The Final Year (vol 1)

By amourpierce

In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school o... More

Notice... Very important!!!
Prologue
Uproar
Settling in
Pray
Monday morning
The girl
The clique
The first day
The Crowd
The Squad
The Confrontation
Prep
A date?
B. D. T
Unbothered
Facts or Myths
Night Crawlers
Life of the party
Important note:
Parte after parte
Family
Home Sweet Home
The Trip
Paranoia
Just a game...
Smile
Mine
BTS
Trouble
Preparations
Wonder
Appeasement
Visitation
Friendly beast
The Reveal
Hangout
Square one
Squad goals
Hurt
Chit chat
Drill
The Past
The Threat
Contraband
Pretty
The Big Game
Vulnerable
Night talk
Confession
Apology
Exam Fever
Yearbook
Sting
Shopping
Memories
Graduation
Epilogue
Q/N
Announcement
Bonus chapter
Important notice!!

Busted

867 206 24
By amourpierce

What i got on Monday morning on my resumption to school was not what i expected. At all...

First, it was the curious stares as i walked to class. Tomi and Femi were with me but they both looked and sounded distant.

Femi said a quick goodbye which was rare considering how jovial he could be even on a Monday morning.

We should be talking on how we spent our weekend but it is not going like i thought or planned as my two friends seemed to be giving me a cold shoulder even though i don't know the reason why.

It got worse as soon as i stepped in to the classroom. There was pin drop silence as everyone stared at me in wonderment, jealousy and curiosity. 

I shake it off walking to my seat but i can still feel their eyes burning into my back along with whispers. Okay... That is it!

I turned around abruptly to face Tomi who stares at me with raised eyebrows, her eyes looking guarded.

"What the hell is going on?!" I snapped at her as her face shifts to that of confusion.

"What do you mean?" She asked calmly.

"You guys are giving me the cold shoulder, then people are staring" Tomi sighs.

It is not like she is scared but the stares are far more worse than when she joined the school.

"Maybe you should check the school gist page" she said it as an advice but Teni read in between her words. It was the answer she was looking for but she was not sure whether she wants to find out what is on school gossip page.

She puffs still ignoring the eyes on her as she brings out her shiny new school tablet from her back pack. She puts it on, imputing her password.

She goes to the school page, login into the gossip page. She wait patiently as she chews her lip.

Her eyes widen as the page comes up, she reads the hot topic then groaned.

# Billionaire heiress unveiled!
#Famous ice queen in SJC?!
#Teniola Enitan Coker! Ice Queen! Terrific!

"Fuck!" I slammed my fist on my table as students around me jumped in surprise but i could care less. How did they find out?!

"Good morning ma" I shrunk back in seat at the voice of other students as the teacher entered the class to teach but i know am not going to gain a thing from this class.

"I can explain, please give me a chance to explain.. Will you allow to explain?" I rushed out my words staring at my two friends.

Immediately the bell for break time was rung, i pulled the two to the back of the dining room. This was done as they tried to step into the dining room, i hijacked them actually since they were both caught by surprise and they both happen to walk together. Double points.

I kill two birds with a stone.

I have been hiding away from everyone all morning. It was just too much. The staring, pointing fingers, whispers... Even the teachers were not left out but they try to be discreet with their staring.

I felt like a guinea pig, like a new piece of meat everyone wants to have or experiment on. I want to crawl into a hole and live there the rest of my single, boring life.

Femi only raised an eyebrow while Tomi stares dead on.

"Explain? Okay, explain... We need an explanation cause it makes me sad that a girl i know for almost a month now his keeping something that big from me"

"It is not that big" I shrugged but he only narrowed his eyes at me "I take my words back, it is biggggg..." I stretch out my hands straining my words.

"When were you going to tell us?" Tomi asked quietly.

Was i ever going to tell them? Yes but not immediately.

"I was going to tell you. I just want to feel more comfortable, you know?, get to know you guys more. And also for security reasons" I pointed out playing with my fancy tie to distract me a little.

"Security reasons? Don't tell me people are after you" he joked but my serious face made him shut "or there are" I sigh taking a seat on a lone chair probably placed there by a forgetful student.

"Don't tell me you are in a sort of princess protection program?" Tomi asked before gasping dramatically "are you being monitored or followed? Like a secret camera some where?"

Tomi freaked out looking around frantically as Femi shook his head in disapproval, folding his arms as i calm her down.

"No. There is no program anywhere neither do i have a freakish camera on me" I inhaled. "Look guys, all i want is a normal year in my last days at school. I don't want you to see me as a spoilt billionaire daughter but as your friend, your roomie" I throw her a small smile in which she returns. "I want normal, please make it normal, for me?"

They both exchange stares before nodding as i smile.

"Not to spoil the happy mood or anything but don't you think that will be difficult... I mean everyone in our one thousand metre radius knows who you are" Femi reasoned as Tomi nodded.

"He is right Teni... You live in Ikoyi, i reside in Surulere, it is a weird combination. I feel like am the odd one out"

"As they say opposite attracts. That doesn't matter as long as i have you guys"

"What about the rumours?"

"Believe what you want to believe but most of them aren't true. I mean, me standing here is a living testimony. They are from hungry gossipers from my ex school, the scavenge on craps about me and feed people with lies"

Femi let out a sigh as i see Tomi shoulders relax. So that was what they were worried about, the rumors... My reputation.

"That is more calming coming from you"

"But i do live up to my name, am not called the Ice queen for nothing" I smirk as Tomi chuckled. "So... We are good?" They both nodded as i grinned "Brilliant, so how was your mid term break?"

                        😣💞🔔

🎶🎶 🎼🎼
Grace grace
God's Grace

Grace that will cover and cleanse within

Grace grace
God's grace

Grace that is greater than all our sins....

The students hummed an echoing AMEN at the end of the hymn as we all bow her heads for a word of prayer which was led by the chaplain.

It was a Wednesday afternoon and all Christian students were in the hall for the fellowship.

By the end of the term, the school will be hosting their annual Christmas Carol. I heard it was going to be big, as always....

I felt someone sit beside me as there was a shift in the calm air. I opened an eye to peep at the fellow but they flew open as i stare wide eye at a smirking Shubomi.

"Hey love" he whispered closely to my ear as i pushed him back a little since he was invading my privacy.

"I don't think this is the right place to say whatever you have to say" I said before closing my eyes and clasping my hand to God in forgiveness .

That boy can make you sin even if you don't want to.

"Then let's go somewhere quiet" he said with a double meaning to his words. I ignore him praying he will go away.

"Satan get behind me" I murmured but am sure he heard as i hear him sigh.

Then i felt the pull on my hair just under my beret. Jesus Christ!

"What is it that you want?!" I whisper yelled but it seems it was not that quiet as it got other students attention.

Tomi shifts uncomfortably by my right hand side noticing his imposing figure. He shot the surprised students a deadly glare as the quickly turn their heads pretending to bow it in prayer but i know they are far from it.

He looks back at me, his face relaxed and collected.

"I need to talk to you" he said quietly as i nodded for him to go on. "Not here"

I raised an eyebrow as he just stared at me, his eyes looking round my face. He nods as if he got his answers.

"Was that why you interrupted my prayers?" I asked sounding pissed off. He only smirked.

"Oh... You were praying?" He asked faking surprise. My nose flared... I must look like a raging bull right now. He chuckled quietly at my expression. "Just felt like ruffling your feathers a little, but we need to talk though. Maybe during the trip"

I flinched as he gave my neck a quick kiss, my neck! I felt him sniffing me a little before pulling back. What the hell his wrong with this guy? He has a girlfriend for crying out loud!

He stood up digging his hands into the pockets of his trouser. He threw me his infamous wink before walking away.

I stare at his back as his muscles flexed under his white shirt, his blazer discarded.

Turning to the podium, i sigh closing my eye and clenching my hands in prayers again.

"Forgive me father for i know i have sinned and disobeyed you... Forgive your son father for he knows not what he is doing"

                         👼🀄⛪

He laughs with his friends as they joke about a scene they saw happened in school while everyone was at home for the mid term break.

Students have been dispersed after the fellowship to their hostels to prepare for lunch. He was with his friends still talking when they see a figure storming towards them.

The figure got closer only for them to realize it was Henrietta storming towards them, no him in particular with rage in her eyes.

"How dare you?!" She screeched at him as he only rose an eyebrow at her tantrum which got her pissed the more. "Answer me!"

His friends watched in boredom but there was a glint of surprise in their eyes as they were all shocked on why she is screaming down on the school king who sat calmly staring at her.

"What?" He asked calmly yet stoically.

"What??! Is that all you have to say?" Shubomi stared at her dead on, but from the tick on his jaw you can tell he was getting pissed. "What is going on with you and that girl?!"

He lets out a frightening smile.

"Oh... You mean Teniola? What do you think is going on between us?" He smirks.

"How.. When... " she clenched her teeth letting out a big breath "am your girlfriend, and i demand that respect. You can't just go about frolicking with anything! In skirt!"

Shubomi lets out a huge mocking laugh, hitting his right foot on the floor which much vigour as Henrietta turned red with embarrassment in front of his friends.

"Girlfriend? Yeah sure, you never had problem with me fooling around with other girls... Why now?" He asked staring at her with amusement.

"You need to stay away from that bitch or-" she lets out a yelp as he flew up from his seat with fury in his eyes. She almost stumbled but he caught her by the arm pulling her to him.

"What did you just call her?" There was a resonating silence as fuming anger oozed from his words and expression. Henrietta shook like a leaf from the look in his eye. His friends cautiously stood up... Just in case...
"Answer me!" He screamed into her face tightening his hold on her arm as she jumps. Her eyes turning glassy with tears.

"Shubbie-" Tokunbo tries to interfere but he stopped him.

"Don't... Don't interfere" he warned his three friend before his eyes shifts to her. "Between you and her, who do you think is a bitch?" He asked her calmly.

"Shubbie i-"

"Sshhh... Just answer yes or no... Let me save you the stress. Who goes fooling around?" She looks away, damn right. "You have no claim over me girl, this thing is just like a contract. You scratch my back and i scratch yours. I know how important the social ladder is to you but don't for once think that i will choose you over her when the time comes, don't" he warned while she rolled her eyes. "And i know you are the one behind the news on the gossip page, guess it back fired" he taunts while she clenched her fists. He chuckled walking past her but he turned around abruptly "be careful... And remember, you scratch my back, i will scratch yours"

He said before walking away. There was silence before someone broke it. 

"I need a drink, Pepsi precisely" Prince spoke up before following his friend.

She turned to look at the other two boys who stared at her in boredom. Their expression shows she was not welcomed there.

She lets out a groan before storming away. They never liked her anyway.

Teni's secret is out o...

Shubomi is a bad boy😂😂

Quick question : what exactly is Henrietta to Shubomi? A girlfriend? A fling?

Currently, what do you think of Shubomi as a person.

Who is your favourite character?😜

P. S: I went to a mission school... I miss those times😌. 

What about you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 8.2K 57
"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬; 𝐰...
6.4K 1.3K 45
Judith's life takes a sudden turn during her SS1 days, when her dad died from a ghastly road accident.. which dashes her hope of being a professional...
2.5K 76 31
After sleeping with my 20-year-old English professor. My parents send me to one of the broadly prestigious boarding schools in Barbados "to straighte...
147 19 16
They are ups and down in everybody's daily life . New school , new life .