Between the Dimensions✔️

By vviticus

[COMPLETED] Katrina Parker has never been normal, even by werewolf standards. An outcast, ostracized by her p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 27

50.3K 2.4K 670
By vviticus

I'm in a blissful, dreamless sleep when I'm woken up by a phone ringing.

"No," I groan. "Make it stop," I beg Killian sleepily, my eyes still closed.

Killian sighs, and I feel him shift underneath me while he reaches for the phone.

"Hello?" He answers, his voice husky. I'm too tired to realize that it was my phone ringing.

There's a pause. "She's busy right now. Goodbye."

"Who was that?" I mumble, still half-asleep.

Killian's arms wrap around me again. "Don't worry about it, darling, go back to sleep."

"Okay," I sigh contentedly, snuggling into Killian for more warmth.

Killian's chest rumbles slightly, and in my somewhat sleeping state, I think it's cute, like a little cat.

I was about to fall asleep again when another phone rings.

"No," I groan again. Someone seriously has something against me sleeping.

Killian growls angrily, "I'm going to slaughter whoever this is."

I make a noise in agreement, and Killian reaches for his phone.

"Killian," He answers irately, and starts playing with a piece of my hair.

There's a pause, and I hear a male yelling into the phone, but I can't make out what he's saying.

"I told you. She's busy," Killian snarls, and I've never heard him so angry before, but somehow still feel relaxed as his hand gently stokes my hair.

There's more yelling from the phone.

"She's not your concern anymore," Killian says, his voice more guttural than I've ever heard it before. "Don't worry, I'm taking excellent care of her."

"Who are you talking to?" I murmur into his chest.

"Shh, go back to bed, darling," Killian says softly, and kisses the top of my head.

The person on the other end of the line is shouting now, but I'm not an Alpha, so all I hear is faint noise. Maybe if I was more awake, I could have heard better, but I didn't really care to try, to be honest.

"You're ruining what was a very lovely morning," Killian says, his voice deadly calm. "If you call back, you can expect a declaration of war in the next few hours. You'll have to excuse me, I'm needed elsewhere. Goodbye."

I hear his phone clattering to the ground, and his arms encircle me once more.

"Killian?" I say sleepily, already knowing that I'm going to pass out in a few seconds.

"Yes, darling?"

"You're kind of hot when you're mad."

****

When I wake up, I'm still in Killian's arms, and I wonder how he manages to fall asleep and still makes sure not to let me go.

I look up at him, and his eyes are already opened. "Nightmares?" He asks.

I shake my head.

"Good." He grins.

"Did you take phone calls this morning or did I just imagine that?" I ask suddenly, vaguely recalling him getting mad at someone on the phone.

"Yes. Don't worry, if you want to go back to sleep, I promise there won't be any more disturbances." His jaw twitches in annoyance as he says that.

"No, I'm up," I sigh. "Thanks. For..."

Killian kisses my cheek. "Pleasure to be of service, my dear."

I scowl, pushing him away and getting out of bed. I'm about to go to the bathroom when I see my phone screen light up. Sighing, I open the lock screen, assuming it's Gwen still trying to talk to me.

But I wasn't ready for the bombardment of messages she sent while I was sleeping.

Gwen: Wtf??

Gwen: Are you in Crimson Shadow right now???

Gwen: Why is Alpha Killian answering your phone??

Gwen: What does he mean by "She's busy"??

Gwen: ?!?!?

Gwen: KATRINA PARKER, CALL ME BACK RIGHT NOW

My mouth drops as I reread the messages through twice.

It doesn't take long to put the pieces of this morning that I barely remember back together.

"You answered my phone?" I hiss at Killian.

He shrugs, unbothered. "You told me to make it stop ringing. I did."

"She's busy?!" I yell.

"You were," He grins unabashedly. "You were sleeping."

"You know what that sounds like!" I scream in frustration. "She's going to think I'm sleeping with you!"

He shrugs again. "You are."

"KILLIAN!"

He laughs. "If you want, you don't have to talk to her. Put me on the phone, I can get rid of her."

"Get out!" I shout at him.

He laughs again before disappearing.

I'm going to murder him.

Why even bother telling that to Gwen? What could he possibly gain from making Gwen think that we're together?

Oh right, he lives to piss me off and find creative ways to annoy me.

I decide to face the music and get it over with, knowing that I can't ignore her forever, even though my forever isn't really that long at all.

I call my sister back.

She answers on the first ring.

"Fuck, Katrina, are you okay?" She asks as soon as she picks up.

"I'm fine, Gwen," I sigh, already planning on ending the conversation as soon as I can.

"What the hell is going on? Are you in Crimson Shadow right now?" She asks frantically.

"Yes. Business trip." I resolve to keep my answers short and vague to prevent any more questions that I don't want to answer.

"Business?" She yells. "That's what you call banging the Alpha of Crimson Shadow?"

"You don't know what you're talking about," I snarl.

"He answered your phone, Katrina! At 6 in the morning! And refused to put you on the line!" She shouts back. "I was worried sick!"

"I can handle myself, Gwendolyn," I say sharply, but she barrels on.

"You've been dodging my calls, and when one finally gets answered, Alpha Killian refuses to let me talk to you. I thought you were in trouble! Leo called him to demand answers, and Killian freaking threatens to declare war on us!" She screeches. "What the fuck is going on?"

Killian did what?

"Stay out of it, Gwendolyn," I warn lowly.

Gwen sighs, and her voice is much calmer when she talks again. "Look, Katrina. I'm worried about you. You shouldn't be messing around with Alpha Killian, Kat."

I laugh darkly. "And why is that, dear sister?"

"Because, Katrina! He has a reputation for this kind of thing! I don't want you to get hurt," She says, her voice full of worry.

"You are the last person to criticize me for who I sleep with," I say calmly. "How many Betas have you fucked again?"

A low blow, but I don't care. She has no right to say anything about my life choices. Especially ones she knows nothing about.

She's quiet for a moment. "Katrina, please come to Blue Moon. Alpha Killian isn't good for you. He's going to hurt you. This is what he does."

"You don't know anything about Killian," I say darkly. "Don't ever talk about him like that again. Luna or not, sister or not, I will ruin you."

And I hang up the phone.

www.patreon.com/vviticus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4M 412K 22
(Completed) Young werewolf, Evangeline, can do something no other can, hold communication with someone far beyond her realm. Always at her side, the...
1.1M 30.7K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...
28.8M 882K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
23.4K 685 21
When Dakota and her siblings journey to land to hunt the hunter, they encounter some minor, and major, hiccups. School is just one of the many things...