Miss Weirdo Is Swayed [COMPLE...

By ThePrintedScarf

"He's hotter than Chris Evans" i thought in my mind. "cool ! you think I'm hotter than Chris Evans?" i hear... More

Chapter 1 : Meet Miss Weirdo
Chapter 2 : Guy with blue eyes and sexy smirk
Chapter 3 : The initial lie
Chapter 4 : Kevin my man !
Chapter 5 : Slutty white
Chapter 6 : My wishlist
Chapter 7 : Paying Off
Chapter 8 : Cappuccino
A/N
Chapter 9 : Those soft lips
Chapter 10 : Claire calling
Chapter 11 : Dealing with issues
Chapter 12 : Mission WISHLIST
Chapter 13 : The other side of Chris
Chapter 14 : A gift by someone
Chapter 15 : Jealousy
Chapter 16 : Dinner with Peter
Chapter 17 : I love you
Chapter 18: The Second Lie
Chapter 19 : Let's dance and get cozy
Chapter 20 : I want you
Chapter 21 : First Kiss
Chapter 22: Happy birthday darling
Chapter 23: Graduate
Chapter 24 : Job interview and revealation
Chapter 25 : Betrayal
Chapter 26 : Life goes on- Part 1
Chapter 27 : Life goes on- Part II
Chapter 28 : Reunited
Chapter 30 : Let's sort the things out.
Chapter 31 : I feel suffocated
Chapter 32 : I'm back NYC
Chapter 33 : Say who's the best?
Chapter 34 : Girl's day out
Chapter 35 : Arguments And Dinner
Chapter 36 : Apologies
Chapter 37 : Workouts
Chapter 38 : Office and exclusive moments
Chapter 39 : Working for the delinquents
Chapter 40 : Friends give you the best moments
Chapter 41 : I'll be waiting for you- Part I
Chapter 42 : I'll be waiting for you- Part II
Chapter 43 : I'm Swayed
Thank You
What's up next?

Chapter 29 : A Deal

8K 316 10
By ThePrintedScarf

CHAPTER 29

He moved towards us while shoving his hands in the pocket of his pants and glaring me. Mr. Peterson and Harris immediately stood up from their seats and walked to him.

“Mr. Carter.” My boss spoke and gave his hand for a handshake to Chris.

Harris followed Mr. Peterson and spoke while shaking hands with him “we never expected it’d be you. It’s such a surprise for us.”

Chris moved his eyes from Harris to me while shaking hands with him and said “yeah, sometimes unexpected things do happen.”                                                                                                                                                                                            

I felt my skin generating Goosebumps with his stare over me and to avoid it I shake my head and eyed every object placed in the room.

“Please take a seat Sir.” Mr. Peterson spoke while offering him his own seat.

He sat on the chair facing me. I suddenly felt my heart sinking into ground as I couldn’t look over him.

“Peterson” I hear his stern voice spoke

“yes, sir?”  My boss spoke while coming forward and stood beside the man sitting across me.

“I’d like to have some words with Miss Roberts in person.”

What is he up to? He’ll kill me with his stares if I’ll be left alone with him. But being in a place where no one else knows our past, I decided to keep my mouth shut. I heard the door close and now I felt an eerie silence that was driving me crazy as all I was looking since past ten minutes is my shoes under my table and all the moments those were happening here since past ten minutes are my guesses.

“Aren’t you going to look at me?” I hear him speak after what seemed like ages.

I gulped and raised my chin to see his cold stare moving on my entire features. I couldn’t speak anything, my lips seemed to glued and all I did was stare over him.

“Your hair is shorter now” he spoke while looking at my hair. I couldn’t make a good hairstyle due to the meager time I had in the morning and left them falling over my chest.

“Yeah, I got a haircut.”

He nodded and said “you look sexier than ever in this”

I had an urge to smile and say thanks but I controlled myself and settled for just a nod. This is very difficult to settle for a nod after receiving such a good compliment from a hot men.

I move my eyes from his ruffled hair which seemed longer than before as it fell above his forehead to his sharp nose with has the same audacity like two years ago. But I didn’t like the beard on his face, he looks someone from stone age , many female thinks it’s hot but it honestly gives me nausea.

“You never came back” he spoke and I halted my gawking

“Huh?”

“You heard me. You left me and never came back to me.”

My blood started evaporating and I recalled the day I discovered his lies and my reaction went from meek to angry. Now his stares weren’t giving me shivers, because I imagine the same Chris sitting here who lied to me two years ago, whom I’m so annoyed on.

 “You lied to me Chris.” I spoke

He jumped from his position and leaned on the table and said

“And I told I was sorry for what I did.  I am still sorry but, is this a way to leave a person who is madly in love with you without even hearing him explain.”

“I heard your reasons Chris” I spoke eying him coldly

“And you just ran away. We could have solved all the things with a little talk but you decided to block every way I could contact with you.”

To an extent he is right; we could have solved everything with talks. But I decided to run away and block every way he could contact me from.

“you left me without hearing me fully. I know I acted pathetically and you had every right to madden over me but I think every idiot deserves a second chance.”

How correct he is I realize now. Everyone deserves a second chance, but I ran away from him. Not that it’s my fault fully. I wanted to preserve my heart from getting hurt again, I couldn’t have anymore heartaches.

I shake my head and said “what do you want Chris?”

“Do I need to answer this? I want you, I love you I’ve missed you like hell. Come back with me.”              

I analyze my thought of going back with him and a fear strike me again that he’d lie again to me. I just feel very prone to lose my heart and I can’t take anymore risks.

“I won’t Chris. I’ve started my life here, I like living alone. i..i am not coming with you.”

He jumped from his seat and came to my side. My chair was moved my him so now I was watching him towering over me. Before I could protest on anything he pulled me and made me stand adjacent to him.

“what th-

He cut my words by crashing his lips over mine. As much as I love tasting this soft lip I have missed like hell in these two years I shoved him by chest to express my anger. But my protest was stopped when he pulled me harder into him by my waist. His lips massaged mine and I couldn’t control the moan that escaped my mouth. I dipped my fingers into his scalp and massaged it. He exhaled and licked my lower lip and I couldn’t help but open my mouth to explore some more of him. With the exchange of the saliva I could taste his minty breath that was weakening my knees. He licked my lips again and i never missed his mumbling during the course he did ‘ I missed you’. We pulled out breathless, panting and staring at each other.

I see his face that now looked hot covered in beard and I wonder why his beard never itched my while we’re kissing.

Realizing our proximity I untangle my arm from his neck and maintain a two inch distance between us that was really driving me crazy.

“Come with me baby.”

Oh how can’t I melt in puddle? The way he calls me baby is enough for me to crave some more for him. And it’s really impossible for me to say no. so I turn my back to him and stare at the ground. I heard his groaning that was cut by the knock on the door.

“come in” I say

Came in Mr. Peterson followed by Harris with a  fake smiles pasted over their faces. I shake my head and wonder how these men have gone super sweet just when they have seen a billionaire in their place.

“Mr. Carter, we’ve been pleased to have you in our premises.” Mr. Peterson spoke

I see Harris was eying me suspecting as he saw Chris standing just beside me. Normally no one would expect a creditor to have a discussion and stand beside mere a marketing manager. He cocked and eyebrow to which I just shrugged.

“I can forego your debt to me.” Chris spoke and i flip my head to see was sitting my place crossing his leg with another. My gaze averted to Mr. Preston when he spoke.

“really? How?” Mr. Peterson asked with a smile larger than world.

He cleared his throat and spoke “ I want your Marketing manager to work in my company.”

My eyes widen as I hear his words. I see Mr. Peterson with same expression and turn my head to see Chris sitting on my chair with a relaxed face. He seems to be enjoying this situation the most.

I did not like a word he spoke now. I could have say a yes to him if had tried once more with a little more effort. But here he’s acting in a way as in it’s a business agreement, like a deal as in he is buying me. I feel like an article to be exchanged with a debt he owns to the company. this is just ridiculous, I can’t think of losing anymore self respect of mine.

“ I. am .not going ANYWHERE with you.” I yelled and seem Mr. Peterson flinch in his place. Harris on the other hand bears a stone cold expression.

Chris smile and shake his head before speaking “Peterson, just make this girl leave with me and I’d forego your debt.”

I see Mr. Peterson as he couldn’t speak anything. He opens his mouth but shut it automatically. When no one spoke anything Harris blurted

“But.. That’s not fair. You can’t do anything against her own will.”

I smile at the speech of my friend. I know it wasn’t not his place to speak anything, but as a friend he never lets me tackle everything alone.

“And who are you?” Chris spoke furrowing his brows.

What a genius man is he? Just a while ago they both shake their hands, and now he’s asking his identity.

“ I’m Harris Greene. Lawyer “

“Mr. Greene first thing, never speak into anything that’s not your concern. And second trust me she’s dying to go with me. who wouldn’t want to work Carter cop.?” He said and looked at me to wink immediately.

He is right, anybody would grab an offer like this. Carter corp. is the biggest company in Europe with the best manpower. But I cannot. I don’t have to work for him.

“But your act isn’t legal.” Harris glared Chris.

I see Chris clenching his jaws and giving Harris murderous glare before he spoke “well, if you want to follow the legal way then okay, you’ll receive the court’s order within an hour. And I’d make sure that this company does not get any more business from anywhere and the employees wouldn’t get one single job in the coming future.”

He has turned into a cruel man. My Chris was a generous man, who used to help everyone, but he’s instead threatening everyone.

“You can’t do this.” I said while moving to him.

“I will do this.” He said without looking over me.

I know he’s not liking his own word. But damn his pride.

I stare him silently and not once did he move his head and face me as he continue to graze the walls of the room.

“Please, Grace go with him. Everyone will be happy that way even you. You deserve to work in a company like Carter corp.”

I move my eyes from Chris to Mr. Peterson. He had a defeated expression on his face. He surely loves his company and its employees, but no doubt he loves me like a family.

“Sir.. how can you expect me to leave you all? I love this place; I can’t live without you all. Please don’t fire me.” my voice nearly broke in between as I imagine myself leaving this place.

He smile and I can’t miss the tears he had in his eyes “I am not firing you dear, I wouldn’t ever. I’m just telling you to go at place that’d offer you better chance of development.”

“ I don’t want it.”

“No you deserve it Grace. And besides you’d do the most this company wants now. No one would be losing their jobs. This company wouldn’t shut down. Please”

I shake my head and imagine leaving this place. This is going to be the second heart attack, when your everything is snatched from you even when you don’t want it to give it up. And it’s not a surprise that Chris was the reason for everything.

 No matter how much I want to stay here, I will have to leave or he would ruin this company, which I won’t ever let happen.

Aggressively I turn to see him peacefully sitting in the chair when he moved his chin to look into y eyes.

“When do I have to leave with you?”

He stood up and came near to me “Now.”

I exhale and drop my head down to give him a nod of agreement.

I took my bag which was left untouched and moved to Mr. Peterson to give him a hug.

“I will miss you.” I sobbed

He rubbed my back to comfort me and I know he was dying within himself

“Me too dear. You can come over anytime you want.”

I nodded and moved to Judie who now stood beside Mr. Peterson. I hugged her and we agreed to remain in contact via phone.

Lastly I move to Harris, my very dear friend who stood at the other side of Mr. Peterson. I hug him and he encaged me by my waist.

“I’ll miss you very much.” I spoke as he inhale deeply. He does it when he gets emotional. He didn’t spoke anything but I know he’s going to miss me too.

“I’ll come to meet you.” He spoke finally

I smile and detach myself from him to see his blank face. “I’ll wait for you.” I said as I moved to kiss his cheek.

My arm was held tightly by a strong hold before pulling me hard from Harris that stopped me to plant a kiss on Harris’s cheek. I turn my head to see it was none other than Chris. He was glaring Harris while clenching his jaws.

“What the hell are you doing Chris?”

“we’re getting late. Come on” he pulled me and I was practically being dragged out of the room.   

“Bye” I yelled without watching their faces as I was already out of the room.

I see all my subordinates and colleague watching us moving out of the office and their faces were shocked. Why wouldn’t it be? Do they expect a billionaire to come in their office and forcefully take their manager like this?

By the time we were out of the place I couldn’t maintain anymore decorum towards him and snatched my wrist out of his grip.

“Leave my hand.”

He turns around and intruded my face. His frown melted as he sees me upset and he came to hold my wrist. His tight hold gave me a purple bruise which was hurting like hell.  He caressed the area and planted a kiss there. I tilted my head to see his face. It was pitiful, he himself looked very hurt. I know what he did was totally out of anger, he can never ever hurt me.

“Leave it.” I slowly took my hand out of his

His gaze was fixed on the floor and I never like seeing him ashamed of him. Although the way he acted today was totally out of his behavior and no doubt I am mad over him for this. I see he has been a ruthless and much like an arrogant man, the one I never thought him to be two years ago. But whatever he do, I can’t deny that I love him and can’t see him ashamed of himself.

“It’s okay.” I said and he held me by my waist so that we were now moving side by side along the hallway that has some people, all busy in their own work. He kept holding my waist softly as we move along the hallway. We step out of the building and I see a limousine parked there. I didn’t need a clue to realize whom it belonged to.

 ****************

yayy !! this is the quickest update i've ever done. give me a pat :D i've used my free day veryy wisely and guess what you guys might be having an update tommorow also :D :D love you all , thanks for making it 6K+ reads.  A special thanks to all my readers who are with this story since chapter 1 to now. Thankss so much for your time and support all of you. I plan to finish this book by 11 Feb most probably. I'll come up with various other ideas, i'll let you know. But right now let's enjoy 'MWIS'.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393 21 7
Where there's smoke, there's always a fire. "The more you fight it, the more determined I am to prove that you want me." He says burning holes into...
3.7M 18K 11
Meet Christina A. Cruz. Single. Simple. Incredibly Beautiful. She's the girl who possesses refined manners and right conduct_ well- disciplined, k...
243K 6K 55
'HOLY SHIT!' Madalyne takes a deep breath when she realizes what just happened. She feels hot and bothered but at the same time confused; how can a s...
99.1K 7.8K 83
Cecilia Atwood has lived a life of complete privilege. Her father is a night club tycoon. Her mother has always been the best mother to her and her b...