Under my skin

By JuliaGolafshan

A simple walk in the park one day leads Ivy to becoming close friends with Niall Horan, teen heartthrob and m... More

Chapter 1 - Same old, same old.
Chapter 2 - An unexpected meeting
Chapter 3 - Going in circles
Chapter 4 - A boring date, an interesting conversation.
Chapter 5 - A mystery to be solved.
Chapter 6 - Meeting the boys.
Chapter 7 - studying; directioner style.
Chapter 8 - Truth or dare.
Chapter 9 - Old memories come back.
Chapter 10 - Group chat?
Chapter 11 - Open emotion.
Chapter 12 - Mean girls.
Chapter 13 - School heats up.
Chapter 14 - The carrot dance.
Chapter 15 - Excuses to run.
Chapter 16 - A crazy 1D video.
Chapter 17 - You're beautiful.
Chapter 18 - Hatemail.
Chapter 19 - Words cut. Literally.
Chapter 20 - Harry & Nando's.
Chapter 21 - Leaving like Mum.
Chapter 22 - Safe in their arms.
Chapter 23 - Who wouldn't say yes to Niall Horan?
Chapter 24 - Pizza and a boyfriend.
Chapter 25 - Niall finds out the truth.
Chapter 26 - Saved by Nialler.
Chapter 27 - Another scarring mark.
Chapter 28 - Her past comes into the open.
Chapter 29 - Kicked out?
Chapter 30 - A crazy arrangement.
Chapter 31 - Surprise!
Chapter 32 - The last sleepover.
Chapter 33 - Jetsetter Ivy.
Chapter 34 - Scars are eventually seen.
Chapter 35 - the last night.
Chapter 36 - Save me.
Chapter 37 - Letters and a body.
Chapter 38 - Love Ivy.
Chapter 39 - The past doesn't change.
Chapter 40 - All secrets eventually become known.
Chapter 41 - Reading mail.
Sequel :)

Chapter 42 - A new beginning.

3K 74 66
By JuliaGolafshan

*Author's note*

THE LAST CHAPTER EVER!!!

I feel so sad that it's over, but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANKYOU for reading and sticking by every single chapter!

I love the ending, I feel it's beautiful. Even though life doesn't always have happy endings, it's nice that some people do.

PLEASE, when you finish this chapter, comment and give me feedback about the WHOLE book. Did you like the ending? Should I change something in my next book?

I'm going to be writing two new books, and updating in a few days - they are called 'Liam's little accident', and 'I dare you, Harry Styles.'

PLEASE read them, and spread the word along to your friends.

A special thanks to readforlife, who designed my cover.

I love every single one of you - if you've read one chapter, or the whole book: THANK YOU.

And without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, the last chaper.

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 42 - @Julia_Golafshan (twitter)

*Niall's POV*

Before Ivy could hit Harry again, I held her hands, and kissed them softly.

"Ivy," I whispered into her ear, "don't do anything now that you're going to regret later, okay?"

She looked at me and nodded, and I could see her eyes tearing up.

"Hey, don't cry!" I said in an alarmed voice, "I'm always here for you. Okay? I just need to go outside and talk to Harry for a second."

I took some deep breaths to calm myself, and walked outside, indicating to Harry to follow. I knew what I was going to say to him: Harry, you made a mistake, and I forgive you for kissing my girlfriend. Let's be mates again. Then I was going to ask him about the mail situation.

Or that's what I was going to say - until Harry said "Control your girlfriend, Niall! She's slapped me twice in as many days - she just can't keep her hands off me."

That was when I lost it.

*Liam's POV*

I was so proud of Niall; he was outside with Harry, and instead of fighting and getting angry over what Harry did, he was taking the high way out, and talking it out like a man.

Louis told both Zayn and I this morning what Harry had done - we both needed to find out so if anything awkward happened between Niall, Harry or Ivy, we could at least know part of the situation.

But just as I was smiling and thinking about how everyone was starting to get along again, I heard a resounding noise behind me.

I turned to see Harry bending over, and Niall with a bloody fist.

Oh dear Lord, what have they done now?!

*Ivy's POV*

I could see the whole thing from my bed - Harry obviously said something that ticked Niall off, and Niall threw the first punch.

Although I don't condone violence, I couldn't help but feel slightly pleased with my boyfriend for punching the idiot that had kissed me.

Oh, and add to that reading my mail!

I honestly can't believe it.

Not only does he have the nerve to kiss another guy's girlfriend, but he also goes through my phone and my twitter!

I can only imagine what he read from the guy I marked 'twitter fiend'.

I thought if I just ignored the hate mail he was sending me that he would go away, because all celebrities get hate mail at some point.

But no, he kept coming back - now he even has my number.

I kept it from everyone else because I know they would probably all over-react, but I guess now I don't have a choice.

An angry yell disrupted my thoughts, and I blinked my eyes into focussing, when I realized that Harry and Niall were really starting to get into a fight.

Harry's face had blood in different spots, coming out from his nose mainly, and Niall had blood on his shirt!

"NIALL!" I yelled, struggling to get out of the bed, "STOP! He's not worth your trouble!" Zayn rushed to get me back into the bed as I collapsed on the floor.

My body was just too weak to start walking again.

Niall delivered one final blow, and Harry crumbled to the ground; as soon as his fist touched Harry's face, he rushed over to me and held me.

"Oh Ivy, I told you stay put! Why did you try to move?"

His blue eyes were mesmerizing, and I struggled to get words to come out of my mouth.

"I don't want you to f-fight for me," I stuttered, touching his lips and noticing a few drops of blood dripping down.

"You've got a busted lip!" I tried to shout, but Niall just laughed.

"Ivy, I fought for you. It was worth it. But..." he drifted off, and I braced myself - "we need to talk about these messages he found?"

Before he could say anything else, I quickly blurted out, "They're from some crazy person, I don't know who, but I haven't replied, so please don't be concerned about me, okay?"

Eventually, of course, Niall coaxed the whole story out of me, and by the time I finished, I noticed no one else was in the room.

Liam, Harry, Zayn and Louis had all left.

It was already 3pm, and I was starving; but Niall was probably ravenous.

As if reading my mind, he said, "Do you by any chance know if the hospital has chocolate?"

He put on a jacket to hide the blood stains from their fight, and as he left, Paul walked in.

"I hear you were the cause of a certain fight?" he said sternly, and I meekly nodded, but then his jolly laugh startled me!

"Boys will be boys Ivy, and it wasn't your fault - you couldn't have stopped them if you wanted to! But Harry did tell me about a certain cyber stalker, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Why didn't you tell someone earlier?"

I mumbled a reply, but he smiled in response.

"It doesn't matter - we've hired one of the best electronic trackers of their kind, and they are currently narrowing in on your stalker as we speak."

Instantly I felt relieved, and thanked him. I tried to sit up and hug him, but he moved back.

"Stay put Ivy, you need to rest. You can hug me later."

Just then Niall walked in, and I spied two chocolate bars in his pocket... not to mention the chocolate all over his mouth, and the chocolate bar in his mouth.

What can I say? You can't stop the boy eating!

He carefully lay himself down on my bed as Paul made a subtle exit, and gave me a chocolate bar, and together we lay side-by-side, savouring the rich and sweet taste.

"Harry was in the café I went to," he remarked, and I caught my breath.

"We both apologized for being so thick headed, and I'm sorry for making you worry. Are we okay?"

"Of course!" I gushed, "But did you really sort all those issues out?"

"We've been friends for too long to let our stubbornness get the better of us. He is truly sorry for the pain he caused you, Ivy. I genuinely believe that."

"Yeah, I know," I smiled, "I do forgive him - he just made a mistake."

"That's my girl! I'm so amazed at your grace," Niall said quietly, and I gently kissed his lips.

Niall finished his chocolate first, of course, and started to trace the bandages on my wrist, soft and lovingly, with the weight of a feather, as I put my head against his shoulder.

Lying together on a hospital bed we fell asleep, as a couple who was slowly learning to love the other, no matter the circumstance - despite the situation around us, we were learning what unconditional love truly means.

And slowly but surely, we were falling in love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 376 18
What happens when your life turns into hell after your best mate/ lover committed 'suicide'? What happens when you go years thinking you best mate, y...
163K 5.5K 54
Jackie thinks nothing of it when she sends a letter to her favorite boy band member, Niall Horan. But what shocks her is that he actually answers, an...
1.8K 96 30
Delilah loves her life. Well, since she ran away from her uncle to live with Niall and Harry she loves it. What happens when she lives with the only...
178K 1.6K 35
Like any serious love stories, most end in happiness. El thought she was in love. She had the perfect life: She was dating Harry Styles, from the fa...