The Stepbrothers And Me

Bởi humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... Xem Thêm

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 18

126 10 0
Bởi humyyussuf

Urgh, it's freezing today, I am most definitely not a fan of winter, you can't do anything except sit and freeze yourself, and right now, I am currently waiting outside for Charlie, and he is already 10 minutes late.

After a few more minutes of me freezing my butt, Charlie's car stops in my driveway.
"I am so sorry, I got caught up with my mom this morning!" Charlie says guilty.

"It's fine!" I say and turn around to stare at the trees, but ofcourse they made me think of him,I mean seriously, why are the trees green.

"Are we still up for the thing after school, and since it's cold maybe we could get coffee instead of icecream?" Charlie asks nervously.

"Yah, coffee sounds good!" I say and go back to looking at the trees.

"I'm getting a feeling that I ruined the great friendship we had!" Charlie says, it was more like a statement than a question.
I just nod without looking at him.
"How can I make it right, so we can go back to how we were?" Charlie asks, and I just shrug.

When we arrive at school, I get out and leave without saying anything.

You do know that it's rude not to thank a person when he or she has done something for you.

Well Charlie can't just expect me to go back to being friends with him after he almost kissed me and then told me to forget about it.

But if you don't like him, isn't that supposed to make you happy?

I don't like him, but I don't really know how I feel.

I must have been way too lost in my thoughts because I bumped into someone and fell down, and the ground is kissing my butt, I groan and when I look up I see Jeremy, why universe, what did I do that you have to do this to me.

"You really need to get out of your dream bubble, you might walk into trouble without knowing, and you never know what can happen." Jeremy says while helping me up, I need to far away from this guy as possible.

I thank him for helping me pick up my stuff and when I was about to leave, he slammed me against the lockers, I winced at the pain that shot up my spine.

"Haven't seen you in a very long time, I was planning on taking you home one of these days, and since you have neither of your boys are here, I will have you for myself!" Jeremy says,his breath is on my neck, my heart is pounding in my chest.

I need to calm down so I can focus, Jeremy moves his lips to my ear, how on earth does a person stay calm like this.

I did what I should have done a long time ago, I kneed him in the groin, he instantly went down, I took the opportunity and went to class.
I apologized to the teacher for being late and went to the back, I was still shaking and couldn't focus on anything.

During lunch, I went to the library, a part of me doesn't want Charlie to be there, but another part wants him to be there, and maybe we would go back to how we were.

When I get to the library, he isn't there, I feel the pain in my chest come back, but I push it away and take out a book.

I was so lost in the book that I got a shock when something was put down on the desk, when I look up,it's Charlie, and he brought icecream, I instantly light up,I haven't had icecream in a really long time.

I just grab the spoon and start eating the icecream hungrily, Charlie is staring at me with amusement.

"So how is that as an apology?" Charlie asks with his award winning smile.

"You are forgiven, and if being mad at you gets me icecream, then I will be mad at you more often!" I say and go back to devouring the icecream, Charlie chuckles and joins me.

We eat in silence, but now it's a comfortable silence.
There was exactly a spoon left in the tub, both me and Charlie stared at each other, it was kinda like those cowboy movies, we both tried getting the icecream, and there was a few cursing here and there, but then I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and claimed my victory.

"God woman, you're violent!" Charlie said in pain, I feel guilty but I got the icecream, so I ate the guilt with the icecream.

All of a sudden Charlie's expression changed, and then I saw that he was looking at my wrists, fluff, that must have happened earlier with Jeremy, I try covering it up, but Charlie pulls my hands towards him, and his face is in pure rage.

"Who did this to you Stacey?" Charlie asked angry.

"No one, I was carrying some heavy bags and  maybe it left a mark or something." I say trying to sound casual, but the way Charlie's head snapped in my direction, he knew that I was lying.

"Who did this Stacey?" He asked again, but this time his voice was calmer but it had an evil tone or something.

"Jeremy." That one word made him angry, his whole face was red with anger.

"I am going to kill that bastard!" Charlie curses him a bit more, and somehow I was able to calm him down.

"Leave him Charlie, he's not worth it!" I tell him, Charlie just nods and we clean up to go to class.

The rest of the classes go by uneventful, thank God.

Charlie's POV

I am going to kill that bastard when I see him, he injured Stacey and she still told me not to do anything.

I didn't realise where I was going and I bumped into someone, I was about to,snap at the person but I saw that it was just Julia, she is the cheerleader captain.

"Ohh hi Charlie, I am so sorry!" She says and starts touching my arm, what the fuck is wrong with this girl." Do you think I could come over later?" She asks and then starts to walk closer.

"I am taken, maybe you should go find some other guy to spend the evening with, maybe Jeremy should the job!" I say and walk away.

When I get to the car, I see Stacey is already there, I smile and get in.

"So exactly where are we going?" She asks with an amused tone.

"This really cool charity place!" I said and Stacey was staring at me in disbelief. "I know it sounds really boring and not fun, I can drop you home if you want!" I say kinda disappointed.

"No I'm fine, I want to go to this charity place, I was just surprised that a guy would want to go a charity gathering!" She said surprised.
I chuckle and return my eyes to the road, we sat in silence, but it was comforting so I didn't mind it.

We arrived at the place 10 minutes later, it was a cancer charity gathering, which is why I came, if I can't help myself, maybe I can help someone else with their cancer.

Stacey looks surprised at the place, she seems to be happy to be here, so we go inside, there is stalls selling different stuff everywhere, there is food stalls, so technically we buy stuff and the money goes for charity.

We walk around and buy stuff, we buy food, we buy stuffed toys, and it was Stacey's fault, she kept arguing with me that stuffed animals are also for adults, but I said that they are for children, and when we asked this couple for their opinion, they said that adults can also have stuffed animals. So we ended up buying a few.

I was passing by a stall when something caught my eye, when I went back, I saw that it was a necklace with 2 angel wings and a heart in the middle, it was stunning.

"The girl that has your heart is very lucky my dear!" This old lady at the stall said with a smile, when I look around, I spot Stacey a few stalls away.

"You're in love dear!" The lady says smiling.
As much as I want to disagree with her, I know that she is right.

"Does she know about you having cancer?" She asks casually and my head snaps towards her. "I recognise a cancer patient when I see one, and I suggest you tell her before it's too late, you will regret if you don't." If only it was as easy as this lady said.

I pay for the necklace, even though she kept telling me not to pay, I somehow was able to convince her to take the money.

When I get to Stacey, she is busy laughing with a boy from the stall, seriously, I leave for 5 minutes and boys are already trying to take her away.

When I get to her,I put my arm around her shoulder and then glare at the boy, Stacey rolls her eyes and she pays for the notebook that she took.

"You know you can take off your arm, there aren't any guys around!" She says annoyed.
I remove my arm and we walk around in silence.

My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I see that it's a message from mom saying that I should be home at this time. Great, I will never have my old life back.

"Charlie are you okay?" Stacey asks and I snap back to reality.

"Yah,it's just my mom telling me to go home, and that it's getting late!" I roll my eyes and Stacey chuckled.

The drive home was peaceful, and with the soft music playing, Stacey fell asleep, she looked extremely cute while she is asleep, urgh,now I sound like Edward from twilight,I honestly have no idea how he can go without sleeping.

When I get to her house,I shake her lightly but she won't wake up,so i decide to just carry her home.

I was somehow able to knock on the door without dropping anything that was on my hand including Stacey.

Mr. Craft opens the door and his face hardens when he sees me carrying Stacey, I tell him what happened and that she fell asleep in the car, his face softens and he lets me go put Stacey in her room.

I tuck her inside the duvets and put the stuffed toys with her, and just as I was leaving I remember the necklace that is in my pocket, thank God. So I put the necklace around her neck and kiss her forehead and leave, I say goodbye to mr and mrs. Collins and head home.

It is already 9 when I get home, shit, mom must be freaking out.
When I enter the house,my mom starts asking me questions and after I tell her what happened and convince her that I am fine and nothing happened, she lets me go up to my room.
Today was definitely fun.

And the old lady's words are still in my head, I really need to tell Stacey how I feel before it's too late.

I actually fell asleep, and it was the nice kind of sleep,the one that didn't involve me waking up with pain in the middle of the night.

                  ××××××××××××××××××

So what do you guys think of Charlie?

And please don't forget to vote and comment and share.

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
30.5K 689 21
Chelsea is known as the popular girl in Fells High School. She is smart and rich but has an attitude which some people dislike her. Chelsea's life be...
98.8K 2.3K 34
Savannah Maxwell is the most popular girl in school but she's not your typical 'popular girl'; she's nice to literally everyone, caring, funny, tries...
38.8K 1.3K 27
When the schools 'nerd'gets noticed by one of the most popular guys in school. Will it effect her life?