π„π­πžπ«π§πšπ₯ π–πšπ’π­

By Miss_Extraoridaire

Draco had always been a puzzle to Harry. A vicious Labrinth with sky-high walls. A forest with deadly poison... More

Chapter 2 : Puffy , scowly kitty
Chapter 3 : Two Oldmen
Chapter 4 : Gains and advantages
Chapter 5 : The egg
Chapter 6 :A threat is made
Chapter 7 : Felix felicis
Chapter 8 : Euphoria
Chapter 9 : No Escape
Chapter 10 : The fall of a Headmaster and his student
Chapter 11 : The plan to wait for the right time
Chapter 12 : Great Minds Think Alike
Chapter 13 : On The Road, To The Journey
Chapter 14 : The Sneak into the Ministry of Magic
Chapter 15 : A Chapter of Causualities
Chapter 16: 1 night and 1 day stay on the luxurious forest floor
Chapter 17: "I just fell in love, didn't I ?"
Chapter 18- A Beauty Without Poison Is The Same As A Beauty Ruined
Chapter 19: The Night and His Moon
Chapter 20 : "She's Their Daughter"
Chapter 21: "Anything for you"

Chapter 1 : A New Look

3.6K 89 16
By Miss_Extraoridaire

In front of Harry lay a boy, the one his eyes always followed, the one whose scowl was buried deeply into his eyes, the one whose name made his whole muscles tighten in awareness, the one who with just one word drew his focus, attention, eyes and thoughts to himself, the one who harry almost burnt to death.

Draco lay on the wet bathroom floor, the water pooling around him. His own blood seeping out of his burns and mixing in the water beneath. The skin which was moments ago as pale and smooth as jade, now looked red and black with cripples on it like wrinkled cotton. His ragged breath echoed in the enclosed space, serving as a witness to his pain and life seeping away.

For an instant, something like relief shone in his eyes. Relief - that he didn't need to suffer anymore, that the act he so much wanted to do but was too scared to perform was, now, gifted to him by someone else.

Maybe he thought this was his last deed. Maybe not.

No witness was present to tell us ultimately what those emotions in his eyes told.

The only other person was too lost to recognise even himself. So the only hope we have is if the person himself survives.

Maybe he will tell us.

Harry stared at the Draco. His eyes were blank and his thoughts had the picture of Draco crying before he made his appearance.

Harry stumbled back with a jolt as his body was pushed backwards and Snape ran to Draco.

His eyes panicked before changing to anger as he looked at Harry, saying, "Have you done enough damage? If so, please leave, Mr. Potter, and return to your dormitory."

The words were spat out by Snape as his whole being exuded furious anger. He would have hexed Harry if not for the barely breathing Draco.

These words, as if a spell, finally bought Harry's consciousness back to his head, enabling him to react. He realised that many students had gathered outside out of curiosity about the loud noises.

Scared as they already were, this commotion caused by him and Draco drew much attention. He took a step back followed by another and soon his boots were hitting the stone floor one after the other in rapid succession as he ran. His mind was a mess.

With disoriented thoughts, confused emotions and a lost sense of direction, he ran.

That was all he could do at the moment. Desperate, as if the answer for his erratic turmoil lay just beyond.

When Harry finally came to a stop, he was exhausted and heaving heavily. His muscles burned and calves wobbled but that did nothing to draw his attention, even temporarily.

Harry stood there, as still as a statue, bathing in moonlight spilling out of the huge windows, drowning his body with it.

He did not understand what he was feeling, did not understand his own emotions.

Was that even possible? Questions jumbled in his head. Why was Draco crying? What happened? What was he himself feeling? It was as if the arrows were shot but without an aim.

Was it guilt that made his throat clog up and heart squeeze? Guilt? Sympathy? Anger? Hate? Resentment?...No. It was none of these. It was entirely different or maybe a well stirred potion made of all of these.

Harry sat down on the hard ground, head leaning on the evenly checkered glass of the window beside him.

He remembered how broken and helpless Draco looked minutes ago. Body burnt, heart shattered and soul torn, just laying there. Harry did not want to sympathize with him. He did not want to feel guilty. After all, it was Draco who attacked first. He was the one harming and killing people and supporting the dark lord. It was him who bore the mark. Harry was just defending himself. But what he thought and what he saw did not match. Was what he saw true or just another farce?

Regardless of all these speculations, one emotion was still prominent. He wanted to protect Draco. He didn't want Draco to cry. He wanted Draco to be scowling or mocking him just like all those months back, not crying and helpless. He was not the Draco Harry knew. His Draco did not cry alone in the bathroom. He might hate people and bully them but would never try to kill them.

No.

This was not Draco.

With this revelation in his heart, Harry drew up his knees and silently thought about the silver haired bastard whom he liked to call 'Malfoy'. He thought about those times when all that between them was a petty rivalry and not war like it was now. Suddenly, those fights seemed like a privilege to him. They had the power to draw his every thought to them.

Maybe it wasn't the fight itself that drew his attention but the person with whom he fought.

The clock ticked away and the silver rays turned to golden ones. It was already the start of another day.

With this Harry finally sorted out the jumble in his head and decided to find out the answers from the person himself. He hurriedly made his was to the griffindor common room. On entering he came face to face with Hermione and Ron.

Registering how he looked and remembering the situation last night, Hermione asked, "Where were you Harry? We searched for you all around. Are you okay? You are not hurt, are you?"

Simultaneously, Ron said,"What was all that last night, mate? What happened?"

Ignoring them, Harry remembered Draco's condition last night and asked, "How is Draco? Is he fine?"

Hearing the anxiety in his voice, Ron frowned and Hermione replied with a horrified face, "His condition was quite bad. He was taken to Madam Pomfrey. Some students were scared about this happening to someone else."

Before anyone could say anymore, Harry spoke up, "Hermione, I need to see Draco please help me. I beg you."

Harry Potter rarely sounded so desperate. Hermione was confused but she knew this was important.

So she replied in a serious voice,"Right now Snape and Madame Pomfrey are still tending to him. The best time to break in would be at midnight but Snape might still be there. The Dinner might be next best. We could cover up for you with this illusion charm"

She took out a small charm in the shape of a human body and lifted it up to show them.

With the plan ready, the only thing to do now was to wait.

The day passed by student questioning Harry about last night and what happened, trying to know everything that was there. But regardless of their efforts, Harry only had the tears sliding off pale cheeks in his thoughts. Dinner soon came. The hallways emptied as students rushed to sate their hunger.

Harry silently made his way to the infirmary. With the invisibility cloak sneaking out was as easy as breathing.

Draco was sitting on his bed. A book was floating in front of him but his eyes looked empty. He did not seem to realise Harry's presence even after he took off the cloak.

Deciding to draw his attention, Harry said,"Malfoy"

Startled, Draco snapped his head towards the voice. His eyes wide after registering Harry.

He asked,"What are you doing here, Potter?"

His words were angry but his voice was pained and gruff from the toll he took yesterday. His face into turning into a scowl.

Harry said in a confused voice,"Back there, you were crying, weren't you? But why?"

Draco stared at Harry, processing what he heard. Not believing that Harry would take it upon himself to interrogate him and even more so after hearing his question. He could not make the head or tail of Harry's question but it was the answer that made his heart squeeze all over again.

Seconds passed and Draco eventually came back to himself.

"What is it to you, Potter? Looking for another chance to show off your heroism?"

He said in a monotone voice, all the while struggling to get out of bed. To get away from the question, away from Harry.

Harry noticed and forcefully pulled him back on the bed, hand grasping Draco's elbow with a tight grip. Draco tried to pull back and struggled, all the while his other hand searching for his wand.

Getting closer, Harry asked again, "Why, Malfoy?"

Draco's struggles increased.

At this point, he flailed his arms and legs around, hitting harry, shouting insults at him, doing anything that could help get him free.

But all of this could not even budge his captor.

Minutes passed but neither gave up. Draco could feel his muscles weaken due to his lack of energy, could feel Harry's grip bruising his arms.

His eyes burned but he did not know if it was from anger or pain at his situation.

It was as if years of emotions which were choked up in his heart, all threatened to break free. They were clogging up his throat and pooling in his eyes.

The dam he had built around his emotions was starting to overflow. With its opening shut tight, refusing to let even a drop escape, the dam was filled to the brim, threatening to shatter completely. As the first crack appeared, the first drop slid down the sickly pale cheeks. More amd more cracks appeared as more drops fell. Soon a part of the dam fell and a strangled voice echoed the infirmary.

As the dam shattered completely, so did the struggles.

Now the only thing that remained were the tears and cries rushing out of a boy in another's arms.

Harry looked down at Draco.

The arms which were moments ago hitting his back in an attempt to break free now tightly held his shirt as Harry tightened his arms around Draco.

Harry had got his answers. He got them in the most purest and crudest way. He could feel his magic shake with Draco's every cry.

He had questioned himself if this was a farce staged to trap him or not.

Now he felt his answer.

These tears were not a farce. These emotions, this magic around him swirling with desperation, these were not false.

Draco did not change but he was pushed to this point. Pushed to the point that he broke.

Draco did not stop and Harry did not leave. Both too lost, too in pain to even think about letting go of the only anchor present.

Draco tried to lock up his emotions in his chest again but failed miserably to the constant heat and pressure surrounding him.

He did not know what Harry wanted. Did not know why he was still here. He wanted to run away, wanted to stop, but he did not know how.

So, for the first time in his life, Draco Malfoy let go.

He cried and cried thinking that this might be his only chance he cried on someone's shoulder, let someone know his pain, even if that someone was his enemy for years.

There were no words spoken but he knew Harry understood, maybe he found them false, but at least he understood.

Harry held Draco. Not once loosening his arms. He made no effort to comfort Draco, with actions or words.

His head down and chin touching Draco's ear, he stayed in the same position, not moving an inch.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours as the cries stopped and Draco slumped in Harry's embrace, unconscious from exhaustion.

Harry got out of bed and gently laid Draco down and pulled the covers up. He stood at the bedside looking at the puffy eyes and wet cheeks.

At that moment something rose in Harry's heart, it was dark , cruel and sinister but it wasn't wrong.

In the silent night, a small whisper was heard by the walls,"Just wait, Malfoy. Just wait"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 294 9
Harry gets caught in a attempt of suicide with the last person he expected to see in the Room of Requirements after the fire incident. Draco Malfoy...
44.4K 1.5K 110
β€žI wish we could just go", Draco then whispered and broke my heart to the ground with the sadness he was showing me. β€žJust pack a few things, get on...
1.9K 12 15
After months of abuse from his friends, and Years of abuse from his muggle family, Harry Potter finds himself in the arms of Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. S...
240K 11.6K 62
[COMPLETE] How can love blossom in the midst of hatred? How can it catch you so suddenly and unexpectedly? Draco's 6th year was not at all going how...