After The Ending

By hcneyed_toasties

π€πŸπ­πžπ« π“π‘πž 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐒𝐧𝐠 | ᴄᴏᴍΙͺα΄„s ❝ I want our future to be just like that, as happy as theirs. ❞ ✎ 𝐀�... More

KAIDA
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
FINAL CHAPTER
!!FUTURE FACTS!!

CHAPTER NINE

2.5K 72 6
By hcneyed_toasties

We didn't say anything and got back onto Appa looking for a spot to set up camp for the night. I sat there hugging my own knees still thinking of that stupid bug I coughed up. Why couldn't I just make faces like Aang? I gripped onto the shark tooth around my neck.
When we found a spot Zuko and I had taken the job of finding wood and rocks for the fire. Aang and Katara were going to watch over Azula while Sokka unloaded the things for dinner.
I had actually called to do the job alone because I was still embarrassed but Zuko had decided to join me and I couldn't necessarily stop him. I avoided looking at him the whole time.

"How do you feel?" He asked and I blushed.

"I threw up a whole bug!" I looked away. "It's so gross!"

I heard him softly chuckle and then his arms wrapped around me. "It was just your spirit guide or whatever..." Zuko said and I glared at him.

"That doesn't make it any less disgusting." I muttered and collected some wood.

"It's not that big of a deal either." He shrugged and kissed my temple. "Come on let's head back, this should be enough wood.

"Kiss me on the lips then." I spoke but I didn't actually want him too.

"Fine." He grabbed onto my arm and pulled me into a deep kiss.

"Zuko." I gasped but my lips stretched into a smile.

"I meant it Kaida." He continued to walk. "I want to prove that I will always love you."

I touched my lips and smiled before following him. That fear of Azula washed away as my body filled of joy.

"Spit up any more bugs?" Sokka asked as we came in.

I hit him with snow. "Shut it."

   We had dinner and Katara and I both had decided that were were gonna go to sleep. We said a good night to evereyone but neither of us bothered to get sleeping bags. We just laid on Appa.

˗ˋˏ 3RD PERSON POV ˎˊ-

Katara, Kaida, and Azula had fallen asleep, Aang was meditating on Appa, and Zuko and Sokka sat around the fire. The night was a bit chilly and it was noticeable by Azula who was curled up shivering.

"After everything that's happened, you're still gonna let her sleep with her hands unbound?" Sokka asked Zuko.

"She saved us from the moth-wasps, didn't she?" Zuko said looking at her "I'm giving her a chance."

"That's a whole lot of chances for someone who tried to fry you." Sokka replied.

"It'll be fine. Aang, Katara, Kaida, and I agreed to watch her in shifts through the night." Zuko replied then looked at Sokka. "Why are you still up?"

"I drank a ton of water trying to get the taste of moth-wasp out of my mouth. Now my bladder's-" Sokka explained.

"I get the picture, thanks." Zuko stopped him.

Sokka looked back at his own sisters. "Little cold tonight, isn't it?" He asked the boy.

"I thought you Water Tribe folks liked the cold." Zuko mentioned.

"Yeah." Sokka started getting up. "Maybe we've been away from home for too long."

Zuko got a glance at Kaida and thought about what she said about how she missed traveling. She probably wasn't sick of not traveling but home sick.
She was always waterbending in the garden so maybe she just didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Sokka covered both his sisters in blankets making sure to get Momo who was cuddled up to Katara and Ming who was cuddled up to Kaida. After smiling he returned to his spot to in front of the fire.

"After all those snowballs, you still look out for them." Zuko pointed out.

"I throw witticisms at them," Sokka smiled. "they throw snowballs at me. The relationships work."

"Seems to me like you're getting the shorter end of that deal." Zuko told him.

"Katara and Kaida are my sisters, when it comes to them, I don't mind getting the short end of the deal." Sokka looked at his sisters then back at Zuko. "Are you gonna dump Kaida now that you saw her throw up a bug?"

"Sokka, I don't plan on ever leaving her." Zuko said then Sokka smirked.

"Hey, it's your choice in the end." Sokka replied. "But she's still my sister and I can't let you hurt her."

Zuko thought about the sibling bond that the water tribers had with each other and he looked back at Azula. "Do you have another one of those blankets?" He asked Sokka

"Sure here." He handed him the blanket. "I need to go-"

"Thanks for the blanket." Zuko smiled and they went their separate ways.
Zuko placed the blanket on his sister but he noticed something sticking out of her boot, he took and and read it. A look of shock filling his face.

My Dearest Ikem,

It's taken me a long time to admit it, but you were right. I belong with you and nothing is worth this pain.
My one consoltation is our son Zuko. When I look into his eyes, it's as if I'm looking into yours.
My thoughts are with you always.

Love Ursa.

˗ˋˏ End of 3RD PERSON POV ˎˊ-

We woke up that morning and I realized that I never took my shift on watching Azula. I glanced over to see that Katara had been the last one to watch Azula.

"Sorry I didn't wake you." She apologized and I shrugged.

"It's okay." I replied. "Let me clean up, it's the least I can do, after you had taken over my shift."

She agreed to let me do so. Zuko and Aang told us they needed to talk so they left us and Azula was still sleeping so I thought we didn't have to worry that much for her.
   Sokka and I were just finishing packing when we heard Azula and she was grasping onto Katara's arm.

   "Get your hads off her, Azula!" Sokka threw his boomerang.

   "Katara," I ran to her side.

   "I'm okay." Katara replied. "She woke up all of the sudden and caught me by surprise."

"The letter! It's gone!" Azula yelled. Then she pointed her fists at us. "Where. Is. Zuko?!"

"Wait Azula-" She didn't even wait for me to finish, she shot fire at me but I ducked down and looked up to see she was gone.

"Fire!" Sokka called point to plants that did catch fire.

Katara and I tried to put out the fire but we didn't have much water to work with. Aang came back and helped us put the fire out but I worried about Zuko who had been left alone with his sister.
We finished putting the fire out just as Zuko and Azula came back.

"Aang, are we ready to leave?" Zuko asked.

"You sister set fire to half of the landscape." I told Zuko. It wasn't like he would do anything but I just wanted him to care.

"Even with Aang's help it took us until now to put everything out!" Katara told him.

"Nature hates you!" Sokka yelled at Azula.

"So uh.. you guys aren't fighting anymore?" Aang asked Zuko.

"We've arrived to an understanding." Zuko replied and glanced at me. "I..I'll tell you later."

He helped me onto Appa and Azula followed on behind him.

"That's what you said when the whole thing started!" Sokka yelled. "Since then she's tried to kill us, like, twelve times."

"Come on. Time to go to Hira'a." Was all Zuko said.

"Are you louts coming or not?" Azula asked them.

"It's not like we can leave without them." I spoke and crossed my arms.

————————
⭐️VOTE
💬COMMENT
Re-Edited; 7/14/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 861 25
Katara is becoming Queen of the Southern Water Tribe and needs to find a husband so her father puts on a challenge for the princesses hand. Things ha...
869K 23K 78
***CURRENTLY UNDER EDITING*** Broken, filled with loss, pain, and anger of her people's death... she could only hope she had died with them. An Air B...
16.2K 649 20
ᡃ αΆ»α΅˜α΅α΅’ Λ£ Κ³α΅‰α΅ƒα΅ˆα΅‰Κ³ - 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩π₯𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐝 - "π™ΊπšŽπšŽπš™ πš’πš 𝚊 πšœπšŽπšŒπš›πšŽπš..πš™πš•πšŽπšŠπšœπšŽ?" 𝙸 πš•πš˜πš˜πš”πšŽπš 𝚊𝚝 π™Έπš›πš˜πš‘ πšœπšŒπšŠπš›πšŽπš. βžͺ A story about a y...
98.4K 2.3K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...