, learned younger si...
53.3K 900 20
AARON HOTCHNER X READER ❝no, you have to hold on a little longer. please, you're all I have left❞ © written by casanovaa2 started- september 23, 202...
45.1K 1.2K 35
𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙖 𝙢𝙪𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙧. 𝘼𝙣 𝙖𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙩. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙤 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣�...
1.9K 47 7
"if it rises fast, it can't last." Labyrinth, Taylor Swift. Aaron Hotchner never believed in love at first sight; not even when he met Hailey, even i...