once we met | derek morgan. ✓

By MatthewGrayGoobles

derek morgan fanfiction. julianna mae hotchner, the daughter of ssa aaron hotchner, starts her first day as a... More

prologue!
1 : first day
2 : coffee order
3 : feelings
4 : the bar
5 : divorce
6 : road trips
7 : the cemetery
8 : history
9 : the arrest.
10 : escape.
11 : jealousy.
12 : explanations.
13 : honesty.
14 : arguments.
15 : elle.
16 : texas.
17 : hospital.
18 : dinner party
19 : morning sickness.
20 : reactions.
21 : decisions.
22 : pain.
23 : anesthesia.
24 : bottoming out
25 : speechless.
26 : interruptions
28 : lucky charm bracelet.
29 : move in
30 : anniversary
31 : marry me?
32 : new york.
33 : explosions.
34 : together.
35 : target.
36 : aftermath.
37 : thanksgiving.
38 : torture
39 : take on the world.
40 : christmas.
epilogue!
announcement!

27 : cell phone.

4.6K 76 34
By MatthewGrayGoobles

j u l e s .

I let out an annoyed groan, "You're working on the case! So why can't I!?" I exclaim.

"Because the bureau code of-" Hotch begins.

I shake my head, cutting him off, "Don't give me some bullshit excuse from the Code of Conduct of the bureau - because we both know damn well that you never let that Code of Conduct stand in the way of work." I state in a harsh tone.

Hotch lets out a defeated sigh, "Okay fine! You wanna know why you can't work the case!?" He asks, lowering his tone.

I nod, shooting him a glare from my distance.

He takes a step closer to me, "It's because you don't know how to separate work from your own feelings. I mean, hell, Julianna! You were literally with Derek within months of your stay at the bureau. You ran off to Chicago with him - calling in fake sick. You're still a child! Why don't you understand that?" He asks in a defeated tone.

The sound of "You're still a child!" rings through my ears as I shake my head.

"Still a child?" I rhetorically ask.

Hotch nods sternly, "Yes! You act like a child! When you joined the bureau, I hoped you would be extraordinary - but you have been nothing but ordinary." He states in a stern tone.

I bite the inside of my cheek, shaking my head, "All my life, I have tried to do nothing but impress you - but yet, nothing seems to please you. I bet Jack would make you a whole lot more proud." I state sternly, walking out of Hotch's office.

Hotch follows after me, "Agent Hotchner, get back in here! Annie!" He calls out after me.

I brush past Derek, who tries to comfort me. I walk straight out of the bureau, no hesitation inside of me. I technically can't leave because I came here with Derek - but I can make Hotch think I left.

My phone begins buzzing like crazy.

From Dad:
Come back.

From Dad:
You know that's not what I meant.

From Dad:
Annie, you're being overdramatic. I don't prefer Jack over you.

I huff angrily as the cold air from outside makes my nose turn light pink.

To Dad:
I know you don't.

I let out a defeated sigh, leaning against the outside walls of the bureau.

I glance up, noticing a hooded figure standing in the distance, taking photos of me.

What the hell? I think to myself.

From Dad:
Then come back.

I sigh, thinking to myself for a minute. Without hesitation, I immediately, but subtly call Hotch.

"Unit Chief Aaron Hotchner." Hotch states, matter-of-factly as he answers the phone.

"I'm downstairs." I state.

He clears his throat, "Annie? Then why don't you come up to the bullpen?" He asks.

"I think Foyet is here." I mumble.

"There's a hooded male that's here." I state.

"That doesn't prove anything." Hotch states.

"Except where it does." I state, subtly leaning against a cold wall.

"How?" Hotch asks, clearing his throat.

I sigh, "Foyet is targeting and stalking our family, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why?" Hotch asks.

I quickly glance at the hooded male before looking back at the ground, "This man is wearing a black hood and taking discreet photos of me - and he accidentally blew his cover while trying to find a better angle. It's almost like he's watching and examining my every move." I state in a concerned tone.

"Annie, listen to me carefully." Hotch states sternly through the phone, "Don't move. Some agents and I will sneak out through the back and take care of - but I need you to continue distracting Foyet." He instructs.

"Okay, you got it." I state, attempting to hang up the phone before Hotch stops me.

"No! Don't hang up - since you're not wired, we need this to be our new form of communication." Hotch states.

"Okay, you got it." I state.

"Now go make me proud." Hotch states.

I smile at the words as they ring through my ears - now go make me proud - I know he's probably only saying them to make me feel better about myself and to get back on my good side, but it feels good to finally hear him say that to me.

I stay on the line, pretending to have a conversation, but secretly just mouthing the words. I out as many thoughts pop into my mind, causing me to panic - like What if this doesn't work? What if I accidentally blow my cover? What will I do then? Will Foyet kill me? Will he run?

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted as I hear mumbling on the other line.

"Hello?" I ask, rhetorically.

"Jules? What's going on?" A familiar voice asks through the other line.

"Derek? Where's Hotch?" I ask.

There's an indistinct mumble on the other line, "I don't know honestly. He just told me to grab an FBI vest and hold onto his phone. Do you know what's going on?" He asks.

"Foyet is here." I whisper distinctly.

Derek gasps, "What? Jules! Get the hell out of there! Where are you!?" He asks as worry rises in his tone.

"I'm outside. Literally downstairs." I mumble.

Derek mumbles something to someone over the phone, "Jules, what the hell are you doing? You could get yourself killed. You know that, right?" He asks.

I scoff, "Of course I fucking know that. I came downstairs to calm myself down, and when I came down, I noticed Foyet taking pictures of me. Now Hotch is making me stakeout down here to help lead the investigation. Hotch is making me stay on the phone since I'm not wired - that's why he has you holding onto it. I am trying to keep myself seem casual - like I'm on a phone call or whatever. So yeah, I'm currently like undercover but not so undercover because Foyet knows it's me, y'know?" I explain.

"I don't know if I like this idea..." Derek states, worry and fear rising in his tone.

"I'll be okay Derek. Okay? I promise." I state.

"Pinky Promise?" Derek asks in a small soft tone, looking for comfort.

I giggle softly, "Pinky Promise." I state, knowing that I'll keep my word and try to keep myself as safe as possible.

Derek chuckles before getting interrupted by other voices, indistinct conversations filling the other line.

Derek grasps a hold of the phone again, chuckling softly, "Okay, I gotta go. Stay safe, my love. I'll see you in a bit. I love you." He states sincerely.

Hotch grasps a hold of the phone before I can say anything to Derek.

"Okay Annie, you ready for action?" Hotch asks.

"Born ready." I state, confidence filling my tone.

"We'll be down in two minutes. When we're down, we'll sneak through the back. I'll have Derek meet you downstairs, and you will subtly walk to the car - Foyet might follow you - if he does, just drive. We will hop in the SUVs and subtly follow you guys. Wait for the signal Derek gives you when the action starts, all right?" Hotch informs me.

"You got it, sir." I state.

Hotch chuckles softly, "Hey kiddo, before you go..." He says, stopping me.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask.

Hotch pauses for a second, "I love you, okay? We'll get out of this mess with Foyet soon. Okay? Now, go make me proud." He states.

I smile to myself, "I love you too Dad." I state, slowly slipping my phone in my pocket.

Before Derek can come downstairs, Foyet approaches me.

"Excuse me, miss." He states in a calm tone.

"Uh hi- Can I help you?" I ask, trying to seem casual.

Foyet chuckles, "My car stopped working and I'm really trying to get to the park to get some photoshoots with some strangers - to help build my brand up. You mind helping me with my car? Do you have, like, some jump cables or something?" He asks.

"Uh no, sorry." I state, shaking my head.

Foyet nods, "Well, maybe you can just come to my car with me and help me see what's wrong with it." He states, shrugging his shoulder.

"No, I'm okay, really." I state, taking a step back.

I turn on my heels, trying to walk away.

Foyet suddenly grabs my arm, "Come with me." He states as I shake my head in refusal, trying to pull away.

"I really don't think this is necessary." I state, trying to pull away so that he can't grab me.

"Come with me and no one will get hurt. Refuse or scream and someone will get hurt." Foyet states, pulling me into a nearby pickup truck.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" I ask as Foyet pushes me into the front seat before slipping into the car through the driver side.

"You get front seat for now - if you signal any other drivers, letting them know that you're in danger, things will get bad. Very, very bad." Foyet threatens.

I go to speak but Foyet covers my mouth before pulling out of the bureau parking lot.

The car engine begins to rumble ten minutes into the drive.

"Shit, I need gas." Foyet grumbles, "Stay here and do not move or even try to leave." He states, taking the door lock from the passenger side.

I grumble, trying to figure out what to do. Oh! I'm still wired! I think to myself.

"Dad? Derek? Can either of you hear me?" I ask, slipping an airpod into my right ever, discreetly covering it with my hair.

Derek sighs in relief, "Jules? Where the hell are you?" He asks, worry rising in his tone.

"A gas station with Foyet." I state, looking around - it literally looks like we're in the middle of no where.

"Garcia is trying to track your cell. Do you have an earpiece or anything on you?" Derek asks.

"I have an airpod." I state in a whispered tone.

"Okay. Try to stay on the call as long as you can - we're trying to track you now." Derek instructs.

I go to say something, but stop myself immediately as Foyet climbs in the car.

"What the hell are you looking at?" Foyet asks in a grumbled tone, slapping me across the face as we speed out of the gas station parking lot.

I wince in pain as I hear Derek let out a soft sniffle.

"Jules, listen to me, please. Don't show weakness. You will be okay. We will find you soon." He states as I mumble as a signal - letting him know that I heard him.

I hear Garcia and Derek have an indistinct conversation.

"We're almost done tracking your cell, baby. Try to stay on a little longer. I love you, okay? Just remember that." He states.

Tears fall down my cheek, stinging as it hits the newly-made bruise and cuts made by Foyet.

"Stop crying!" Foyet exclaims.

"Jules, baby, don't-" Derek begins before service cuts out.

Damn it. I'm not making it out of this alive.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 159 14
[ONGOING] "Amelia. I need you. To tell me. To stop.." When Aaron Hotchner the unit chief of the behavioral analysis unit of the fbi is forced to add...
43.1K 816 18
Disclaimer!!! This is a Fanfiction based on the hit TV series Criminal minds. I do not own the characters featured in the show or anything to do with...
176K 2.7K 40
| Currently being re-written | Y/n has been at the BAU for five year, she's comfortable with whole team. But shes closer around Agent Hotchner. She b...
497K 7.8K 38
Hotch has always been attracted to the young BAU agent and perhaps she feels the same? But what happens when his attraction becomes something more? ...