once upon an us ↞ jenmin

By jenjentle

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗵𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗲 "𝗢𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘂𝗽𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲" 𝗶𝘀 𝘂𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵... More

introductory note
aesthetics + playlist
ONE, recollections of old.
TWO, the past caught up.
THREE, problems.
FOUR, change of heart.
FIVE, regrets and consequences.
SIX, her life's getting worse.
SEVEN, trying to get back up.
EIGHT, it's complicated.
NINE, moments of weakness.
TEN, conflict.
ELEVEN, tensions and reliefs.
TWELVE, starting of a new bond.
THIRTEEN, progress.
FOURTEEN, a potential change.
FIFTEEN, songs bring back memories.
SIXTEEN, sensual.
EIGHTEEN, contemplation.
NINETEEN, new beginnings.
TWENTY, sick.
TWENTY-ONE, approaching the elephant.
TWENTY-TWO, a son's love.
TWENTY-THREE, starting over.
TWENTY-FOUR, shopping.
TWENTY-FIVE, a confession & reconciliation.
TWENTY-SIX, mood swings.
TWENTY-SEVEN, the end of a new beginning.
EPILOGUE, two years later.
end note

SEVENTEEN, trying.

737 59 48
By jenjentle

Jimin would spend almost any free time he had at Chaeyoung's, playing with his son.

And staring secretly at Jennie too.

He was not the type to look away when someone catches him staring, and he knew Jennie was not that type either. So it did surprise him when she would look away immediately when she caught him staring.

Maybe the years apart changed her a lot more than he realised.

Jimin mulled over her recent actions. He knew she had been ignoring him, but what for? He was aware there wasn't exactly a proper closure to their shared past, but he didn't think there was a need for hostility either. Then again, Jennie wasn't being hostile. She was just ignoring- no, avoiding him.

Why? He racked his brain for possible reasons, but couldn't come up with any.

It had been a good two weeks or so of this treatment towards him, and not going to lie he felt rather petulant about it.

The past week he had been moving into his own apartment as well. He had bought some furniture and was overseeing the placement and renovation. It was almost done, and he would probably move in by tomorrow.

He had thought about it, for a long and hard while, and then decided that one way to start his move on Jennie would be to invite her to stay in his flat. He had also confided in Kook and Tae, and they supported him.

Of course, he would have to reinforce that it was just a place for her to stay, nothing more. Or else she might not accept.

He knew she felt she was an inconvenience to Chaeyoung and Jungkook, and was trying to get as much money possible to move out quickly.

She would definitely accept his offer. Hopefully.

Then, he can finally make his move on her. Slowly but surely. There would be 'moments'. There would be tension between them, both in a good and bad way. Maybe even sexual.

Hell, stop thinking like that, he sighed at himself. His hormones have been raging lately and he wasn't exactly pleased about it.

Jimin also vividly remembered Jungkook lamenting about how he couldn't "fuck the living daylights" out of Chaeyoung since Seo Ha was there. He was joking, of course. Jimin knew the younger adored Seo Ha, his son. However, he was also aware of the hint of lust in his voice.

His business was also going well. After securing the deal, he had started contacting a few contracters to aid him in designing and constructing the building he wanted to set up as a branch here. He genuinely didn't think he would achieve so much in Chile, but wasn't complaining.

Jimin stretched his arms, stifling a yawn as his eyes followed Jennie lazily.

Jungkook and Chaeyoung were probably flirting or something, and Taehyung was playing with Seo Ha. He knew Tae would adore the child - he loved kids. All three of them were warming towards Jennie as well, it almost seemed like they were on the way to being the old close-knit gang of friends they were. Except Jennie was still quite reserved, and so were they.

He slouched further onto beanbag, glad it was placed in such a way he could see directly into the kitchen, and watched Jennie.

He had offered to help her - not just him, everyone - but she chased them all out of the kitchen, and even threatened Chaeyoung jokingly that she would pour the steaming chicken soup over all their heads. Her way of 'paying back for their hospitality', she had said.

"Are you trying to bore holes into her back or what?" A deep voice interrupted him, and plopped next to him in the already tiny bean bag, and pushed his ass to make space for himself.

"Yah," he said irritably, while the younger looked at him innocently, "Yes?"

Jimin rolled his eyes, "I'm not trying to bore holes into her back, Tae, as you so nicely put it."

"Really?" Taehyung arched his eyebrow, "Doesn't seem like that to me."

Jimin detected the playfulness in his voice, but there was also a hint of jealousy. He felt that his suspicions were confirmed, that Taehyung was indeed in love with Jennie. Again. However, at the same time, he found it weird since he hadn't had any interaction with her really.

"I can look at her back if I want to," Jimin muttered crossly, but felt someone flick his ear.

"Don't look at her behind, pervert." Chaeyoung admonished, and walked into the kitchen without waiting for his reponse. Jimin scowled at her then Jungkook, who had chuckled and flicked his ear even harder.

He shamelessly diverted his attention back to Jennie, watching Chaeyoung go back hug her as she was stirring something. Within seconds, he could hear that familiar melodious laughter that lifted his spirits, caused tingles up his spine and made him smile.

Oh, how he wished he could still be the one doing this - making her laugh, back-hugging her, and then maybe kissing her temple softly.

But it's still possible, he reminded himself.

"Dinner is ready!" Chaeyoung called, helping Jennie set up the table. Jimin woke up Seo Ha, who had conveniently fallen asleep on the couch, and brought him to splash some water on his face before bringing him to the dinner table.

"So," Jungkook started, after they all had gathered and started eating, "Jimin is getting a new apartment."

"I heard it's really spacious," Chaeyoung added, twirling her fork to scoop up the spaghetti.

Jimin hummed in agreement, mouth full, "Well-"

"Don't speak with your mouth full!" Chaeyoung cut in, fake glaring.

Jungkook chuckled, "Sorry, hyung, my girlfriend's really picky about this."

"Well, it's not my fault if all of you want to eat like pigs," she miffed.

"Mommy always said to not talk when your mouth is full," Seo Ha added, and Jimin grinned, swallowing, "Your mommy is definitely right, bud."

Jennie smiled at him, "Your apartment, it's a corner house, right? It must have a big hall then."

"Yeah, it is."

"Must be lonely living all by yourself in such a huge space."

It had been Taehyung who spoke, and Jimin understood very well what he was trying to say - to ask Jennie to live with him.

"It's alright, I will probably spend more time here than in my own home," Jimin chuckled.

"The rent's been going up since the three of you came, by the way," Chaeyoung said, "I should start charging you guys."

"Oh, please," Jungkook rolled his eyes, "You love us."

"No, Jennie only."

"We all know it's bull- I mean, n-nonsense," Jungkook finished nervously, almost forgetting about Seo Ha.

Jennie just sighed. "Good save, I guess?"

"She's being generous."

"Yeah, she is."

The brunette chuckled, "Maybe I am."

She stood up, taking her now empty plate away to the sink and Jimin frowned, "That's all you ate?"

"Ah," she paused awkwardly at the sink, glancing back, "I'm not hungry."

"You're lying," he stated bluntly.

Her shoulders tensed up, she should have expected him to see through her. She didn't reply though, allowing his words to hang in the air as she washed her plate quickly.

The rest shared a look, before they all simultaneously turned to Jimin. Even Seo Ha was looking at him. The said man raised an eyebrow, confused.

Jennie took the opportunity to leave the kitchen, and Jungkook slapped the back of the older's head.

"Yah! What the f- oh, shit."

"Make a move, pabo-ya," the younger scolded.

"This is your chance, you dumb shit," Taehyung cursed in Korean, and Jimin scowled, "What am I even supposed to do?"

Chaeyoung groaned in exasperation, "Go give her some food or something. And ask about the apartment before she leaves for her job. We've been trying to get you both alone for the past week so you can make a move, but she's been avoiding you diligently."

Jimin opened his mouth to retort, but closed it dumbly. They had noticed too.

It wad silent for a moment.

"Well," Jungkook made a noise that sounded like a snort and grunt together, "Are you waiting for a chariot to escort you to her room? Go, you- you- ugh." He ended lamely, seeing Seo Ha intently listening in.

"Okay, okay," Jimin was taken back from their support, although it came in passive aggressive form. He stood up, his chair scraping against the floor slightly, "I'll be back."

Those supportive grins from all of them was all the motivation he needed - even Seo Ha was smiling.

"Go get ya girl, Jiminie."

+

Jennie was hungry.

She, indeed, had lied.

She had mistakenly estimated the amount of spaghetti they would eat - since they usually eat rice - and realised it was too less, a little too late. So she had given them all their usual portions, and herself the remainder.

Her stomach rumbled in protest of her actions.

She ignored it, stretching her body out on the bed, willing herself to get some sleep before her job.

A creak from the door prevented her from doing so.

"Jennie?"

Her shoulders tensed again, instinctively, and she hastily shut her eyes, pretending to sleep. She didn't even know why she bothered trying, he could see right through her facade.

Jimin repeated her name, but with a sigh at the end. She heard him switch on the lights, and felt the bed press down a little, and her fingers wrapped around the bedsheet tighter, her nervousness evident.

"I know you're not sleeping," he murmured, the back of his knuckles caressing her cheek lightly, with utmost care.

Jennie let out a low exhale, her eyes fluttering open, "Yeah... I'm not."

She sat up awkwardly, refusing to meet Jimin's eyes. She couldn't look at him without remember that phone call. His moans. The way he moaned her name- the way it had rolled off his tongue like honey.

"Here, eat."

Jennie finally met his gaze, in surprise, when he held out the plate to her, "Ah, no, I'm not that hungry."

"Jennie," he said in a warning tone, "I will feed you myself. I know you're hungry."

She was tempted to reply boldly, feed me then. But didn't.

She quietly took his plate, choosing not to argue, "Thank you, Jimin."

He just stared at her silently, drinking in her features. Jennie started gathering the spaghetti together with her fork. Her slim frame was hunched over her plate, locks of hair falling past her ear and covering her gace partially.

Jimin watched her eat, and both didn't bother to talk. Not in an awkward way, it was... calming.

He hadn't had much left, so he knew she would finish it fast. He saw her hair was getting in the way, and gently reached out to brush it back.

Jennie peeked up at him as he sat closer to her, his thighs against her knee as she was sitting cross-legged. She could feel the warmth from his body as his hands reached out to her face, and tucked her hair behind her ear.

He had done it so casually - so nonchalantly - but it just increased her longing for him more. Her longing for him to just take her into his arms, give her an hour long hug, and then sleep in his embrace.

She wondered if Jimin felt the same.

"Jen," he started, and she looked at him, mouth full of spaghetti, "Hmm?"

His cheeks were slightly flushed, a sign of nervousness. She swallowed, and set down her empty plate on the bedside table.

"You know how I'm going to have an apartment of my own now, right?"

He continued, not waiting for her response, "Well, I was wondering if you would want to, um, stay with me?"

Jennie's mind blanked, "What?"

"Wait, no," Jimin obviously panicked, "I don't have an ulterior motive! I mean, it's not like I want to get back with you- or no, wait- I meant, I do want to- no, fuck- I wanted to say, it'll be more spacious and- I can spend more time with Seo Ha, you know? It's not because I want us to be a couple or anything, not that I'd mi- oh, fuck, I didn't mean- nevermind."

He sighed nervously, "You know what, I'll shut up now, but please consider the offer."

Jimin wanted to hit his head with a pan. No, with a chair. He couldn't believe he told her he didn't want to get back with her. His very first move on her, and he already screwed it up, great. No wonder she had been the one courting him back in college.

He couldn't read the brunette's expression, and that worried him. She was clearly at a loss.

Jennie was hurt. The words "It's not because I want us to be a couple or anything," repeated in her mind, flashing like neon lights. Her heart felt absolutely wrenched.

"Well, um," she forced out, unable to comprehend anything other than the fact he didn't want to get together with her, "I... I need to think about it?"

It came off as a question, although right now, her heart was telling her to deny the offer. But experience had taught her to always think with a clear mind before making a decision, which she hadn't done properly seven years ago. This could be a potentially life-changing decision, at least, for Seo Ha.

"Yeah, of course," Jimin conceded hastily, "Take your time."

Jennie smiled bleakly, saying the words before she could stop herself, "Why are you being so nice to me?"

She genuinely didn't understand. He didn't want her, she had hurt him, and it had been 7 years. If anything, he should hate her.

He didn't even want to get back together with her, so what's the point for doing this?

Oh, right, Seo Ha.

"I want to make up for what I did-"

"Jimin-"

"No, shh," he placed a finger on her lips instinctively, "I went overboard. You're in this tight spot because of me. And.. you don't deserve that. I feel so damn guilty, Jen."

She pushed down his finger, eyes getting glossy, "No, Jimin- you should be hating me. You shouldn't feel guilty. I broke up with you, and you- you almost started cutting again. Fuck, Jimin, you shouldn't be nice to me. You should loathe-"

"Jennie," he cupped her cheeks, effectively shutting her up, as the sheen of tears in her eyes glistened brightly, "What you did was wrong, but that doesn't make my actions any more right. If you didn't have Chaeyoung, you'd be on the streets, Jen, and that'd be my fucking fault."

His voice was low, raw with emotion, "Life already made you suffer so much for your mistake. The death threats... I knew about those rumours and nobody should go through that."

The moment of silence was intense.

"So, please consider my offer," he whispered, "Alright?"

Jimin quickly placed a small kiss on her temple, before he could think twice and end up not doing it. He reached passed her and took her plate, "I'll wash this for you. You should rest, you have a night job."

"A-ah, right," she mumbled, obviously flustered. That made Jimin smirk and he stood up.

"Goodnight."

×××

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 12.4K 72
"Jungkook : I told you I will make you feel how hell look like" "YN : Well congratulations Mr jeon jungkook I feel there's no difference between hell...
607 147 50
His dark eyes smoldered dangerously, hugging the girl close to him. He glared at you, his rage immeasurable. "What is wrong with you?" The words hit...
88.2K 5K 44
"Let me touch you, Jimin. Please. Please let me." No. Hell no. Seven bloody hells, no, no and no. Absolutely in no friggin way! Those are the things...
4K 112 19
"(Y/N)... I think I-I like you..." he was now blushing and I couldn't look at him for too long. His gaze seemed to see right through my feelings. "Ji...