CHAPTER V

~ * ~

~ * ~

"On the right!" (Y/N) pointed at the said direction as Grim breathed out his fire at the incoming apparition.

"Behind you!" The girl directed as the bony specter went to her direction while the other two flew towards the monster.

Clicking his tongue, the creature glared at the bony specter aiming for the girl as he took a breath.

"Fugnaaa!!!" The creature breathed his fire at the bony specter then at the rest of his companions as they all howled in pain.

"Hee, heeee! We're goners! Run away!" They chorused and one by one, they all vanished.

Finally, the two living souls were the only ones left.

"E-eh? We. . won?" Grim stuttered in disbelief.

He took the chance I gave him but saving me too? The (h/c) girl thinks surprised as a smile then curved her lips.

"Thank you."

"Ha. . that was sca--no, I wasn't scared at all! This is nothing for the Great Grim! How about that, ghosts?! You done?"

The sound of the door creaking and someone's footsteps made the two turn as they were greeted with the headmaster carrying a tray of food.

"Good evening, the ever so kind me, brought dinner--wait, this is the monster who created a ruckus at the entrance ceremony! I thought we drove him out! Why is he here?!" He glared.

"Hmph! I exterminated the ghost problem! Be grateful!" Grim smirks, satisfied, but the man was still in need of an explanation.

"Hm? What do you mean by that?"

"When I was looking for a bucket earlier, I heard a thud and thought it was someone who broke in. It turned out that there were ghosts that haunted this dorm, so Grim and I took care of them." (Y/N) explained as the headmaster nodded.

"Now that you mention it, there were some prankster ghosts living here, so students keep away from this dormitory, and that's why it's now empty. I'd forgotten about that."

"However, for you two to work together to get rid of them. . ."

Grim crossed his, well, paws at that. "I'm not gonna overlook that "together" comment. She was just standing there watching, and I did this for a can of tuna."

"Don't take all the credit for yourself." The (h/c) girl scolded the monster.

"Ah! I haven't gotten that tuna yet!" He recalled, also reminding the human of her little offer earlier.