The Betrayal of the Sister [O...

By bethanyjanebooks

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ɴᴇᴍᴇꜱɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Next Book

Chapter 12

1.7K 65 3
By bethanyjanebooks

The Jolly Roger was anchored at the docks of Storybrooke, seeing that the coast was clear, Killian jumped off the ship and he proceeded to assist Cora off the ship.

"Well, my dear Cora, this is where we shall part ways. Thank you for everything, it's time for me to skin my Crocodile and get my sister," Killian said and started to leave but Cora disappeared and reappeared in front of him, stopping him in his tracks.

"You might want to rethink this," Cora said.

"We had a deal. Get out of my way," Killian said.

"Believe it or not, I'm doing you a favour," Cora said.

"By preventing my vengeance?" Killian asked.

"Ask yourself how I'm doing that," Cora said.

"By using your dark magic," Killian said.

"Exactly. Magic is here and that makes matters a bit more complicated. If you go off half-cocked after an empowered Rumpelstiltskin, do you know what'll happen?" Killian looked away, "So, you do," He looked at her, "Good," Cora said.

A fisherman spotted the two on the pier and approached them, "Hey, you folks need anything?" Cora and Killian looked at him, "Tackle shop doesn't open until morning. But, if you want to go out and try and snare some of New England's finest pescatarian creatures, I'd be happy to open early for ya," The fisherman said.

"No, thank you. We're fine," Killian said.

The fisherman saw the Jolly Roger, "It's a fine vessel you got there. When'd you get in?" The fisherman asked.

"What vessel?" Cora asked.

"W-Why the one right..." The fisherman began to say but Cora waved her hand and the ship turned invisible, "Hey, that's a neat trick," He looked at Cora, "You some kind of magician back in our land?" He asked.

Cora got annoyed and she magically transformed the man into a fish. The fish flopped on the dock, Killian walked to it and kicked it into the water before turning to Cora, "What did you do with my ship?" Killian asked.

"I hid it from prying eyes. For what we both want to do, we need the element of surprised. Now, you ready to listen to me?" Cora said.

"Go on, Your Majesty. What now?" Killian asked.

"Let's go have a little look at this Storybrooke, shall we?" Cora said.

The next day, Calista was cooking in the kitchen and Mr Gold walked in, she glanced at him and looked away from him.

"Are you going to keep ignoring me when we're alone and talk to me when company is around?" Mr Gold asked.

"No, I talk to you when I believe you deserve a response, which right now but doesn't mean I like it," Calista said.

"I know you're still angry at me. I really am sorry, I'd never hurt you," Mr Gold said.

"Yeah, but you did that's the thing," She looked at him, "You're just like him... Say you'll never hurt me and when I say or do something neither of you likes, I get ordered to killed or I have magic used against me," Calista said.

"I am nothing like him," Mr Gold said.

"No, you're worse because you have my heart, you can hurt me in more that one way Rumpel," Calista said.

Mr Gold took a deep breath and walked to her, he kissed the back of her head and her shoulder, "I'll write a contract stating I'll never hurt you again. If I have to," Mr Gold said.

Calista's phone buzzes and she looked at it, "Emma's invited me and Naomi to Granny's tonight," Calista said.

"Not me?" Mr Gold said.

"She, uh, she's probably doing it so you cause a panic... You know being the Dark One," Calista said.

"Ah, okay," Mr Gold said.

"I'm gonna go to the shop, finish Naomi's breakfast please," Calista said and walked out of their home.

Calista walked out of the convenience store carrying shopping brown paper bags and walked to her car.

"Let me," A man said and took two of them.

"Oh, thank you," She said and look up to see the man wearing a hood, his face covered. She took out her car key and unlocked the car then opened the trunk.

"You've, uh, you've got a lot," He said.

"Aye, I do... It's for tonight... A few friends having a party," Calista said and put the bags in the trunk of her car.

"You seem happy," He said.

"Oh, I'm not, I just know how to lie easily," Calista said.

"Really?" He bags he held into the trunk.

"Yeah, my brother taught me well, he lied to me daily for centuries," She closed the trunk, "Well, thanks for helping, bye," Calista said and got into the driver's seat before driving off.

The man watched her drove off before he walked into an alleyway and removed the hood to reveal Killian, Cora stood waiting for him, "Seriously?" Cora asked.

"I had to see her," Killian said.

"Couldn't it have waited? What if your disguise didn't work?" Cora asked.

"Well, it did," Killian said.

Cora rolled her eyes, "Unbelievable," She said.

Later that day, in the evening, Calista and Naomi walked into Granny's Diner where a lot of citizens were. Calista carried a pasta bake and Ruby walked to her.

"Hey," Ruby said and took the dish, "You okay?"

"Yeah we're fine, thanks, Ruby," Calista said.

"No problem," Ruby said and walked to the counter.

Mary Margaret walked to Calista and they hugged, "How was he when you said it was just the two of you?" She asked.

"Oh, we've hardly spoken but it's nothing I can't handle," Calista said as they walked to Charming family with Naomi.

"Hey, Calista," David said.

"Hi," Calista said

"Why can't Papa be here?" Naomi asked the Charming's.

"Well..." David said unsure.

"His presence might upset some people," Calista said.

"Yeah," David said.

"And your Papa understands that. That's why he is fine with us being here, he doesn't want you to miss out on the fun," Calista said.

"Okay..." Naomi said.

"Hey, Naomi come on, let's check out the food," Henry said.

"Okay," Naomi said and followed him to the counter.

"So, do we call you Mrs Gold now?" Emma asked trying to lighten her friend's mood and handed Calista a glass of rum.

"Oh, uh, no, Calista or Cali is fine," Calista told her.

"Alright... Calista doesn't that means... Beautiful, right?" Calista nodded, "Still Beauty and the Beast," Calista looked at Emma confused, "Your main story, you know Beauty and the Beast," Emma said.

"Oh, right, yeah," Calista said.

"Calista? What is it?" Emma asked.

"My brother..." Emma and Mary Margaret looked at her, "Did he say anything about me?" Calista asked.

"Just that he regretted what he did and wanted to make it right... He seemed the most sincere when he was talking about you," Mary Margaret said.

"But he stills wants revenge on Gold," Emma said.

"So, basically what he wants is..." Calista sighed, "He wants me broken and unable to see any light in the dark," Calista said.

"I'm sure that's not true. I see the love you still have for him, it's in your eyes," Mary Margaret said.

"Yeah, well, I may love him but I'll never forgive him. Anyway, enough about that, this is about you two," Calista said.

David cleared his throat and everyone looked at him, "I just wanted to, uh, thank you all for joining us tonight. Mary Margaret and I, we have a saying... That we will always find each other and, while I believe that with all my heart, I'd like you all to raise your glasses and join me when I say... Here's to not having to look for a while. To Mary Margaret and Emma!" David said.

Everyone clinked their glasses and sipped their drinks as Regina entered with a casserole dish. Everyone looked at her, "Sorry I'm late," Regina said.

Leroy grabbed a knife, "What is she doing here?" Leroy asked.

"I invited her," Emma said.

Calista saw Belle at the counter and she walked to her, "You look like you need another," Belle said.

"Don't I know it... Can... Can I join you?" Calista asked.

"Always," Belle said with a smile.

Calista sat beside her and dished up some of her pasta bake handing her the dish and dished up another, "Sorry lunch didn't go to plan the yesterday," Calista said.

"It's okay, there's always other days," Belle said.

"Of course," Calista said and looked at Naomi who was sat with Henry and Regina.

Outside the diner, on a nearby roof, Killian was looking through his telescope at his sister as they waited for Regina to leave.

After a while, Regina was alone and left the diner, Emma followed after her and they talked outside before they went their separate ways.

Cora and Killian watched Regina, "Well, is she broken?" Killian asked.

"Not yet," Cora said.

Two days, Calista was polishing the unicorn mobile as her husband watched her.

"I forgive you, you can stop watching my every movement, love," Calista said and walked to him.

"I know how you can get with grudges," Mr Gold said.

"Oh, hush, I'm not as bad as my brother holding onto a grudge for 200 years," Calista walked into the back, picked up a basket she had hidden and walked back to him, she placed it on the counter in front of him.

"What's this?" He asked her.

"Me apologising," Calista said.

"May I?" Calista nodded and he opened the basket to see a packed picnic for two, "Oh, well, that looks delicious. Where are we taking this picnic?" Emma, David and Mary Margaret walked in, "Ah, maybe nowhere now... Nothing warms the heart more than a family reunited. You have your mother's chin, Miss Swan," Mr Gold said.

"We know that you killed him," Emma said.

"And your father's tact," Mr Gold said.

"Who'd he apparently kill?" Calista asked.

"Dr Hopper and it's not apparently," Emma said.

"Why on earth would you think I had anything to do with that," Mr Gold said.

"Because all the evidence points to Regina," Emma said.

"And she's not possibly capable of doing something like that?" Calista said.

"It's a frame job," Emma said.

"It wouldn't be the first time you used someone to try to hurt her," Mary Margaret said.

"Nice to see your memory's still intact, dearie, but this time, I'm afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you. It wasn't me," Mr Gold said.

"Why should we believe you?" David said.

"Uh, believe I live with him and he was in the house all night as I couldn't sleep," Calista said.

"He could've used magic on you," David said.

"David..." Emma said.

"Don't worry about it Calista. I can prove I didn't do it, ask the witness," Mr Gold said.

"No one was there," Emma said.

"Well, that's not strictly true now, is it?" Mr Gold said.

David found Pongo and led him into the shop, Mr Gold pets him, "Hey, boy. Good boy. Good boy, good boy," Mr Gold said.

"How, uh, how is it I've spent 10 years with you and I didn't know you were a dog person?" Calista asked.

"Well... A long time ago, in another life, I got to know a sheepdog or two and if you knew, you'd probably want one," Mr Gold said.

"Hmmm... True," Calista said.

"That's fascinating. But unless you speak dog, how is Pongo going to tell us anything?" Emma asked.

Mr Gold stood up, "Through magic, of course. It won't all us to communicate, but it will allow us to... Extract his memories," Mr Gold said.

"Extract?" David asked.

"You don't have to worry. He won't feel a thing," Mr Gold said.

"Why should we trust you? Couldn't you just as easily use magic to fool us?" Emma asked.

"Because I'm not going to be the one using magic, you are," Mr Gold said as he pointed at Emma.

"Me? How?" Emma asked.

"You have it within you. Told me so yourself, " Mr Gold looked at Mary Margaret, "You witnessed it, didn't you?" He said.

Mary Margaret looked at her daughter, "Emma, you don't have to do this," Mary Margaret said.

"If it tells us something about Archie's death, then so be it," Emma said.

Mr Gold took out a dream catcher from one of the cupboards and held it up, "Do you know what this is?" Mr Gold asked Emma.

Emma looked at it, "A dream catcher," Emma said.

"Well... It's capable of catching so much more," Mr Gold said, he slowly ran the dream catcher along Pongo's back and it caused the dream catcher to start glowing bright yellow.

"What is that?" Calista asked.

"Memories. Now," Mr Gold handed the dream catcher to Emma, "Miss Swan, you show us how," Mr Gold said.

Emma took the dream catcher in both hands and looked at the bright yellow swirl, "How? It's just a jumble," Emma said.

"Will it. Will it and we shall all see," Mr Gold said as he stood beside his wife.

Emma held the dream catcher in front of her, she concentrated on the jumbled swirl in the middle of the dreamcatcher, but nothing happened, "I can't," Emma said.

"Yes, you can," Mr Gold said.

Emma briefly closed her eyes, which caused the jumble to transform into an actual image. In the dream catcher, Pongo's memories of Regina entering Archie's office played in front of them all.

"Emma... You're doing it," David said as he put his hands on Mary Margaret's shoulders.

"Regina," Emma said as she looked at the memory.

The memory played to the part where they saw Regina grab Archie by his neck. Mary Margaret was horrified and turned away. Emma dropped the dream catcher, letting it fall to the floor after having enough of looking at the memory. Emma looked at her parents, "You were right all along," Emma said.

"I'm sorry, Emma," David said.

Emma looked at Calista, "Cali..." She said.

"I know what everything before looked like and I understand why you pointed your finger at Rumpel, Emma, and I'm not mad. I'd have done the same, but you might be new to magic, but you can trust yourself... You've got this," Calista said.

"Thanks," Emma said and she walked out of the shop with her parents following their daughter.

"So, picnic?" Calista asked as she looked at her husband.

"Are you sure you want a picnic and not see Regina get what she deserves?" Mr Gold asked her.

"If I didn't know any better, you're trying to do something behind my back," Calista said with a smile.

"Oh, no, of course not. I know better than to do something behind your back, dear," Mr Gold said.

"So, lunch?" Calista asked.

"Sure," Mr Gold said and walked into the shop and turned the sign to closed.

Mr Gold and Calista were sitting on a picnic table together, near the docks and Calista looked out at the sea, she tucked some hair behind her ear.

"Dear," Calista looked at him, "This is lovely, thank you," Mr Gold said.

"You're welcome," Calista smiled at him, "I thought this would be nice... Considering the last couple of days," Calista said.

"If I had thought of another way, you know I would've done," Mr Gold said.

"Let's not worry about that now," Calista said and placed her hand on his.

"Okay," Mr Gold said.

"So, what's this about you being a dog person?" Calista asked with a smile.

"No, we don't have enough time," Mr Gold said.

"Aww... Not even for little old me?" Calista said as she tilted her head.

"No," Mr Gold said.

"Not even for Naomi?" Calista asked.

"She'll get a stuffed toy," Mr Gold said.

"Aww, you're no fun," Calista said, she looked back at the sea, feeling the air blowing through her hair as she also felt uneasy.

"What is it? You forget I know when something worries you," Mr Gold said.

"Oh, it's probably nothing, I, uh, I've just been feeling like someone's been watching me," Calista said.

"Yeah, who?" Mr Gold asked.

"I don't know... Probably nothing," Calista said.

"Want me to do anything?" He asked her.

Calista shook her head, "Oh, no thank you, it's probably the stress of thinking he was coming here, but now... I think I can relax a little," Calista said.

"That would be nice," Mr Gold said and Calista looked at him with a smile as they intertwined their fingers.

Later that night, Regina was hiding from everyone because of memory from Pongo, but the Regina that he saw was actually Cora who was trying to make her daughter lose everything. Emma had picked Henry up from the school bus, and Naomi was with him, Emma took them both to a bench and told them about Pongo's memory and what they believed to be true.

At the docks, Killian was sharpening his hook, leaned against barrels on the pier when Cora walked up to him.

"You're back. So, did you get what you want?" Killian asked her.

"Yes. My daughter's lost everything now," Cora said.

"Ah. Well, aren't you mum of the year?" Killian said as he looked at her with a sarcastic grin.

"I did what was needed," Cora said.

"What about what I need? You promised you'd help me get my revenge on Rumpelstiltskin," Killian said.

"And I've already started or didn't you notice the little gift I left you in the hold of your ship?" Cora asked him.

"A gift? What is it?" Killian asked her.

"Not what. Who," Cora said and she led him onto his ship, which was still invisible.

Cora led Killian to the below deck, she opened up a grate, allowing Killian to look inside.

"Who's that?" Killian asked her.

"Someone privy to Storybrooke's deepest secrets, including Rumpelstiltskin's. Someone who can help us determine his weaknesses here," Cora looked inside the grate to see Archie bound and gagged in the hold, "Can't you, Dr Hopper?" Cora asked.

"If that's him, then who did you kill?" Killian asked and looked at Cora.

Cora looked at him, "How do I know? It's my first day in town," Cora said with a shrug.

"You disguised the body to look like him. If death wasn't punishment enough... Marvellous work," Killian said.

"Thank you. Now," Cora looked at Archie as did Killian, "You'll have all the knowledge you'll need. It may take some work, but this cricket will chirp," Cora said.

"Aye. That he will," Killian said with a smirk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.9K 794 41
"ɪ'ᴍ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ'ᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴀʏ. ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋᴇꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴏɴᴇ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ. ᴜɴʟᴇᴀꜱʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇꜱꜱ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏʀᴄᴇʀᴇʀ'ꜱ ʜᴀᴛ ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ...
27.8K 930 33
"ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʀᴏꜱᴇ, ɪᴛ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴀᴄɪᴇ. ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ...
46.8K 1.9K 46
Magic is in Storybrooke. Memories have returned. Families reunited. Curse is broken. As the curse is broken, Elias and Emma finally meet their parent...
67.1K 1.8K 23
It's been a over two years since Vivian Mills died in Neverland due to Dreamshade poisoning and she never knew the cure Gold had worked out. During h...