Remnant's Favorite Spartan (N...

By nobleT45

Noble 6 was one of only two Spartans ever designated as 'Hyper Lethal.' Everyone thought he died on Reach, bu... More

Chapter 1: Lone Wolf
Chapter 2: Initiation
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: A Spartan's Honor
Chapter 5: The Grim Reaper
Part 6: Encounter
Chapter 7: Forever Falling
Chapter 8: Carter
Chapter 9: Unofficial Business
Chapter 10: Warthog Run
Chapter 11: Plans in Action
Chapter 12: Reha 'Sagam
Chapter 13: The Whole Gang
Chapter 14: Tell me Muse...
Chapter 15: Grifball
School is a Bitch
Chapter 16: More Missions?
Chapter 17: Your AI Assistant, Gavin
Another Author's Note
Chapter 18: Down to Business
Chapter 19: The Kinda Big Decision
Votes!
Chapter 20: Wanna Tango?
Chapter 21: Reverse Invasion
Some Thoughts on RvB: Zero (Spoilers)
Plans For The Rest of This Book
Chapter 22: Rescue!
Chapter 23: No Rest, Just Action
Chapter 24: To No One's Surprise
Chapter 25: The Bastards
Why
Chapter 27: To a Pulp
Chapter 28: Overpowering Force
Chapter 29: The Beginning...

Chapter 26: Big Bad Guys That Are Bad

841 14 15
By nobleT45

You know, I'm stunned. This book has kinda gotten pretty popular, I mean, at the time of writing this note, the book is at 5.5K views. Why? Just why?

"Hey, 1!" I shout through the warehouse. He walks out of Cat's workplace. 

"Broke him?" 

"Yup. He's fully willing to give us some juicy information about the White Fang."

"Good. We need to find and torch those Covenant weapons."

"W-What?! C-Covenant?!" Jake said, confused. I groan. 

"Those cool weapons that shoot plasma and needles?" I explain.

"Yeah, those experimental Atlesian weapons we stole! Is Covenant the company that invented them or something?" So their real nature was kept secret, even inside the White Fang. 

"Yeah, exactly." Carter goes with it. 

"I don't know where they keep those." 

"Well, I want to know where Adam Taurus is, not that. He'll point us in the right direction, after we have some fun." 

"A-And what about me?" 

"Well... you should go and get out of here. Out of Vale, preferably."

"J-Just run?! I can't!" 

"Your spine is in one piece, I don't see why you can't."

"It's a thing of pride! I can't leave-" Emile comes up from behind Jake, and he falls silent. Jake slowly backs away, making a mad dash to the door out. 

"Well that solves that."

"You do realize we never got anything out of him, right?" Cat said. The three of us look at each other, then the ground. 

"I got him..." I start walking away.

An hour later

"For a scrawny guy, Jenny here is pretty fast." 

"MY NAME IS JAKE!!" 

"Do you want 4 to carve your name into your skull so you remember?!" I throw him onto the ground, and he remains silent. I kneel down to him. "Okay, we kinda let you go prematurely. So, just point out where Adam is on a map, and we'll have zero problems." Carter walks over with a large paper map, rolling it out in front of Jake. He grabs a pen from Carter's hand and draws a small circle immediately. He hands it back to Carter.

"That's at least a day long drive." He said, sighing.

"I guess that's all we need from you. Now, scram." He gets up and runs. I shout after him. "I won't come and get you again!" Carter gives me the map, and I look it over. "Hm. When should we head out?" 

"ASAP, I guess." He shrugs. Cat lets out a loud, frustrating shout. The three of us slowly slink away, trying to escape. 

"HOW HAS THIS GOTTEN WORSE?!" She shouts. Carter musters some courage and walk over to her. 

"What's happening?"

"The virus somehow got more advanced! It's like whenever I try to decode it, it changes and kicks me out of the system!" 

"That's awfully advanced." 

"You say?!" She gets clicking away again, and Carter comes back over to us. 

"We need a new source of coms."

"Or... we could just find whoever is doing this and give his neck a new found flexibility." 

"Perhaps that's our best choice." Carter said, grabbing his helmet from the table. Jun slides down the ladder to the roof, Jorge looks up from cleaning his gun. The five of us boys meet up in a large center table, and Reha comes down from the roof to join us. Cat continues to work on the coms.

"Okay, we have a mission here. Hunt down and eliminate the threat of the hacker." I say. Carter takes over.

"First, we need to find out where he or she is." Carter goes on. "How... I honestly have no clue." He looks down. We look around the table, and nobody has any idea. "Okay... I think the first thing to do is gather information on potential suspects."

"Ah yeah, it's crime fighting time!" Emile said, pumping his fist.

"Just like that drug we found on that first live streamed mission that totally went somewhere and wasn't filler at all!" I say.

"And how that drug just faded from existence because the author forgot about it, so cool!" Carter goes on. We all look at each other, confused at what we just said. 

"So... how about we just start hunting..." Reha brings us back to reality. I point at him.

"Good idea." 

"One more thing." Carter said, keeping us from leaving yet. "It's in matters to Reha." 

"Oh?" Reha straightens up. 

"I say we give him a callsign." 

"You're saying we take the Covey and call him Noble 7?!" Emile stands up, smashing the table. "No way in Hell does he deserve that!" 

"Emile!" I shout back.

"Oh you're all buddy-buddy with the alien that assisted with the invasion of Reach! That was our home!" 

"It was war! As much as I hate to say it, it was his order to do so! He carried out orders, just like us!" Emile walks over to me and grabs me.

"You're comparing me to these beasts?!"

"Yes! Yes I am!" He throws me to the ground. 

"It makes me sick to the stomach that you'd EVER put us on equal level with them." He walks off. We all look to each other. We all just kinda shrug and continue talking. 

"6, go talk to Ozpin. Reha... just go with him I guess and be stealthy." Carter orders.

"As per usual." I say, getting up with Reha's help. "Well, let's get to it." We get into the warthog and drive off, Reha cloaking up. It's an uneventful drive honestly, just me and him talking about what happened with Emile. He's never blown up like that at me, or even at Reha. I shake the thought for now as we pull up to the airports, walking and sneaking onto the ship. I open my scroll and see it's a video call Ruby. I open it up, and her camera is off. 

"Uh... hey?" She stays silent, but I can hear a fan going in the background, and her... sniffling? "Ruby? Whats wrong? Is Yang there?" 

"Um... yeah..." Yang finally speaks up. Reha comes out from the cargo bay, taking the seat right next to me as she speaks. 

"Did something happen?" I say, straightening up.

"We... we thought she was dead..." Yang said. 

"Did something happen to Summer?!" 

"No... no. We just wanted to thank you, 6."

"So why is your camera off?"

"Because we're both crying messes." The to laugh through silent sobs. I smile, albeit under the helmet. 

"Yeah, no need to turn it on then." I laugh with them, but Reha slumps in his seat after I agree with the two. What's up with him? "Well, the airbus is just landing, and I gotta talk to Ozpin." I say, and they end the call without a goodbye. I turn to Reha, whose just gone. I shrug and the ship lands, the two off us getting off. The campus is empty, so Reha can safely uncloak and walk freely. We reach the elevator and head up. "So, what was all that?" 

"What was what?" 

"I mention Yang, and you speed over. She can't turn her camera on, and you slump. What's up with you and Yang?"

"N-Nothing." 

"Wait a minute... you just stuttered! You never stutter!"

"I t-think you over e-estimate my speaking ability." 

"Please! You always speak in a stoic, slightly poetic way! That's never included stuttering!" 

"Your human language is not my first language." 

"You know what... I see what's going on here..." 

Ozpin PoV

I'm rushing around my office, looking for the notebook filled with questions I had for Reha, but I can't find it for the life of me. The elevator is about to reach my floor, so I quickly sit down in my desk, folding my hands. The doors open.

"IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY I DO NOT HAVE A "CRUSH" ON XIAO LONG!!" Reha immediately shouts.

"Then why are you getting so defensive, huh?!" 

"Because you are wrong, human!" 

"Ha! You-" 

"Hello, gentlemen." I finally cut them off. I decide not to think about an alien being in love with one of my students. 

Back to Noble 6

"Ozpin, we got an issue." I get to the chase. 

"Please, speak." 

"Someone hacked us. Now, we don't-" 

"His name is Watts. He's brilliant, but horribly misguided." 

"Okay we literally gave you zero information." 

"I've had the privilege to speak with Cat a few times. The only person I can think of that could and would do such a thing is Watts." 

"Well... do you know where we can find him?"

"No."

"Well fantastic have a nice day." I turn around, and I can feel him give me a weird look.

"That's it?"

"I mean... yeah? I didn't come for anything else." 

"Do you mind if I borrow Reha for a bit?" I turn back around, and Reha is slowly shaking his head.

"Sure, I don't care." I walk to the elevator before Reha can protest. After the long ride down, from the elevator and airbus, I hop in the warthog. I get a call from Carter. "Yeah?" 

"Big problem!" He said. I can hear gunfire. 

"Be over soon!" I hang up and track Carter on the hud. I floor it, tearing out of the lot. I'm weaving in between traffic, getting plenty of people honking at me. I should really get some siren or something. I see I'm getting close, and it's in the warehouse that we found Jake in. I turn the music on. 

Carter PoV

Three new people, two women and a boy, have me and Cat surrounded, back to back. The boy in gray is blitzing me with a flurry of kicks, so I punch straight through one of his kicks, the shot coming from his ankle shattering my shields. The boy goes flying, however. The women in a dress is just hurling fire at us from a distance, being more of a nuisance than a real threat. I turn and see the gray one is behind me somehow, so I punch him in the gut. 

"The hell was that?!" Cat said, her shields broken to. Wait... what?" 

"But... I..." the girl in green is swinging her weapons from a long chain, not allowing us to retaliate, minus the occasional shot from our sidearms. The boy charges when I have my back turned, but a bullet hits him in the shoulder.

"I got your back." Jun said. "Now then... hey! Who are- dammit!" Another shot rings out over coms. Great, he's engaged to, taking out over watch. The wall next to us is broken by Jorge dragging some guy the same size as him through it, and he continues to drag him. Emile is off a ways, trading blows with some guy with a scorpion tail. 

"C'mon! That's all ya got!" 4 taunts, but it doesn't faze the psychotic look on his opponents face, continuing to laugh as he presses an advantage he gained. I can hear some heavy guitar in the distance outside, and the two younger ones look up to check it out. The guitar is slowly getting louder and louder, and soon the warthog bursts through the wall, the lyrics coming in with it.

"I AM THE STORM THAT IS APPROOOOOAAACHING!!" Oh... of course. 6 jumps out, the momentum carrying him through the air as he slams into the one in gray. They roll off, the girl in green going to help. 6 stands up over an unconscious boy. 

"Now I'm motivated!" He said, drawing MES. I face palm at my brother's antics. My disappointment is cut off by more fire, as I pull my assault rifle and start shooting. 

Noble 6 PoV

I point to Emerald, walking at her. 

"Looks like your the winner!" She readies her weapons, ready for a fight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 34 17
After dying, Y/N is given one last chance by the gods and comes back to life in a new body, and without the ability to summon a Persona, or so he thi...
98.4K 1.2K 11
You're a fan of RWBY but unfortunately, so is this guy who bullies you. One day, an inexpiable accident in the space time continuum leaves god with n...
79.3K 1.6K 57
Clyde has just barely recovered from the loss of his friends when he is moved to Beacon, the prestigious school that trains huntsman/tresses. But why...
25.3K 499 8
(THE REMAKE).....Depicted as a assassin of death, a harbinger of things to come. But they call me y/n, a former student of beacon academy. Wanting to...