Our Ever After (Twisted Wonde...

By Writing-Songstress

| The cover is made by @TakumiPineappleXD. | "Your answer has been heard beyond the door." The voice from th... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CHAPTER XX
CHAPTER XXI
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXIV
CHAPTER XXV
CHAPTER XXVI
Author's Note
CHAPTER XXVII
CHAPTER XXVIII
CHAPTER XXIX
CHAPTER XXX
CHAPTER XXXI
CHAPTER XXXII

CHAPTER XI

5.9K 247 338
By Writing-Songstress

~ * ~

"Headmaster!" Ace and Deuce called out to the man they saw as the two males, the monster, and the girl ran across the Mirror Chamber to his direction.

"We brought the magic crystal." The blue-eyed male informed.

"Eh?! You really went to the Dwarf's Mine to find a magic crystal?" Crowley questioned in disbelief.

"Huh?!" Ace, Deuce, and Grim chorused as the non-magic user took the magic crystal from her pocket then gave it to the black-haired man.

"Excuse me, sir, I have to tend to my hand. It will get infected if I don't." (Y/N) excused herself, only for the black-haired man to wave his magical pen as slowly, she felt the wound beginning to disappear.

Astonished, the (h/c) girl unwrapped the clothing on her hand to see her hand healed.

Blinking, she clenched and unclenched her fist as a way of confirmation.

When she felt no pain whatsoever, she looked at the headmaster and said her thanks.

"Of course, for I am kind." The masked man said his catchphrase with a closed-eye smile before he went back to the topic at hand.

"I really didn't think that you'd not only go and return with a crystal in hand. I quietly completed the papers for your expulsion. . ."

"Fungga! The nerve of this guy! We were fighting off some crazy beast too!" Grim glared.

"Beast?" The dean repeated questioningly.

"There was a monster there! It was super gross and crazy strong, it was awful!" Ace complained.

"Could you explain more in detail?" Crowley asked as he led the group to his office.

+ + +

"A mysterious monster living in the coal mine." The headmaster put a finger under his chin in thought.

"The beast was after (Y/N), but she managed to grab a hold of the monster's pen. Then, it stopped attacking and by the time it was over, she started coughing up black blood?"

"Yes, I don't know how nor why, so I thought that you may have an idea, headmaster." (Y/N) confirmed and took out the magical pen from her pocket, handing it over to the dean who was astonished.

"To have someone from another world who is able to clean magic crystals. . ."

"Clean?" The (h/c) girl repeated in question.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Ace followed, the others nodding along.

"The other world that (Y/N) comes from has a purer root in comparison to ours," Crowley explained.

"And so, that purity applies to her as well."

Putting my name and pure in the same sentence? I never thought I'd see the day. (Y/N) thought as she let the headmaster continue but was interrupted by Ace and Deuce exclaiming in disbelief.

"You're an alien?!"

"Other world?!"

The non-magic user nodded, stunning the two much more at the revelation. Crowley, meanwhile, was not very pleased at the interruption but continued.

"Impure things get attracted to pure things. That ink-like substance was impure, so it was then attracted to you. However, it was also harmful as it served as a factor of how it became the beast, the magician I mean. Therefore, your body's response was to cough it out."

"You, along with your fellow otherworldly kind, don't have magic. With one touch from you on the crystal or the magician, however, you are then able to both put others' hearts and minds at ease. In addition to that, you are also able to absorb the harmful liquid."

"Do take note, however, that there is still a limitation to your ability which is the amount of blood in your body."

"Wow. . I. . I never thought I'd be able to do that." The (e/c) girl uttered in shock.

"You're becoming more useful!" Grim commented.

"My productivity isn't a one-time thing, you know."

"Going back to the topic," the headmaster spoke up as he stared at the group.

"The four of you worked together to defeat it as well as bringing back a magic crystal?"

"We didn't really work together. . ." Ace scratched the back of his head.

"It was more like our goals were aligned. . ." Deuce trailed off.

These two and their pride, (Y/N) sighed.

The group of four heard a sniffle from the man as he muttered under his breath.

"Ooh. . .Oooooooh. . . .OOOOOOHHHH! OOOOOHH!" He sobbed loudly as the group jumps back, startled.

"What is with this guy? Why is an adult bursting into tears?" Grim stared at the dean in disbelief whereas (Y/N) grabbed a tissue from the a nearby tissue box then gave it to the man who accepted it.

"In all these years that I've been headmaster, for the day to come for students from Night Raven College go hand in hand to face and defeat their enemy!" He sniffled.

"What?! I did not hold this guy's hand!" The blue-eyed male protested.

"I would never do that, gross! Seriously headmaster, how old are you?!" The ginger-haired male added.

"It's a figure of speech." The (e/c) girl pursed her lips in attempt to stiffle her laughter.

"I am overwhelmed with emotion! This incident does confirm it!" The masked man declared.

"(Y/N), with not a doubt, you have talent as a beast tamer!"

"You did mention that before," the girl recalled. Even so, she was still confused and doubtful about it.

Are you sure that wasn't some fancy name you came up with on the spot though, sir?

"Students of Night Raven College are wizards in the making chosen by the Dark Mirror. However, they are of a superior class that makes them prideful and not to mention egotistical that do not even have a slight inkling to work with others. Therefore, making many of them selfish and self-centered."

The non-magic user inwardly winced at that. What a way to talk about your students. Still, the statement had some truth to it despite how harshly it was put.

"You're really not saying anything good." Grim's lips curled into a frown.

"You cannot use magic, but, maybe, exactly because you cannot use magic means that you could provide instructions to wizards and get them to cooperate."

"Perhaps, that mediocrity is exactly what this school needs right now!"

"I wouldn't call cooperation mediocre, sir." The (h/c) girl said.

"He's not saying anything nice, is he?!" The red-eyed male says, taken aback.

"I have not a doubt that your existence is essential to the future of this academy. My educator-senses say so." Ths headmaster lit up as he continued.

"It seems like your other uniforms won't go to waste after all!"

"Wait. . you seriously mean. . ?" The non-magic user trailed off, not believing what the man had in mind.

"Trapolla, Spade, along with the rescindation of your expulsion," he turned to the (e/c) girl.

"I shall give you the qualifications to attend Night Raven College as a student."

"Eh?!" Ace, Deuce, and Grim chorused.

"But how? I can't use magic, second, I'm a girl!" The (h/c) girl said.

"As I said before, that can be arranged. Besides," the masked man stared at her before he continued.

"This serves as an advantage to you, does it not?"

The (h/c) girl turned silent at the reminder the black-haired man gave. Perhaps, it was questionable for a girl to attend an all-boys school, especially without a single bit of magic running in her veins, furthermore, it can be more dangerous for someone like her.

Even so, Crowley had a point.

Yes, it was reckless, however, this was better for her to gain more access. With this, she may know more about this world, finding the magician as well.

To find the sole purpose why she was brought here.

"Alright, I accept," (Y/N) agreed as the man grinned.

"Is there something I'm missing here?" The red-eyed male asks, confused.

"A magician took her from her world. If she wants to find out why she was brought here, she should really look for him. Also, to look for him, she has to find her boyfriend first," Grim explained.

"Wait, seriously?!"

"But why fall in love?" The blue-haired male asked.

"It's his Unique Magic," (Y/N) answered.

"Hm. . ." the masked man glanced at the direction of the two other males that were still bewildered.

"Are they potential suitors?"

"HEADMASTER!" (Y/N) and Deuce chorused, the two blushing in embarrassment. As for Ace, however, he only groaned at the assumption.

"Love is just a pain, headmaster."

"I wouldn't call it that." (Y/N) sighed at the male and turned to the masked man.

"And sir, you can't fall in love with someone you have just met."

"I thought you would be someone who would believe in love at first sight." Crowley commented as the girl shook her head.

"There is one condition, however," the man added.

"You cannot use magic, so becoming a wizard is out of the question. Your lessons being uncompleted is highly unlikely. That is why, Grim," he turned his head at the monster's direction.

"You have proven to me that you do possess enough talebt to become a wizard. Therefore, you both shall be able to enroll together as one student."

"Fungah. . fungah. . We-we can. . ." Grim sniffled, his eyes tearing up in joy.

"Let's do our best." The (e/c) girl smiled at him as he raised his paw in victory and rejoiced.

"Fungah!! I did it!!"

"Well then, I shall give the symbol of your status as a student of Night Raven College, a magic crystal, just for Grim." The man smiled and with a flick of his pen, a collar with a magical crystal appeared around the monster's neck.

"Woah! A magic crystal?" Grim's eyes widened as he stared at the object in amazement.

"It is the norm for students to have it in the form of a "magical pen" but, you wouldn't be able to grip it in your paws, right? It's a special custom." The masked man sighed in bliss.

"I pay attention to even the smallest details! Aren't I too kind?"

"I did it! I'm so cool! I got my own special magic crystal collar~!"

"He isn't listening at all," the dean deadpanned as he turned to the girl who gave him an apologetic smile.

"Do you understand? As you can see, Grim is as not as accustomed to human society. It is up to you to take the reins and supervise him in order to prevent causing any more trouble!"

"That I will do," (Y/N) obliged before glancing at the creature beside her. "Just like what you did back in the mine, cooperate with me."

"The Great Grim must have a shining school life, ya know! You should too since you're with me!"

The red-eyed male laughed at the news. "Aha! Look at you! School's just started, but you already turned into a supervisor!"

"I see, there's only the two of you in your dorm." The blue-eyed male said, "So if you have been entrusted with supervising Grim, that makes you a supervisor."

"Pfft, isn't that unheard of? There being a supervisor who can't use magic," Ace mused.

"You're looking at her, Ace." The (e/c) girl referred to herself while raising a brow.

"Nice, it's cool! A supervisor who does not even have the ability to use magic!" The male quickly added as the turned supervisor faced him with an expression of surprise before having a meek smile on her face.

"I-I'll do my best."

The ginger laughed at that, "Good luck, supervisor!"

"I see, a supervisor," the masked man mused. "There is a work request of mine and having a title makes it very convenient. . . Yes! This is wonderful!"

The non-magic user stares at him, confused as she watched the man open one of his drawers and take out a camera.

"Supervisor, I entrust you with this." He gave the girl the camera in which she took.

"This is the "ghost camera" as it is nicknamed."

"Ghost?" (Y/N) asked, tilting her head at that.

"Ah, I think my grandma told me about that. It is a super old magic tool, right?" Ace recognized.

"It's not that old," Crowley says, offended.

"It may be true that it had been invented during your great grandmother's or even during the time of your great, great grandmother's. There is a very special spell cast on it."

"It not only captures the subject's form but a part of their soul is also included," he added.

"A part of their soul. . ?" Deuce trailed off question.

"We call this, "Memory: A Fragment of Rememberance."

"Furthermore," the dean paused. "The magic camera has the souls of the photographer as well as the one who was photographed develop a deep connection, and the memory in the photo comes jumping out!"

"Souls are connected?" (Y/N) repeats, astounded.

"Depending on how close the subject along with the photographer are, the picture could move just like a video or bring to life the situation in the photo. Isn't it facinating?"

"Bring the photo to life?" Deuce raised a brow before his eyes widened a second later.

"It's like a ghost photograph!"

"Yes! Therefore, a "ghost camera" is what it's called!" The black-haired man confirmed.

"They say it was made before the time of videos for when people wanted to leave behind vivid memories."

"Spade is correct, in the past, people would scream, "ghost!" in surprise when the memory came jumping out," he chuckled.

"They were paralyzed in fear at the mere thought of having a photo taken with this camera."

"I wonder how the purpose of it wasn't clarified." The (h/c) girl said.

"A camera for freaking people out. . ." Ace trailed off.

"Supervisor, please take photos of Grim and the rest of the students to leave behind several memories of your lives in this academy," Crowley instructed.

"Lalala~! Take lots of cool photos of me!" Grim sang.

The headmaster cleared his throat. "Of course, don't forget to get "memories" especially if somebody will step out of line. It's the most suitable way to report to me, right?"

"Keep an eye on your surroundings. As supervisor, do take memories."

"To generously give you a rare item that can be used by non-magic users. . ." Crowley trailed off before he chuckled.

"Does my kindness know no bounds?"

"We can have the detailed discussion by tomorrow. Do take the pen and the ghost camera, (Y/N)." The black-haired man instructed as the girl followed.

"Now everyone, return to your dormitories."

"Thank you, headmaster," (Y/N) bowed her head.

"Pardon our intrusion," Deuce said, walking towards the door along with the rest of the group.

+ + +

Deuce released a long sigh of relief. "The expulsion's been rescinded. . I'm beat."

"Oh my, oh my. . ." Ace followed, just as exhausted .

"Lalala~! I will start going to Night Raven College as as a student by tomorrow! I'm gonna leave you all in the dust and take the top spot!" Grim declared.

"You talk big for somebody who's only a half of a full student." The red-eyed male snickered.

"Anyway, it's fine."

"We're classmates tomorrow, supervisor, Grim." The blue-haired male said as the girl nodded her head in agreement.

"We didn't get to say this earlier since your hand was bleeding, and you were coughing out blood too." Ace scratched the back of his head.

"I guess making excuses is pretty lame. I kinda hate to admit it, but we won thanks to your plan."

"True, we got the magic crystal back since you gave us level-headed instructions," Deuce added.

"Thank you, but of course, everyone contributed just as much." The magicless being thanked then turned to the blue-haired male.

"As promised, I am not going to bother you so much anymore."

"Hey, I don't mind talking to you at all!" Deuce shook his head in haste before blushing in embarassment at that, (Y/N) mirroring his expression.

"I-I mean, like I said, we are already classmates, so I should lend a helping hand."

"O-oh, well, I'm glad that you don't dislike me then. I don't mind you too and, um. . again. . I'll do my part!" The girl promised as the male smiled.

"Like you're reliable," Ace snorted at his dorm mate.

"Shut up, Ace!"

As the two continued to bicker once again, the (h/c) girl only shook her head at that before a small smile curved her lips.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Ace, Deuce."

"Saying that is really embarassing, will you stop right there?" The ginger closes his eyes, embarassed.

The blue-eyed male snickered. "Pfft, that's true, even if we don't want to, we are going to see each other a lot. I'm even in Heartslabyul with this jerk."

"Thinking about seeing your serious mug everyday? I don't want to, no thanks." The referred male grinned.

"That's my line, truant Ace."

"Sure, sure, almost-expelled-crybaby Deuce. Alrighty, see you tomorrow, supervisor."

"See you tomorrow," (Y/N) greeted back, sighing and watching the two's retreating figures.

"Those names. . ."

"Those guys might make a good combo. They're the "fight because they're so close" type." Grim said.

"We better get back to the dorm! Tomorrow, we are not the handyman! Finally. . finally!" He teared up before continuing.

"Our bright and shiny academy life at Night Raven College begins!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.7K 89
Love. Protection. Warmth. Joy. Everything good...everything sacred to what a child, any child deserves. Every new-born child bears no sins. In a perf...
13 0 5
I made this when I was younger and decided to release my old work into this to the world. I didn't plan a storyline so this maybe have crazy tone shi...
342K 7.5K 127
All stories begin with "Once upon a time..." Charlotte Luchessi's a girl unlike any have seen. With a fast-thinking mind and many skills and talents...
48 3 2
Emmeranne Quintus, A not so ordinary but looks it on the outside recently turned Eighteen year old girl, With lots of child trauma and daddy issues...