James Potter and Ariella Malf...

By Slytherin_Love_

Ariella Malfoy and James Potter are complete opposites. They have hated each other since day one. He was a Gr... More

Before and Plans for Now
Train Rides and Little Brothers
Friends, Feasts, and Fiery Staredowns
Homework, Hard Head, and Hurtful Words
Slowly Breaking and Star Gazing
I'm Done, I'm So Done
Author's Note
Planning, Planning, and Flirting
IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Thoughts, Talks, and Boring Teachers

215 6 3
By Slytherin_Love_

        I always felt safe at Hogwarts. I always felt at home at Hogwarts. When I am at the Slytherin table, surrounded by my house mates, I feel like maybe I'm not alone. When I'm sitting in the green armchair in front of the fireplace, safe within the dungeon walls, I feel like nothing can get me. The one thing the green and silver sheets of my four poster bed can't protect me from is my mind, my own nightmares. Not even the dream catchers that hang above my head can keep away the bad dreams. When I'm flying above the crowds, chasing the golden snitch, the feel of my broom humming beneath me makes me feel invincible. When I grip my wand and cast a spell, nothing can touch me. 

        Then night falls. Everyone is happily asleep. The fires are reduced to hot coals. The dungeons are suddenly just that. Dungeons, confining, cold, and keeping me captive to myself. 

        Little hands grab at her, pulling her shorts, grabbing her shirt. Laughter mixes with screams. Water splashes, coughing follows, then nothing. Blue eyes turn grey. 

        Sobbing, tears, then silence, a cold silence. People dressed in black, women with veiled faces. Cold looks directed at a scared 14 year old. 

        The grey, wet boy, invisible to all but her looks blankly into her eyes. 

        Then she can't breathe. Water fills her lungs. She forgets how to swim. The last thing the girl hears before everything goes black , "Now you can watch me like you were supposed to. Forever." 

                                                        And I wake up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        After staring at the ceiling for three hours I finally start to get ready. After a quick shower I use a spell to dry and perfectly curl my dirty blonde hair. By now it's 6:45 and Camber and Aubrey are starting to wake up. I pull on a long sleeved violet shirt and some skinny jeans. Slipping into my favorite brown combat boots and Slytherin robes, I pin on my prefects badge, grab my grey messengers bag, and stuff my wand into my pocket.

        As soon as I reach the common room I want to turn around. Lounging across a love seat Alejandro twirls his wand between his fingers. Before I can get the chance to run he grabs his black string bag and stands up, heading straight towards me. 

        When he reaches me he throws an arm around my shoulders and asks, "Hey there Ari, walk with me to breakfast? Great!"

        With that he steers me towards the exit of the Common Room.

        "So my little snake, care to tell me what has been going through that pretty head of yours?", Alejandro gets right to the point. 

        "It's just my mom again Dro. She has been worse this summer and I don't know why.", which isn't a lie. 

        My mom really has been been worse. That's just not what has been distracting me. 

        Alejandro believes me and gives my shoulders a squeeze, "I'm sorry mi amar. Maybe I shouldn't have pushed you to tell me. I am glad you did though. And you know that you can always come stay with me. Mi madre loves you! She wouldn't mind!"

        "I know Dro.", I sigh, "Maybe I will come next summer. Or maybe even for Christmas!"

        That made us both happy and he laughed as we entered the Great Hall. 

        "Mi mama and I will show you a real mexicano navidad! You won't know what hit you!"

        I laughed with him as we took our seats. 

        "Do you know the other prefect for Slytherin is yet?", he asked. 

        "Yeah, his name is Zak Myers, a seventh year.", I answered. 

        "Oh yeah, I know who he is. He's an arrogant player. Be careful around him okay?"

        I smirked, "I know how to handle myself Dro. But yeah, if it will make you feel better then, I promise to look out for myself. Happy?"

        "Very. Thank you amar"

        By that point the hall was filling up fast so we cut the chit chat and ate our breakfast. 

        "Miss Malfoy, your time table.", Head Mistress McGonagal said. 

        "Thank you Miss. Have a good summer I hope?", I smiled at the old woman politely. 

        "It was. Thank you Miss Malfoy. I hope you have a great year. Remember my door is always open.", she smiled and continued passing out time tables. 

        My dad said she has been doing it since she taught Transfiguration when he was here. I suppose she just likes doing it. I quickly looked at my times table for this term. 

        Transfiguration                                    with Gryffindor                           8:00 - 9:00

        Potions                                                with  Gryffindor                          9:05 - 10:00 

        Potions                                                 with Gryffindor                          10:05 - 11:00 

        Charms                                                with Ravenclaw                         11:05 - 12:00

        Lunch                                                                                                     12:05 - 13:00

        DADA                                                 with Gryffindor                             13:10 - 14:00 

        Herbology                                           with Hufflepuff                             14:05 - 15:00

        Dinner                                                                                                     18:00 - 19:30 

        Astronomy                                                                                               11:30 - 12:00 

        My table was ripped out of my hands. 

        " We all have the last classes together except for Astronomy. Seriously Ari? Astronomy? Why waste sleep to look at meaningless stars?", Camber asked. 

        I just rolled my eyes and shoved my schedule in my bag. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mi amar - my love

mi madre - my mother 

mi mama - my mom

mexicano navidad - mexican christmas 

amar - love

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Watching Professor Ding talk about what we would be doing this year I couldn't help my wandering thoughts. 

        First I thought about my dream last night. It was a reoccurring nightmare I have been having for a year now. It is about my deepest darkest secret that not even Alejandro knows about. Only my parents and Scorp know what happened that day.

        Second I thought about Alejandro's offer. I plan on asking my dad about staying with Alejandro and his mom for Christmas. Mama Juarez has always been such a sweet lady, it would be an amazing holiday. 

        Then I thought about my prefect duties and who I'm going to be paired with to do the rounds. Hopefully it's not Potter. 

        'Who knows Ari, maybe being paired with Potter won't be so bad.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

890K 41.2K 175
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
183K 7.5K 53
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
636K 10K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
2.1M 110K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...