CODE 13430 | MYG

By cyphoric

❝Fucking rearrange it, Yoongi! I swear we'll get some new shit!❞ That same number... 𝟭𝟯𝟰𝟯𝟬 Another murde... More

D I S C L A I M E R
P R O L O G U E
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷| You aren't free
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸| Still orbiting you
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹| This is all for you
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟺| Mysteries of untold words
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟻| My misunderstood words
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟼| In the depth of darkness
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟽| Sending you...
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟾| The days will be over
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟿| Never leave me alone!
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟢| Our goodbye is colourless
I N T E R L O G U E
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟷| He violated what?!
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟸| It's in their hands
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟹| Going with the Plan
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟺| Just a number...?!
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟻| Come back from unseen
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟼| Just a color change
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟽| Impossible facade
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟾| Darkness is the stalker
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟷𝟿| Life is a joke
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟢| Like a shadow
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟷| DΓ©jΓ  vu & untold truths
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟸| Cold war
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟹| Is he really Haneul?
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟺| The postmortem report
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟻| Step in the forbidden
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟼| Hidden in the Forbidden
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟽| To make things right
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟾| Puzzles and Theories
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹𝟢| In search of the Dentist
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹𝟷| A long night
ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟹𝟸| The brewing storm

ΖŽα—‘OΖ† 𝟸𝟿| He's not Him

76 4 17
By cyphoric

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

| 𝟶𝟾.𝟶𝟼.𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶 |

| 𝚂𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚕; 𝟷𝟶:𝟷𝟻:𝟷𝟶 𝙰𝙼 |

Its Monday, means a working day at CODE, but Yoongi was sitting in a cafeteria right now and waiting for Henry to arrive. His attire, expression and gestures everything looks different than usual.

Just that normal guy from his college years.

Yoongi took a sip of his Latte while checking the time in his phone.

The cafe's door got pushed and the bell ringed for the 10th time since Yoongi arrived, and there came in Henry. He looked so young, Yoongi could hardly tell he's going to be next Chairman of Kim&Chang Company. 

"I'm sorry, I got late due to traffic-"

Yoongi waved off with a smile and said, "Its okay. Please take your seat."

He sat down and ordered an Americano for himself. "So...", he looked around and made sure no one's watching them, when Yoongi signed with a nod to go on. "Before I start with anything, I want to give you this one."

He pushed a pendrive to his direction slowly. Yoongi raised an eyebrow throwing a look at it and then at him.

"This holds all the proofs on what information I'm going to give you."

Yoongi nodded and hid the pendrive inside his jacket pocket quickly as he saw the waitress, who came and served his coffee. Henry thanked her and she bowed with a smile before leaving.

He continued.

"We still didn't get any information about my father's death, so I had called CODE's chairman and came to know that it was a murder, and ya'll are suspecting Dr. Hong for it."

Yoongi took another sip of his coffee and said, "Well then, I guess you also know the reasons, why we're suspecting him?"

"Yeah and that's why I want to say that Dr. Hong cant do something like that. He might've embezzled on some, but as a human he was a good person. He could never kill someone for anything." Henry calmed himself and took a sip of his Americano.

Yoongi was examining his expressions, which implied he wasn't lying to him.

He continued, "Look, Dr. Hong's wife was my Mom's friend and that's how me and my Mom knew them. I got my brace treatment from him as well, but the thing is my Dad saw him just once before this happened and they didn't had much interaction at that time. My Dad used to stay overseas most of the time and by the time he came back here permanently, Dr. Hong already settled in Busan with his family. But his wife, who was his only family, also died due to Leukemia and as much as I know he didn't come back here in Seoul after that."

"Wait- you mean, he has been there in Busan all this time? And he didn't even come here to treat your father?"

Henry nodded and answered, "Exactly. And the one who treated my Dad isn't the real Dr. Hong. Its someone else." He signed at the pendrive and continued, "That pendrive has the CCTV footage of my Dad's office when the fake Dr. Hong came to see him first. And there's a footage of real Dr. Hong from the hospital he used to work in. I dunno why, I felt like you'll get some clue from these. Even if he looks exactly the same, his voice, his characteristics is totally different! He doesn't resemble Dr. Hong from any angle, except for the face."

"If that's the case, then there must be a connection between that person and real Dr. Hong. Though I'll first have to go through the footages and then declare if you're wrong or right. But do you perhaps, know the one you're calling fake? If he was a family friend, then you might know if he had any twin brother or anything...?" Yoongi asked.

"Not at all. Never saw him before, neither heard of him having a twin. And he kinda looked much younger than Dr. Hong should be now from certain angles. He looked just few years older from me despite his face. I'm spitting odd things maybe, but I just don't have the correct words to explain the difference I saw. You'll know once you check the footages." Henry spilled in daze as the person flashed in his mind. "I dunno how Dad didn't even suspect him once. His facade was noticeable!"

"Maybe its believe. He believed the one who told him about Dr. Hong." Henry got confused at this statement and was about to ask something. But Yoongi didn't let him and asked, "You said he never got to interact with him properly before, then who recommended Dr. Hong to him? Your Mom is dead so no chance then who? You?"

"No, not me. He didn't even told me about his tooth treatment at all! We had a fight before I left for Canberra and from then things went bitter between us. I called him few times this year but he never told me about his tooth problem or anything. And this seems weird, that how he found Dr. Hong when he wasn't here, which basically led me to dig all these out."

Yoongi sighed and said, "I see. Do you perhaps have real Dr. Hong's phone number and his addresses of both Seoul and Busan? Also any picture of him?"

Henry nodded excitedly, "Yes, I've his phone number and I tried to call but its saying its not a registered number. And I know his Seoul address only, he never contacted us after he left Seoul." He took out a small piece of paper and handed it to him, "Everything is written here. I almost forgot to give you this one. But I don't have any picture of him, I think you should check this address, you might find one."

"Alright", Yoongi stood up, Henry followed him. "Thank you so much for the help, Henry." Yoongi extended his hand for a shake and he gladly took it.

"No, it was an honour for me to be of your help. And I'm staying here for a while. If you need any assistance from me for the case, just ring me up." He smiled.

Yoongi smiled back and said, "We might need your assistance more, so I'll ask you to stay here for more than just a while and take care. We still don't know who's the killer and who's his next target, so be careful."

He nodded smiling, "Sure I'll."

They came out of the cafeteria separately after paying for the coffees separately. And became intruders soon after.

»«»«»«»«»«

Haneul left early. He's busy in arranging stuffs to clean and refurnish the place where he's going to start his dental clinic.

That's what he told her last night.

However it has became hard for her to digest his words nowadays and yesterday's experience was a good example to start with. After she came back home yesterday, she tried to find things related to Dr. Hong in Haneul's room but found nothing.

But why's she searching for Dr. Hong? The only reason- Haneul. Somewhere she feels its not her brother, even if he's, Haneul is hiding something from her which she's curious to know. And she knows that Dr. Hong is the only person who can tell her what he's hiding from her.

She unpacked few of the remaining packages of their furniture and went out. She didn't know where to go or where to find him, but somehow found herself in front of the local Police Station.

What am I doing here? I dunno what really happened to him and what if he's in Busan! Lets go back Haeun!

She turned to go back from there but stopped on her tracks.

What if they can help me to find about his whereabouts? Lets just go and see.

Haeun finally went inside and headed towards where an officer was taking down charges of one party. She waited for them to finish.

"Yes, what problem you got to complain miss?"

She took a seat and said, "Actually I'm here to find someone's whereabouts."

"Yes, what?" He asked in confusion.

She straightened herself and said, "Well I'm looking for a person, who used to stay in Busan when I was there. I moved here yesterday cause I lost his contact since few weeks. He used to stay here earlier, so I thought he might be here but unfortunately he isn't. I need to contact him soon, its very urgent."

"I see...", he nodded. "Then what do you want me to help you with?"

"Well...can you please check if there's any death report or anything like that after his name? Here as well as in Busan?" She pleaded.

He sighed and said, "This is certainly not my part of work but I'll help you as much as I can. Please come with me."

"Thank you so much, sir!"

»«»«»«»«»«

| 𝟷𝟶:𝟻𝟶:𝟹𝟺 𝙰𝙼 |

Taehyung was highlighting all the important parts from the reports Namjoon had made for the next meeting cause he again got the demonstrator role.

But Namjoon was out of sight since morning. He was waiting in front of the main gate for someone but soon got tired and was coming back in his workplace.

"Oh-" The 'ding' sound of the incoming message distracted him and he quickly opened the phone to read it.

"Hey, V wassup-" Namjoon as usual called out his teammate as he noticed him, but stopped and kept staring at Taehyung in confusion. "What happened? Are you going somewhere?"

He packed all the gadgets he usually carries in his backpack and said, "Yes and not just me, you're also coming."

"But I just came in- Where though?"

"Suga hyung called us to a place just few seconds ago and I've messaged the rest in the gc. So go pack the things you always bring to an investigation site." And he left hurriedly without even letting Namjoon to ask more questions.

"I dunno where we're going but it better be a good place-"

"Namjoon, we aren't going for a trip- its a crime scene probably and you're thinking of a good place? Seriously you're just too soft hearted, hahaha", Youngdo laughed at his cuteness and dragged him along.

»«»«»«»«»«

"I dunno what he's thinking but this seriously is a waste of time!" Jin kept on cursing at Yoongi and his thoughts while being busy testing the things he got from him last night.

His phone rang for 12th time now and he swiped the screen and put it on speaker.

"What? What now?" He half-screamed.

"Sorry sir, but did you send some documents somewhere for national testing seals or something?"

He calmed himself and asked while pouring some ethidium bromide in the test-tube slowly, "Yes I did. So what's the issue?"

"They said they won't be able to send them by this week. That's it, sir."

He wanted to scream now. In one scene he saw some ethidium bromide got wasted as he tilted the bottle too much and on another scene he saw his boss blaming him for getting late to send those documents as proofs in court.

He put down the bottle and looked at his phone.

"Did you say anything to the caller?" He asked.

"No sir. Do you've any message for him? I'll send him right away if you've any."

He took a deep breathe and said, "Yeah I do. Tell him or her, that if I don't get the documents by Wednesday this week, I'll go there with a pan and spatula to FRY THAT FUCKER BY MYSELF! YOU GOT IT?"

"Ye-Yes sir." He ended the call swiftly before Jin could curse him for calling.

Jin was about to curse more but an old man's laughter switched off his raged mode. He turned back to find a person in wheel chair, laughing at him.

"Dad..."

He stopped laughing and said "Jin, you should really stop skipping office. Your department is literally clueless without you and your boss."

"Yeah then he should stop skipping office, right? Why always me, Dad?" He frowned and sat on his lab counter. "And you know what? Even if I skipped office today, its only for work and not even for a date or something this time."

He used his arm strength to move the wheels of the chair and come inside the room. "Hmm...I can surely see that, you are busy with it since last night. But what is it you're working on?"

"Well, its a confidential case, Dad. I don't think I can reveal it to you as yet."

"Its okay, Jin. I understand. But if its a confidential case and also related to CODE then why're you working on it here? Shouldn't you be working on it in CODE's lab only?" He asked in confusion.

Jin was waiting for this question and said, "Its because of Yoongi! He gave me all these while dropping me home yesterday and asked me to start testing immediately. So as i started the tests here already, I thought it would be a hassle to move all these things to another place again, so I just skipped office today to finish with the tests."

"Well, that's definitely a good decision my boy." He agreed and said, "Then I should get going and not disturb you anymore. And also don't forget to take your meals in time! Good luck."

Jin smiled and helped his Dad to turn the chair towards the exit of the room. "Let me take you back to your room-"

"No no, it ok. Do your work first, Yeolmoo will take me." He said and one middle aged person came and took his chair from his hand. "See told you! He's always keeping an eye on me, hahaha."

The man smiled at his statement and said to Jin, "You go son, I'll take care of him."

Jin nodded and saw them leaving. But all of a sudden he got reminded of something and called his father.

"Dad"

The man turned the wheel chair towards him and the father asked in confusion, "What happened? You want to say something?"

"Well, Dad- you said, you want me to join you in one of your friend's funeral, but then you didn't tell me when it is so...I thought to ask you so that I can ask for a ho-"

His father smiled and said, "You'll not have to do that, Jin. The funeral was few days ago and I've attended it with Yeolmoo."

He was embarrassed and awestruck at the same time. He never saw his father taking someone else with him to any invited place other than him.

"Ah...well I- I'm sorry that I didn't ask you-"

He signed Yeolmoo to bring the wheel chair near Jin again and said, "Its okay, Jin. I know you're busy and I didn't want to disturb you, so I asked him to go with me. Don't feel sorry that you couldn't go with me dear." He came a bit nearer and whispered, "And honestly, you wouldn't have enjoyed the scene with old people weeping for their old dude."

And Jin broke into laughter along with Yeolmoo and his father also joined them.

____________________

I'm sorry for that long ass paragraphs for the ones who don't like it (including me) T_T

We're slowly heading towards the main clues this way, but again- this ain't a movie so lemme just take some of your time and trap you guys into more mystery XD

- Nik

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494 108 15
What will happen when an innocent, clean-chit business man will get trapped into a crime case. To the worst the Commissioner having issues- personal...
38.4K 1.8K 29
Jeon's mother got killed by a psycho criminal when he was just 18 years old, a innocent bean. He promised himself that he will kill the murderer but...
380 53 4
"I will make sure that you will see this handsome face of mine for the first and the last time with your pretty eyes.." The killer said and gouged h...
14.3K 745 63
Mirror shows what stands before it but... It is not always true Remember not everything you see and feel is the TRUTH ----------------- He looked at...