Beautiful Soul - cash au -

By crystellethemage

He never imagined that this was going to be his life. He thought that one day he would make it out of this go... More

Trash
One Step Closer
Tides
The Darkness That We Know
Dark Eyes and Careless Hair
The Shadows Cover Me
Safest Place to Hide
Nothing Without Love
Climbing the Walls
Take A Bow
You Were Meant For Me
Everything I Have is Yours
The Skies Above Ablaze
We Are Never Broken
Pieces of You
You Make My Heart Skip
Stuck On Survive
The Cruelty of Everyone Else
Wake Up Alone
I Found a Boy
Fly, Let Me Fly
The Way We Are Now
Dancing In The Wind
I Want You and Your Beautiful Soul
Beautiful Soul Extras
Share This Day Anew
Thought I Was Lost
Falling Is Like This
Chosen as Mine
The Road Less Traveled
The Best of Me
The Best of Me Part Two

Deep Water

5.4K 171 121
By crystellethemage

That night is a quiet night at the Grier home. Nash's father stays in his room while the 3 siblings played Monopoly in the living room. It's a very old set, they're missing a lot of pieces but they make it work.

They go to bed early, anxious to sleep and wake up for their exciting day. Nash lies on his bed, his mind wanders to Cameron and their hug. Maybe it's just his imagination but that hug wasn't strictly friendly. He thinks about how Cameron's arms felt around him, he felt safe in his arms, like nothing could hurt him. He thinks about how Cameron caressed his cheek when he pulled away. He feels butterflies in the pit of his stomach, his excitement building, he can't wait to see Cameron again.

Nash falls asleep with Cameron on his mind, he sleeps perfectly that night. There was no tossing and turning, no nightmares.

He is surprised to be woken up by his siblings the next morning. Skylynn bounces happily on Nash's bed and Hayes is gently shaking Nash. He sits up and stretchers, he still feels the soreness from the beating he took but it's bearable.

They all quickly get ready and head out to the living room to wait for Cameron. Nash stops short when he see's his father sitting at their small kitchen table.

His eyes are bloodshot, he's unshaven and quite frankly looks pathetic. Nash hopes that Chad won't give them any problems this morning. They sit on the raggedy couch and no one acknowledges his presence, not even little Skylynn.

"Where you all going? " Chad grunts out. Nash hesitates and is torn between telling him the truth or lying to him. He decides with the truth, maybe the knowledge that they're doing something that their mother used to love will make Chad leave them alone.

"We're going horseback riding." Nash replies flatly, he leaves out the fact they're going to eat at a diner, he wants to surprise the kids.

Chad grunts again but doesn't say anything. Nash relaxes a little bit, he knows they're in the clear for now. He hears a horn beep and he quickly gathers Skylynn and he and Hayes head out before Chad can question who they're going with.
Nash opens the back door of the range rover and smiles at Cameron who had turned to smile at them. He straps Skylynn in and Hayes slides into the car from the other side. He shuts the door and gets in the front, smiling at Cameron.

"Hey," Cameron says, smiling back at Nash.
"Hi," Nash responds shyly. Cameron puts the car into drive and they head to the diner for breakfast. Nash is excited not only for his siblings but for himself as well, he hasn't had a good meal in so long.

They pull into the parking lot of the diner and Hayes eyes widen when he realizes where they are.

He begins to bounce in excitement. Nash gets out and picks up Skylynn from the back seat, Hayes is out of the car faster than anyone, Nash grins at his childish excitement. They haven't been happy in so long, it's refreshing to see happiness on their faces instead of sadness, hunger or anger.

They follow Cameron inside and are lead to a booth by the hostess. Hayes and Sky sit next to each other with Cameron and Nash across from them. The hostess brings Skylynn crayons and some pictures she can color.

Skylynn giggles happily, she loves to color.

They're handed their menus and Nash opens it, perusing it quietly. He literally wants to get everything on the menu, it all sounds so good.

"Can... can I have a milkshake?" Hayes asks shyly, he has that hopeful smile on his face.

"You can get whatever you want, buddy. Anything at all," Cameron answers for Nash, Nash smiles gratefully at him. He doesn't want to take advantage of Cameron's kindness. The waitress comes around and takes their orders, before long Hayes is sipping on a cookies n cream milkshake. He closes his eyes savoring the sweetness of the milkshake. Candy is a luxury, they rarely are able to afford getting anything sweet, sometimes Mrs. Kaplan would have cookies for them, but it wasn't very often

Skylynn sips at her very own milkshake, she chose strawberry because it's pink and she loves pink.

"Yummy!" She says brightly and Nash loves her innocent enthusiasm. They order their breakfast, Nash goes with French toast with eggs, hash browns and bacon. It's been such a long time since he had a proper breakfast he has to bite back a moan when he shoves the first forkful of food in his mouth.

Hayes and Skylynn aren't shy, they're making noises of pleasure as they eat their pancakes and eggs. Cameron has a smile playing on his lips when I glance at him. He sees Nash look at him and looks back at. Nash mouths a silent 'thank you' and he nods in understanding.

They all finish their plates of food, no one leaves any left overs. Their bellies are full for the first time in forever and they're actually sated. To have a full meal after having a cup of cereal and a cup of milk for years is so amazing. Cameron pays the bill without allowing Nash to look at it. Nash in awe of his generosity to him and his siblings. No one except Mrs. Kaplan has shown that kind of kindness towards them.

They head back to Cameron's car and it doesn't take them long before they're headed to his ranch. He turns on cartoons for Sky and Hayes to watch during the ride. Their attention is solely on what's playing on their screens.

Nash is looking at Cameron while he drives, he glances back at him.

"What?" He asks, smiling slightly. He likes having Nash's attention on him, it gives him butterflies, a sensation he hasn't felt in a while.

"I'm just thankful, Cam. You don't understand how much this means to me, to see pure happiness on my brother and sister's faces is something I haven't seen since...well since a long time," Nash confesses softly, Cameron's heart breaks for Nash and his siblings. They're gone through so much in such a short amount of time. Nash shouldn't be worrying about how he's going to feed his siblings or how he's going to pay the bills. He should be off to college worrying about skipping class, partying and making new memories.

Cameron makes a promise to himself in that moment that he will do everything is his power to make Nash's life better. He doesn't verbalize it to Nash, he's still being cautious and taking things slow, he definitely doesn't want to scare him away.

They finally arrive at the farm, Nash feels strange being here but not having to work, he brushes it off as Cameron parks in front of the huge ranch and gets out. Nash helps Skylynn who looks around her with wonder on her face. Cameron starts to walk up the steps to the ranch house and Nash hesitates, unsure if he should follow him.

Cameron stops when no one follows him and turns. "What are you guys doing? Come on!"

Nash smiles and picks up Skylynn he carries her inside with Hayes trailing behind them. They step into the ranch house and they can't help but be in awe of the immaculate home. Everything looks brand new and modern, Nash spies a huge screen tv in the living with several gaming systems organized below.

"I had our housekeeper Rosa pack us a picnic lunch," Cameron explains as he leads them to a huge kitchen. The 3 siblings are looking around, still shocked at all of the nice things in this home. They've never seen anything like it before.

They enter the kitchen where there's a book bag sitting on the counter, Cameron opens it and peeks inside. He smiles when he sees sandwiches, chips, freshly cut fruits, she even cut up cheese cubes for snacks and sodas. He zips it back up and places it on his back.

"You guys need to pee or anything before we head out?" Cameron asks, he's interrupted by a loud back and his dog Jake comes bounding into the kitchen. He rushes up to Cameron, wagging his tail happily at him. Cameron bends down and pets Jake, giving him kisses.

Hayes loves dogs, he's always wanted a pet. But they can barely afford to feed themselves much less an animal. Cameron notices Hayes interest and he waves him over.

"Come say hi, he won't bite. He's a big softy," Cameron said patting Jake's head gently. Hayes approaches him and Jake turns towards him. He tentatively reaches out and pets the head of Jake slowly. Jake laps at Hayes' hand happily, always wanting to say hi to new friends.

"He's so nice," Hayes states almost in awe.

"Yeah he's my baby. I've had him forever." Cameron says and Jake barks, almost like he knows they're talking about him,

"I'll take Sky to the bathroom before we head out," Nash says and Cameron leads him to the bathroom near by. They don't take long and they're ready to go soon after. Hayes says goodbye to Jake and they head over to the barn.

Skylynn is almost shaking in excitement, she loves horseys. She loves them so much and she can't wait to ride one.

Cameron and Nash work together to saddle up the horses, they're taking 3 out and Skylynn will ride with Cameron because he's the most experienced horseback rider.

Sky squeals happily as Nash lifts her up and she's able to run her tiny hands through the horses mane. The horse whinnies at her and she laughs brightly. Nash chuckles at them, Cameron gives her a sugar cube to give to the horse as a treat.

Sky shyly reaches her hand out and the horse expertly takes his treat without hurting Sky, she giggles happily.

"I like this horsey! Can I name it Rainbow?" She asks sweetly.

"Of course you can, pumpkin." Cameron replies affectionately. Skylynn has definitely robbed his heart. He and Nash lead the horses out and he helps Hayes get on his horse and then he gets on his own. Nash picks Sky up and puts her securely in front of Cameron. He then picks up the bookbag and places it on his back before getting on his own horse.

They start off slowly, the two older siblings getting used to the feel of a horse again. Cameron is talking softly to Skylynn who laughs periodically as she runs her hands through the horses mane. It's breezy but temperate, the weather perfect for a day out horseback riding. Nash closes his eyes for a moment, trusting his horse to follow the others. He feels at peace, it's a feeling that's almost foreign to him now. This moment is perfect, the giggles of Skylynn, the low chuckles of Cameron and Hayes' shy smile cement themselves in Nash's brain. He's making more happy memories to store and retrieve later when he's miserable and sore after getting beat. It's a certainty that Chad will go into an angry rage and take it out on his oldest, it's just a question of when.

They reach the river that Cameron spoke about they tie their horses to nearby trees close to the watter and allow them to graze and drink from the river.

Cameron takes the book bag from Nash and pulls out a huge blanket. They're not hungry yet, breakfast still has them feeling sated. They just lie back on the blanket and stare at the clear skies. Cameron lies close to Nash, so close that Nash can smell his intoxicating scent. Hayes and Skylynn lie on the other side of the blanket chatting softly. Nash is so content his eyes are closed, this day could not be anymore perfect. Well, the only thing he's missing is cuddling with Cameron but he knows they're not there yet. He hopes desperately that they get to that point, he wants Cameron so badly.

Cameron turns on his side, facing Nash and he tentatively reaches out and caresses Nash's cheek gently. He usually doesn't feel this way, he's always confident in his movements especially when pursuing a romantic interest. Nash makes him feel vulnerable and he's not sure of what is running through Nash's mind right now. Nash tilts his head slightly, pressing Cameron's hand more on his face. Cameron relaxes, Nash gives him permission to touch him silently.

Nash's heart pounds in his chest, he can't believe that Cameron is actually touching him, it feels like a caress the kind that people give each other when they're interested. Cameron strokes his cheek softly, the rough pad of his thumb going over the soft skin of Nash's face. Nash opens his eyes and his gaze meets Cameron's.

"Your eyes are beautiful," Cameron tells him softly, he likes the shade of pink that Nash turns when he's complimented. "I'm sure you've heard that before."

"No... never." Nash confesses quietly. Cameron is surprised, who wouldn't want to pursue such a sweet angel.

"Really, never? Well believe me, they are beautiful... just like the rest of you." Cameron waits with a bated breath to gauge Nash's reaction. Nash smiles slowly, his face heating up more.

"I'm nothing compared to you," Nash tells Cameron softly. Cameron scoffs at Nash's words.

"There's no way that's true." He tells Nash firmly, his fingers continue to caress Nash's cheek gently. He doesn't dare go any further, he doesn't want to push Nash even though he wants to touch him more. He needs to go slow with Nash, he doesn't want to fuck it up.

They stay like that for hours, resting with a comfortable conversation flowing between the two of them. Hayes and Skylynn get up and go near the river to throw rocks and play around with the horses.

Cameron takes the opportunity to scoot closer to Nash, their bodies are touch now. Nash's breath hitches at the sensation of having Cameron close to him. They continue talking, getting to know each other. Nash learns about Cameron's life, information that he's wanted to know for so long. He always wanted to be Cameron's friend, even if he couldn't be his boyfriend. Nash opens up to Cameron a little bit, he doesn't talk about his mother or father but he does talk about their struggles since their mother's death.

"My life changed completely," Nash laments softly. "All because of a fucking drunk driver. The asshole didn't even die. It's at that moment that I knew there was no justice in this world."

"My sister died from a drunk driver too," he tells Nash quietly. "I know exactly where you're coming from."

Nash hesitates before asking his next question. "When?"

Cameron sighs softly, the sadness of losing his beautiful, loved sister hitting him full blast. "2 years ago. I remember the day clearly, it was a Tuesday January 5th. She was coming home from her night class when that fucking asshole slammed into her car, he was speeding and blew right through the red light."

Nash lets out a surprised gasp. Cameron's sister and his mother were tragically killed by the same person. Cameron looks at Nash, his brow furrowed.

"What?" He asks Nash curiously.

"M-my mom... she died that day too, by the same person." He stutters quietly. He never references her death directly, it hurts too much. They stare at each other for a long time. It's interesting how a tradegy that happened 2 years ago can bring them closer together today. They both feel that they've finally found someone who shares the same sorrow that they do, the pain of losing someone abruptly and without warning.

Nash doesn't even realize that he's crying until Cameron wipes his tears tenderly.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you cry. I understand you completely, I know how painful it is." He comforts him, he wraps his arms around Nash and pulls him close. Nash allows himself to bury his face in Cameron's neck and his arms go around Cameron as well, he sniffles quietly as his tears fall. Cameron rubs his back gently, he's getting comfort from Nash's arms as well. It's a symbiotic embrace.

Nash pulls away when Hayes and Skylynn approach them, their stomachs growling with hunger. Cameron misses his embrace right away but he doesn't say anything, he just sits up and reaches for his book bag. He takes out the lunch that was packed for them. They dig into the food, the sandwiches are loaded and are nothing like the plain sandwiches they're used to. These are so tasty. Nash knows it's going to be difficult to return to eating plain food but for the moment he enjoys the delicious lunch that was prepared for them.

They finish eating and pack up the remainder of the left over food.

"You want to take the leftovers home? It'll just get thrown in the trash." Cameron tells Nash, and he's telling the truth. Nash wants to say yes so badly, but he's not used to taking handouts.

"Thank you, Cameron. It'll be really good for dinner," Hayes interjects. He knows the look on Nash's face and he knew that he was about to decline the offer. But Hayes wants the food so he makes it impossible for Nash to decline.

"Great!" Cameron smiles as he hands Hayes the packed book bag. Nash feels guilty and slightly embarrassed but there's nothing he can do about it. He definitely doesn't want to seem like he's just using Cameron for handouts because he genuinely wants to be with him because of his personality not how much money he has or what he can give him.

They head back to their horses and Nash helps Skylynn back on the horse with Cameron. They head back to the ranch and Nash can't help but feel a little sad that their perfect day is almost ending.

They make it back without issue and lead the horses back to the barn. Skylynn says goodbye to the horse she named Rainbow.

"I guess we have to officially change the horses name to Rainbow," Cameron jokes softly as they walk to the ranch house. He doesn't want them to leave, he wants to spend more time with Nash and his siblings, he wants to get to know them more, to grow closer to them.

It's very clear that Nash and his siblings come as a packaged deal. He can't imagine Nash ever leaving them with his good for nothing father. He can barely be called a father, he hasn't been that word in a long time. Cameron swallows back the rage he feels at the treatment that Nash and his siblings receive at the hand of their so-called father. He figures the less they're in that trailer the better off they are.

"You guys should stay for dinner," he says, looking for an excuse to get them to stay. "I have a ton of movies we can watch, we have a pretty nice set up in the basement."

Hayes and Skylynn jump in excitement. "Can we stay Nash, pretty please?!"

Hayes has no shame in begging Nash to let them stay longer. It really doesn't take much to convince Nash to say yes, he doesn't want to leave either.

"That sounds like fun, we haven't seen a movie in a while," he says, smiling shyly at Cameron. Cameron grins at him, happy that he agreed to stay. They follow him inside and downstairs to the basement. They are once again shocked by their surroundings. There are plush seats set up in rows, like an actually theater and there's a huge screen, it takes up most of the wall.

Hayes and Skylynn immediately pick seats in the front and they get settled in. They chose to watch Frozen, they haven't seen it yet but they hear kids at their school talk about it all the time. Cameron pops it into the dvd player and he dims the lights. The kids watch the screen with rapt attention. Nash and Cameron get settled in the row behind them.

Cameron feels more brave now, he feels like he's gotten to know Nash a lot more and because of that he feels closer to him. He actually told him things that not even his life-long friends know. He hesitates before lifting the arm rests that are between them, he scoots closer to Nash, Nash turns his head and looks at him with those big blue eyes that make him weak.

He smiles at him and Cameron relaxes against him, happy that Nash didn't reject his moves. Nash loves the feeling of Cameron close to him, it's all he's ever dreamed of. He never imagined that it could actually happen. He's letting Cameron set the pace of their relationship, he doesn't want to make it seem like he's pursuing him just because he's part of the Dallas family.

He starts getting tired and he struggles to stay away. Eventually he caves in and falls asleep, resting his head on Cameron's shoulder. Cameron doesn't want to wake Nash but he gently repositions Nash so his head is resting on his lap and Cameron is able to run his hand through Nash's hair gently. He looks down at Nash, his beautiful face makes Cameron's heart beat faster.

He can't deny how much he wants him, how attached he is already to this quiet boy. Even though Nash doesn't really know, Cameron is considering this their first date. He honestly doesn't mind the presence of Hayes and Skylynn. It makes him feel good that he's able to bring some happiness in their lives.

He looks forward to the future, his mind drifting to ways that he can engage Nash and spend time with him. Eventually he just closes his eyes and just takes in Nash's scent, the heat of his body that's pressed on his lap, the feel of his soft hair as Cameron plays with it softly.

It's the perfect moment. Cameron couldn't ask for anything more.

A/N- I don't know what it is about this book, it just inspires me to write long ass chapters. I hope you guys don't mind and that you're enjoying this book. Please leave comments, I honestly love them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 3.4K 24
Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination. "You have no emotions, you don't feel, you don't empathize......and you don't love," he told me...
44.1K 2.1K 24
Life is just the art of living on Cameron Dallas was 16 years old with a bright future in swimming ahead of him. Tragedy strikes and changes Cameron'...
Mute By iconicaaa

Fanfiction

320K 10.5K 35
when a geeky mute boy meets a hot basketball captain; more things happen than you would imagine. achievements: number one in 'cash' nine-hundred f...
70.3K 2.1K 20
Nash is in love with Cameron but cameron is supposedly straight. Nicole loves to blackmail people and her next victim is Nash. --- Boyxboy (I wrote t...