The Library (Armin Arlert x R...

By viridii__

•MODERN AU. PAST LIVES. NOT A SMUT. Only hints of smut. Contains spoilers for all of the anime so make sure y... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Thank you note

Chapter 4

7.3K 321 1.3K
By viridii__

Marco offered to take my food and throw it out and I gratefully accepted his offer. He grabbed everyone's trays and walked off.

"So, what classes you you have? Maybe we'll have some together." Jean said and brought out a pack of gum, offering me a piece.

I took one and Sasha reached over the table, snatching the pack of gum out of Jean's hand.

"GIVE THAT BACK POTATO GIRL!" Jean said in frustration and I watched with a smile. "THAT'S NOT FOR YOU!"

"WAAAAH- NOT INFRONT OF (Y/N)!! I thought we left that name in the past!" Sasha whined out loud.

When Jean successfully retrieved his gum he returned his attention back to me.

"Anyway...as I was saying-" He resumed, tucking the gum in his pocket and keeping an eye on Sasha and Connie. "Your classes?"

I pulled out my phone to see my schedule, and he looked over it as well.

"Oh, no way! I have the same first and second hour as you! Same lunch break as well...you only took three classes for Mondays?"

Jean tilted his head, seeming interested in the conversation we were having.

"Yeah, no one really likes Mondays so I figure I may as well put my favorite class, art, on a Monday. Yknow- so I have something to look forward to." I tucked my phone in my pocket and Marco had finally come back.

"C'mon, guys, let's head to class." He said impatiently with a hand on his hip. "Oh, don't worry about your pretty self, (Y/N). Mainly taking to those two." Marco gestured to Sasha and Connie.

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled up at Marco.

"Don't worry, I wasn't thinking you meant me, anyway."

It turns out that Marco, Connie, and Sasha had first period History class with Jean and I.

The four of us walked in and Sasha immediately ran over to a black haired girl, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Mikasa, I missed you!" Sasha whined and tightened her grip on Mikasa. Mikasa gladly returned the hug, a small smile showing on her face.

When I turned to Jean I noticed he was basically drooling at the sight of Mikasa. I nudged his arm and winked once he looked down at me. He rolled his eyes and made his way over to Mikasa.

Mikasa, Sasha, and Eren made their way back to us and I felt some sort of tension between Jean and Eren as they made eye contact.

Eren looked away from Jean for a split second and when he saw me, his eyes lit up. He hurried over to me as Sasha, Connie, and Jean began to play fight.

"(Y/N), I didn't expect to get any classes with you!" Eren smiled, happy to just make a new friend, I assume.

"What, are you disappointed?" I said jokingly as more people filed into the class.

"No! I'm not-" Eren tried to defend himself but couldn't after Connie was shoved onto me by Sasha and Jean.

Everything happened in slow motion as I fell onto someone who had just entered the classroom with a hot thermal of coffee. Thankfully it was a thermal so nothing spilled or broke.

I looked to the man I had bumped into as he bent over to pick up his coffee. He had nicely styled blonde hair and pretty blue eyes, high cheekbones and overall...a very masculine figure.

"I do believe you owe me an apology, young lady." He said with his oh-so-deep voice...how dreamy.

"Oh, right..." I maintained eye contact with him. "I'm really sorry, um..."

"Mr. Smith. And apology accepted." Mr. Smith smiled. "I'm your history teacher, so if you could please all get in line. I'd like for you all to present yourself to the class individually."

The students behind me got in line, not in any particular order.

The first person to present themselves to the class was a very buff blonde boy with intense features.

"I'm Reiner Braun."

Reiner went to the desk he previously sat at, seemingly waiting for someone. I followed his gaze to the person that stood infront of me, and was next in line. He was cute and seemed very introverted.

"Hey, I'm....Bertholdt Hoover." He ran to the seat beside Reiner and instantly began to chat with him.

'Oh, great. Now it's my turn...'

I took in a deep breath and walked up to the podium, gently placing my hands on it.

"(Y/N) (L/N). It's a pleasure to meet you all." When I looked to the people infront of me I noticed a lot of them had locked their eyes onto me. I mean, people say I'm pretty....I get why.

I smiled before stepping away from the podium and taking a seat by the windows, but in the back of the class.

The rest of the day went on and it was actually pretty easy for me to remember my classmates names. There was Ymir and her girlfriend Historia, Annie, Sasha, Connie, Marco, Jean, Eren, Mikasa, Reiner, Bertholdt, Mina, and Thomas.

Mr. Smith looked around the classroom to everyone seated and back down to his sheet of paper.

"I've given you all the liberty to choose where you sit, but I can't help but notice that someone is missing...is Armin Arlert here?"

"Oh- no, Mr. Smith, Armin isn't here today, he had issues with his job he needed to resolve." Eren spoke up. Eren must be close to this Armin guy, he and Mikasa saved a seat on the opposite side of the classroom for him.

"I see. I hope it gets resolved, then." Mr. Smith eyed the wall clock. "As you all know, we only have 20 minutes per class on the first day of school. I'll dismiss you all now since we only have around one minute left, have a nice rest of your day, and I will see you all tomorrow."

Jean waited for me outside the door so we could head to our next class together.

"Alright, girly, let's go." Jean smiled and we walked up the stairs to our art classroom.

~~~~

After my three classes, History, Art, and Math, I was left alone for lunch. It sucks that everyone I met have known eachother longer than I have...it's kinda lonely.

'Lonely...Maybe I can visit blondie?'

The thought of visiting the nameless blonde guy from the library instantly brightened my day, and I ran straight out of the school gates and made my way to the library.

As I ran down the sidewalks to get to my destination I noticed a car had been following me.

I acted like I couldn't see the car following. I got an idea...

I turned on the back camera of my phone and let it record before purposely dropping my phone behind me so I could get the face and license plate of the person following me. As I turned, I noticed the windows were tinted black to the point where I could barely make out the silhouette of the hand inside the car.

The car came to a stop right infront of me and I bolted toward the library, turning so fast on my ankle that I can swear I felt a muscle tear. The adrenaline rushing through my veins didn't allow me to feel this pain though, and I ran straight to the romance section of the library.

Blondie wasn't there. I was severely disappointed, hoping I would be able to catch his name today. I sighed, sitting on one of the chairs. The searing pain of my ankle finally beat the adrenaline and I felt it fully. Letting out a loud groan, I lifted up the bottom of my pants and instantly noticed the redness was creeping up my leg.

"Oh- oh man...a-are you okay?"

I instantly turned my head to the voice and there he was, the most beautiful boy I had ever seen. Like yesterday, he had half of his hair was up in a ponytail and his glasses were resting on the tip of his button nose.

He walked over to me with his can of cold lemonade and pressed it to my ankle, his big blue eyes looking up to me with concern.

"What happened?" He asked, gently massaging the area around my ankle.

'Woah...he's so sweet-'

"I was running from some guy and totally turned on my ankle all wrong and...and weird." I winced when he applied a bit too much pressure on the area and he turned to me like he was about to cry, all frantic and sad looking.

"Oh- oh my God I'm so sorry- I didn't mean to-"

I cut off blondie by resting a hand on his shoulder and flashing him a reassuring smile.

"It's okay, really....can I get your n—"

"Oh, shoot!" Blondie stood. "I've gotta get back to work—"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541 12 36
The moment Emalina Varlen loses her parents when Shiganshina fell, she decides to join the military in order to become strong. There she meets Jean K...
6.3K 229 22
When Jean first meets (Y/n) under not so good circumstances he didn't really like her leading to him treating her harshly. As time goes on and they s...
12.7K 229 6
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 He'...
928 50 21
Many things have happened between you and Eren. Lust. Lies. Baggage you couldn't quite handle. Throughout all of the tears and excuses you'd give, i...