The Betrayal of the Sister [O...

By bethanyjanebooks

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ɴᴇᴍᴇꜱɪꜱ ᴡᴀꜱ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀꜱ' ʟᴏᴠᴇ? ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜʀꜱᴇ... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Next Book

Chapter 8

1.7K 68 6
By bethanyjanebooks

The Enchanted Forest...

Emma, Mary Margaret, Aurora, Mulan and Killian approached beanstalk, Killian explained to the women that only one extra person could go up with a cuff that held a counterspell to the enchanted beanstalk that repelled intruders. 

The woman argued about who would go up with Killian and Emma decided that she would. She got sleeping powder from Mulan for help and Emma asked her to cut the beanstalk down if she wasn't back in ten hours.

Emma walked up to Killian and held up her wrist, "I was hoping it'd be you," Killian said.

"Just get on with it," Emma said.

"Put your hand right here," He tapped his shoulder and she put her hand on his shoulder as he snapped the magical cuff to her wrist, "That's a good girl. This will allow you to climb. There are other dangers. Thankfully, you've got me to protect you," He held up his stump hand, "I can't climb one-handed, can I?" Killian questioned.

Emma handed him his hook from Mary Margaret, "Don't think I'm taking my eyes off you for a second," Emma said.

"I would despair if you did," Killian said.

"Let's go," Emma said and the two began to climb up the beanstalk.

Flashback

Calista was sat in her brothers' room, in the tub and a knock came from the door.

"Sister?" Killian called out.

"I'm okay," Calista said.

"Just making sure... I, uh... I'm sorry," He said.

"Why are you sorry?" She asked.

"I nearly abandoned you... I was going to leave you, you deserve better than me," Killian said on the other side of the door.

"Clothes... I don't have any..." Calista said.

"Uh, in my closet, take what you need," Killian said.

"Thank you," Calista sighed, "I'll... I'll be out soon... W... We'll talk then," Calista said.

"Uh, sure, yeah... Of course... You probably want to be alone and relax..." Killian said.

"Big brother..." She said.

"Yeah?" He said.

"I love you," She said.

Killian smiled, "I love you too, sister," He said and walked away from the door.

End of Flashback

Storybrooke...

Calista walked down to the docks and sat on the edge, she looked out at the sea. She pulled out a necklace from her pocket and looked at it, a simple ruby necklace.

"Didn't the Cap'n give you that?" Mr Smee asked as he walked up.

"Just because I'm allowing you to live doesn't mean you can sneak up on me," Calista said.

Mr Smee placed a blanket around her shoulders and sat beside her, "You're still my Captain's sister," He looked at her, "Why do you want to see him if you hate him?" He asked.

"He ordered you to kill me and my daughter, I want to get to him before he can do it again," Calista said.

"He didn't order it because he wanted to... He felt betrayed and hurt," Mr Smee said.

"Because I followed my heart... Wow, I don't care for excuses," Calista said.

"Calista.." Mr Smee watched her stand up, "Listen to me," He said.

"No," Calista looked at him, "I loved my brother dearly and he ordered you all to kill me and my daughter... I won't ever forgive that," Calista said and walked away.

Flashback

Calista was wearing one of Killian's shirts and trousers with a belt around her waist, boots up to her knees, she put on a leather jacket and pulled her hair out from the jacket.

She walked out of his room and we walked onto the deck and walked to the helm where Killian was, "Big brother?" She called out.

He looked at her and smiled, "I'll make a pirate out of you yet," He held his hand out to her, she took it and he gently pulled her into him, they hugged, "I never thought I'd ever find you," He said.

"You did... You found me," Calista said and closed her eyes.

"Aye, but I nearly didn't," Killian said.

"You still could've left even when you saw me... Left me alone but you didn't... You didn't abandon me, you saved me," Calista said.

"I always will... I promise. No matter what," They pulled away, "Come, let me teach you," Killian said.

"Teach me what?" Calista said.

"How to steer a ship," Killian said and gently pulled her in front of him as he began to teach her.

End of Flashback

Calista was walking away from Smee, who was walking after her, "Stop following me," Calista said.

"The Captain regretted what he did, the minute your husband made you disappear with your daughter," Mr Smee said.

"Like I would believe anything you'd say," Calista said.

"I'm being serious! He regretted it instantly! Why won't you believe me!?" He asked said.

"Because!" She turned to him with tears in her eyes, "He was the only family I had, then Rumpel took him... My brother promised me... He promised me he'd always save me, but where was he when I was taken? Finding a way to get his revenge for Milah and not his blood!" Tears fell down her cheeks, "I would've done anything for him! Anything he wanted because he was the only family I had but he never once tried to save me and you seriously have to ask why I won't believe you? That's why Smee... He actually abandoned me, his only family, he left me to the Dark One and he blames me for falling in love with someone who always had my back! Rumpel always had my back more than Killian ever did!" Calista said.

"Calista..." Mr Smee said.

"Don't... Just... Just leave me alone, the only time I want to see you again is when you see him in town... If not, stay the hell out of my way," Calista said and walked away wiping away her tears.

"Calista?" Belle called out and Calista looked at her, "W-What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's okay, I'll... I'll be okay," Calista said and smiled slightly.

"Don't lie to me," Belle said.

"Apparently... My brother regretting kidnapping my daughter and trying to save us both killed, but he looked at me in anger... It honestly scared me more than whenever Rumpel is mad..." Calista said.

"That's... That's why you can handle him... You're more afraid of your brother than Rumpelstiltskin," Belle said.

"Yeah, I'm more afraid of my brother than the Dark One... How weird is that?" Calista asked.

"It's not weird, it's normal... You're afraid you'll actually lose your family over him," Belle said.

Flashback

Killian brought Calista to a room which was a storeroom, but everything has been removed, "This is yours... I think you don't want to share with the crew," Killian said.

"Thanks," Calista said.

"I'll, uh, I'll be back," Killian said and walked out, shutting the door behind her.

Calista looked around and she saw a small mattress in the corner, she pulled it over to the bench in the room that was my the window. The mattress fitted perfectly on that, placed a pillow at one end then tucked a blanket over the mattress. Then she started to work on what was left in the room, ornaments, cushions, curtains, table and chairs.

Killian walked in, "Looks like you're getting sorted," He said seeing her putting the curtains up.

"I always looked out for myself, roomwise or I wouldn't have a nice sleep... After... Everything he did," Calista said.

"People call you his wench... When did that..?" Killian said.

"Fourteen," Calista said.

"Bastard... I'm so sorry," Killian said.

"You're not the one who has to apologise, our father does... If he even deserves to be called that," Calista said.

"He doesn't deserve anything from you or from me," He said.

She looked at him to see him holding some trousers, "What's with the trousers?" She asked.

"I think these might fit you more," Killian said.

"Thanks," She took them and laid them over a chair.

"I'll, uh, I'll try and find you some more... So, you're not in mine all the time... It's not an issue but, I doubt they're comfortable being baggy," Killian said.

"Killian... Relax, that'll do for today and another will do for tomorrow and the next day while I'm altering handed down clothes. Anything you give me is better than those rags," Calista said to him.

"Speaking for the rags, I threw it overboard," Killian said.

"Okay," She said and smiled at him, "Hmm... Do you have anything else I can sleep in?" She asked.

"Uh, I should have an old shirt," He said and walked out of her room.

Calista closed the door, locked it and changed into the other trousers, a better fit and she flinched hearing a bang on the door, "Just a minute," She said and fastened the belt before opening the door.

Killian handed her another shirt, he noticed the trouser change, "A better fit?" He asked.

"Yeah, thanks," She said.

"No problem... Uh, it's late... Do you want anything to eat? I can bring something up," He said.

"Killian... Are you... Okay?" She asked.

He looked at her, "Leaving here, our brother died... I don't want you to die then the same way... You have to listen to me and listen to everything I say, okay?" Killian said.

"I promise," Calista smiled, "I think... I could do with some food," She said.

"Want to eat here or with everyone?" He asked.

"As long as I'm not alone and with you, I'm fine with either," She said with a smile.

End of Flashback

Calista walked into the house after Mr Gold and Naomi.

"You sure you're okay," Calista asked Naomi.

"Yeah... Just hurt from falling," Naomi said.

"Why don't you have a nice warm bath, with some bubbles and your mother will be up shortly," Mr Gold said.

"Okay Papa," Naomi said and walked upstairs.

"I'll start some tea," Mr Gold said and walked to the kitchen with her behind him, "You were crying earlier... Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, just... History coming back," Calista said.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked as he made tea.

"Nope," Calista said and looked at her necklace, "I tried to get rid of this but I couldn't..."

"When you look at it... How do you feel?" Mr Gold asked her as he pushes a cup of tea to her.

"I feel love for my brother... The brother I thought he was," Calista glanced at her husband who just looked at her, "Are you mad?" She asked.

"...No," Mr Gold answered and sipped his tea.

Flashback

Killian and Calista were sat together in what they call the mess hall. Killian watched as his sister didn't eat much, about three-quarters were still on her plate.

"Don't like it?" He asked her.

"Oh, uh, I like it but, uh, it's too much for me," Calista said as she looked up at him.

"Too much? Cali, that's a small portion... Just... Just what did that monster give you to eat?" Killian asked her.

"Bread... Water," Calista said.

Killian looked at her silently and he looked at her neck, to her collarbone to see it very visible. Calista noticed his eyes on her and she grabbed the shirt to cover her skin. He looked back up at her to see her glancing around.

"Cali... A little bit more every day, okay?" He placed his right hand on hers and she looked at him, "I'll help you, I'll always help you," Killian said.

Calista nodded and held his hand, "Can I stop eating..? I feel a little sick," Calista said.

"Aye, you can stop, love," Killian said. If he was honest to himself, he didn't know how to help her, he didn't know what to do but all he knew is she needed him as much as he needed her.

Later, that night Calista was laid in her coat having a nightmare, she was sweating and panting as she head turned from side to side.

"No... No... Don't... Please," She said in her sleep.

Killian walked into her room, holding a candle, he closed the door and walked to her cot. He sat on the floor, "Hey, hey, shh, you're safe," He said as he brushed his fingers through her hair.

Calista woke up with a start and screamed, she pulled the blanket over her head.

"Cali... It's just me," He said and gently pulled the blanket from her face, she looked at him terrified, "I won't hurt you, I promise," He said.

"I...I'm sorry," She said and she sat up, "I didn't..."

"Shh, it's okay... Liam was always better at soothing your nightmares compared to me," He said with a smile.

"I...I don't remember much... I just remember my father taking me from my bed... And... Putting me in the arms of that monster," Calista said.

"Hush now... I... uh, actually have something of yours..." She looked at him and he bought out a ruby necklace, "You were three... We were out with my father at a market once and you saw this... You took it, I saw what you did but I never told Liam or our father, it was our little secret but what you didn't know was... I went back to the stall and paid the stall owner who did see you," Killian said.

"I stole..?" Calista said.

"Yeah, first and only time I'm guessing," Killian said and placed the necklace in her hands, "When... When I woke up and you were gone, all that was left behind of you was this. I kept a lot of it, locating you to the docks but I could never find you... I thought you'd be dressed as a maid, not a..." She looked at him, "You know..." Killian said.

"Ragged prisoner?" Calista said.

"Aye..." He said.

Calista put the necklace on, "Thank you," She said as she looked at the ruby necklace.

"Okay, come on, move up," Killian said as he stood up.

"What?" Calista looked at him confused.

"Move up," He repeated and Calista moved closer to the wall then he laid beside her, he brought her into his arms, "How'd it go... She stepped away from me. And she moved through the fair and fondly. Yeah. And she went her way homeward. With one star awake," Killian sang to her and he looked at her to see her asleep. He looked out the window, "We miss you brother," He said before he closed his eyes.

End of Flashback

Naomi was asleep in her bed and woke up screaming. Calista ran in and rushed to her bed a Mr Gold followed behind her.

"Hey, hey, I'm here, Mama's here," Calista sat on the bed and held her daughter, "Bad dream?"

"Yeah... Very bad..." Naomi said and she panted.

"What happened?" Mr Gold asked.

Naomi pulled away from her mother, looking st her father, "Something's coming..." She looked at Calista, "They're going to hurt you," She said.

"Who?" Mr Gold asked.

"I...I don't know," Naomi said.

"I'll be a fine sweet girl, okay," She stood up, "Move on," Naomi moved over and Calista got onto the bed, she nodded to Mr Gold and he walked out shutting the door. Calista brought her daughter into her arms, "She stepped away from me and moved through the fair and fondly. Yeah. And she went her way homeward. With one star awake," Calista sang softly sending her daughter to sleep and she looked out the window at the ocean, "I'll never let you near us, Killian," She said before closing her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 930 33
"ᴀꜰᴛᴇʀ ᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʀᴏꜱᴇ, ɪᴛ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴀꜱ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀꜱ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ɢʀᴀᴄɪᴇ. ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʀᴏꜱᴇ ɪɢɴᴏʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ...
27K 966 26
Henry has been taken to Neverland under Pan's orders, Mr Gold, Emma, David, Mary Margaret, Killian and Calista are on their way to save him. Things b...
7.7K 517 28
𝐄𝐕𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 ︱❝ We both had hard lives Emma. But those hard lives taught us that pain only makes us stronger. ❞ Imagine a scenario where S...
49.8K 1.1K 39
Henry Mills left Storybrooke when he graduated from High School to find his own story. When he was captured by a new Lady Tremaine, he was rescued by...