The Mystery Within

By RSPBLiterature

Y/n has led a dark mysterious life up until this point. But finally fed up with not knowing if he will even l... More

1. Welcome to Crystal Cove
2. Beware the Beast Below
3. The Creeping Creatures
4. The Secret of the Ghost Rig
5. Revenge of the Man Crab
6. The Song of Mystery
7. The Legend of Alice May
8. In Fear of the Phantom
9. The Grasp of the Gnome
10. Battle of the Humungonauts
11. Howl of the Fright Hound
12. The Secret Serum
13. The Shrieking Madness
New Cover Art
14. When the Cicada Calls
15. The Wild Brood
16. Where Aphrodite Walks
18. The Dragon's Secret.
19. The Menace of Manticore
20. Attack Of The Headless Horror
21. A Haunting in Crystal Cove.
22. Dead Justice
23. Pawn of Shadows
24. All Fear The Freak.
25. The Night the Clown Cried
26. House Of The Nightmare Witch
27. The Night The Clown Cried II: Tears of Doom
28. Web Of The Dreamweaver.
29. The Hodag of Horror.
30. Art of Darkness.
31. La casa è dove si trova il cuore
32. The Night On Haunted Mountain
33. Grim Judgement.
34. Night Terrors.
35. The Midnight Zone.
36. Scarebear
37. Wrath of Krampus.
38. Theatre Of The Doomed
39. Aliens Among Us
40. The Horrible Herd.
41. Dance Of The Undead
42. The Devouring
43. Stand And Deliver
44. The Man In The Mirror
45. Nightmare In Red
46. Dark Night Of The Hunters
47. Gates Of Gloom.
48. Through The Curtain.
49. Come Undone
50. 15 Years Later

17. Escape From Mystery Manor

10.9K 372 197
By RSPBLiterature

It's Halloween on a night from decades ago. Pumpkins lit up the steps to a mansion that sat at the end of a pathway. A small girl in a costume walked up the stairs now with here trick or treat bag in hand. As she reached the door she took a hold of one it's knockers and knocked. The door slowly opens now. 

"Trick or Treat!" The little girl says happily but suddenly she gasps when an elderly man appears in the doorway holding a strange look item. 

"You'll never get this from me, you little brats. Never. Argh!" He says but a woman who looks to be his wife tackles him to the ground now and tires to take the item from him. 

The little girl screams now as she runs away. 

"It's mine!" The wife says.

"Give it to me!" A young teenage girl says appearing to be the daughter as they all fight over the strange item now.  A little boy comes into the struggle now and after the item changes hands several times he lifts it in the air. 

"I have it! I have it!" He chants. But before any of the family members can try stealing it back a rumbling begins to occur as the house shakes as if an earthquake hit it. 

"Daddy? Mommy? What's going on?" The little boy asks now. 

Outside the large mansion begins to sink into the ground as it disappears with the family still inside screaming. 

It's present day now and the Mystery gang were all at the K-Ghoul station. 

"Angel Dynamite coming at you with the spinners spinning round for all you sinners in this town. Be right back, Dig?" Angel says as she cuts to an ad break. She now gets up to look at the Mystery gang who have set a planning board. 

"Okay kids, lay it on me. And don't hold out on me." Angel says to them. 

"Here are the clues we have so far that we know are linked to the curse of the haunted treasure.  One the locket we found in the Crystal Cove caves which has the the picture of Brad Chiles and Judy Reeves from the original Mystery Inc inside. Two, Professor Pericles, also a member of the original Mystery Inc who escaped from prison and then vanished without a trace. Three, the Darrow family who disappeared along with their mansion nearly 75 years ago without a trace. Which leads us to four, Mr E. A mysterious ally who's been leaving us clues to help solve this mystery...which we still haven't solved." Velma says as she finishes explaining. 

"Mr E left this on my doorstep last night." Angel says now as she hands a book to the gang. 

"Weird it doesn't have the standard letter E stamped on the front." Daphne says and Y/n's brows furrow slightly at the comment. "Daphne opens up the book now. 

"Dear Diary. Man I dig Ricky. Last night I fantasized that he took me in his big strong arms on a magic carpet ride all the way to the mysterious perfumed gullies of Romancylvania." Daphne reads out as the boys all cringe slightly. "This belonged to Cassidy Williams of the original Mystery Incorporated." 

Angel scratches her chin now. "Try the last entry before they disappeared." She suggests now. and Daphne flips to the end of the book. 

"Dear Diary. In our quest to track down the cursed treasure we leave tonight to search of the site of the old Darrow mansion."

"That is odd. I believe the newspaper article we read said they disappeared from the Crystal Cove Caves." Y/n says and Velma nods her head in agreement. 

"That mansion used to stand where Darrow College is now." Angel says as she looks it up on her phone. 

The gang were now at the Darrow college as they made there way though a boiler room. 

"The boiler room is the lowest point in the entire college. If the mansion is underneath this'll be the best access point." Velma says. 

"It also means that our means of entry is likely to be dangerous, we should be careful." Y/n says and Fred nods his head.

"Let's start searching gang. If we're lucky we'll find a clue that will help us." Fred says.

"We'll need to be patient, this could take hours of careful searching..." Velma starts but she is interrupted by Daphne announcing she had found something and she points it out to everyone.  Y/n and Fred move a large box that was covering a hole and Scooby sniffs it now.

"It looks like a chimney." Scooby says. 

"Yeah and I don't think Santa's been down it for a while. Ho, Ho." Shaggy says nervously as he looks down. 

"I wonder where it leads." Daphne says. 

"There's only one way to find out." Fred says.

"Fred's right." Y/n sighs as he takes his coat off now. "I'll go first and see if it's safe." 

"Here let me take that." Daphne says indicating to Y/n's coat. 

"Thank you." Y/n says handing it to her. He looks down the chimney now and grimaces. "Well, here goes nothing." He steps forward and immediately begins to fall down the chimney in an uncomfortable fall before he lands.

"It's all clear. Come on down!" Y/n calls back up the chimney.

"Oh! Me next!" Fred says as he excitedly jumps down. 

"Catch me Y/n!" Daphne says now as she jumps down holding his coat. 

Y/n was stood with his arms open as Daphne came down through the Chimney hole and he caught her.  "Nice catch." Daphne says as Y/n sets her down. 

"Okay Velma come on down next." Y/n calls out and she soon jumps down to be caught by him as well. 

"Thanks." Velma says. 

"No problem." Y/n replies as he looks up at the hole now. 

"Scooby? Shaggy?" He calls. 

"Like dude. Time to drop out of college. Ha, ha." Shaggy jokes and Scooby laughs before they jump down the chimney and join the others. As they land however a wall rises in the fireplace sealing off their escape.

"It's sealed shut..." Fred says feeling the wall.

"Is everyone alright?" Y/n asks.

"Like define alright?" Shaggy asks as he rubs his head. 

Daphne hands Y/n his coat back now and he thanks her as he puts it on.  

"Where are we?" Daphne asks as she looks around the rundown room. 

Velma pulls put an old map now. "If I'm not mistaken, This is the old Darrow Mansion." 

An old radio is soon heard kicking into life and it gets the gangs attention as someone begins to speak on it. "Welcome back, Mystery Incorporated. I see you brought a new friend along to help but this time, You'll never leave." The voice begins to laugh.

"Who are you? and how do you know us?" Fred asks.

"I'm surprised you've forgotten, Mr Perfect Big Chin man." The voice on the radio says as Fred scratches his chin. 

"Um, Have you two met?" Daphne asks Fred.

"Oh Yes. Yes, I've been waiting a long, long time...and I'm ready for your return. Mystery Incorporated will not get out of this mansion alive this time!" The voice claims.

"This time?" Y/n asks.

"Now, in honour of your return I've set some special traps." The voice on the radio says.

"Did you say traps?" Fred asks excitedly and Y/n just shakes his head.   

"That's right. Specially designed for my old visitors, Brad. You too Judy, Cassidy, Ricky and of course the ever cunning Professor Pericles."

"Excuse me, demented speaker, sir there's a misunderstanding, See we're not..." 

"Enough! You'll never get my treasure! Ha, Ha, Ha!" The man laughs on the speaker. "And you'll never make it out of here alive."

"Like why does he keep saying that?" Shaggy asks.

"Why does he keep thinking I'm a bird?" Scooby asks.

"He seems to think you are the original members of Mystery Incorporated. Y/n says. 

"Like then who are you supposed to be then Y/n?" Shaggy asks. 

"An outsider, Someone new to stage. One thing is certain however, He's confident which means he's dangerous. We should be careful." Y/n says seriously but he turns to see Fred stood in a daze. "Fred." He call but gets no response. "Fred!" Y/n calls out a little louder this time and gets his attention. 

"Sorry, I stopped paying attention after he said traps." Fred says and he giggles to himself.

"Like, I got an idea. Let's get out of here before we step in one." Shaggy says as he turns to walk away but as he does he actives a pressure plate in the flooring and a large hole opens up where wooden stakes lay ready for people to fall onto them.  Shaggy and Scooby luckily stop before they can fall in.

"Way to go genius." Scooby says.

"Stay calm, gang." Fred says now as he quickly becomes confident. and he moves over to Scooby and Shaggy and begins to move them backwards to the rest of the gang. "Clearly that crazy adult expects us to panic and run for the door stepping on a pressure switch that's no doubt under that Persian rug." Fred says pointing out to a rug. "However, cool logic tells me these traps must have a bypass switch which is located...right over there." Fred says pointing to a painting. 

"A boy with an ax and a hat?" Daphne asks.

"Ax. hat. "Ax hat. Exit." Fred says. "No doubt behind that painting. Follow me gang." He moves the painting now but as he does several traps in the room get activated. Shaggy and Scooby have to duck to avoid a giant circular saw that falls from the ceiling. While a lit lantern explodes near Y/n, Daphne and Velma pushing them back. The small flame burns the edges of a carpet the three are stood on and a net trap springs into life covering the three and trapping them. 

"Wow, the calabash gambit. I've only read about that in books." Fred says impressed. 

"Fred...If these traps don't kill you. I may." Y/n says feeling his patience running low. Above the three now however is a large log being held up by a small rope but it was beginning to fray. Y/n tries to move but in the limited space he has with three people in the trap he can't pull out his pocket knife. "Damn I can't reach into my coat. Fred it's up you to get us out of this."

"I've been preparing for a master-trapper showdown like this my entire life." Fred says as he quickly begins to fiddle with items in the room. He luckily is able to deactivate the net trap just in time. The rope snaps and Y/n quickly pushes Daphne and Velma out of the way before he jumps to the side to avoid being crushed by the falling log that just barely misses him. However with the commotion more traps are set off in his vicinity and he has to acrobat through them in order to avoid being either crushed or stabbed to death.  The gang all rush into the hall now as several weapons fall from the ceiling barely avoiding them. 

"Is everyone all right?" Fred asks. 

"We better stick close together, We're stuck in this lunatics haunted house and he's set up traps everywhere, We have no choice now but to play his game." Y/n says but just as he finishes his sentence Daphne wraps her body around one of his arms.  "Daphne, I didn't mean that close" Y/n says.

"Sorry. It's just get so enthralling when you take control." Daphne says with a smile as she lets go of his arm now.  

Fred, Shaggy, Scooby and Velma all look at one another slightly confused now. 

"Um, Is there something going on between you two?" Velma asks Y/n and Daphne now.

Y/n and Daphne look at each other.  "We have... decided to go on a date." Daphne says slightly sheepishly now as she looks at the gang.

"That..." Fred starts. "That's awesome you guys. Good luck you two!" He then adds. Y/n and Daphne then look at each other before Y/n turns back to the gang now. 

"We can talk about this more later. Right now our objective is to get out of here." He says and everyone nods becoming serious as they know he is right. 

Fred notices a set of Crystal Door knobs now. "Hey check it out." He says getting everyone's attention. "If I do this..." He twists them in a seeming combination and the doors open. "Hah no one can touchy Freddy Jones." Fred declares but as the gang walk in the doors close behind them and the floor open with everyone falling through it.  

Y/n groans as he slowly opens his eyes. His eyes soon adjust to the small amount of light that fills the room. He tries to move but he can feel his hands and feet have been tied to a chair. It's now that Y/n can Fred wo has also been tired to a chair and Daphne who appears to have been chained to sofa. Both Fred and Daphne start to wake up now as they groan. 

Where? Where are we?" Daphne asks as she looks around. 

"I don't know." Fred says but the sound of a radio comes to life and gets the three's attention as the man from earlier can be heard laughing before he starts to cough. 

"You think you're clever with traps, do you? Here Brad, Judy and your little friend. Is where things get truly diabolical." 

"Our names aren't Brad and Judy." Daphne says annoyed now. 

"You're wasting you're time trying to confuse me Judy for this is just a recording of my voice that can't answer you." The man on the radio says.

"So then why did you reply?" Y/n asks.

"Okay, fine, fine! I'm here. You're quick. But are you quick enough for my next trap? Please take note that you are in a swimming pool."

"You call this a trap, radio voice? You forgot to fill it up with water. We can breathe down here for decades." Fred says confidently but water slowly begins to come out and his smile disappears. "Give or take."

"I've arranged this trap around the theme of love, Brad your girl there has always wondered how much you love her now's you're chance to prove it." The man on the radio says and Fred, Daphne and Y/n look at each other awkwardly. 

"Brad, You and you're friends chairs are free to float. Her love seat however is chained to the bottom of the pool. Attached to that float behind you is an eggbeater. Next to the pool is a hammer. By the door is a screwdriver. A large rock sits on the pool deck. If you're clever enough you can escape this trap or... you can stay faithfully with the girl you love. Let's just hope whatever stuff you're made of floats!" The man on the radio laughs. 

"Well this is..." Y/n starts.

"Awkward." Daphne finishes. She looks at Fred now. "What do you think?" She asks him. 

"This man, this fiend, he's a genius! I mean I've studied some brilliant trap makers but this guy tops them! The slow filling pool thing, and those little clues that seem to make no sense, wow! I mean Fleebermeyer tried something similar in 41 but this guy..."

"Fred!" Y/n says angrily now stopping Fred. "Daphne's life is on the line here." He says seriously reminding him. "Be honest with us. Can you beat this trap?" Y/n asks him now.

"Honestly I don't know this guy's trapping is seriously amazing." Fred replies and Y/n groans and throws his head back now.

"Okay, Okay, I know a way to get out of this, but it's going to hurt... Alot." Y/n sighs as he looks around hoping to find something that will give him an alternative to what he has in mind.

"What do we have to do?" Daphne looks worried now by the way Y/n is talking. "How badly are we going to get hurt?" She asks.

"Well on the bright side for you two It's just me that's going to get hurt. Y/n sighs and he closes his eyes. "Here goes nothing..." Y/n says and he begins to move in his chair causing it to rock from side to side before it reaches the tipping point. Y/n leans his body to a certain angle that causes the chair and his body to land on top of his hand breaking it under the pressure. "Fuck!" Y/n shouts angrily unable to remain his normally calm and composed self  as he clenches his teeth in extreme pain.

"Y/n! Are you okay!?" Daphne quickly asks worried.

Y/n lies there for moments he tires to wait for the pain to die down but it never does. He doesn't reply to Daphne either now as he starts to fidget with with his hands. He clenches his teeth again now as the pain becomes overwhelming but he keeps going until finally he slips his broken hand through the ropes and they loosen allowing him to now easily slip the unbroken one out.

"Alright Y/n you're out!" Fred says and Y/n takes a moment as he breathes deeply.

"Not yet I'm not." Y/n says as he slowly uses his unbroken hand to untie the knots that keep his feet to the chair and he is finally free as he painfully and slowly rises to his feet. "Fred try make your way to me." Y/n instructs now as Fred starts to shuffle his chair towards Y/n. As he reaches him Y/n slowly falls to his knees with the remaining strength he has starting to wain. The water had reached up to Y/n's knees now as he finally undoes the knots on Fred's hands.

"Leave the rest to me now Y/n." Fred says determined as he undoes the knots to around his feet then breaks free of the chair and helps Y/n to the pool edge now before helping him out to safety.

"The water it's rising faster..." Y/n comments and he looks around now. "The rock..." He points  tiredly now as he sits at the pool edge, his suit pants soaked and blood dripping from his hand as the adrenaline starts to wear off and the pain in his hand gets worse. "Use it to break Daphne's chains...."     

Fred looks at the rock now and nods quickly understanding. He runs around the pool to pick up the rock on the other side. He dives into the pool as the water had risen close to Daphne's neck now. Fred raises the rock above his head now and Daphne closes her eyes as Fred slams it down but luckily his aim proves good as he hits the chain holding Daphne down and it breaks. Daphne moves quickly now as she rises to the surface properly and both she and Fred swim over to Y/n now. 

"Y/n!" Daphne says as she gets out the pool and rushes to his side and she can see the clear pain and discomfort he is in. "That was stupid! Why would you do that we could have worked something else out." She says   

"Because...we were running out of time. And you were in danger."  Y/n says looking at Daphne now.

"Y/n..."  Daphne says.

"Now that was an incredible trap!" Fred says ruining the moment and Daphne groans.

Meanwhile in another room Scooby, Shaggy and Velma were all asleep on what appeared to be a kitchen floor as Velma held Shaggy's arm in her sleep. Shaggy was the first to wake. "Like, Where are we?" He asks casually but then notices an elaborate trap amount of thin wires that have been set up all around them. "Zoinks!" He cries and it wakes up both Velma and Scooby. The three look up and dangling high above them is a large assortment of sharp kitchen utensils. 

A radio in the room sparks into life now. "You are nearly at your moment of doom! Well two of you are anyway. ha ha ha!" The old man's voice can be heard laughing. "Someone in this room is a big, fat, insecure know it all. But only the truly smartest member of your party can figure out this trap and escape to live. ha,ha,ha." The voice laughs again. "Good luck." The radio dies out. 

"Big, fat, insecure know it all?" Shaggy repeats now.

"Who's rat?" Scooby asks.

"Oh come on. I wouldn't exactly describe myself as big or fat or insecure...Am I?" Velma asks the two but they just blink. "Why aren't you two agreeing with me?" Velma says annoyed now. 

"What? Huh, Oh. sorry. You're awesome." Scooby says now.

"And like besides, you're the only one who can get us out of here." Shaggy says. 

"Yeah." Scooby says nodding his head.

"Better." Velma says smiling now. "Good thing I've picked up Y/n's habit of bring along a multi purpose tool." She says now as she takes out what appears to be a Swiss army knife. She proceeds to cut a nearby wire, as she does however a cupboard opens and a pair of knifes coming flying out of it just narrowly missing Scooby and Shaggy. 

"Jinkies!" Velma says surprised and she puts away the tool now. "Maybe in this instance I'm not the smartest member he is talking about." She says now. "But It couldn't be you could it?" Velma asks Shaggy. He looks at a wire but scratches his head. 

"Nope. Not me." Shaggy replies and the two turn to Scooby Doo who gulps.

"Me?" Scooby asks.

"You're all we have left pal." Shaggy says. 

"Follow your intuition, Scooby Doo." Velma says. 

Scooby begins to sniff the air now and it doesn't take him long to pick up the scent of something. Using his smaller frame he is able to manoeuvre his way through the wires without setting them off. 

"Just look at him, There's no way a human physique could wind it's way through all those tripwires." Velma comments as Scooby makes his way to the other side of the room now. 

"Ta-Dah!" Scooby says. 

"Way to go, Scoob!" Shaggy cries out. "But how'd you know how to get over there?" Shaggy asks.

Scooby giggles. "I smell food." He says and picks up a piece of seedcake that is on the counter beside him. He picks it up and tries to eat it now but immediately coughs and the seedcake along with a piece of paper fly into an unimpressed Velma's face. She grumbles and wipes her face clean before noticing the paper now.

"It's a clue. It says that to deactivate the traps in this room simultaneously apply pressure to the four gray floor tiles next to you." Velma says to Scooby. He looks at the floor and does as moves to do as she instructs. As Scooby does so the wires unlock but no weapons fire leaving the three now safe.

"We're free! ha ha. You did it pal!" Shaggy says as he gets up and hugs Scooby.

"Of course it all makes sense. As the smartest I decided to let Scooby get us out of this." Velma says holding up the paper now but Shaggy looks at it now. 

"But like, this clue is written for Professor Pericles, not Scooby doo." He points out. 

"Ah, So in the old Mystery Incorporated Professor Pericles was the smartest. He would have been drawn to the seedcake and then used his wings and claws to press the tiles. It all makes sense guys." Velma says but as she turns she can see Scooby and Shaggy have left. "Guys? Hey wait for me!" She says leaving the room now.

As she exits she can see Shaggy and Scooby up ahead. Ahead of them is Y/n, Daphne and Fred coming down the hallway. 

"Oh thank goodness you're safe." Daphne says says seeing Velma and the others.

"Jinkies! What happened to Y/n?" Velma asks seeing Y/n stood with his arm in a bloodied sling now.

"We were caught up in a trap and Y/n had to...break his own hand in order to get us out alive." Daphne roughly explains.

"It was awesome!" Fred says with a smile.

"Zoinks! Like we just got caught up in a trap too." Shaggy says.

"We've made it past the traps. Now let's just focus on getting out of this place." Y/n says.  

The gang all turn to a large set of stairs near them now and together they ascend them.

They soon reach a room at the top of the stairs. Fred carefully opens the door and everyone slowly makes their way inside. The room was fairly empty save for a chair sat in the middle of the room surrounded by speakers connected to pipes. The room was lit by a fireplace in the in front of the chair and in it sat a large pot. Daphne notices something now. 

"A Radio microphone, This must be where that crazy voice guy is broadcasting from." She works out.

"And look at all there old listening tubes. I bet he could follow our progress anywhere in the mansion." Velma points out.

Scooby sniffs now but makes a disgusted face as he walks over to the pot in the fireplace. Inside it appears to be several rats cooking. 

"Like, whoever this guy is let's not invite him over for dinner." Shaggy whimpers.

"Don't worry the only dinner being served tonight will be you." A voice says from a nearby closet as the voice appears from behind it's door.

 "No one outwits Danny Darrow!" The little old man says as he grabs a fire poker. He goes to hit the gang and they close their eyes. A few seconds go by however and they don't feel anything as they all slowly re-open their eyes and let out a gasp of shock as they see Y/n stood with the poker trapped in his unbroken hand. 

"W..What!? Impossible." Danny says as he tries to pull the poker out of Y/n's grasp but even with one hand Y/n grasp proves too strong as he rips it from Danny's own hands now. 

"I only broke one hand in your stupid little trap, not both..." Y/n says now as he stares down at Danny who backs away slightly. As Y/n get closer and closer Danny backs up more fearfully until he finds he is back in the cupboard. Fred wastes no time as he shuts the door trapping Danny and Scooby and Shaggy lean against it now to prevent Danny from opening it.

"That's little Danny Darrow? He's lived down here all these years?" Daphne says. 

"You stay out of my room! Stay away from my treasure!" Danny barks from behind the door. 

"Why does he keep talking about a treasure?" Velma asks. 

"Let's search the room and find out." Y/n says as he drops the fire poker now and he looks at his hand to see a large red mark where he had caught it in his hand but he shakes it off as miniscule compared to the pain he was still going though in his other hand. 

The remaining Mystery Inc members fan out as they search the room. It's not until Fred moves a desk do they find anything worthy. A small artefact falls out of a crack in the wall from where the desk is. 

"What is that?" Velma asks as she notices it now. 

"It looks like some sort of puzzle piece." Y/n comments as he looks at it.

Fred moves the desk in front of the closet door now. "Let's just get out here." 

Danny manages to break part of the closet door now. "My treasure! My Treasure!" He says armed with another poker that had been in the closet. "Give it back!" 

"Let's go!" Y/n says as he points to a hole in the wall and ushers everyone through it before he goes last. Danny begins thrusting the poker through the wall now as tries to hit one of the gang. They all start to run now but as they turn a corner the floor they are on gives way causing them to fall through it and onto a floor below. 

"Like, we're trapped!" Shaggy says as he recognises the room to be the one the gang had first ended up in when they arrived at the Darrow mansion. 

"Not yet we aren't." Velma says as she pulls out some plans she had taken from Danny's room. 

"Sorry Velma." Fred says now as he takes them from her. "But these blueprints belong in the hands of a trapping professional." Fred says confident now. "When history writes it's final passage and we are but dust this day will be sung of in the musical of time. Two trap masters born of flesh but skilled by gods facing each other other with traps on the field of battle the acrid air burning in their lungs!" 

"What's up with Fred?" Scooby asks confused. 

"He's just in a zone, It'll pass. If not we'll spray him with some water." Daphne sighs. 

"Well as long as he hurries up, I really could use some painkillers from the hospital." Y/n says.

Fred picks up a rope and some duct tape that seemed to be lying around. "Now follow me to victory!" He cries. 

Danny was running around the house kicking random doors down as he desperately searched for the gang. As he ran down a hallway he passed by a laundry shoot but Scooby's voice could be heard coming from it as he tired to imitate a woman's voice.  "Danny Darrow. Danny Darrow." 

"What's that?" Danny says confused.

"This is your mother speaking." Scooby says and Danny turns to the laundry chute now. 

"Mommy? You came back to me?"  He opens the chute but as he does he sees Scooby inside and he growls. "Argh! You're not my mommy!" He leaps to grab Scooby but misses and ends up flying down the chute into a full laundry basket. It rolls along some tracks and Danny gets launched into a nearby dumbwaiter that takes him back up to the floor he was just on, however the dumbwaiter's platform now catapults Danny into a nearby Piano with the lid closing on top of him effectively trapping him. 

"Way to go gang!" Fred says now as he and Shaggy take off the lid and Danny is revealed to be wrapped up in Piano wire and keys as he groans.

"Who's been served now huh?" Fred asks Danny. 

"I won't deny it, you are a worthy opponent. But the real ace in your deck is the fellow with the broken hand. I never imagined someone would go so far to save someone." Danny says.

"Don't underestimate what a desperate man will do to save the people he cares about." Y/n says seriously and Daphne finds herself unintentionally blushing.

"Was that a Gainsborough stratagem you used back there?" Danny asks Fred now. 

"You recognised it You know, I thought at first I'll go with the Orpheus proposition but I didn't have any milk." 

Daphne and Velma look at each other and shake their heads. 

"Fred, focus on the task at hand please. I want to get out of here." Y/n says using what little patience he had left.

"What's the big idea trying to kill us! and what's with this thing?" Velma says as she holds up the puzzle piece now. 

"My treasure." Danny says. "I thought you had returned to steal it." 

"Returned? I think you have us confused with the original Mystery Inc." Daphne says now.

"Say...now that you mention it...you don't look anything like I remember you, especially that parrot over there." Danny says looking at the gang and he hangs his head low now. "I've made a terrible, terrible mistake. What has become of me?" He sighs. "I suppose it started that Halloween night. My family came upon a mysterious artefact, a key to finding the great cursed treasure rumoured to lie beneath Crystal Cove. It corrupted us with greed. I had just gotten my hand on it when the Earth shook and swallowed our entire house. My loved ones grew old and passed all around me, but I hardly even noticed. Then those meddling kids showed up. They were after my treasure, I knew it...So I spied on them and I booby trapped the whole house in ways that would prey upon their weaknesses. Eh but they left." Danny says as he removes the Piano keys and wire now. 

"So you've been waiting for them to come back all this time" Y/n asks him.

"Truth be told I kind of lost track. Has it really been that long? How do I look? Haven't let myself go have I?" Danny asks the gang now. 

"Uh, no." Fred quickly says.

"You look fine." Scooby says joining in. 

"Danny...You've been down here 75 years..." Y/n says. 

"My...has it really been that long?" Danny says. "My whole life has been a waste." He sighs. The house begins to rumble now now. 

"What's going on?" Shaggy asks worried. 

"All those traps going off must have awakened the area's fault line." Danny says now as the house begins to split in half with the gang on one side and Danny on the other. 

"Quick grab my hand!" Fred says to Danny. 

"Don't worry about me!" Danny cries back as the gap increases between them all. A large hole begins to form in the ceiling giving passage to light and offering a route back to the surface. "Now's your chance for escape." Danny says. 

"But your treasure." Velma calls out. 

"Keep it! and may it bring you more happiness than it ever brought me." Danny says.  Now go!" He cries. The gang start to move while Y/n and Danny look at one another.

Y/n raises his his hand with his index and middle finger pointing up, then down, then they go left to right. "Forse dio benedica la tua anima mentre passi alla prossima vita." Y/n says calmly.

"Thank you son...now go!" Danny says understanding what Y/n was doing. Y/n turns around now as he joins the others and they start to flee to to the surface. Velma was just ahead of him and she trips as the hole begins to close up. Y/n helps her up with his free hand and the two make it out as the hole closes behind them. 

"After all that, he saved us." Daphne says,

"No, I think we saved him." Y/n says and Daphne turns to him. 

"What did you say to him as we were leaving?" She asks. 

"I said a final prayer for his soul." Y/n says knowing that Danny was giving up his life as the house broke up.

The gang look slightly glum now and Velma holds up the puzzle piece again now. 

"Like, didn't he say this wedge was..." Shaggy starts.

"Cursed." Scooby finishes.

"Whatever it is. It's our responsibility now." Fred says. 

"The question is, are the other pieces out there and if there are who else is looking for them?" Y/n proposes now and everyone looks at each other unsure.

Mayor Jones was sat in his car nearby as could see the gang. He started it up and began to drive away.

 "I know some people who deal in antiques, I'll ask if they have seen anything similar in description to this." Y/n says as he sits down tired now. "But first let's get me to the hospital." 

Daphne crouches down now and pecks Y/n on the cheek "You were very brave down there." 

And that's the chapter! So the gang have all discovered a mysterious disc piece? What does this mean for the Mystery gang and their investigation? If you liked this chapter or just the story in general then don't forget to leave a vote and a comment and I shall see you all next week in...

The Dragon's Secret

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.4K 38
I only looked up at the two after it got quiet, I could only shake my head at the two. "I love you idiots." I mumble grinning from ear to ear. I took...
83 7 3
Isabella Jones, older sister to Fred Jones. She's good friends with the gang! She also experiences great things along the way! And she knows the trut...
2.1K 96 9
The Mystery Gang has stopped in a small town, and have caught wind of a missing children's incident. However, after a few nights, they find that ther...
118K 1.3K 13
Zoinks! Two years after a clash of egos forced Mystery Inc. to close its doors, Scooby-Doo and his clever crime-solving cohorts Fred Jones, Daphne Bl...