CHERRY. [JESS MARIANO]

By sincerelyhales

Cassandra Quinn had her three phase plan. One, ace her SAT's Two, graduate Yale with a Law Degree Three, mov... More

Playlist
Dedications
To Kill A Mockingbird
We're Jacket Buddies!
Stay Gold, Ponyboy
Peter Rabbit
Tragic
Gross T-shirt, Good Band
Tea and Biscuits
You Owe Me
The Shins
You Look Like A Cloud
Don't Let Me Fall
People Suck
In A While Crocodile
You Got A Boo Boo
Snowman
You're Tall
Friends
Baseball Bats
I'm Late
Be Nice
Cedric Diggory
Bye-bye Birdie
Monica and Chandler
Should I Stay or Should I Go
Wow, He Really Is Whipped
As You Wish
I Made Sure She Was Okay
To Hell With Him
The Hungry Diner
You Can Never Have Too Much Johnny Depp
2246 Broadway
I Want To Come Back
You Cannot Tell Anyone
Something in Washington
Race You
Summer Madness
You Really Know Me
Cambridge and Oxford
Honey, I'm Home!
Just Peachy
Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs and Maple Syrup
The Beatles
Romeo and Juliet
Dissapointment
The Smell of Bleach is The Smell of Freedom
The Lion King
Dance With Me
Thanksgiving
Columbia
Trashy Games and Trashy Food
The Odyssey
I Don't Have To Tell You Anything
You Did It
Life Is Funny Isn't It?
Grass Salads and Piggyback Rides
Love, Rosie
When She Sees My Face I Hope It Gives Her Hell
I Know You
Dear, Cherry
Show Them Who's Boss
Mr. Bear
You Called Me a Bitch?
And I Hated That Too
Six Months Later
I Love You
You Wrote A Book
A Jeep and A Porsche
Pigeons and Bagels
Christmas Lights
Later, Loser
The Diner Diaries
Epilogue

I Think You're Full Of Shit

19.6K 547 540
By sincerelyhales

Surprisingly, last night went well. Really well actually. Jess and my mum both made an effort and we all found out that they're not that different. Aside from there being some tension in the air for half an hour, they got along pretty well.

By that, I mean no one killed each other. They each made a few jokes here and there before Jess had decided to leave. He even thanked my mum for letting him stay. He thanked her. I don't think I've ever seen him thank everyone.

In conclusion, they don't hate each other anymore and my mum said he wasn't too bad. That was the most I got out of her.

Now, walking towards Luke's with Rory, Lorelai and my mum I felt less worried at my mum going inside. Lorelai was talking about how she almost fell off her roof.

Lorelai was showing my mum her wound under the bandage when Rory spoke up. "Stop playing with it!"

Lorelai pouted and kept her hands to herself. "Maybe, our gutters are infected with radioactive poison or made out of some kind of extraterrestrial metal. This could be my superhero origin." She explained quickly with her eyes wide.

My mum shoved her lightly. "You sure we weren't pushed off your roof?" She remarked as we headed inside Luke's for breakfast.

We all sat down at a table for four. I shrugged off my jacket and looked around. "Where's Luke?" I asked out.

The place was bustling with its usual customers on a Sunday morning. I saw Jess helping to serve some people. Alas, no Luke in sight.

"I don't know where he is but I'm getting pancakes with a side of pancakes," Lorelai says as we all look around for Luke.

"Oh no," my mum says looking towards the kitchen. We all follow her line of sight and groan.

Rory looked back towards us. "Caesar's cooking." She stated.

"Wait here," I tell them before getting up and heading behind the counter.

I approach Jess who was counting up something at the cash register. When he saw me he stopped what he was doing to give me a small smile.

"Hey, Cherry." He greeted.

I return the smile. "Hey, I just wanna say thanks for last night."

Jess shrugs. "It's no big deal," he waves it off.

Leaning against the counter, I start with why I came here in the first place. "It is a big deal. But I came here to ask if you knew where Luke was."

"I think he's upstairs, why?"

"Caesar's cooking and Lorelai wants good pancakes," I explain.

"Well, then you better go get Luke down."

I say a quick thanks to him before going back to the table. "So, Luke's upstairs."

Lorelai sends me a grateful smile. "Thanks," she says before heading upstairs.

"Well," Rory started as she gave me a knowing gaze.

"What?" I was confused.

My mum scoffed. "I see now why me being nice to Jess was so important last night."

Rory turns towards me. "You didn't tell me he came over last night!" She exclaims loudly.

I quickly cover her mouth with my hand. "Could you be any louder?" She pushed my hand away with a disgusted look.

"You like him don't you?" My mum teases as I groan and rest my head on the table.

"I do not!" I protested.

Rory points her finger at me. "What about what you said on the bus-" I quickly shut her up with a kick under the table.

Unfortunately I wasn't quick enough. "What did you say on the bus?" My mum inquired with a raised eyebrow.

Before I could answer, Jess came up to our table with a pot of coffee in his hand. "Coffee?" He asks as everyone nods.
When he was filling up my mug he begins to say something. "You know, I still owe you another Hemingway."

"You finished Prisoner of Azkaban?" I look up at him. Our deal was that once he finished one book form the Harry Potter series he gave me another Hemingway.

"Yeah, but Harry annoyed me."

"Harry annoys everyone," I agree.

When he was done filling up all our mugs, he looks at me expectantly. "If you stop by when I'm cleaning their gutters, I'll give you a Hemingway and you can give me the next book." He nods his head toward Rory when he mentions their gutters.

"Sure," I nod my head at him before he sends me one last smile and leaves.

When I turn back towards the table, Rory and my mum were raising they're eyebrows at me.

"What?" I ask for the second time that day.

"He just invited you over to my house. My house." Rory says excitedly.

I roll my eyes at her. "Calm down, he just wants to borrow my book."

"He likes you," my mum says suggestively.

"I think you're delusional," I retort.

"And I think you're full of shit." Rory fires back just as Lorelai and Luke come down the stairs.

She sits back down in her seat. "Alright what did I miss?"

~~~

"Have you seen our new alarm clock?" Was the first thing Lorelai asked me when she opened her front door.

"Unless I have superpowers and can be at two places at once, then no I have not seen your alarm clock." I reply as I hang my coat on one of the pegs by the door. I kept the book that I was supposed to give Jess in my arms.

Rory greeted me from the couch as I took a seat next to her. "Run while you can," she mutters to me.

"Look!" Lorelai exclaims happily from her seat next to me. She presses a button on the grey alarm clock that was on the table before us.

It started spewing out animal noises that ranged from a pig squealing to a horse neighing. I thought my eardrums were going to burst at it's loud volume. It just repeated the animal noises until Lorelai pressed a button to stop it.

"Isn't it great?" She says excitedly as she throws her hands in the air.

Rory had her head in her hands. "It was great the first ten times you showed me," she grumbled.

"Well Grumpy, aren't you supposed to meet with Dean?" Lorelai remarks.

"Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me." Rory jumps out of her seat and heads into her room.

Lorelai turns to me. "And you," she begins giving me a pointed look. "Loverboy is outside."

"Ugh, Rory told you?"

She pats my cheek affectionately. "Rory tells me everything."

"Rory!" I yell in the direction of her room. I hear a faint 'what' in reply. "I hate you!"

"I love you too!"

I get up from my seat on the couch and make my way to the kitchen. I grab a soda out from their fridge. "I'm heading out!" I call out to the two Gilmores. Before I could head out however, I got stopped by Rory calling me into her room.

"Yeah?" I ask as I lean on her doorframe. Her room looked the same as it usually did. Her head nearly made, her homework and school notes out on her desk. Last, but definitely not least, her collection of books on the shelves.

"There's a book sale in town today," she tells me as she puts a hairband in her hair.

I cross my arms in front of myself. "And why am I only hearing about this now?" I tried to recall if I ever saw anything of the sorts but I came up short when I realised the bookstore was not on my way here.

"Merritt may have told me to tell you yesterday but I forgot," she says sheepishly.

I wave my hand at her. "It's fine," I say dismissively. "I'm going outside for a bit."

Rory gives me a few teasing words as I head out the back door. I look around hoping to see Jess somewhere but all I saw were a few gloves and pipes. There were a few trash bags scattered around from being blown by the wind.

On the porch steps I saw a copy of The Sun Also Rises. No doubt Jess' copy for me. The copy was weathered and worn as if it's been thrown in the sea. I picked it up in my hand carefully. I skimmed through the pages. There wasn't a single page where I didn't find any notes in the margins.

"That's a good one."

I look up to see Jess kneeling on the roof of the house. He had on his usual pair of jeans that looked dirty from all the grime. The sleeves of his black t-shirt was rolled up to his elbows. He looked down on me with a smirk.

"You say that about every book," I reply. I hold up the copy of Goblet of Fire to him. "I'll put it down on the porch." He shouts back an 'okay' before he continues to hack at the gutters with whatever tool he had in his hand.

"Did you change your hair?" He asks suddenly.

Suddenly growing self conscious I bring a hand up to my hair. "Um, no. Why?"

He shrugs. "It just looks different than just now."

"Good different or bad different?" I ask curiously.

Before he could answer me, Lorelai came out with a jacket around her shoulders. "You wanna join us for lunch?" She asks me with a smile.

"Nah, I gotta get to the bookstore. Rory probably cleared everything out." I tell her.

She makes a move to go back inside but I drop her. "Why don't you invite Jess?" I suggest quietly while she makes a face.

"Do I have to?" She whines with a pout.

"Would it kill you to be nice?" I add with my arms in my pockets.

She sighs before looking at me. "Fine, but can I at least call him Tess?"

I nod at her words. "You could call him Jessie too." I say a quick goodbye to Jess and Lorelai before heading into town.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 78 9
LUKE & LORELAI ❝i don't have many people in my life who are in my life permanently, forever.❞ ❝but there is no one who will be...
140K 5.2K 65
𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒 | 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 | 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬. "What just happened?" He asked. Luke laughed, patting his nephew o...
15.6K 220 21
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮." "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐚�...
13.2K 388 66
On paper, they were perfect together. She understood him to levels that no one else did and he worked hard to ensure that she could have the future t...