Enchanted Adventure

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Aubree Mills is Henry's twin sister. The two of them track down their birth mother, the one person who is abl... More

Aesthetics
Playlist
I. Pilot
II. The Thing You Love Most
III. Snow Falls
IV. The Price of Gold
V. That Still Small Voice
VI. The Shepherd
VII. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
VIII. Desperate Souls
IX. True North
X. 7:15 A.M.
XI. Fruit of the Poisonous Tree
XII. Skin Deep
XIII. What Happened to Fredrick?
XIV. Dreamy
XV. Red-Handed
XVI. Heart of Darkness
XVII. Hat Trick
XVIII. The Stable Boy
XIX. The Return
XX. The Stranger
XXI. An Apple as Red as Blood
XXII. A Land Without Magic
XXIII. Broken
XXIV. We Are Both
XXV. Lady of the Lake
XXVI. The Crocodile
XXVII. The Doctor
XXVIII. Tallahassee
XXIX. Child of the Moon
XXX. Into the Deep
XXXI. Queen of Hearts
XXXII. The Cricket Game
XXXIII. The Outsider
XXXIV. In the Name of the Brother
XXXV. Tiny
XXXVI. Manhattan
XXXVII. The Queen is Dead
XXXVIII. The Miller's Daughter
XL. Selfless, Brave and True
XLI. Lacey
XLII. The Evil Queen
XLIII. Second Star to the Right
LVIV. And Straight on 'Til Morning
Book Two

XXXIX. Welcome to Storybrooke

208 9 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

SOMEWHERE IN MAINE

Kurt Flynn and Owen Flynn were camping. The father taught his son how to correctly tie a lanyard keychain.

"Yeah, there you go, Kurt said. "That's it. A little tighter. Now pull the loops, as tight as you can. Ah, look at that. I mean, it's not bad for your first one."

"Green and red, like Luke and Darth's lightsabers," Owen replied.

"Hey. Here is one for your collection. Your.. grandpa taught me how to make these when I was your age."

"You're giving it to me? It's mine now? You weren't very good at this when you were my age, were you?"

Kurt laughed. "All right, smart guy. Yeah, time to get dinner started." A strong gust of wind began.

"What is that?"

"Probably an electrical storm. Put the fire out. Get in the tent!"

"Dad!"

"Owen. We'll be all right, kid."

The Dark Curse blasted through the woods.

---

Kurt and Owen woke up and found trees knocked onto the ground, one tree even crushed their car.
"Whoa. What kind of storm was that?" Owen wondered.

"It's a big one," Kurt said as they began walking and searching for the nearest highway. "The highway should be just over that ridge, and then we'll get a ride to the nearest town."

"That's what you get for camping in the boonies, I guess."

Owen noticed something. "Dad. Look."

---

Kurt and Owen were walking down the street in Storybrooke.

"This is impossible," Kurt commented. "We drove through here yesterday. There was nothing here. It's like someone dropped a town right on top of us."

Kurt and Owen were looking at the Storybrooke clock tower. A sheriff's car stopped behind them. The door of the car opens to reveal Sheriff Graham.

"You need some help?" Sheriff Graham asked. "You two look lost."

"Who are you? What is this place?" Kurt questioned.

"Name's Graham. I'm the sheriff." Kurt and Graham shook hands. "Welcome to Storybrooke."

In the Mayor's house, in Regina's bedroom, Regina woke up for the first time in Storybrooke. She looked out of the window, saw the town of Storybrooke and realized that Dark Curse worked.

"I did it. I won," Regina said.

Regina was walking down the street and saw Marco struggling to repair a sign.

"That should hold you," Marco stated.

"I cannot believe you put me on the early shift," Ruby said.

"Not my fault you stayed out all night," Granny retorted. "When I put over easy on the menu, I was talking about the eggs!"

"Morning, Madame Mayor," Archie greeted.

"Good morning, —Dr. Hopper," Regina replied.

"Beautiful day, isn't it?

"Yes. Yes, it is."

At Storybrooke Elementary School, Mary Margaret was holding a bird in her hand, teaching.

"As we build our birdhouses, remember: what you're making is a home. Not a cage. A bird is free, and will do what it will. This is for them, not us. They're loyal creatures." Mary Margaret released the bird out the window and it flew up to a birdhouse. "If you love them and they love you, they will always find you." The bell rang and the class rose. "We'll pick this up after recess. No running!" Regina entered the room. "Miss Mills, what are you doing here?"

"Refresh my memory. How long have you been a teacher here?" Regina questioned.

"Um I -- I'm not sure. As long as I can remember."

"Come with me."

STORYBROOKE GENERAL HOSPITAL

Mary Margaret and Regina are in front of John Doe's room.

"Why are we in the hospital?" Mary Margaret wondered.

"Tell me. Do you know this man?" Regina asked.

"No. Why? Who is he?"

"He's a John Doe, coma patient. No one's claimed him."

"Maybe someday he'll wake up. Maybe someone who loves him will find him."

"That would be nice for him. But I wouldn't count on it."

GRANNY'S BED AND BREAKFAST

Regina prepared to eat.

"Good morning, Mayor," Sheriff Graham greeted.

"That uniform suits you nicely, sheriff. So well-fitted," Regina complimented.

"Want me to come over later?"

"Hey! You like apple pancakes, too?" Owen asked.

Regina frowned. "Who are you? Whose child is this?" She turned to Marco. "Is he yours?"

"Mine? No. I was never so lucky," Marco replied.

"He's mine," Kurt said. "And you'll have to excuse him. His manners are a little rough around the edges. I'm, uh, Kurt Flynn. Sorry to interrupt your breakfast, but we're, uh, looking to rent a hotel room for the night."

"Why would you need a hotel room?" Regina questioned.

"The same reason that most people need one. We need a place to sleep."

"Would you excuse me for a moment? Graham."

"I got a room for you," Granny told him.

"Who the hell are those people?"

"Uh, I don't know," Sheriff Graham admitted. "They just showed up. They were camping in the woods near the . I was just as surprised to see them as you are."

"I don't like surprises, sheriff. I find them threatening. And do you know what happens when I feel threatened? Bad things."

MAUSOLEUM

Regina was mourning her 's mother's death. Mr. Gold entered the mausoleum.

"Black always was your color," Mr. Gold commented.

"I'm here to bury my mother," Regina told him. "So if you've come to gloat..."

"I came to pay my respects. We had our differences, but Cora will always have a place in my heart."

"You killed her to save your own life."

"Sadly, desperate times call for desperate measures."

"Like getting Mary Margaret to trick me into killing my own mother? You may be able to hide behind your dagger, but she can't. She's going to die for what she did."

"Oh, come on. We both know killing her will cost you the thing you want most - Henry and Aubree. Why don't you just give up this obsession with vengeance? You know it can never make you happy."

"Yes, it will."

"You had a whole curse worth of vengeance, and what did it get you? A gaping hole in your heart."

"That was your curse."

"Which you cast. Still haven't learned your lesson, have you?"

"What lesson?"

"The same one your mother learned a long time ago. You can't have everything. She wanted power, ripped out her own  to get it. You want vengeance? Henry and Aubree are the price you'll pay. Time to cut your losses."

"Never. I will have my son and daughter, and I will have my vengeance. I will find a way to have everything."

MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Emma, David, Aubree and Henry were talking.

"Anything?" Emma asked.

"She won't eat a bite," David replied.

"What's wrong with her?" the twins asked.

"Nothing. She's just a little sick," Emma told them.

Henry frowned. "You guys are lying to me and Bree, aren't you?"

"No one's lying."

Aubree nodded. "You are, just like you did about Henry's and my dad."

"Henry, Aubree, I - She's right. No more lying."

"Emma..." David began.

"They deserve to know. Here's the thing, Henry. Cora's death... Mary Margaret was partially responsible for it, and that's why she's so upset."

"No. No, no, she couldn't," the twins said as someone knocked on the door."

"She was trying to protect us."

"But she's Snow White," Henry reminded her. "She wouldn't hurt anybody."

"Get out!" David told Mr. Gold.

"I think you're gonna wanna hear what I have to say - for her sake," Mr. Gold replied.

"What are you talking about?" Emma asked.

"Regina. She's planning to strike back - against your mother."

"What is she gonna do to her?" the twins wondered.

"Oh, she didn't say."

"No. You don't get to come in here and just drop a bomb like that," David said. "You're gonna figure this out. And you're gonna help us."

"And why should I?"

"Because aside from us being family now, Mary Margaret saved your life. Now you owe her a debt. And you always pay your debts, don't you? You're gonna help us stop Regina."

PAST

Kurt and Owen were eating at Granny's. Regina walked in.

Kurt said to Granny, "Thank you, it was really good."

"You're in my seat," Regina told Kurt.

"Sorry, miss...?"

"Mills."

"Mills."

"Mayor Mills." She turned to Owen. "I always sit in that seat."

"But I'm already sitting here," Owen protested.

Regina sat next to Owen. "I-I just spoke with our mechanic. He assured me that your car will be repaired by the end of the week."

"Really? He told me it would take at least two weeks just to get the parts," Kurt said.

"Well, things tend to get done quickly when the Mayor asks for them. And I'd hate to keep you from getting home to...?"

"New Jersey. Home of the boss. Anyway, thank you, your mayorness. Mayor. Whatever. We really appreciate it. Let's go."

Owen took a lanyard keychain out of his pocket and gave it to Regina.

"What's this?" Regina asked.

"It's a gift for letting me sit in your seat," Owen replied.

"For me?" Regina took it and smiled.

MAYOR'S HOUSE, REGINA'S BEDROOM

She woke up with Sheriff Graham next to her. She looked out of the window and smiled.

STORYBROOKE GENERAL HOSPITAL

Mary Margaret left flowers in John Doe's room. Regina was standing behind her, smiling.

STREET

Regina was walking down the street and saw Marco struggling to repair a sign.

"Maybe this time, you won't fall," Marco said.

"This is the last time I'm working the early shift," Ruby told Granny.

"Good morning, Madame Mayor," Archie greeted. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"

Regina bumped into Mary Margaret. "Oh!"

"Oh, Madame Mayor, I'm so sorry," Mary Margaret apologized.

"You should be! Watch where you're going next time."

Mary Margaret nodded and walked away. Regina smiled.

MAYOR'S HOUSE, REGINA'S BEDROOM

She woke up with Sheriff Graham next to her.

STORYBROOKE GENERAL HOSPITAL

Mary Margaret left flowers in John Doe's room. Regina was standing behind her, but she looked bored.

STREET

Regina was walking down the street and saw Marco struggling to repair a sign and Ruby and Granny arguing. She looked bored.

"Beautiful day," Archie commented.

"Save it," Regina retorted as she bumped into Mary Margaret.

"Oh! Mayor Mills, I am so sorry," Mary Margaret apologized.

"I ran into you. Why are you apologizing?"

"No, I should have been looking where I was going."

"You're not even going to fight back?!"

"Fight back? Why would I do that?" She walked away.

MR. GOLD PAWNBROKER & ANTIQUES DEALER

Regina entered while Mr. Gold was dusting one of the antiques.

"I'm not happy," Regina said.

"I believe Dr. Hopper's office is down the street," Mr. Gold replied.

"Oh, I don't wanna talk to him. I wanna talk to you."

"Very well, Madame Mayor. What is it you wanna talk about?"

"This town. This isn't the deal we made."

"I'm sorry. I don't know what you're talking about."

"You don't, do you? I was supposed to be happy here."

"Forgive me, but, um, you're the Mayor. You're the most powerful woman in the town. What is there to be unhappy about?"

"Everyone in this town does exactly what I want them to!"

Mr. Gold smiled. "And that's a problem?"

"Well, they do it because they have to, not because they want to. It's not real."

"I'm sorry, what exactly is it you want?"

"Nothing you can give me."

CALL BOX

Regina spoke on the phone. "Hello, Kurt? Mayor Mills. Good. You're still here. I would love to see Owen before you leave. Would you two like to come over for dinner tonight? Great."

MAUSOLEUM

Regina was frantically searching through her mother's belongings. "Where is it?" She begins to cry when she opened her mother's locket which contained an image of them both. In pain, she began ripping out of her mother's dresses that revealed a written curse. "Thank you, mommy."

David and Mr. Gold walked into Regina's mausoleum to discover the mess she had left in her wake.

"Well, it appears we just missed our dear ," Mr. Gold said.

"What is this?" David asked.

"These are Cora's belongings. Looks like Regina's planning to use one of her spells on Mary Margaret." He saw that two ingredients were missing from a potion case. "Something's missing. Chimera blood. And viper's eye."

"What kind of curse do you need those for?"

"It's the curse of the empty-hearted."

MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Mr. Gold, David and Emma were talking.

"What the hell does that do?" Emma asked.

"In theory, it has the power to make someone love you," Mr. Gold replied.

"Doesn't that break magic laws? You can't bring someone back to life. You can't force someone to love you."

"This particular spell can make someone think they love you. And if you're as desperate for love as Regina appears to be, you just might believe it."

Henry and Aubree came down the stairs as Henry said, "She's using it on me and Bree, isn't she?"

"Hey, buddy, why don't you and your sister go back upstairs, let us handle this," David suggested.

"No!" Henry yelled as he and Aubree pushed past David and ran over to Emma. "Emma! You said you were going to be honest with us. Now, why is Regina using this curse?"

"Because it's the only way she can get everything she wants, that she can get you two," Mr. Gold replied.

"But if all she wants is me..." the twins trailed.

"Your mother is a complicated woman. She wants your love of course, but she also wants vengeance... on Mary Margaret."

"How does the curse give her both?" David questioned.

"Because the last ingredient she needs to enact the curse is the heart of the person she hates the most."

"You have to stop her," Emma told him.

"Oh, I don't have to do anything. On the contrary, I believe warning you fulfills my debt."

"Not even close," David argued. "This is my wife's life we're talking about."

"Not to mention your grandchildren's," Emma added.

"Well, wars have costs," Mr. Gold reasoned.

"Nice."

"Well, this is a blood feud, dearie. One that goes back a long time. And the only way you can end a blood feud is by the spilling of more blood. That is the only way I know to eliminate your Regina problem."

David frowned. "How, by killing her?"

"Is there no other option?" Emma asked.

"I'm afraid not," Mr. Gold replied.

"Stop!" Henry yelled. "Listen to yourselves. You're talking about killing my mom! You used to be heroes. What happened to you?" The twins shook their heads and ran out of the apartment.

"Henry. Aubree," Emma called. "No matter how this plays out, we need to keep them as far away from it as possible." She ran after them.

"She's right," Mr. Gold agreed. "Cora is more dangerous because she didn't have a heart. Regina is even more dangerous because she does."

PAST

Regina, Owen and Kurt were eating dinner at Regina's house.

"This is delicious lasagna, isn't it Owen?" Kurt said.

"Not really," Owen replied.

"Owen."

"It's okay," Regina reassured. "I know I'm not the greatest cook. Unless it involves apples." She chuckled and turned to look at Owen. "Speaking of which. How would you like to help me make turnovers for dessert? There's a bunch of apples sitting in the sink. Why don't you go pick out some red ones?' Owen got up and left.

Kurt laughed. "Owen is a bit of a free spirit. Like his mom."

"Is she back in New Jersey? With the boss?"

"With the boss. She uh... she passed away six months ago."

"I'm sorry."

"That's why I brought him here actually. I thought that camping, new surroundings, that might help him take his mind off of things, but..."

"I came here looking to start over too. It hasn't turned out quite the way I'd hoped."

"And why's that?"

"What good's a new life if you don't have anyone to share it with?"

Owen yelled, "Hey! I thought we were making desert!"

Regina got up and headed to the kitchen. She helped Owen make the turnovers and put them in the oven.

"Voila," Regina said.

"So, how come you're not a mom?" Owen wondered.

"It just didn't work out that way I guess."

"It's too bad. You'd be really good at it."

"Thank you, Owen."

"So how much longer?" He pointed at the oven.

"Patience. They're almost done. How are you liking Storybrooke so far?"

"It's better than New Jersey."

"You don't miss your home? Your friends?"

"I hate it there! All the kids at my school treat me weird now."

"Because of what happened to your mother?"

Owen nodded. "Nobody gets it. It's like-"

"There's a piece of your heart missing."

Kurt walked into the kitchen and asked, "How's desert coming?"

"Great! Owen and I were just talking, and I know this might sound crazy, but how would you too feel about sticking around town a little longer?"

"Uh, stick around? As in?"

"Move here! I could get you a job at the city, and there's a great school for Owen."

"Please Dad, can we?" Owen begged.

"It could be a chance for a new start," Regina reasoned.

"Look, I appreciate everything you've done for us, but out life is in New Jersey. It's not here," Kurt replied.

"Of course."

GRANNY'S DINER

Emma brought Henry and Aubree into Granny's Diner to talk with Neal.

"Why are you bringing us here?" Henry asked. "We don't want to talk to you."

"You don't have to," Emma told them.

"Hey, buddy! Hey, kiddo!" Neal greeted. "I saved you two a seat!"

"I'm going to go get a coffee."

"Yeah."

"Here you go," Ruby said. "Two large sundaes, extra everything."

"Thanks, Ruby!" He pushed the sundaes across the table to Henry and Aubree.

"Extra everything?" Henry and Aubree repeated.

"What?"

Aubree frowned. "You think Henry and I don't know a bribe when we see one?" They pushed the sundaes to the side.

"That obvious, huh?"

"So what do you want?" Henry questioned.

"Your mom told me about everything that's been going on and we thought that Storybrooke might not be the safest place for you two right now. So I was thinking, why don't we go to New York?"

"New York," the twins stated.

"Regina can't cast that curse if you're both in New York. There's no magic there."

"So we should find a way to get rid of magic," Henry reasoned. "Our mom wouldn't want to cast the curse, our family wouldn't want to kill her, it would solve everything!"

"Yeah. You know what, you're right! But until then, why don't you two come with me."

Emma accepted a coffee from Ruby at the counter. "Thanks, Ruby."

Greg Mendell entered and said, "Excuse me. Can I get this sandwich wrapped up to go? I was thinking about going on a hike."

"A hike, huh?"

"Well,  said it would be good for me to get on my feet. Plus, I'm kind of a nature photography nerd."

"Just thought you'd be back in Pennsylvania by now."

"This town's starting to grow on me." He gave Ruby some money. "Thank you very much." He left the diner.

Emma walked back over to Neal. Henry and Aubree were not at the table. "How did it go?"

"Went good," Neal replied. "They said yes."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, they're in the bathroom right now. I'm just gonna go home and pack. Not bad for day three as a dad if I do say so myself."

"Wait, where are their backpacks?"

"I don't know, they took them with them."

"To the bathroom? Did you really fall for that? He's your son. She's your daughter."

"They're running," Neal realized.

FOREST

Henry and Aubree ran through the forest.

MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Regina walked up the stairs and used magic to open the door to the apartment. She headed toward Mary Margaret.

Mr. Gold stepped in front of Regina. "Nice try dearie. Did you really think it was going to be that easy?"

Regina said to Mary Margaret, "He can't be your guard dog forever." She left.

PAST

Regina entered the Marine Garage.

"So, what can I do to help Madame Mayor?" Billy asked.

"Kurt Flynn's car," Regina stated.

"The one you asked me to fix ASAP."

"Yes. Plans have changed. I now need Mr. Flynn and his son to stay a while longer. Perhaps you can take a couple extra days with the repairs?"

"I'm afraid that Mr. Flynn already picked the car up."

"What? When?"

"Ten minutes ago."

REGINA'S OFFICE

Regina pulled out Sheriff Graham's heart and spoke into it. "Sheriff. Our visitors are driving out of Storybrooke. Find them before they cross the town line, pull the car over, and arrest the father for drunk driving. Then bring the boy to me." She turned around and saw Kurt standing in the doorway. She put the heart back in its box. "Kurt."

"Mayor," Kurt greeted.

"That wasn't what it sounded like."

"Don't want any trouble. Just came by to say thank you."

"Wait. It was just a misunderstanding."

"No. I understood. We're leaving."

"I'm not going to hurt him. Please don't leave."

Kurt started to leave. Sheriff Graham entered and pushed him against the desk. "What are you doing?"

"I'm afraid you're under arrest for driving under the influence," Sheriff Graham replied.

"What? Drunk? I'm not drunk and I sure as hell haven't been driving."

"Don't make this harder on yourself."

Kurt looked at Regina. "What did you do to him?" He turned to Sheriff Graham. "She's controlling you. I don't know how but she had this glowing thing. It was shaped like a heart. Don't listen to her."

"You say you haven't been drinking." Kurt lunged forward and knocked the box with Sheriff Graham's heart in it off the desk. Sheriff Graham fell back, and Kurt ran away. "What was that?"

"Dad, what's wrong?" Owen asked from inside the car.

"We got to get out of here," Kurt answered as he sped away.

FOREST

Henry and Aubree were running through the forest. They ran into Greg and fell.

"Woah!" Greg exclaimed, helping Henry and Aubree up. "Hey kids, you two all right?"

"Yeah," Henry and Aubree replied.

"What are you two doing out here all by yourselves, huh?"

"Boy Scout and Girl Scout," Henry answered. "Trying to get a merit badge." Greg folded his arms and looked at Henry as if he doesn't believe him. "What are you doing out here?"

"I'm hiking. And I'm taking pictures of Maine scenic beauty."

"The hiking trail's that way," Aubree said, pointing towards the trail.

"Okay. Thanks. Um," he picked up Henry and Aubree's bag and looked at the name tags, "is it Henry and Aubree?" He gave Henry and Aubree the bags and Henry and Aubree nodded. "Well, good luck with your merit badges." He walked away and Henry and Aubree continued running.

---

David, Ruby, Emma and Neal were looking for Henry and Aubree in the Storybrooke Mines.

"Henry! Aubree!" David called.

"Henry! Aubree!" Emma yelled.

"Down here! They were in here," Ruby informed.

"Why would two eleven year old kids run away to the mines?" Neal wondered.

"Wouldn't be the first time," Emma replied.

"I think I know what he was looking for." David shined his flashlight on a box of explosives. "The dynamite the dwarfs use for blasting."

"What the hell would they want dynamite for?"

"To get rid of magic," Neal said.

"Wait, what?"

"At the diner they said someone should get rid of magic."

"So they're going to blow it up?" Ruby questioned.

"Where would they even go to do that?"

---

Henry and Aubree approached the Storybrooke Wishing Well and took the dynamite out of their backpacks.

FOREST

Greg was walking through the forest calling Regina.

"Hello?" Regina asked.

"Hi. Is this Henry and Aubree's mother?" Greg questioned.

"Who's asking?"

"My name's Greg Mendell."

"Who?"

"The guy that crashed his car outside the town. See, I was out here hiking in the woods and they were by the White Pine Trail. And they were all by themselves."

"What were they doing out there? Are they okay?"

"I don't know. They ran off. But they seemed a little upset, and I just thought that you would want to know. That's all."

"I'm on my way."

PAST

Kurt and Owen were driving through Storybrooke. Regina and Sheriff Graham were following them in a police cruiser.

"What's going on dad? What do they want?" Owen asked.

"We go to get out of here. Come on!" Kurt said.

"Dad!"

"Look out!" Sheriff Graham swerved to avoid hitting an oncoming car.

"Dad! Faster dad!"

Kurt approached the town line. "I think we lost them."

Sheriff Graham pulled in front of them, blocking the road and Owen yelled, "Dad!"

Kurt looked at his son. "All right. Listen to me. Run away into the woods. Get away as far as you can. You call your uncle. Go."

"No. Not without you." He gripped the lanyard key chain his father gave him.

"There's a reason I gave you that. Because as long as you have it, I'll always be with you. You can do this. So do it. Run! Go! Go! Run!" Sheriff Graham opened the car door. Owen left the car and started running towards the town line. Sheriff Graham tried to arrest Kurt, but Kurt fought back. Regina got out of the police cruiser. "You may have this whole town wrapped around your finger. But not my son. You can't force him to stay with you!"

Owen stopped. "Dad!"

"Don't stop! Run! Run!"

"Owen," Regina called, approaching him. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you."

"Why are you doing this?" Owen asked.

"I just want you to stay with me. You said you liked it here. You want to stay here, don't you?"

"Not like this."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted us to be happy." Owen ran off.

Kurt, from inside the police cruiser, said, "Run Owen."

STORYBROOKE WISHING WELL

Henry was lighting a match as Aubree stood next to him.

"Henry? Aubree? What are you two doing?" Regina asked.

"We're getting rid of magic," Henry replied. "It's ruining everything. And you can't stop us."

"All that's going to do is get you two killed."

"You just say that because you need magic. So you can cast that curse on me and Bree." Henry and Aubree started to light the dynamite but Regina uses magic to make it vanish.

"I can't lose you Henry, Aubree. You two mean too much to me."

"Then don't cast the curse. Don't kill Mary Margaret," Aubree said.

"Henry, Aubree, she has to pay."

"The curse. It won't make us love you for real. It'll be fake," Henry told her.

"But it will be something. I know it's hard for you two to understand right now but you'll both see. We can be happy. We can have everything."

"Not like this," the twins stated.

"Hey Regina! Get away from my son and daughter!" Emma yelled.

"They're not yours. They're mine. And after I cast this, you'll never see them again," Regina retorted.

"That's never going to happen," David said.

"If you want to kill Mary Margaret you're going to have to go through us," Emma told her.

"Okay." Regina started to use magic, but Henry and Aubree ran between her and Emma, Neal and David.

"Stop!" the twins cried.

"Henry, Aubree, get out of the way!" Neal yelled.

"Not until someone helps us destroy magic!" Henry argued.

"There's no way to get rid of it. You can't just blow it up!" Regina replied.

"Magic isn't the problem, kids. It's her," Emma answered.

Henry frowned. "It's not just her. It's everyone. Look what magic did to Mary Margaret." He turned to Regina. "Look what it did to you! It's ruining everything. It makes good people do terrible things."

"And bad people."

Aubree looked between them. "Please. It's going to destroy Henry's and my family. Help us get rid of it."

"I can't do that Henry, Aubree," Regina replied. "But there is something I can do." She burned the scroll with the curse on it.

"Thank you," the twins said as they went to Emma and they all walked away, leaving Regina alone.

PAST

Owen was on the other side of the town line with two police officers.

"Here! This is where they took my dad!" Owen told them.

"There's nothing here kid," the captain said.

"No. No. This is where Storybrooke was. By this rock."

"Son, there isn't a town called Storybrooke anywhere in Maine."

"So you don't believe me?"

"Look. Now you've been through a lot." Owen ran closer to the town line. "Son!"

"I'll find you, Dad. I promise! I'll never stop looking!" On the Storybrooke side of the town line, Regina, hidden to Owen, touched to magic barrier keeping her from crossing.

"Come on son. Come on, let's go. It's okay." The officers led Owen away.

MARY MARGARET'S APARTMENT

Mr. Gold was talking on the phone. "Okay." He hung up. "That was your husband. It seems that Henry and Aubree convinced Regina to destroy the curse. Which means my services are no longer required."

"How do you do it?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Do what?"

"Live with yourself. Knowing all the bad things you've done."

"Well, you tell yourself you did the right thing. And if you say it often enough, one day you might actually believe it."

---

Regina answered to door at her house and saw Mary Margaret.

"You," Regina said.

"Kill me," Mary Margaret told her.

"What?"

"Regina, we have been fighting for so long. It's cost us so much. It has to end before anyone else dies. So please, just do it."

"Henry and Aubree would never forgive me. But do you know what my problem is? I never learn from my mistakes." She ripped out Mary Margaret's heart. "Huh."

"What?"

She showed Mary Margaret the heart, which had a black spot on it. "Do you see that?"

"What did you do to it?"

"Oh, I didn't do that. You did it. You darkened yourself."

"No. No. No."

"Yes. And once you blacken your heart, it only grows darker. And darker. Trust me. I know."

"So crush it. Do it. Crush it. Get it over with."

"And put you out of your misery? I don't need to destroy you. You're doing it to yourself. And along the way, you'll bring down that perfect little family you fought so hard to reunite. And then Henry and Aubree will be mine."

"Please kill me. Please just kill me."

"You see, I can have everything." She replaced Mary Margaret's heart. "Thanks to you. Now get off my porch." She went inside and slammed the door.

Greg had been filming the scene from the sidewalk. He ran to his car and looked at the lanyard key chain on his set of keys. "I'll find you, Dad. I promise." He started the engine and drove away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 712 29
Just when life in Storybrooke seems like it could finally be peaceful, once again the peaceful lives are threatened by a new villain. Mr Hyde, who is...
6.4K 225 20
Season 2 After the curse is broken and everyone remembers, Blakely is tossed into a world she doesn't know. Her and her brother Henry face a difficu...
37.8K 799 21
The curse is broken. Families are reunited. But this is Storybrooke, and life here was never going to be easy. What happens when Tasha finds herself...
529 27 6
This is the story of a girl, named Hope, and it starts with a curse, a curse that was put on her before she was even born that she would be forever s...