CHAPTER VII

~ * ~

~ * ~

"Pfft, ahaha! I can't bear it anymore! Ahahaha!" Ace howled in laughter as his lips curled into a mocking smirk. 

"Weren't you the ones that went crazy at the entrance ceremony?" 

"You, a girl, was summoned by the Dark Mirror even though you can't use magic." He referred to the (h/c) girl then turned to Grim. "And you, monster, weren't called but still trespassed." 

"Yaahh, it took everything I had not to lose it at the entrance ceremony." 

"Wha--?! You're a rude one!" The monster glared. 

You said it, Grim. The (e/c) girl thought as she took him into her arms and caressed his fur as a way to hopefully calm him down. 

"And now, you weren't allowed in and then got regulated to a janitor? Haha, how lame," the ginger-haired male mocked. 

The creature growled at that.

"On top of that, you don't even know about the Great Seven. How ignorant can you be?"

"I recommend you to go back to kindergarten before coming to Night Raven College," he snickered. 

"Did you forget about yesterday?" (Y/N) stared at the ginger-haired male with a cold look on her face. 

"Although we've both been regulated to clean the academy, Grim was still able to showcase his strength the day before despite not being in this school as a student." 

"That's impressive on its own, and I'm not so defenseless myself, so please do head back to class." She turned to the creature staying in her arms. 

"After all, Grim can only be so patient until he decides to repeat the scenario from the day before." 

The warning look on the (h/c) girl's face made the male momentarily rethink of his previous actions. It was not the warning itself that was intimidating. Rather, it was with how firm she was and how she stood tall. 

Not an ounce of magic was in her veins, and yet she was acting like there was not much of a difference between them both. The same despite her circumstances. 

Perhaps, even beat him on her own. 

Deciding it was best to get to his classes, Ace huffed and put his hands in his pockets. "Tsk, whatever, unlike you two, I have classes to go to. Janitors."

"Acting like that when he's just making a fool of himself," the (e/c) girl rolled her eyes at the male's retreating figure. The monster, on the other hand, did not take it as calmly as the human. 

"This jerk! He's just gonna say that and leave?! I'm pissed now!" He hopped off the girl's arms as he cast his fire at the ginger. 

"Oh my! Watch out!" Ace exclaimed, evading the attack and stared at the monster in disbelief.