The Stepbrothers And Me

By humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 14

157 14 0
By humyyussuf

Charlie's pov

I am getting worse every day, the only person who knows about this is my mom,and we plan on telling Kyle(Hunter's dad) and Hunter tonight, we found out about it 2 weeks ago,I couldn't get enough air at night and the next day my mom was worried so she took me for an appointment, and that's when we found out that I had lung cancer, my mom was devastated.

My mom didn't tell anyone else earlier because she was torn apart,she already lost the love of her life and now she was going to lose her son.

Only one more person knew about me, Jeremy, apparently when we had football practice the one day,he went through my bag and found my pills and pump and confronted me the next day, and he is now blackmailing me with Stacey, he knows I am head over heels for her, so he said that if I ever get in the way of him and Stacey, he will let the whole school know about my cancer.

You must be wondering, why on earth do I just not let him tell everyone, the answer is easy, the moment everyone finds out about it,they will start looking at me with pity,the same way everyone looked at me when my dad died.

The doctor said that my condition is getting worse and that I should start chemotherapy, and my mom agrees with him,but she wants to take me to new York, she knows a really famous doctor or something, I begged my mom to just let me stay here,I'm happy here,and going to new York, means leaving Stacey.

I am currently busy helping my mom with dinner,she insist on me going and getting some rest,but if the only thing I do is rest, I will probably get more depressed.

My mom made all my favourite dishes, and somehow I can't find the appetite to eat it, most of the time when I eat,the food tastes like garbage and I have to run to the bathroom to puke my guts out.

"What's the special occasion, we usually only have one dish,but today we have a whole buffet!" Kyle says breaking the silence, then his face goes all serious. "Did I forget something, is it someone's birthday?" Kyle starts to panic.

"No honey,it is no one's birthday!" My mom says trying to smile." I just have something to tell you!" My mom's face goes blank and filled with sadness.

When I look at Hunter, he is busy stabbing his food,like as if that thing smacked him or something. I wonder if he will feel anything after he finds out about me, I really do hope we can be closer, be friends.

"Honey you're scaring me,what's wrong?" Kyle asks worried.
My mom burst out crying and Kyle is by her side in a second.

"Charlie has been diagnosed with lung cancer!" My mom says between her sobs,and then she cries harder. "The doctor said that it is bad and that he needs to start chemotherapy!" Everyone looks shocked, when I look at Hunter, I can see guilt all over his face.

"Mom,I'm feeling kinda tired,I'm going upto my room!" I kiss my mom goodnight and run upstairs.
My mom has never looked that broken, I am so angry, why did this have to happen to me,what did I ever do(maybe it was that snail I killed when I was 7 years old,I swear, I never killed any thing in my whole life).
I need to take out my rage on something, I grab the nearest thing that just happened to be the lamp and throw at the mirror, the mirror shatters into pieces, I turn all my furniture upside down and wreck my whole room.

I collapse on the floor and burst out crying, I can't handle seeing my mom like that, she finally got her happiness back and now because of me, all that happiness will be drained from her again, and it's all my fault.

After a few minutes of me crying my emotions out, I hear my door opening, I don't bother seeing who it is, I just sit there and try to gather my emotions.

"I'm sorry!" Hunter says as he sits next to me on the floor."And I know that we never actually got along at all ever since we met, but I would really like to see if having you as a brother will change me to the better." Hunter sounds honest.

"And you can stay in my room,since it's identical to yours, yours is way to wrecked!" I say nothing and Hunter gets up and leaves.

After what feels like an hour,I get up and head to Hunter's room,and don't even bother changing, I just get inside the covers and hope that maybe this can be a really horrible nightmare and in reality I'm with Stacey and everything is perfect.

Before I fall asleep I feel the bed sink next to me,I know it's probably Kyle but I don't turn around.

"I am really sorry you are going through this Charlie, but there's still hope and we can go to new York, your mom said that there's a really famous doctor there and you might get better and then go to college!" Kyle's voice breaks, and I know that even though I am not his son, he still loves me.

When Kyle sees that I won't say anything he leaves.

I know that going to new York would be the best thing to do, but according to the doctor, even if I do chemotherapy, there's a very low possibility that I might make it.

I need to tell Stacey before she finds out from anyone else, and that anyone else would be Jeremy, and I really do hope she says no to him.

I open my phone and see billion of messages from Stacey, well I haven't been in school for the past week, she must be hating me right now.

So I decide to message her.

Hey! :C

I put my phone down, I highly doubt she'll be awake right now, and even if she is,I highly doubt she will want to talk to me.
After a few minutes my phone buzzes and it's a message from Stacey, I inside light up, maybe she isn't mad.

Hey, where the fluff have you been,I have been worried sick and Jeremy is literally eating my brains :S

I was feeling not so great for the past week :C

Are you feeling better, why didn't you tell me? :S

I am feeling much better and tomorrow I'll be picking you up :C

Thank God, I can not handle Jeremy, I still don't know who's worse,Hunter or Jeremy. :S

Honestly even I don't know who's worse :C

Why did you tell me you were going to a gathering instead of saying you were sick? :S

If I had said I was sick, you would get more worried and then not focus in your classes, and according to my knowledge, that is a nerd's worst nightmare. :C

You got a point there,but promise that the next time you get sick you will tell me. :S

I promise, and what are you doing up so late,it's already 2. :C

I had to go on a date with Jeremy :S

If that bastard did anything to her,I will rip his head off and throw it in a lake full of piranhas, on the other hand maybe I'll just throw his whole body.

What did you guys do? :C

He took me for a movie and then after that he took me bowling, I have to admit it was kinda fun,probably because I beat him in bowling. :S

I clench my jaw,if Stacey gets closer to Jeremy I will never be able to tell her how I feel.

We talk for another hour before we both start falling asleep.

The moment I close my eyes, I fall asleep, but apparently the universe hates me a lot, because my night is filled with nightmares of me dying, some of my dad dying, and the worst was the one where Stacey dies.

I wake up at 5,which means I only got 1 hour of asleep.

And I should probably go clean my room or something.

                    ×××××××××××××××××××

Hey guys!

So what do you guys think of this chapter, and Charlie's pov, and how Hunter is finally warming up to Charlie?

I don't know much about cancer, but I'll try my best. And please don't hate me for giving Charlie cancer.

Do not forget to vote and comment

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539 7 18
Mackenzie Hollistery's life is filled up with boys, school life and being with the popular girls. She was unpopular and when she changed schools she...
103K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
289K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...