23. Pawn of Shadows

We just hit 80k thank everyone :D

It was 20 years ago and the old mystery incorporated gang were running up a hill. At the top of the hill was a large abandoned church and the group reach it now.

"Are you sure that thing came in here Brad?" A girl asks him.

"It's the only way it could have gone." Brad says.

"For real, maybe we should call the local smoky to handle this." A nervous teen says. 

"Ricky's right. That thing didn't exactly look human. It had horns." Another girl says. 

 "The real question is, did we chase it here, or were we led here on purpose?" A parrot on Ricky's shoulder asks.

Something moves in the rafters above now prompting the parrot to fly off Ricky's shoulder now to investigate.

"Ah! Professor Pericles, no. Come Back." Ricky cries as he chases after him worried. His chases leads him to the old church organ and as Ricky steps up on it the y keys go down and the organ blares. The other teens groan as they cover their ears with the noise. Ricky begins to climb up the organ's pipes now but with how much the church had deteriorated over the years the pipes begin to collapse with Ricky falling to the ground. He quickly moves to hide under the organ as the other teens move the pipes collapse to the ground with a parchment being revealed to be stuck between the pipes. 

Professor Pericles returns now as he lands on the now fallen pipes. "False alarm, It was just a possum." He says before licking his beak. "Delicious."

Ricky moves from under organ now but receives a harsh glare. "Sorry." He says but it's now he notices the parchment in the pipes. "Whoa, far out. What's that?" He asks. 

Brad being the closet picks it up as he unfurls it. It's revealed to be a scroll depicting a completed planispheric disc. "What is this?" He asks confused by it as the rest of the group crowd around now.

"No idea. But I can't wait to find out." Professor Pericles says looking at it.  

Unaware to the group who were caught up in the parchment was a figure who sat and watched them. "From six to one, the spell is spun. No time to run. The curse begun." It recites to itself.  

It was present day and the Mystery gang are at the K-Ghoul Station. Shaggy and Scooby were busy in Angel's kitchen as they dumped several ingredients into a boiling pot. 

"What are you clowns doing in my kitchen?" Angel asks them.

"Like, we're just making breakfast dude." Shaggy says. 

"Yeah. Gotta start the day off right." Scooby says.

"If something living crawls out that pot I will not hesitate to devastate. Dig?" She tells them.

Nearby Velma was sat looking a the Planispheric disc under a microscope

"So how's it going with your, uh..." Angel starts to ask.

"Planispheric disc. That's what Pericles called it. To answer your question, not good. None of these symbols make sense. I was hoping maybe you knew something because of, you know, who you really are." Velma replies.

"Sorry baby, I wish I could help." Angel says.

Y/n, Daphne and Fred were outside the K-Ghoul station, Daphne was sat at a nearby picnic table  as both Fred and Y/n seemed to be stood at the back of the Mystery machine.