The Stepbrothers And Me

Από humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... Περισσότερα

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 15

161 11 0
Από humyyussuf

I was so excited to see Charlie, I haven't seen him for the past week, and thank God he is coming back to school, I don't think I can survive another day with Jeremy or Hunter, I can't figure out who's worse.

When I see Charlie's car in my driveway, I am literally the happiest person on earth, even my parents found it suspicious that I was in a good mood in the morning.
And ofcourse my dad couldn't let the opportunity pass,so he started teasing me with Charlie.

There's something off about Charlie that I know he doesn't want to tell me, because when I got in the car, he barely looked at me in the eye for more than 5 seconds, he seems paler and he seems sick, there's this sadness in his eyes and he looks like he'll burst into tears anytime.

I don't ask him anything, now really does not look like the right time, so instead we talk about random stuff that just pop up until we get to school.

When the bell rings, I head to the library, and Charlie is already there with a book.

I sit in my usual seat and open my book, I so badly want to ask him stuff, but what if he thinks I'm being rude or something, than it will be so awkward.

"Umm, Stacey! Your book is upside down!" Charlie says while trying to hold in his laughter.
I break out of my trance and when I see that I was actually holding my book upside down, my whole face turns red,and this only causes Charlie to burst out laughing.

Once he calms down,he looks at me and smirks.
I roll my eyes and go back to my book and this time I make sure to hold my book the right way.

"Okay, tell me what's bothering you!" I nearly drop my book when he says that, Charlie must have seen my look because he instantly turned red. "You bite your lip when something is usually bothering you!" Charlie says and he turns redder by the second.

"Ummmm!" I sigh, I really don't want him to think that I don't trust him,so I settle with a much easier question." Everytime you're nervous or stressed or angry,you fidget with the chain on your neck, why?" I ask, Charlie looks kinda surprised that I actually pay that much attention.

"This chain was my father's,and I wear it because it helps me to think,and it also let's me feel as If my dad is with me,and I guess I just got so used to having it around my neck!" I can see Charlie's eyes sparkle when he speaks of his dad.

We spent the rest of break reading and trying to not scream at each other about what happens in the book.

I'm changing in the girls locker room,we just finished pe, and I can hear whispers on the other side of the room.
When I peep through the corner, I see about 3 girls.

"Did you hear, Charlie quit football!" One of them says.

"And how do you know that?" Someone else says.

"My boyfriend is in the football team!" The first on says.

I make sure to not make a sound and go back to my locker. Charlie quit football, but he loves football.

I have this feeling that Charlie is hiding something from me, maybe I should ask him, how hard can it be.

Thank God it is the end of the day, I only have to make a quick stop at my locker, and of course my day couldn't get any worse, Jeremy is leaning against my locker and he seems to be very interested in his phone.
Maybe I could just try and run away.

Why would you run away from him, don't you remember, you guys went on a date!

That doesn't mean anything.

To him, I'm sure it does, and besides, you really need some love interest in your life.

You do know you just insulted yourself also right.

Ohh shut up.

"Well,are you going to come put your books inside or just stand there and admire my handsome features!" Jeremy asks.
I groan and carry on walking.

"Why exactly are you here Jeremy?" I ask while taking the books that I need.

"I am taking you on another date!" He says in a matter of fact tone.

"No!" I say.

"That's funny, but it wasn't a question!" Jeremy grabs me and slams me against the locker.

"Don't you think this is getting old Jeremy, we did go on a date,but you see right, I don't think it was good, maybe you should go find someone else to annoy!" I try to make my voice sound as boring as I possibly could.

Jeremy's hold tightens, and I can feel his breath on my face.
All of a sudden,he was pulled away from me.
I look up and see Charlie.

"You really need to learn how to stay in your limits Jeremy!" Charlie is fuming.

"Hmmmm,you're forgetting our deal Charlie!" Jeremy says and walks away.

I look at Charlie and he is still staring at where Jeremy was a second ago.
I call his name a few times and it on the third time did he snap out of his trance.
He turned around and started walking to the car.

So looks like asking him about football is out.
When Charlie gets to the car he starts searching his bag for something, he is hyperventilating and is panicking and can't seem to be able to get enough air in his lungs.

"Charlie what's wrong?" I ask panicking myself.

"Stacey call Hunter now!" He snaps and then lays down in the car.
I instantly try taking my phone of my bag, but of course, me being my usual clumsy self, I drop my bag and everything in it.

I find my phone and thank God it didn't break, I dial Hunter's number.

After a few seconds he picks up.

"Hey Stacey, what's wrong!" He sounds kinda shocked.

"It's Charlie, he can't breathe and he said I must call you!" I didn't even realize I was crying.

"Where are you guys?" Hunter asks and I can hear the panic in his voice, and I can also hear the door closing.

I tell him where we are and he says he'll be here in 5 minutes.

I need to do something, Charlie looks like he's dying, I start to hyperventilate myself.
Charlie isn't moving, maybe I should call 911.

After what felt like an eternity, I see Hunter's car. He runs to the car and when he sees Charlie his face goes pale.

He takes out what looked like a pump from his pocket and helps Charlie up.
Charlie inhales it and his breath seems to be slowing down.

"Charlie can you hear me?" He asks, and you can actually see him looking at Charlie like his own brother.
Charlie groans at Hunter's question.
Hunter instantly sighs in relief. And only after a few minutes did he notice me there.

"Stacey are you okay?" He asks.
And for some odd reason I burst into tears, Hunter is by my side in a second.
Hunter makes small circles on my back,and after a few minutes I calm down.

"Feeling better?" Hunter asks. I don't think I can actually form words for how I'm feeling right now, so I just nod.
Hunter then takes out his phone and messages someone, I bend down and pick up my stuff.

"I messaged Millie to come pick you up, I am most probably still going to be here for another hour until Charlie calms down." He bends down and helps me pick up my stuff.

When I look at Charlie, he seems to have fallen asleep.

After a few minutes of awkwardly looking at each other, Millie parks her car.

I get in the car and just stare out the window. Millie doesn't ask me anything and just drives home.
When we get home, I get out of the car and thank her.

"If you need to talk about anything Stacey, I'm here,and I know that what I did is unforgivable, but I promise you that every moment we spent together was really fun, and I really did enjoy being your friend." Millie seems genuine, I just smile and tell her I'll see her tomorrow in school.

My mom is already home and she is busy in the kitchen, when she sees me she instantly looks worried.

"Stacey what's wrong?" My mom  dries her hands and is by my side in a second.

"It's nothing mom." I say.
My mom can see right through me but doesn't push me at all.
I go upstairs and decide to take a shower to calm myself.

But of course that did not work, because at dinner, both my parents kept giving me weird looks and asking me if I'm fine and what happened at school.

After dinner, I tell my parents that I am not in the mood to watch a movie and go to my room.

And again, my emotions get the best of me and I burst out crying, a few weeks ago i would have given anything not to have Charlie by my side, but now, I can barely imagine my life without him, and today I thought I was going to lose him.

I decide to stay at home the next day, I feel horrible and my whole body is aching.
I message Charlie early in the morning to tell him not to pick me up. He didn't reply back after reading the message and I almost burst out crying again.

When I told my parents I'm not feeling well and asked if I could stay at home, both of them instantly looked worried and were most definitely not sure if they should leave me alone.

I wasn't in the mood to hear any arguments or anything else, so I just made my way to my room and fell asleep.

The smell of something delicious woke me up, the moment I got up, I started feeling dizzy and instantly sat back down.

I wait for a few more minutes and then go downstairs, it is 11, which means no one is supposed to be at home.

I get to the kitchen and see Hunter stirring something on the stove.

"Hunter!" I ask, and all of a sudden, my mind goes black and I start seeing white dots and butterflies.

                ×××××××××××××××××××××

Hey guys!

Who do you guys think Stacey will end up with, Hunter or Charlie?

Please do not forget to vote and comment

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

335 2 21
Evelyn was the shy girl in high school. She only had a few friends. She fell in love with the schools popular boy, who was also a jerk, but that didn...
He Hates Me, He Hates Me Not Από Nissy

Εφηβική Φαντασία

30.5K 689 21
Chelsea is known as the popular girl in Fells High School. She is smart and rich but has an attitude which some people dislike her. Chelsea's life be...
1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
Started as His Tutor Από KawaiiRilakxKuma

Εφηβική Φαντασία

652K 26K 37
Wendy has a plan for high school. Find a few friends, pass her classes, and graduate with no drama. It works out for her first two years of high scho...