once we met | derek morgan. ✓

By MatthewGrayGoobles

derek morgan fanfiction. julianna mae hotchner, the daughter of ssa aaron hotchner, starts her first day as a... More

prologue!
1 : first day
2 : coffee order
3 : feelings
4 : the bar
5 : divorce
6 : road trips
7 : the cemetery
8 : history
9 : the arrest.
10 : escape.
11 : jealousy.
12 : explanations.
13 : honesty.
14 : arguments.
15 : elle.
16 : texas.
17 : hospital.
18 : dinner party
19 : morning sickness.
20 : reactions.
21 : decisions.
22 : pain.
23 : anesthesia.
24 : bottoming out
25 : speechless.
26 : interruptions
27 : cell phone.
28 : lucky charm bracelet.
29 : move in
30 : anniversary
31 : marry me?
32 : new york.
34 : together.
35 : target.
36 : aftermath.
37 : thanksgiving.
38 : torture
39 : take on the world.
40 : christmas.
epilogue!
announcement!

33 : explosions.

3.8K 60 11
By MatthewGrayGoobles

j u l e s .

I follow Derek outside, closing the glass police department doors behind me.

"What's up?" I ask in a low tone, crossing my arms slowly.

Derek looks down at me, "I'm sorry..." He mumbles, running his thumb along my cheek, "I'm really sorry. I don't know why I thought you cheated on me." He states.

I giggle, "I would never cheat on you. I have three reasons why I would never, ever, ever cheat on you..." I states, looking up at him.

Derek smile softly, "And what's that?" He asks in a low, soft tone.

I shiver at the cool breeze, "First of all, I made a pinky promise that I would love you forever, and I never break pinky promises. Second of all, I'm wearing a ring on my finger that resembles how much I love you. Hell, Derek, I agreed to marry you. And lastly, I'm carrying your child." I states.

Derek looks down at me, his eyes longing as they meet mine. He hold my gaze for a moment, my heart beating rapidly as his hands cup my cheek as he leans in, kissing me heavily.

Every time I kiss Derek, it's like it's my first kiss with him all over again - the type of kiss that's just perfect. The type of kiss you never want to stop.

Emily chuckles while walking by, "Get a room." She states as Derek breaks the kiss.

I stumble backwards a bit, wiping my lips as I smile softly, blushing like crazy as my cheeks turn a rosy red.

"I-I-" I begin stumbling over my words.

Derek chuckles, shaking his head, "I love you." He whispers, smiling softly as I nod.

"I love you." I whisper as he pulls me into a tight hug.

•••

Derek and I walk back inside, Hotch looking at us both sternly.

"Where's Uncle Sean?" I ask in a low tone.

Hotch looks at me, "I sent him home. You can visit him when you're done with work. You have work to do and he's a distraction." He states in a stern tone.

I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"Don't give me attitude." Hotch states in a firm tone.

I chuckle, "Or what? You'll ground me? I'm not six years old anymore, dad." I state in a slightly mocking tone.

"That is enough Agent Hotchner." Hotch states in a low, firm tone.

I roll my eyes but not in understanding, not wanting to drag anymore attention to myself. I really cannot take all of this stress right now.

Derek chuckles at I basically toss myself in a chair at the table, scoffing. We're literally getting no where with this case and it's stressing me and my baby out.

I groan, wincing at the pain in my lower stomach. The stomach pains appear every few minutes, and it drives me insane.

Is this what contractions feel like? God, I sure hope not... I cannot have this baby now.

I wince in pain as Hotch walks into the room, "Morgan, go to the CCTV with Annie and Garcia. Prentiss and JJ, go to the hospital and talk to the victims with the detectives. Rossi, stay here with Reid." Hotch instructs.

The team dissembles as I glance at Derek. His eyes meet mine and I nod before he gets up, following after Hotch and leaving the police department.

•••

d e r e k .

I follow Hotch out the doors of the police department.

Hotch stops in his tracks, glancing over to me, "What are you doing?" He asks as I climb into the driver's seat of the SUV.

I chuckle, "I'm your ride." I state.

Hotch's brow furrows in confusion as he slips into the SUV, "I thought Agent Davis was driving me." He states in a low tone.

I nod, "She was. I had her re-assigned." I state, chuckling light-heartedly.

Hotch scoffs, shaking his head, "Don't you have something better to do?" He asks.

I chuckle, "Than to annoy you for three hours? Hell no." I state in a joking tone as I start the car, pulling out of the police department parking lot.

•••

j u l e s .
--time lapse : two hours later--

I wince in pain as Garcia and I walk into the CCTV.

Garcia glances at me, "Oh sugar, Are you okay?" She asks in a comforting, whispered tone.

I nod, "Yeah. This baby is just kicking a lot." I state, shaking my head in denial.

The TV at the entrance begins to blare.

The voice of a news reporter echoes through the room, "According to Local Authorities, it is just in. There was an explosion near federal bank. We don't have much detail, but we will have more detail soon."

I shake my head, "Oh gosh, I hope everyone involved in the explosion is alright." I mumble as Garcia nods in agreement.

Garcia's phone begins to ring suddenly as she picks it up quickly.

Garcia puts the phone on speaker for me to hear, "Agent Rossi? We heard there was some kind of explosion." She states.

Rossi mumbles over the phone, "Where are you?" He asks in a concerned tone.

Garcia looks at me as her brow furrows, "I just walked into the CCTV command post with Annie. Why?" She asks.

Rossi mumbles again, "Can you see anything?" She asks.

I glance at Garcia, "We literally just walked through the door, sir." I state in a stern tone.

Rossi mumbles again, "We got on the news it was an SUV that exploded. A black SUV within blocks of the Federal Plaza." He states in a low, concerned tone.

My stomach drops to the pit of my stomach.

Derek... My dad... They're both riding in a black SUV. Oh God. This cannot be happening.

Garcia's eyes water as she pulls out her laptop, tapping rapidly on the keyboard as she searches for live feed, "Oh, God." She mumbles in a low, panicked tone.

Rossi clears his throat, "Now, do you have eyes there?" He asks.

Garcia nods, "I, uh... yeah. Yeah, I've got like three hundred cameras right there. Give me a sec." She states, tapping at the keyboard quickly.

"I'm here with Reid, but I don't know where anyone else is. And Garcia?" Rossi states.

Okay... Rossi and Reid are okay. What about the rest of them? I think to myself, wincing in pain as I clutch my stomach.

"Yes, sir?" Garcia asks.

"Find them." Rossi states in a low tone.

Garcia glances to me and nods, "You got it, sir. Annie and I will get to you as soon as we have any details on what is going on." She states, hanging up the phone.

I let out a sharp exhale, taking a seat.

I really cannot handle this stress. Not right now. Please God, let them be okay.

•••

Garcia dials Emily first, who answers almost immediately.

"This is Prentiss." Emily states.

"Oh thank God!" Garcia exclaims in relief.

I nod, wiping under my eyes, "Hey Emily, Is JJ with you?" I ask in a low, concerned tone.

Emily mumbles, "Yeah, Jayge is with me. Why do you ask?" She asks.

Garcia lets out a painful sigh as I glance at her, "A black SUV exploded..." I state as JJ and Emily gasp.

"Is everyone okay?" JJ asks in a low tone.

I glance at Garcia, "Reid and Rossi are together and okay. You two are okay, thankfully. Garcia and I made it to CCTV safely before finding out about the explosion." I state in a low tone.

Emily mumbles something to JJ, "What about Morgan and Hotch?" She asks in a low, concerned tone.

I choke on my words. I'm unable to say anything, unable to breathe. I don't know what to do.

I refuse to believe that my dad and fiancé are dead or wounded or bleeding out somewhere in the middle of nowhere - they can't be.

"I-I-" I begin stumbling over my words.

Garcia glances at me, "We don't know if they're okay yet." She states in a low tone.

Emily and JJ have an indistinct conversation before Emily clears her throat, "Let us know if you get any updates, please." She states, choking a bit on her words.

"You got it, Em. Bye Jayge." Garcia states, hanging up the phone immediately.

She dials Hotch's number next, the line ringing twice before chiming as the line picks up.

"Dad?" I ask, my voice shaky.

"Annie..." Hotch begins, "I'm okay." He states.

"Were you-" I begin.

"Involved in the explosion?" He asks rhetorically, "Yeah, I was. But I'm okay."

"And..." I pause, "Derek?" I ask in a low tone, my voice shaky as tears fill my eyes.

Hotch clears his throat, "He left. He took a nearby ambulance and left before the explosion. I-I don't know if he's okay or where he is." He states, his voice shaky.

Garcia's phone begins ringing.

She pauses as she answers the phone, "Hey Rossi. Hey Reid. I'm gonna ping you into the call with Hotch, Annie, and I." She states.

"Okay, what do you got?" Garcia asks.

Reid clears his throat, "Uh- W-We believe the next target is an ambulance." He states.

My stomach drops as a lump grows in my throat.

No...no...no...this cannot be happening. Please. This cannot be happening. No.

I wince as tears roll down my cheeks. I clutch my stomach and chest in pain. Heartburn grows in my chest, and what feels like contractions come closer together.

"Call Derek..." I state as Garcia ignores me to talk to Rossi, Reid, and Hotch.

"Hm?" She asks in a mumbled tone.

I groan in pain, collapsing in a chair, "Call Derek!" I exclaim as Garcia nods rapidly.

The line rings three times, the call getting ignored.

No... Please no...

"Call again." I state sternly.

Garcia nods, dialing Derek's phone again.

No answer. Damn it!

"Call again!" I exclaim, hitting the call button on Garcia's phone.

The phone rings twice before getting picked up again.

Oh Thank God! He answered!

Garcia glances to me, "Morgan?" She asks.

The other line goes silent. Damn it. What the hell is going on? Why isn't he fucking talking?

My eyes water, "Derek?" I ask, my voice shaky and low.

Derek groans, "Yeah, baby?" He asks, his voice stressed and panicked.

I glance at Garcia, tears rolling down my cheeks, "You sound stressed..." I mumble.

Morgan lets out a wry chuckle, "Do I?" He asks in a low tone.

Garcia glances at me, "Where are you?" She asks as I nod.

Derek lets out another wry chuckle, "Not where I want to be right now." He states.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"There's- uh- there's a bomb in the back of this ambulance." He states in a low tone.

My heart drops as I heart him say that line. The line rings through my mind - there's a bomb in the back of this ambulance.

"Derek..." I begin in a shaky tone.

"Yeah, baby?" He asks.

"Get the hell out of there." I state in a stern tone, trying to show no hurt and fear.

Derek clears his throat, "I can't..." He begins.

"Yes you can!" I exclaim in worry.

He clears his throat, ignoring me, "There's something I really want you both to know."

Garcia glances at me as we both shake our heads in unison, "Save it. Just get out." She states in a stern tone.

"No, no, no. I'm not quite there yet." Derek states in a shaky tone.

A lump grows in my throat as my entire body trembles.

"Morgan..." Garcia begins.

"Derek, please..." I mumble, my voice shaky as tears roll down my cheeks.

"Just listen to me." He states.

"Derek, please." Garcia and I plead in unison as worry fills the both of our tones.

"You know what you both are?" Derek asks in a shaky tone.

"Morgan!" Garcia exclaims.

[ambulance explodes]

------------------------------------------------------------------

author's note:
ahhh the beautiful cliffhanger... this chapter is based on season four, episode one of criminal minds! anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! also, thank you all so, so, so much for 3.25k reads! i am so beyond thankful for each and every single on you. i appreciate all the support you all have been giving me. you all mean the absolute world to me. i love you all deeply from the bottom of my heart! <3

------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 2.7K 40
| Currently being re-written | Y/n has been at the BAU for five year, she's comfortable with whole team. But shes closer around Agent Hotchner. She b...
165K 3K 25
aaron hotchner fanfiction. y/n l/n won't let sickness stand in her way. she has decided to start as a profiler at the behavioral analysis...not knowi...
59.6K 1K 19
spencer reid fan fiction. spencer reid meets a girl, who is the complete opposite of him. but also, exactly like him. gianna beckett, seems to have s...
442K 11K 35
"Dating? Do you mean dating us both at the same time?" "I mean, it isn't the worst idea..." In which y/n is faced with a choice she's not quite ready...