The Betrayal of the Sister [O...

By bethanyjanebooks

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ɴᴇᴍᴇꜱɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Next Book

Chapter 15

1.7K 61 7
By bethanyjanebooks

Calista, Naomi and Mr Gold were at Mary Margaret's apartment and Emma answered the door when Mr Goldknocked at the door, "Ready to go, Miss Swan?" Mr Gold asked.

"Almost," Emma said and walked into the apartment.

Mr Gold, Naomi and Calista entered the apartment and Henry entered the room with a suitcase and his coat, "Do you think we'll be cold where we're going or warm?" Henry asked.

"I think layers are always a good idea," Emma said.

"I thought the terms of our agreement were quite clear. You owe me a favour, you alone," Mr Gold said to Emma.

"I'm not leaving Henry here with Cora lurking about, so either we both go or we both stay," Emma said.

"Papa... Come on, you know Mama would say the same," Naomi said.

Mr Gold sighed, "Then, we'll have to purchase another plane ticket, won't we?" He said.

Mary Margaret entered and helped Henry with his jacket, "Wait. We're flying?" Emma asked.

"Don't worry, I'm covering expenses," Mr Gold looked at Henry, "Even the new ones," Mr Gold said.

David came downstairs, "You're a real gentleman, aren't you? Alright, Gold, you're going out there with my family. Just know, if anything happens to them..." David said.

"Then you'll what? Cross the town line? And David Nolan will hunt me down in his animal rescue van?" Mr Gold asked.

"Papa," Naomi said.

"I'll be devasted. This isn't a threat. It's a request, take care of them," David looked at Calista, "I'll be needing your help today, with your brother," David said.

"Oh, the joys, do I get to carry my sword so I can chop off his other hand if he annoys me?" Calista asked.

"I promise no harm will come to your family. After all, we have a deal and I ask the said about mine. Oh, and, she's not joking about the chopping," Mr Gold said.

"Uh, alright then, yeah, yeah, bring your sword," David said.

"Thank you, I'll meet you at the hospital," Calista said.

Calista, Naomi, Mr Gold, Emma and Henry left after Emma and Henry said goodbye to Mary Margaret and David.

Mr Gold and Naomi hugged each other, "Bring big brother home, be nice, Papa," Naomi said.

"I'll bring him back sweetheart, promise," Mr Gold said and he looked at Calista, "Be..."

"Yeah, yeah, be careful. I have Rumpelstiltskin's crazy ex on the loose, I got it," Calista said jokingly and Emma, Naomi and Henry looked at her confused, "Don't ask," Calista said to them and she and Mr Gold hugged, "Be careful," She said.

"I will," Mr Gold said and they kissed.

Calista pulled away from Mr Gold and looked at Emma, "If the shawl doesn't work for whatever reason, you bring him straight back," Calista said.

"I will, promise," Emma said and the three got in the car.

Mr Gold waved to his family before he drove off, "Right, let's get you to the diner, Granny and Ruby are watching you until Cora's gone," Calista said.

"Okay, mama," Naomi said.

Later, Calista walked to the hospital desk in her brother's ward with David, Mary Margaret and Leroy.

"Hi, I'd like my brother to be released into my care," Calista said.

"And your brother is?" A nurse asked.

"Killian Jones, uh, Captian Hook," Calista said.

"The most dashing, handsome, rascal and cutthroat pirate captain to ever sail the seven seas," Killian said behind them.

Calista looked at him and looked at the nurse, "The idiot behind us," Calista said.

"Hey!" Killian whined, "Say, what's this? Found it on my tray" Killian asked Calista looked at him as he held a plate of jello.

"Seriously?" David asked.

Killian held it up, "Pirate!" He said.

"It's jello," Calista said with a shrug.

"What the bloody hell is that?" Killian asked her looking very confused.

"It's food you can either eat it willingly or I'm shoving it down your throat," Calista threatened him folding her arms.

Killian looked at her again, "At first I thought I was hallucinating you being here with the heroes. You're quite real, aren't you?" Killian said.

Calista walked to him and placed her hand on his arm, "Last chance, eat your damn jello, get dressed and come with me, or I'll do something that will make you beg for me to allow you to finally pick opinion one. So, opinion one now, or opinion one later, your choice?" Calista said.

"What's in it?" Killian asked her as he lifted up the plate more.

"Bloody eat it!" Calista said.

Killian looked at her, "Yes ma'am," Killian said.

"Good boy," She tapped his arm, "Finally picked something correct for a change," Calista walked to the desk, "So, as you can see I have a temper, my brother goes into my care now or I'll make you regret it," Calista said.

"Please," David said to the nurse.

"What he said," Calista said.

David, Mary Margaret, Leroy, Killian and Calista were on the docks, Killian walked with an obvious limp, holding his ribs.

"You didn't even ask me about my recovery," Killian said.

Calista rolled her eyes, "It's because I don't care," Calista said.

"You don't mean that," Killian said.

"What part of my attitude towards you shows I care for you?" Calista asked.

Killian pointed to the ground neck to him where she was, "You're here," Killian pointed to the other side of the line of people, "And not over there," Killian said and placed his hand back on his ribs.

"Where's the ship?" David interrupted them and Killian looked at him, "Come on. Archie told us. It's shielded somehow, isn't it, mate?" David said.

"Aye... That it is. Follow me," Killian led them towards where the ship was docked, "I don't know what you expect to find. Cora won't be there," Killian said.

"Well, maybe she left something behind that will tell us where she went. Let's go," David said as they walked.

Leroy glared at Killian from behind, "No funny business. I'm watching, pirate," Calista looked at Leroy, "Not you," Leroy said.

"Yes, dwarf. That should deter me from any maleficence," Killian said.

"Oh, don't worry, Leroy. He'll help us," Mary Margaret said.

"What makes you so sure?" Killian asked her.

"Because you're a pirate. You know which way rhe wind blows and right now, it is gusting towards us. Your sisters' on the right side, will you join her?" Mary Margaret said.

"Oh, I see where your daughter got her gumption. Follow me," Killian said.

The group arrived at the pier where the ship was anchored, Killian and Calista walked up the invisible stairs and they disappeared behind the shield. David, Mary Margaret and Leroy follow them onto the ship.

"What's it like to be home?" Killian asked looking at Calista.

"This isn't my home," Calista said.

"You sailed this ship from our land. Can you sail it back?" Leroy asked him.

"Our ship? She's a marvel-" Killian said.

"Our?" Calista said.

"Aye, you still rank here. Anyway, she's made from enchanted wood. We gathered many a storm together, seen many strange, glittering shores, but, to travel between lands, she must go through a portal," Killian said.

"Yeah. What do you know about Cora's plans?" David asked.

"Cora's not the most communicative of lasses. I'll tell you this, whatever malice she has in mind, her weapon of choice is in here," Killian said as he gestured to a tarp-covered box.

Leroy and David pulled back the tarp to reveal a cage with a man inside, "Who's that?" Mary Margaret asked.

"If you're wanting to recruit new pirates, this won't work," Calista said.

"He's a giant, well, was... From the beanstalk, Emma and I climbed to retrieve the compass," Killian said.

"Ah, beanstalk climbing, fun," Calista said.

"So, Cora used magic to make him travel-sized?" Leroy questioned.

"Whatever she intends to do with him, it's important," Killian said.

"Oh, I think you know exactly what she intends. You're holding out," David said as he walked to Killian.

"Well, either have your lovely wife torture of out of me, which I promise will be fun for both-" Killian began to say.

David grabbed Killian by the throat and shoved him against some stacked barrels, "Why don't you and I have some fun?" David asked.

"I don't know what she's planning. Why don't you wake the bloody giant and ask him yourself?" Killian said and extended the key to the cage towards his sister.

Calista took the key and unlocked the door to the cage, she opened the door. Mary Margaret crouched down and touched the shrunken giant on his shoulder, causing the giant to wake up with a start.

"Hey... It's alright. You're safe now," Mary Margaret said.

The giant crawled out of the cage and stood up, "What's your name?" Calista asked.

"Anton. Where's the witch?" Anton asked.

"She's gone," Mary Margaret said.

Anton looked down at him and noticed he was nearly at the same height as them, "What did she do? She made me small," Anton said.

"Come on. Let's get you out of here," David said.

Anton looked at David, "You," Anton said.

"Me?" David said.

"You!" Anton raised his voice and punched David in the face, causing the prince to fall backwards.

"David!" Mary Margaret yelled.

"Hey! Hey, over here, you big-!" Leroy tried to distract Anton but was thrown down the stairs of the ship. Calista grabbed a rope and swung down to Leroy grabbing him before he hit the ground. He looked at her shocked, they stood on the end of the ship, "Where's your brother?" Leroy said.

Calista looked around and saw that Killian wasn't there, "Oh, bloody hell," Calista sneered.

"You may have me outnumbered, but this isn't over. Do you think I forgot what you did? I didn't. You'll pay for your evil. I promise! You'll pay!" Anton declared.

Anton went towards Calista and Leroy as he fleed from the ship, Calista grabbed Leroy again and pushed them off the edge, and held the rope as they swung around to Mary Margaret and David.

Later, David, Mary Margaret, Leroy, Naomi and Calista were sitting in a booth at Granny's diner.

"David... What did that giant just say he'll make you pay? For what?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I have no idea. I've never seen that guy before," David said.

"Well, he sure knows you," Leroy said.

"Did you ever see him or do something so small, it could've been taken the wrong way?" Calista asked.

"No," David shook his head then thought for a few moments, "It's not about me. He just thinks it is," David said.

"Huh?" Leroy and Calista said.

"Oh, oh, oh! I know! I know!" Naomi said as she bounced in her seat.

David looked at her amused, "I'm guessing he's in the book?" David asked.

"Well, he's mentioned. There wasn't much about him," Naomi looked at her confused mother, "His brother," Naomi said.

"Your brother, that's who he thinks you are," Mary Margaret said.

"It's the only thing that makes sense. Come on," David said.

"Where are we going?" Mary Margaret asked.

"To find out just what kind of trouble my brother got himself into. Leroy, gather the dwarves. Calista with Mary Margaret and me... And Naomi, stay here. We need to keep an eye out for this giant," David said.

"I'll stay if I have some money for a soda and a big serving mac and cheese," Naomi said to David.

David looked at Calista, "Hey, you're the one who told her to stay so you have to give her the money," Calista said.

Mary Margaret chuckled, "Go on David," Mary Margaret said.

"Fine, here you go," David said getting his wallet out and he handed the money over to Naomi.

Naomi smiled, "Thank you, I'll stay here," Naomi said.

"Good girl," Calista said and kissed her daughter's head then followed the others out.

In Boston, Emma, Henry and Mr Gold had successfully made it to the airport and Mr Gold still had his memories. They picked up their boarding passes from the desk and they enter the security line.

"Have you ever been outside of Storybrooke before, Mr Gold?" Henry asked.

"No," Mr Gold said.

"Are you nervous?" Henry asked.

"No," Mr Gold answered.

"Are you worried about meeting your son?" Henry asked.

"No, Henry, I'm fine," Mr Gold said.

"How about we talk about all this later, kid? We're next," Emma said.

Henry and Emma began taking off their shoes to put them in boxes.

"It must be really hard not to use magic, being like everyone else," Henry said.

"You'vegotto put your shoes in," Emma told Mr Gold.

"How terribly uncivilised," Mr Gold said and took off his shoes as Henry went through the metal detector.

"Uh, scarf and the cane go in the basket," The TSA said.

"What?" Mr Gold said.

"Scarf and cane go in the basket," The TSA repeated.

"I can't," Mr Gold said.

"You have to," Emma said behind him.

"It ain't rocket science, buddy. You ever been on a plane before?" The man behind them interrupted annoyed at the delay.

"Have you ever been impaled upon a cane before?" Mr Gold asked the man angrily.

Emma held Mr Gold took and took hold of the cane, "My... Father's a little nervous. We're headed to a family reunion. Sorry," Emma said.

"Father?" Mr Gold said confused.

"Just put your shawl in the bin, I'll help you get through," Emma said.

Mr Gold looked at her, "If I let this go, I could forget who I am and my family, again," Mr Gold said to her.

"I'm not going to let that happen... Your wife is pretty scary when it comes to you," Emma said trying to reassure him.

"Okay," Mr Gold said and nodded.

Mr Gold took the shawl off and placed it in the box with his cane when he does his hearing became distorted and he stumbled as he walked through the metal detector in an almost trance-like state. Emma followed him through and she quickly of his shawl from his bin when it came through security, she placed it around his neck then his hearing and mind went back to normal.

Mr gold gave her a slight nod and the two of them began to put their shoes back on as Henry waited for them.

"Guys, there's Cinnabons here!" Henry said before running off.

Emma, Mr Gold and Henry are waiting by their gate, Mr Gold was pacing back and forth.

"Do you want something to eat?" Emma asked him.

"No," Mr Gold said.

"Is something wrong?" Emma asked.

"Stop asking me that!" Mr Gold sighed, "I'll be right back," He said and left.

Mr Gold walked into the men's restroom, he entered one of the stalls and locked the door. Still anxious he paced back and forth until he dropped his cane and began violently punching the toilet sear cover dispenser on the wall. Afterwards, Mr Gold leaned against the wall and looked down at his bloodied hand. He waved his hand over his wound to heal himself, but nothing happened, he tried again with the same result. He heard a rustle from his pocket, he dug into it to find a folded piece of paper, he opened it up 'Look at your phone if you need a smile. Love you, darling. - C.S.'

Mr Gold took out his phone and turned his phone on to see a picture of Calista and Naomi on his home screen, Naomi held a piece of card 'Love you, Papa, keep going!'

Henry opened the door to the restroom, "Mr Gold?" Henry called out, "Mr Gold? We're boarding soon. Are you coming?" Henry said.

Mr Gold continued to look at the picture, ignoring Henry trying to calm down before he stepped out of the restroom.

Back in Storybrooke, Mary Margaret, David and Calista watch from a distance as Anton who was now full size, terrorised the town.

"That's right! Run! Run!" Anton yelled as he picked up a car and threw it in David and Mary Margaret's direction. David pulled Mary Margaret and Calista behind a wall as Anton continued down his path of destruction.

The citizens of Storybrooke scramble for safety as Mary Margaret, Calista and David follow Anton, "Head to the town hall! Bring anyone you find on the way! Calista get Leroy!" David said.

"You got it," Calista ran the opposite direction and ran towards where Leroy was.

Leroy was with his brothers and he looked at her running towards him, "What is it?" He asked her.

"David wants everyone at the town line, and to spread the word," Calista said to the dwarfs then looked at Leroy, "But he wants you with us," Calista told him.

"Let's go," Leroy said and he and Calista ran back where Calista came as the six other dwarfs helped the citizens get to the safety of town hall.

Calista ran in the direction that Anton had ran in, "Emma? Let me talk to her. She says you're okay, then I'll stop," Anton's voice came.

"This way," Leroy said and they headed towards where his voice came from, they ran up to Mary Margaret and David who were standing opposite Anton.

"She's kind of out of town," Mary Margaret told him.

"Really?" Anton said.

"But when she gets back, I know she'll really want to talk to you," Mary Margaret said.

"How convenient. Everyone I'm looking for isn't around! All you humans do is lie, and cheat, and kill and I'm sick of it!" Anton said.

"We should, uh, run. I'm good with a sword but not against a giant," Calista said.

"Yeah," David said and the four ran from Anton as he charged at them.

"So, let me get this straight, you got a twin brother?" Leroy said to David.

"Yeah," David said.

"His name is James?" Leroy said.

"Right," David said.

"Well, your name is James," Leroy said.

"No, actually, it's not," David said.

"It's Charming, then?" Leroy asked.

"No, that's the nickname I gave him," Mary Margaret said.

"Hey, hold on. What the hell is your name?" Leroy asked.

"David," David said.

"Your curse name?" Leroy asked.

"My real name!" David said.

"What, you're David, James and Charming? Is David like a middle name?" Leroy asked.

"No! It's my name-name," David said.

"It's not rocket science Leroy," Calista said.

"You know what? I'm going to call you what I damn well, please! Is that okay?!" Leroy said.

"Sure, Leroy," David said.

"So, what's the plan?" Calista asked.

"Lead the giant away from here, so he can't hurt anyone," David said.

"Wait, if we keep heading in this direction, we're going to hit the town line," Mary Margaret said.

"Okay, new plan," David said.

"The docks?" Calista suggested.

"Yeah," David said and they turned a corner, heading towards the docks.

The four of them stopped near the docks, David approached the giant and the others watched him in shock, "What are you doing?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Giving him when he wants. Anton! How about we make a deal?" David suggested.

Anton stopped running and glared at David, "I don't make deals with humans," Anton said.

"Just hear me out. I'll surrender myself to you if you spare the lives of everyone in Storybrooke," David said.

"David, you can't do this," Mary Margaret said.

"If I don't, the whole town will suffer. I can't allow that. Well, what do you say?" David asked.

"Deal," Anton decided.

Anton lunged towards David and tried to jump on him. However, Mary Margaret pulled David out of the way at the last second, Leroy pulled Calista out of the way for safety and Anton ended up Jumping straight through the ground. He was stuck when suddenly he disappeared in a puff of blue smoke and all that was left was a large hole in the ground.

"Where'd he go?" Calista asked.

"I'm not sure," David said.

The four cautiously walked over to the hold and they looked down to find Anton hanging on to an underground pipe.

Leroy made a call, explaining what had happened and what they'd need to get to Anton. The dwarfs, Granny, Ruby and Naomi arrived at the scene with a truck and some rope. David wrapped the rope around his waist and lowered himself down. At first, Anton didn't want help and he claimed that he should just let go of the pipe and fall to his death. David was able to convince him otherwise and Anton grabbed David's hand, everyone worked together to pull them both out of the hole to safety.

Everyone soon made their way to Granny's but Calista was stood on the Jolly Roger, looking at the sea she heard footsteps behind her. Killian stood beside her, leading on the edge slightly, "Heard you had the time of your life running for a giant," Killian said.

"Apparently so," Calista said and took a swing from his flask he left in the Captain Quarters.

"Is that..." He said.

"It's empty now," She said and handed it back to him.

Killian sighed and took it, "Yep, I regret it," Killian said.

"Now what?" Calista asked.

"Making you into a female version of me," Killian said.

"Ah, well luckily, I'm a one-man kind of woman where you like multiples at once... So, you see we're not the same," Calista said.

"I, uh," He stood up straight and looked at her, "I've been thinking," He said.

"I should admit you back into the hospital and have your brain checked out for any shortages then," Calista said.

"Very funny," Killian said.

"I know, I'm hilarious," Calista said and looked at him.

"I've been thinking... Liam, he wouldn't be impressed with what happens between us," Killian said.

"No, but then again... Whose fault is that again?" Calista asked.

"Yes I know, it was mine," Killian looked at her, "I am sorry Cali, you are the only family I have left. I did feel betrayed when you told me you married the bloody Crocodile and I damn well deserved to feel betrayed," Killian said.

"I never said you didn't deserve to feel betrayed by me, Killian. If you felt betrayed by that, then don't expect me not to feel betrayed by you ordering my daughter and your nieces," Calista said.

"I know, I know, it was bloody stupid of me. Alright?! It was wrong and I'm sorry!" Killian said.

"Thing is Killian, I don't know if I believe that... You're working with Cora, who has a history with Rumpel," Calista said.

"What kind of history?" Killian asked.

"You know the kind," Calista said.

"Ah... Explains a lot," Killian said.

"Well, I'll be off, I need to pick up Naomi," Calista said and started walking away.

"Why can't the Crocodile do that?" Killian asked.

"They don't like him around, but they like me," Calista said.

"Hey, Calista," Calista turned to him and he walked to him, "I know you're done with me, but know this, you'll never be truly done with me, as I will never truly done with you," Killian said.

"That a threat?" Calista asked.

"No, it's a promise," He tucked some hair behind her ear, "Even if you don't see me as a brother, I see you as my little sister. When the time comes, you'll remember that feeling of having a brother, having me as your big brother again and I'll wait. I'll wait for you and Naomi to come home," Killian said.

"We are home. Home is where Rumpel is," Calista said.

"If you honestly believe that and if that is honestly true, I'll try to accept it, but I'll never give up on my revenge," Killian said.

"Are you done? I really have to go," Calista said.

Killian exhaled deeply through his nose, "Aye, I'm done with talking about it for now," Killian said.

"Goodbye," Calista said and walked off the ship.

Killian stayed on the ship as he watched her walk away.

At the airport, Emma, Henry and Mr Gold had boarded the plane and were waiting for takeoff. Henry had a box of cinnamon buns on his lap.

"You good, kid?" Emma asked.

"You kidding? A trip with you, first plane ride and we're going on a quest like in the book. The only thing that could make this day better? Is more frosting," Henry said as he lifted the box of cinnamon buns a little.

Emma looked down and noticed Mr Gold's bandaged hand, "It's going to be alright. We're going to find your son," Emma said.

"I know," Mr Gold said.

"Welcome, folks, to Ajira Airline's regional flight fifty-three, with non-stop service to New York City. Our flight time tonight is forty-two minutes. Please, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride," The announcement said.

The plane engine started and Mr Gold stared ahead of him blankly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 798 21
The curse is broken. Families are reunited. But this is Storybrooke, and life here was never going to be easy. What happens when Tasha finds herself...
151K 4K 29
"ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ꜱɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴜꜱʙᴀɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ɴ...
117K 3K 45
"ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴀꜱɪʟʏ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ʙʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇᴍ. ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ʀᴏꜱᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇ...
109K 3.3K 28
ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ɴᴇᴍᴇꜱɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ʟᴏᴠᴇ? Calista Jones lives with those questions daily, she is th...