Let's Love Tonight

By fallingheartsxx

BOOK 2 of the Let's Hurt Tonight series. More

Intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
Author's Note

42

7.2K 215 158
By fallingheartsxx

Bro I saw a TikTok on this and it's basically where you turn your fan fictions into printed books and I low-key (high-key) want to do this (just for myself - not for sale or anything) lol 

...

Amelia

"You've got a really nice place," Justin says as he, Christian, and I exit the elevator into mine and Harry's apartment. 

Originally, I had just invited Christian over since I hadn't seen him in what feels like forever. Both of our schedules are extremely busy, and on top of that they also tend to clash. As soon as we both found out we had corresponding free time, we decided to make a whole weekend out of it to make up for lost time. 

Subsequently, when Christian and I were returning back to my apartment after going out for a bite to eat for lunch, we ran into Justin in the lobby. I was expecting our conversation to be brief like it had been in the past, but he claimed that him and his girlfriend got a late house warming gift for Harry and I. I don't know why they felt the need to get us anything to begin with, especially since I've never met his girlfriend, but I thought it was a sweet gesture so I invited him up.

"Thank you," I respond. 

I place the housewarming gift - a fake succulent plant - on the island counter in the kitchen. Originally I was just going to leave it there until I found a proper place for it but I find myself liking it's location. It adds a little bit of greenery to the kitchen, which I rather like. Maybe I'll move it later but for now I'll keep it there. 

"The things I would do to live in a place like this," Christian mutters as he walks over to the large window overlooking the city. 

I can't help but smile. He's been in awe since he first came over yesterday. I can't say I blame him. I live here and I'm still amazed by it. Everything about it is absolutely perfect and even mores because it's shared between Harry and I. It's our own little world away from the world. 

"You never get used to the view," I tell him. "At least I haven't yet," 

"My view is similar and I second that you never really get used to it, especially at night. Something about all the lights twinkling is just really special," Justin adds. 

Christian sighs dramatically and turns around to face us with both of his hands on his hips. 

"I need to get rich," he says, causing me to roll my eyes. "Or marry someone who's rich. Or maybe I'll get one of those sugar daddies, you know? I bet there are loads of them in the city,"

"Oh please," I playfully respond. "You don't want one of those men. Most of them are scum - "

"Operative word there being 'most'. I'm sure I could secure a good one. There's gotta be an old man out there looking for a sugar baby to spoil. I could spice up his life while he pays for mine. Or wait, here me out....are any of the other One Direction boys gay and single? Because - "

"No," I cut Christian off. This conversation is ridiculous and the worst part is that I know he's being serious, at least about the sugar daddy part. "No way in hell am I going to try to figure that information out for you. And besides, they're definitely not looking for a 'sugar baby'. They're not that type of men..."

Although I know he knows that I do genuinely care about and love Harry, a brief moment of worry crosses my mind. I don't want other people to think that I just want to be with Harry for his money. Yes, his riches definitely do have perks but honestly, I wouldn't care if Harry had only one dollar to his name. I would still love him. Not that I feel the need to necessarily prove anything, but I hope that his fans are accepting of me and know I'm not just using him. Most of the fans I've met have been genuinely sweet towards me but there's always the rare 1% that will never be happy.  

"I know, I'm just kidding," Christian says. "It would be funny though. The double dates would be immaculate," 

I can't really disagree with that. 

Christian, Justin, and I spend the next hour or so making small talk. I don't particularly mind Justin, but he's not someone I would really see myself hanging out with. He values fame and fortune and is obsessed with physical appearance. He didn't even have to say anything about all of that - it's just obvious from how he acts and speaks. I try not to judge but I find it a bit annoying. 

It's definitely a relief when Justin finally has to leave. I feel awful for even thinking that but it's like a breath of fresh air when he steps into the elevator and finally disappears.

"Oh thank fuck," Christian breathes out once Justin is fully gone."I thought he'd never leave," 

I chuckle and the two of us walk into the living room where we sit down on the couch. 

"He wasn't that bad. I mean he brought Harry and I a plant," I say in a weak attempt to stick up for him. 

"A fake plant. Who gets a fake plant as a housewarming gift anyways?" 

I shrug. 

"I don't know, but at least I don't have to remember to water it. Harry probably would but he won't be home for another couple of months," I say. 

A frown grows on my face after the words come out. I didn't mean to make myself sad over Harry's absence but I can't help it. It's painful to be without him, especially because I've been falling more and more in love with him as the days go on. 

"I'm sorry, Amelia," Christian says, softly, clearly noticing my abrupt change in mood. "Have you talked to him lately?" 

"I have," I respond. I twist the promise ring on my finger, something I do often when I find myself thinking of Harry. "Not frequently because of our schedules and the time difference but he's been good about keeping in contact. It's just...not the same. Sometimes I wish he wasn't a celebrity so I didn't have to miss him so much but that's selfish," 

Christian shrugs and gives me an empathetic look. 

"I don't think it's selfish. I mean, I can see why you would think so but it's normal to miss someone, especially your boyfriend, and to want a more normal life. It's just how you feel. It would be selfish if you tried to prevent him from going out there and touring but you're not doing that. You've been incredibly supportive throughout everything. He's lucky to have you," he says. 

I smile at my friend. Christian has his dramatic and theatrical moments, but he's also great at giving decent advice and just being there in general. I'm grateful for his friendship. I wish we had grown closer sooner, not that we weren't close in college but our relationship has gotten tremendously stronger since Shannon and I stopped talking. That's probably because I'm now putting all my energy into the right friendship. 

"Thanks, Christian," I reply. "Sometimes it's hard but I try to be there for Harry. I don't think I could live with myself if I kept him from doing something he loved. I just wish it was easier sometimes. It's all so new to me still,"

"When do you get to see him again?" Christian asks me. 

I purse my lips as I think. His Boston show is June 18th and I believe he's coming straight to New York afterwards, so I'll get to see him that night. Then we'll spend a couple days together before his New York shows. 

"Uh...what's the date? I think it's a little more than two months," I say. 

"It's the thirtieth," Christian tells me. 

"Ah," I say. My schedule has been so busy the past couple weeks that I lost track of time. "Yeah, then it's a little more than two months, almost three..."

As the words are coming out of my lips, my heart suddenly drops and my palms grow clammy. It's the thirtieth? Already? It can't be. I'm never late. 

"Amelia? Are you okay? You look a bit...shaken up right now," Christian says with a nervous laugh. 

I shake my head and look at him with wide eyes. I don't want to jump to conclusions but I suddenly feel very anxious about one particular thought in mind. 

"I - " I start to say, but I can barely get the words out. "My period's late,"

...

So I ordered three giant squishmallows and let me know how I'm supposed to sneak them into my house when they arrive on Wednesday and my mom is home (she has off from work). Yes, I'm technically an adult since I'm in my twenties but like I literally just got yelled at the other day for spending unnecessary money because I need to pay for my grad school classes lolol the squishmallows were on sale though so technically it was a necessary purchase

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

721K 23.3K 86
And if you let go, I'll float towards the sun, I'm stronger 'cause you fill me up. But when the fear comes, And I drift towards the ground, I am luck...
Stuck [H.S] By a!

Fanfiction

40.9K 1.5K 25
[COMPLETE & EDITED] Being at that time of the month, Jolie decides to make a quick stop to a convience store to retrieve chocolates and candies to sa...
1M 33.9K 33
His eyes could ruin someone with a single look. Her smile could cure the loneliest heart. ☓ All Rights Reserved 2018
212K 4.2K 60
PREVIOUSLY NAMED "TENSION" ~Nothing is louder than the silence between two people who used to be so in love with each other~ • • • In her first year...