Ashes

By Nickey0398

•~BOOK THREE•~ Sequel to Bastard Child and Phoenix Mackinzy McCall and her friends thought life couldn't get... More

Ashes
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Voting for Book Four

Chapter Sixteen

717 18 0
By Nickey0398

Chapter Sixteen

Mac's POV

Derek and Braden arrived quickly after Scott's call. Satomi's pack sat together huddled in the corner with my aunt. The rest of us prepared for the upcoming fight. Chris was setting up the wall sensors and Braden was loading her gun. Scott walked past Kira, Isaac, and I who were sitting on the same table. He walked up to Derek who was watching Satomi's pack comfort each other.

"They'll be okay," Scott said to him.

"They've got claws and fangs. But they're not fighters." Derek replied.

"That's why I called you," Scott said. Derek walked toward the group of us.

"Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either," Derek said.

"That's why he called me," Braden said with a smirk.

"Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?" Kira said, worriedly.

"Knowing our luck," I said.

"It's not," Isaac said finishing the thought. Kira looked so hopeful but the rest of us knew better. We've been doing this too long to know that's just not how our lives went.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Braden asked.

"Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Stiles and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott told her.

"What if there is no stopping it?" We all looked at Brett who walked over to us. "What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" I sighed cause that's a big problem we're facing. It was quiet for a second as we all looked at each other.

"Then let's send a message. Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our dead pool." Derek said, filling us with inspiration.

"I'm cool with that," Isaac said with a smirk. He had a mischievous glint in his eye.

"No killing. I won't kill." Scott said. I groaned and glared at him.

"Scott, these people have literally been hunting us down and are being paid thousands, sometimes millions of dollars," I said. "If I'm going down, I'm taking a few to hell with me."

"Here, here," Isaac said.

~

I don't know how long we waited, but eventually, the hunters arrived. Chris's motion sensor started beeping.

"They're here," Chris called out and we all got ready. I could feel the fear coming off of everyone. It was so heavy that I could taste it. Suddenly, two smoke grenades were thrown into the room.

"Get back!" Braden yelled a second before they went off, filling the room with smoke. Everyone ran for cover and it was a good thing we did. Soon after the smoke covered the room, men when machine guns walked in and started shooting.

"Get down!" I yelled pulling Isaac down who was next to me. The group of hunters separated around the room, I let out shots from the gun, but the bullets kept coming. This gun wasn't gonna help me and those arrows sure won't be of any help. I threw the gun down went to get up. Isaac grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Mac, what the hell are you doing?" Isaac asked, pulling back to the ground.

"Taking them to hell," I said pulling away. I let my visit turn orange as I released my flames around me. The power felt stronger than it usually was. They were thick orange. Instead of my usual aura, the fire flickered around me, ready to burn all these hunters down. I stepped forward toward the enemy and looked back at Isaac.

"You coming?" I asked.

"Hell yeah." He said, his eyes turning yellow.

I made my way toward the closest gunman. He was shifting the opposite way, his back turned toward me. He turned when he felt the heat of my flames. Before he could shit his gun again, I grabbed it, burning so hot that the gun started melting. I used my other hand and punched him in his face. He screamed as his skin started burning, dropping to the ground in pain. I moved to my next victim.

I took down five or six more guys, but they kept coming. Another shot pierced my skin but with the flame around me, I automatically started healing. I looked around, not sure where to go. To my left, I saw Lori staring down the barrel of a gun. A red dot in the middle of her forehead.

"Lori!" I screamed and took off toward her. Just as the man was about to fire, Scott came up and kicked the guy down. I made my way to her, turning off my flame to pull her to safety. Scott was clawing at the hunter, over and over.

"Don't look, close your eyes," I said blocking her view of the violence. "Scott!" I yelled but he kept going. He guys spit up blood.

"He's gonna kill him!" Lori cried.

"Scott, stop!" I yelled but it was like he couldn't hear me. The guys put up his hands to block his face and Scott paused his actions. That's when I noticed the vibrations coming from multiple phones. Scott pulled a phone from the hunter's pocket. He looked at the screen and turned it to the man.

"Please, just let me go." The man begged. Scott moved off of his and the man scrambled away, holding a hand to his wounds. I watched as the remaining gunman slowly made their way out of the room.

"What the hell is going on?" I asked Scott.

"They stopped it." He said and I sighed in relief.

"Thank god," I said and looked at Lori who was clinging to my arm. "Let's go find your brother, huh?" She nodded and we went in search of him. I spared my brother another glance as I walked away, he had a haunted look on his face.

"Lori!" Brett called out in relief when he finally saw her. She ran to him, pulling him into a hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, seeing the red patches of blood from bullet wounds.

"I'll heal. What about you?" He asked me, pulling me into a hug as well.

"I'm good. I heal pretty quickly when I want to." I said. The three of us walked together to find everyone else.

"You know, you said you were a Phoenix but I never knew what that meant. I definitely wasn't expecting that." Brett said.

"Yeah, I still got a few tricks up my sleeve," I replied.

"You're definitely hotter than I thought you were." He said with a smirk. Lori scoffed and punched her brother in the side.

"Gross, Brett." She frowned. "Is this really the best time to be flirting with your girlfriend?"

"Weren't not dating." I clarified, yet again.

"Yet." He said, the smirk never leaving his face. I rolled my eyes playfully. We came upon the group of everyone else.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked Isaac, walking up and pulling him to a hug.

"We're all a little banged up, but we'll be fine." He said. I looked around the room and everyone seemed to be in one piece.

"Is it over? Really over?" Kira asked Scott. He sighed and looked at all of us.

"I really hope so." His face was stoic. I made a mental note to check in with him when we were alone. I know what he almost did is weighing heavily on his mind.

"Can we go home now? I wanna wash some of this blood off." I said, stepping over one of the fallen hunters.

—————————-

What did you guys think? I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I wish I was better at writing action scenes but, oh well.

We're almost to the end of the season. I'm excited! Not sure what's gonna come next, but we'll find out together.

Let me know what you think?

1381 words

#BlackLivesMatter

Remember Like, Comment, Share, ETC.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 1.7K 32
With the city in jeopardy, a family reunion is last on Oliver Queen's list, But when Aurora shows up after a tragic accident of her own, the Queen's...
1M 22.9K 32
-WINNER OF BEST KLAUS MIKAELSON FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) & BEST FAN-FIC (THE ORIGINALS) IN THE TVD FAN-FICTION AWARDS 2016 -WINNER OF BEST COMPLETED F...
382K 16.3K 59
in which it was first all a bet to him or in which she learns vulnerability
655K 40K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...