Sound Waves (Avatar: The Last...

By GoldenSapphire2

Princess Himoko of Omashu's life changed when the Avatar visited her city, for the better or worse she doesn'... More

Chapter 1 - Last Letter
Chapter 2 - Water
Chapter 3 - Dai Li
Chapter 4 - Comrade
Chapter 5 - Everything and Anything
Chapter 6 - The City
Chapter 7 - Moonlight
Chapter 8 - What Lies Ahead
Chapter 9 - Drowned
Chapter 10 - Order
Chapter 11 - Identity
Chapter 12 - Heir
Chapter 13 - Tunnel Vision
Chapter 14 - Reunion
Chapter 16 - Tall Tales
Chapter 17 - Indoctrinated City
Chapter 18 - Palace-Arrest
Chapter 19 - Reflections
Chapter 20 - The Lady of the Lake
Chapter 21 - Daffodils
22 - Blistering Crystals
Sound Reflection

Chapter 15 - Innocence

516 22 9
By GoldenSapphire2

3rd Person's POV

"Welcome to the world, my love." A voice called to the little bundle in the blankets, the newly cleaned child pries open her eyes, short eyelashes fluttering to stare up at the woman who held her in her arms, a smile unlike any other present on her face. The smile that could only belong to a mother.

"Mia!" Calls a new voice, unfamiliar to the child, scaring her, and begins to cry.

"Shh.. Shh, it's alright my love. It's only Papa." The woman, called Mia, coos down at her, softly bouncing her up and down. The midwife moves out of the way to let 'Papa' to sit down next to Mia, the thundering roars of the storm outside raging, rocking the boat. 'Papa' grins when he reaches out and lets the babe grab ahold of his pinky, holding tightly onto it, and yet still crying out loud.

"Hello..." He greets her softly, his tone slightly awkward, not knowing how to properly address her. It scared him to know that the world they just brought her in... Would be against her.

But not right now, on this very boat, she was safe. Blind and ignorant on these waters, but once she takes her first crawl on the grass of the continent, her first steps, her first sprint- She would know.

He shakes his head, leaning up and placing a kiss on Mia's forehead, before down to the child. The tender expression of his helped quiet down her crying, reducing only to little hiccups.

"I will leave you two alone then, I have to go out and help with the storm." Stated the midwife. The two nodded, "Thank you." The midwife doesn't answer, only smiles softly in acknowledgment before leaving the bowel of the ship, opening the door and sprinting up the stairs, her arms already in motion to help the crashing waves calm down. And regain back their course for the mainland.

"Goan..." He looks back at his wife, resting his free hand on her shoulder. "What is it? Are you cold? Tired, hungry, thirsty-?" Her giggling breaks him out of concerned state, watching her shake her head, long black hair has been pulled up and out of her face before labor had begun, locks of thick hair having escaped since then.

"I'm alright... I haven't decided a name for her." He blinks, taking in her words. "...A name?"

"Yes. A name. We don't magically appear with names already picked out for us."

"I wish that we did..." He grumbles to himself, "I don't..want to give her a name. What if she doesn't like it when she gets older?"

"Then she is free to call herself by something new. Not everything is set in stone, dear." She kisses his cheek in reassurance, "I know that we had quite a bit of time to decide on a name-"

"7 months, 8 days, and-" Goan begins to dramatically state, getting whacked in the shoulder by his wife. "Ow!"

"Let's pray that she doesn't inherit any of your dramatics." Goan smirks, eyes twinkling. "Do not worry, I will be sure to be a good influence on her." Mia rolls her eyes, casting a glance down at her daughter, softly laughing, watching her daughter gumming on the side of her father's finger.

"Hungry already?" He questions curiously. "It appears so. Been in this world for 15 minutes and she is already hungry." She laughs, getting ready to feed her before she is proven wrong when she falls asleep only a few seconds later.

"Oh no, she has the same attention span as you." Mia teases Goan, watching his face flush red. "My attention span is fine and dandy!"

"I'm sure dear." She lets out a heavy sigh, feeling sore from the intense workout she had in a good few years.

"I can take her if you want to rest."

"No, no. I'm fine."

---

Himoko blows a soft raspberry as she takes a leisure walk, softly eyeing the prominent moon that was shining behind the clouds. Her hearing extends, hearing the snores of the citizens sleeping or children giggling as they attempt to stay up all night. And further out, it extends, subconsciously still searching for Appa, wherever he was, he still held a pretty tight-knit sleeping schedule. He would sleep, whenever he wanted to at certain times of the day, the sky bison didn't care what was going on around him, he would just plop down and snore away. Perhaps even drool all over the place as well, primarily on Sokka.

She sighs heavily in disappointment, unable to hear his signature snores like she was desperately hoping to. Just nothing. Why wouldn't she hear him, at all? Not even his heartbeat?

"Something troubling you?" Himoko jumps at the sound of La's voice, the unexpected sound of the Water Spirit sending her back onto her ass.

"W-What?" She stutters out in question. 'La? Why is La speaking to me?' Himoko hadn't spoken, nor contacted with La since the North Pole. She was forever surprised that not only was she able to speak to Yangchen casually, she was also able to do this with a literal fish.

She wonders if La has been watching her this whole time, and was feeling quite offended by how much fish she has consumed in these past few weeks.

"La?"

"Good to hear that you remember my name, Adversary." Himoko nods softly, a small grunt she releases as she gets back up onto her two feet. La swirls around her, little droplets of spirit water falling off of them.

"I can talk to you too?"

"Any Spirit Aid for the Adversary can converse. It's been a busy past couple of weeks since our last meeting. Hence, why I haven't spoken to you formally till now." La informs her, going around her head a couple of times before stopping a few feet in front of her. Beady fish eyes staring directly into her soul. 'Did La get offended when I tried caviar this morning?'

"Busy how?"

"With Tui back in full capacity, they felt the need to rest until they were more comfortable with having so much again."

"Yue..." Himoko whispers thoughtfully, a smile gracing her lips. La nods it's fish head, leaving Himoko more to wonder how the muscles in their neck worked.

"And with the ever-changing times, left me little time to come and see how you were doing in gaining Earth. Although I knew that Air was with you, it didn't cause that much for concern."

"You mean Yangchen?"

"Of course, it is just more formal to call one another by the element they represent." 'They sound like some suave ambassador.' Her brows furrow, 'Before La became a spirit, maybe that's what they were? Then again, I don't know just hold old La is.'

"So, what made you come out of hiding? Something must have happened to push you out like this?" Himoko wished at that moment to be able to see the fish's expression change, but since La was a fish, a koi to be exact, there was no expression change to indicate what they were feeling. To give her a hint on what was going on.

"Ah, it is good to know that this Adversary is quite logical... Yes, I didn't come here for a short little chat. I came here with a bearing warning." Himoko airs out a groan, deciding instead of just standing around in the middle of the street to just continue walking. Her hearing extends, and the sounds of music and laughter, along with alcohol-infused shouting greeted her- The party was still ongoing. She had time to be out of the palace a bit more.

"Another warning?"

"Of the same subject matter, yes. I apologize for giving it. I have sensed increased activity from them-"

"Yeah, I'm starting to figure that out. Really sucks at advice, don't they?" If La could, they would be glaring at Himoko while she stares back in mocking amusement.

"Frigg isn't a helpful spirit, a jokester to be more frank. They love to manipulate and use others as pawns to create their own show, a show that only they would enjoy watching."

"Sick, the dude should call it, 'The Antagonizing Adventures of Frigg, plus a Princess and her gang of misfits'," Himoko replies back sarcastically, and this time, gained a reaction from La, the fish zooming back to the front of her, halting her as they plant themselves right in front of her face, stopping her from moving or making any more smart remarks.

"This isn't a subject to be joking over, Adversary." She rolls her eyes, "I already get the message! I have ignored him pretty well so far, and frankly, every time one of those thoughts of his cross my mind, I ignore it. Vanquish it into another reality. I won't fall to him, I won't let that happen when everyone is counting on me to be here!" Himoko pushes past the fish, speed walking away from La.

La sighs heavily, beady fish eyes staring after her frustrated form. "That's what I worry about, dear Adversary. Pressure on one's shoulders creates cracks.".

Himoko releases a breath, filled with stress as she speedwalks through the city, heading down towards the Lower Ring.

She bypasses any guards, keeping her head low when she would pass a developed part of the neighborhood where people slept outside for the night. But, with her extended hearing, she couldn't hear any brawls or fights break out. So hopefully, it stayed that way. Just until there could be a more permanent home for them all.

Himoko quickly rushes into an alleyway, hiding behind a dumpster, her nose wrinkling at the foul smell, the two Dai Li Agents out on patrol walking past.

"...Benders...Teenager...Lake..." She only managed to hear three words out of their conversation, her eyes narrowing. She bites her bottom lip, straightening out her posture before crouching down slightly and hopping up onto the shingled roof, making a break for it in the opposites direction of the agents.

The agents whip around at the sound of the shingles rustling, immediately ready for combat, but comes to see nothing on the roof where the Princess previously stood.

She rushes to the tea shop, wind brushing against her cold cheeks, heart-pumping against her rib cage. 'Teenage Bender... Eren was thrown into a huge body of water and drowned...' The only other bender she knew in Ba Sing Se, that was a teenager, and wasn't in her sight during the remainder of the day- She couldn't afford to see the Banished Prince six feet under.

She hops down from the shingled roof, pants of heavy breaths leaving her mouth. She jogs to the front of the tea shop, noticing the dimmed out lights in the shop, but the voices she could hear coming from the second story of the building.

She walks around to the back, looking for a way in without having the need to just break-in. She studies the structure, her eyes trailing along with the cement.

Zuko finishes drying his hair, flopping onto the creaky couch with a huff, feeling sore and drained from the day he had just endured. He wanted nothing else but sleep, peace, quiet, and to not be disturbed for the rest of the evening-

"Nephew~! You have a visitor!" He lets out a groan, rolling his eyes. He forces himself off of the couch, lazily walking to the back of the small apartment where he heard his Uncle's voice come from.

He arches a brow when he saw the wide smile on the ex-generals face, wondering why he was smiling like that.

"Who is it?" His grin widens, eyes twinkling, "Your only friend in the entire world!" 'What?' Iroh opens the door, revealing the Princess of Omashu. His eyes narrow at her appearance, ignoring how his heart seemed to jump at the unexpected sight of her.

"Uncle..." He growls in annoyance, "Be good, have fun!"

"Uncle!" Himoko hushes him, fighting back a teasing smile. "Aww, what's wrong? Do you not like me, Sir Prince?" His face flushes in anger, hurdling a fist towards her which she dodges, ducking under his arm and entering the apartment as Iroh heads off to bed.

"What are you doing here? How did you know that we-"

"Stay on top of the tea shop you two currently work at? Well, that was quite easy." She states with a small skip in her step, surveying her surroundings curiously. He harshly blows air out of his nose, closing the door and locking it. He walks back into the living area, watching her pick at the peeling wallpaper on the walls.

"I am the Princess, I was actually the one to suggest how the living conditions for the 500 new refugees would live in the city. My cousin agreed, thankfully, so now no one was left behind outside of the walls."

"So...?"

"Oh, I just searched up the names you two used in order to get into the city. I had some help, of course. But no one knew what I was doing, so your secret is still safe with me until you decide to screw it all up."

"I don't plan on it." He replies quickly, not noticing the shock that envelopes her face as he moved into the connected small kitchen to grab a cup of water. "Woah, wait. You don't plan on overthrowing the monarchy?"

"Why the hell would I do that with no army or anyone besides my Uncle to back me up? That's just plain stupid and irresponsible." Zuko replies, "...Besides, Uncle is happy here. I don't want to...mess up his happiness..." He whispers. Himoko hears his words, her shoulders relaxing. 'He isn't a threat... For now.' She thinks. She takes a seat down on the creaky couch, slightly bouncing up and down to test the springs.

"That's uncharacteristic coming from you." She states, pushing back some of her hair out of her face, "Usually you would be all for that, you anarchist." She enjoyed seeing the frown on his face, his eyes narrowing at her into a glare, a small sneer accompanying his annoyance.

"I'm not an anarchist!"

"Sure, sure, technically you are, Ponytail."

"I don't have a ponytail anymore so stop calling me that!" He fumed, face turning beet red, amusing Himoko more. "You aren't allied with the Fire Nation anymore-"

"How do you-"

"You are literally hiding away from Fire Nation in Ba Sing Se, in enemy territory. I may be slow, but I ain't dumb, Zuko." He purses his lips together, fighting back from making a not so nice comment. Himoko grins in triumph at effectively getting him to shut up, "...So with you not being allied with the Fire Nation anymore, nor the Earth Kingdom, or the Water Tribes... That just leaves you to be on the sideline, searching for the Avatar, an Anarchist, wanting nothing but more conflict within the story of this summer." Himoko informs him, steadily watching how his eyes begin to grow wider in the realization that she...she did have a point.

"You want things to be abolished, Zuko. I can tell. You just do a good job at keeping that hidden." Himoko stands up, walking up to him, not breaking eye contact, "The Banished Crown Prince of the Fire Nation, the boy who was to be Firelord one day, strip of his title, and sent off on a wild goose chase for years to find the Avatar who didn't exist anymore at that time. You were never meant to find him, Zuko. Your father sent you away with no intention of letting you go back to your home. So why, why, try and defend him?" 'I haven't said anything to...' His breath hitches when Himoko grabs the front of his shirt, tugging him slightly more down, her eyes dangerously staring into his.

"In a city meant to be safe for all, fighting against the war that has been raging on for 100 years- You sought refuge, an Ex-General, and a Crown Prince, do you have any idea on how that looks to me?" His face scrunched up in more confusion, wondering what she was trying to get at.

"Omashu, my home, was taken away from me. I was sent away from my friends, from my family to a place I didn't want to come to, just because if I were to have fallen in the wrong hands, boom, gone, the Royal Line would be gone. Omashu would be no more, with no ruler, that would have been it for the Earth Kingdom. Each day, I await the news, the news that my grandfather has fallen, that I was now the Queen of Omashu by default. And here you are, showing up on my cousin's front door, telling me that all you and your Uncle are doing here is work in a tea shop? Tell me, Zuko, really tell me the truth here, you have no intention of breaking things down from the inside out?!" His frown deepens, his harsh eyes softening as he realizes what she was telling him. "I am to be expected to drop my life, my future, to wait, watch, and listen. I am nothing but a pawn in a political game, Prince Zuko. While you, are free to do whatever you please, do you not realize that? You are free, Zuko. You have the choice now, to be somebody else. Be Lee, Zuko. Become him. There is nothing holding you back from that." She lets go of the front of his shirt, sharply turning to the left and marching her way over to the door.

He didn't comprehend what she was telling him, why she was telling him all of this. They were supposed to be mortal enemies, and yet... She took the time to sneak out of the palace after hours and speak to him, with no worry about her life, no guards accompanying her, only her fearless guts and wits aiding her.

Himoko had just made it out of the door when she was suddenly grabbed and pulled back into the apartment, the door slamming shut as she is held from behind, arms wrapped around her, pinning her arms to her sides.

"You don't get to rant to me like that and just walk away, Princess." She visibly rolls her eyes, rolling back her shoulders in an attempt to get him to loosen his grip.

"You weren't adding much to the conversation. Besides, it is best I head back now before they realize I have been gone for too long." He raises his brow, ready to question, as he had assumed that she just snuck out, not that she got permission.

"I needed fresh air away from the party." She answers simply, leaving the information that Aang was currently in Ba Sing Se out of the equation. He lets out a deep chuckle, "Drunk off their asses then?"

"Sadly, yes. Don't worry, the guards will get an earful about it in the afternoon."

"Why afternoon?"

"Because that is when Long Feng will wake up, he is a sucker for whiskey." She laughs bitterly at the mention of him.

"You don't like him?"

"He is an ass, I don't trust him, nor does he trust me. But he is obligated to protect me because of my status. The only thing that is keeping him from kicking me out of Ba Sing Se." Zuko readjusts his position, shifting his weight from one foot to the other before resting his forehead on the back of her head. Ignoring how she smelled of vanilla and fresh-baked bread.

"...Why did you tell me all of these things? What was the point of it?"

"If you haven't noticed, Buzzcut, I am trying to...to..." She trails off, chewing on the inside of her cheek. She didn't want to use a strong word to describe to him why. That would just end up giving him a bad idea.

"...To be more of a friend than an enemy. At the end of the day, we are both just teenagers, kids. The grownups have become less and less aware of that. I may be Earth Kingdom, and you may be Fire Nation, but that doesn't mean that we should be mortal enemies." Zuko's mind wanders back to a month or so, remembering his first interaction with the girl currently in his arms. How the two worked together when they were captured by Zhao at the temple, and then when he rescued her and Aang, once again, from Zhao. And then, at the North Pole... How he didn't get injured from her screams. He still didn't even know what was up with that!

His point was... The two haven't really acted as enemies, if anything, more like childhood friends who just really hate each other but can't get rid of the other. Always crawling back because they missed their company.

And it was the same thing happening now, Himoko chose not to alert the King of him and his uncle's presence in the Lower Ring.

"...Friends, huh?" He didn't miss how her cheeks warmed, spotting the rest tints on the side of her cheek, "A grade lower than that! You know what I mean!" He smiles, before dropping it when he realizes that he just smiled at her getting flustered. 'Don't, Zuko.' He thinks to himself before distancing himself away from her to stop the thoughts from flooding in.

"Sure, sure. Alright, Rag Head, you have overstayed your welcome. I have work in the morning. Goodbye." He pushes her out of the apartment, ignoring her sputtering words, "H-Hey! So so so rude! What happened to your P-Princey Manners!"

"They died when I was banished." He sasses back quickly before shutting the door in her face, hearing her huff behind the door.

"Rude, Buzzcut!" He ignores her, making sure to lock the door, along with the deadbolt, before leaving to go to bed.

Himoko stands out there for a few seconds, her cheeks angrily puffed up like a little chipmunk who forgot where they hid all of their acorns- She was annoyed by the teenager for cutting the conversation short like that. Especially one as important as she was doing her best to explain. However, she couldn't exactly blame him for literally kicking her out, such a proposition from your 'enemy'? Yeah, she would have laughed in his face and kicked him into the afterlife as well.

She lets out a soft sigh, going to turn and walk back to the Upper Ring when she stopped, remembering what he called her.

"RAG HEAD? REALLY JUNIOR?!" Zuko smiles softly at the sound of her angry voice, closing his eyes snuggling more into the blanket to go to sleep. Iroh in the next room chuckles to himself, turning over onto his back, "What great kids..." He states tearfully.

---

In a gathering of tales amongst the others, the lonely Princess stood amongst the crowd, her tale of the day eluded to the search of Appa, using her expanse nature of the hearing. She searches for the flying bison, her eyes focused and hearing ranged out into the wild, beyond the walls of Ba Sing Se.

However, no matter how many times Aang whistled, she couldn't hear Appa. No cries, no rumbles of him walking, nothing. It was as if he- He no longer existed.

"Ah! You have got to be kidding me!" Himoko yells, smacking a nearby wall in anger with her fist before reeling it back, "Ow! Damn you wall for being cement!" She curses, holding onto her fist. "Himoko!" Sadem sighs out heavily, grabbing ahold of her fist to see how bad she hurt herself, his brows creasing, "Still nothing?" Aang asks her, his eyes saddened with the thought that if Himoko couldn't find him, then they never would.

"Sorry, Aang..." She tells him apologetically, disappointed in herself. Sadem frowns, noticing the shift in the atmosphere, "There is always tomorrow to try again. It doesn't help that you barely got any sleep last night, Your Highness." States Sadem, his brows creasing harshly down at her. Himoko gulps, chuckling nervously, "Uhh..."

"Yeah, I noticed." He flicks her forehead before looking to Aang, "Avatar, how far have you gone into the city?"

"Joo Dee only really took us on the main roads soo... Not very far?"

"Then he could still be here in the city. I will do my best to ask around with the other Agents if they have seen any sign of him. Or heard any rumors. Unlike popular belief, the Dai Li loves gossiping." Sadem smiles as he watches the young boy's frown quirk up in a grin, his eyes beginning to shine, "They really are like ladies of a court. Seriously, the amount of dirt I currently have on different city officials is amazing, and I have only been here for a couple of weeks!" Himoko jumps in, Aang's grin impossibly widening.

"Really?"

"Yes, really." Sadem raises Himoko's hand up more to his face, chewing on his tongue for a moment in thought. "We will start looking again tomorrow. For now, I have to go and sneak her into the infirmary before Long Feng has my head." Himoko sighs with a small nod, "Yeah, sorry Aang."

"It's okay! Go make sure that you didn't break your hand!" Aang tells her before throwing his arms around her, Sadem taking a step back to avoid getting smacked by his flailing arms. Himoko hugs him back, careful to not clap him on the back with her left hand like she usually would.

"Thank you, Aang." She kissed the side of his bald head before he lets go of her and steps away from her to flip open his glider, then takes off into the sky with a whoosh of air. "Shout if you need me, Aang!" She calls to him before he disappears from their sight.

"He is a good kid."

"Pfft, kid? He is a forever young grandpa." She smiles, her eyes beginning to widen in realization, "Holy shit, if the war never happened, and Aang never like got stuck in that ice sphere thing, he could legitimately be a Monk that could have taught me how to airbend! Like a literal parent!"

"Himoko, if the war never happened, you wouldn't have been born." She snickers, rolling her eyes, "Have good faith, half these people would probably still exist, including me~"

"No, I literally mean because your parents were from two different temples- Princess!" Sadem shouts after her when she begins to jogging away from him, earning some looks from the civilians carrying on their day. He releases a regretful groan, rubbing his face, 'Why did I agree to be her guard again?' He asks himself before running after her, knowing that if he were to lose sight of her, she would take off like an uncontrolled toddler and flip up into the clouds or something. Something she would do if she had the chance.

Himoko jogs down the streets, softly cradling her hand under her arm to avoid accidentally whacking it against a building or someone, Sadem making his way to her side, beginning to match his pace with her. She fights back a smirk, her light eyes casually looking around, admiring the bustling city, every person on their way to a certain destination, their own lives being played out in front of her. In their world, she was just a random stranger on the street, a bystander, a background character. While in her life, it was the same. All citizens of the Earth Kingdom, each individual in the background that she didn't know the names or families of. It was interesting to think about, each person you have spoken to just for a moment has their own family lineage, their own history, and complex personalities.

"Empty vessels, corrupted souls..." Himoko comes to a startling halt, Sadem walking a few more feet in front of her until he notices that she wasn't in his peripheral anymore. He turns, looking back at the teenager, watching her eyes scan around them more intensely than before, chewing on her bottom lip.

"Siren?" He states her disguise name, not wanting to call out the Princess' real name with so many people around, that would just cause them to get swamped. Something Sadem wasn't particularly fond of at the moment.

"Corruption my dear is all humanity is..." Himoko turned on her heel to her left, walking steadily with long strides. "H-Hey brat!" Sadem huffs, jogging up to her, the Adversary paying him no attention. "Innocence is only a falsehood, a false reality, and reckoning..." She continues to follow the voice, getting louder and louder with every person she passed by.

"Siren-!" Sadem goes to grab her shoulder but is left with grabbing air as she sprints off. "Seriously?!" He called after her, breaking out into a sprint to follow after her, silently whining to himself if only he had longer legs to catch up to her quicker.

Himoko makes a turn into an alley and up into the air she went, a gust of air leaving her feet, spinning to regain her balance, then landing on top of a shingled roof. She outstretches her arms upon impact, stabilizing herself on the slippery material. She listens in again, faintly hearing Sadem shout after her.

"Pure Innocence doesn't exist in this world, not when you are a baby, a child, an adult, an elder..." Continues the voice, drawling out her suspicions on who was speaking to her.

"Empty sacks of human meat, nothing but corrupted souls, are they truly worth saving, Adversary?" She swiftly turns around, rounding her leg up behind her body and up in the air, her foot making contact with a green iridescent hand. Her eyes narrow, staring at the spirit she had been warned about for the past few weeks.

"You must be, Frigg." The faceless spirit morphed its green head into that of a smile, pointed teeth shining at her menacingly.

"Now you pay attention, dear Adversary! Frankly, I am quite offended that you ignored me all this time!" Shouted Frigg, the smile morphing into a mocking pout, "Who wouldn't ignore a thing as annoying as you?" Spat out Himoko, picking underneath her nails. Frigg's head morphed again, a green tongue sticking out at her, "Quite rude! None of the other Adversary's were this mean!"

"And look where they ended up." She retorted quickly before jumping up into the air again, Frigg easily following her with a small hop off of the tiles, suspending themself into the air, face morphing into being without one. Himoko opened her glider, ignoring how her hand stung as she gripped ahold of the device, initiating aerial travel.

"Seriously?!" She could hear Sadem shout once he made up onto the rood, glancing down in her peripheral down at him, 'Sorry Sadem.' She apologized to him mentally before diverting her whole attention to the snotty devilish spirit gliding beside her.

"Don't be such a downer, every human dies eventually~" Himoko ignores the jab directed at her, steel gaze hardening as she travels the sky above Ba Sing Se, increasing her altitude to avoid people on the ground seeing her suspended high in the air.

"Aww, you ignoring me again?" Frigg pouts before gliding around her a couple of times, outstretching their green arms into a stretch before putting them behind their back, face morphing into pursed lips, "Adversary Princess Himoko of the Earth Kingdom Omashu, Heir to the Throne. Ya know, I can easily make all of your dreams come true, little dear one." Frigg begins to use their talents, putting her to the test as they slowly descend down onto the glider, Himoko noting to herself that they didn't weigh a thing. If she were to throw a punch at the green spirit, her hand would only go through them- But, Frigg could interact with their surrounding environment, with horrifying precision.

"Strike a deal with me, and I can guarantee a win. A win over this tireless war you are fighting against. As always, when it comes to a deal, you will have to uphold your end of the bargain." She feels a chill run down her spine, her heightened hearing picking up the bloodlust present deep in their voice.

"I can make you Queen of the Earth Kingdom, of Omashu! I can with a snap of my fingers, get rid of this war, I can, and will, be able to do this impossible endeavor without hardly ever breaking a sweat- Ahem, well, I can't exactly sweat anyway-! That isn't the point, Dear Adversary, I can give you what your heart truly desires, that is in my job description anyway." Their last words catch her attention, Himoko releasing a soft sigh, "Didn't realize that spirits help the economy now."

"Oh you aren't ignoring me anymore!" Frigg squeals in glee, turning onto their stomach on top of the glider, shifting their ethereal body to look down at the top of the girl's head. "Spirit economy, yes, human economy? Quite disastrous."

"Thanks for letting me know what type of spirit you are," Himoko states smugly, hissing when she suddenly felt nails digging into her scalp, Frigg forcing her head up, making her look up at them. A blank slate, no expression, no eyes, nose, ears, mouth- Nothing. Just green.

"Hahaha! You really actually bought that! I am no businessman, my dear! Oh how humourous you are! I am going to have such grand fun with you!"

"A Lust Spirit who makes deals with humans in high power to create chaos on the surface, typically these types of spirits stem from a past life as a human, who only bargained for power and greed, only to die by the hands of their own faults." Himoko slowly feels the tension of the nails digging into her head ease off of her, then no reply came from the spirit. For several minutes.

She glides back down to the height of the tallest houses in the Upper Ring, landing on the flat roof of a garden, closing her glider and looking around herself, to see Frigg nowhere in sight.

To Be continued

Hello all!

Look at me go on updating.

Shorter chapter this time, along with a shorter A/N as I am suffering from a headache- Which isn't relevant to the fact that I am now a bird mom. (PS follow me on Twitter I rant a lot on there)

Their names are Harold (Left) and Willow (Right). I love them very much.

I got them from my mom's friend who couldn't take care of them anymore. I plan on spoiling the hell out of them, they legit have one toy, they need more entertainment, my god.

Beginning of the chapter, we see a flashback, going more into detail and hinting on what life was like for Goan and Mia before the fire, and shows baby Himoko! It was about time really.

I wanted to write their dynamic more because we only got a small glimpse at it at the beginning of Sound Bender.

Which leads to the next thing- On average, there are only about maybe 5-8 chapters left of Sound Waves.

Yoooo look at me gooo~

And then on to Book Three!

I already have a cover and a name ready to go for it, but I won't be revealing them until later on, it is too early to reveal something like that.

Then we see a conversation between Himoko and Zuko, quite an interesting one as well, I will let you guys do your best to interpret what exactly was going on there :)

And then LA, LA FINALLY SPOKE TO HER.

Damn dude really left her on read-

Only took em 15.5 chapters to get around to actually talking to the damn girl geez-

Jokes aside, La also warns Himoko about Frigg and what could potentially happen. Himoko tells La that she has it all under control, until the next day, after not being able to locate Appa and hurting her hand, Frigg makes their first appearance, and actually speaks directly to Himoko! Surprisingly to her. We get to see Frigg's personality, which I do love writing them, very banter-filled and murderous intent~

Thank you all for reading! I am thankful that I managed to get a chapter out this month for you all before the holidays! I hope everyone has a good weekend/Thanksgiving to the people in the states, be safe, eat lots of yummy food, and I will talk to you all later! -Golden

Twitter: OriaHema

Wattpad: GoldenSapphire2

AO3: GoldenSapphire3

Tiktok: .golden.sapphire.cos

Total Pages: 17.6

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 493 21
We all have those weird dreams where we fight dragons, dream of a 'happily ever after'...or in my cousin Alice's case; make friends with a unicorn th...
660 60 18
┍━━━━━━┑ πŽππ†πŽπˆππ† ┕━━━━━━┙ ❛❛ You hit me in the helm with a mic stand?!❜❜ ❛❛ You...You're a Royal?! ❜❜ In which a soon-to-be high priest...
Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

312K 7.8K 114
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
Cursed By E.

Fanfiction

1.9K 72 18
Growing up, surrounded with mankind, Y/N figures she is just like them, until she finds out the truth of her kingdoms' past. Will her strength and a...