8 Lives (Sequel to Shattered)

By Frojay

Bella and Edward live their lives to what they think is the end of danger, but more things arise. Everyone tr... More

8 Lives (Sequel to Shattered)
Chapter 2: Fate
Chapter 3: Pressured
Chapter 4: All Grown Up
Chapter 5: One Eye Open
Chapter 6: Flowers
Chapter 7: Charm
Chapter 8: Last Pleas
Chapter 9: Missing Person
Chapter 10: Lost Love
Chapter 11: 1M4R1N7
Chapter 12: Worth Fighting For
Chapter 13: Never Looking Back
Chapter 14: Bloodlust
Chapter 15: Torn
Chapter 16: Vacant Heart
Chapter 17: Mesmerized
Chapter 18: Square One
Chapter 19: A Puzzle
Chapter 20: Recreate
Chapter 21: Backstabbed
Chapter 23: Burning Desire
Chapter 24: Dark Dream to Life
Chapter 25: Clean Slate
Chapter 26: Setting Him Free
Chapter 27: Taking Another Turn
Chapter 28: Cullen Empire
Epilogue: A Wish
Bonus Epilogue: A Shining Star

Chapter 22: All Alone

1.7K 44 20
By Frojay

Hope you all enjoy!

*

*

*

*

8 Lives Chapter 22- All Alone

*

*

*

*

Edward's POV

I grumbled under my breath at the Denali's coming at the worst time. I knew they were family, but I would much rather spend time thinking of ways My Bella- if I am still in liberty to call her mine anymore- could remember her past.

"Edward, they are still family. If they wish to come we cannot refuse, no matter the situation." Carlisle spoke his thoughts as he realized that I was too preoccupied with my own to listen.

"With everything going on, I don't think we need more people invading our home. We still need to find out what happened to Bella, and with the Denali's coming it will only distract us." I spoke, keeping my attention focused on the expressions that surrounded me. I didn't give a care for their thoughts, only their expressions. I wanted to see what they felt without actually reading their thoughts.

"Edward we could ask them to help us, perhaps they know a way for her remembrance to come." Carlisle argued. Looking down at my black shoes, because I refused to look them in the eye, I realized that he was right. Somewhere in their frozen hearts they might help us. It's a chance that they are willing to take, and a chance that I have to be willing to take.

"When are they coming?" I replied defeatedly; only now realizing that I should have known never to go against Carlisle's decisions. There is always a great outcome from them, it seems my misery had taken into affect of my century of existence with him.

"They are coming in five minutes." Alice spoke from behind Carlisle, looking at me with sympathetic eyes. I felt as if I needed their sympathy, but at the same time I didn't. I didn't because it was my problems, my life, and I had to figure out what to do with everything. I don't always have to bring them down with me, but we are a family. If one goes down, we all go, though it seems if the bond is a mate between a mate then the whole pair is gone. One cannot love without the other by one's side, it is still a wonder how I am still holding up.

"Why so soon, Alice?" I shifted my feet and looked into her darkening eyes.

"They just want to visit us for a short while. There isn't a definite reason as to why they are coming, it still isn't clear yet." Alice smoothly replied as she searched into the future to see what it holds.

"They never do anything without an intention, an intention that we will soon find out." I stressed. Walking towards the glass window I kept my focus on the face that reflected. My face. The way creased lines on my forehead began to form. The way my eyes glistened with only pain, and somewhat determined.

Pushing my sorrowful thoughts away from my head, I focused on the thoughts that surrounded me and tried focusing on the thoughts that would soon join us. Looking over the river, four graceful figures jumped. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I turned on my heels to head towards the living room.

Once I landed on the second step, there was a light knock on the door. Their thoughts seemed contained, as if giving me only partially what they are thinking. Furrowing my eyebrows together, I focused harder. Moving my feet, I went towards the couch. Not the love seat because as of now I am the only one who is in love and Bella has no idea what the concept of love is.

"Oh, Edward! It's so nice to see you!" Tanya gushed. Her blond hair was curlier than usual, but her possessiveness for me never changed. It says stayed at the same place because it was something that she couldn't give up on.

She wasted her time on mortal men that admired her beauty too much for their own good. She pushed images into her mind of how they did not satisfy her. She also pictured in her mind a little fantasy of hers that made me wish I was capable of barfing up the blood from my last feed.

In her mind we were tangled in bed sheets. Tangled in the way that only Bella and I used to be. Our bodies as one, no longer two. I shuddered lightly in a way for her not to take much notice of. Her hands dug into my back as she gave me her signature smile. Behind that signature smile she was thinking of me. My body. Pressed up against hers in every part of her. Her eyes raked my body with a lustful thoughts, and then they settled onto my darkened eyes that resembled the night all too well.

"Pleasure to see you as well, Tanya." A broken smile cracked on my face as I tried to push her away gently. She pried her nails off of me, but I saw she was waiting. Waiting until I hugged her sister Kate, Eleazar and Carmen. Once I finished, she had a look of admiration. Much different from the way the mortal men looked at her. Her gaze was lustful and a tad bit determined. Stepping away from her arms that were outstretched towards me, I gave Eleazar and Carmen what I hoped looked like a warm smile.

"It is always a pleasure having you all in our home," Carlisle spoke. Clearing up the silence that engulfed us all.

"We hope we are not bothering you. We simply come to say hello. There is no trouble in that," Eleazar shrugged.

Looking into their thoughts they seemed only to say hello to us all. But something about this visit seemed planned, and that there was a more reason for them coming. Perhaps it is mind playing tricks on me, depression never did well to me. Threading my fingers through my bronze hair, I pushed the negative thoughts away.

"Of course there is no trouble in that," Carlisle smiled. "But it seems we have trouble at our end."

"What type of trouble?" Eleazar asked automatically thinking that it had to deal with the Volturi.

"Is it possible for a vampire to have memory loss?" Carlisle pressed lightly on the subject. Mainly for my own benefit. If I heard the mention of why we were talking of this problem I may actually crumble onto the ground as fast as raindrops fall from the sky and meet the ground.

"Not that I have heard of, why?" Eleazar questioned. His brow creased in confusion. Looking towards me, he began to open his lips to form a question. But even through my sorrow filled mind, I already know what he was about to ask.

"Bella, she lost her memory." I fisted my bronze hair with my fingers and sighed through my mouth.

"Oh Edward, I wish I knew, but there was never a case like this. It is rather unheard of." Eleazar expressed his sympathy, while I turned away from him. I didn't want the pity, I didn't need it. But at the same time I did need it. I needed it because it is going to be the only thing to keep me sane. Their pity is meaningless, but there is a part of me that is grateful for it. Grateful that they care enough to give me their pity.

"Do you have any options? Anything that might help?" I said through clenched teeth. Frustration built into me as bricks do to make a stable house. The weight was something inside of me, not something that can be seen physically. It only tore me apart emotionally- soon it will take over my body physically.

I let out a disgruntled sigh and began to let my mind think on its own accord for a possible way to gain her memory.

"Edward, I don't see anything about her memory coming back to her." Alice saddened. She missed Bella almost as much as I did.

"Do I have any options," I breathed, not sure if it were meant to be said aloud or just to be said to myself. "There is nothing I can do." I sighed in defeat. Bella was lost from me forever.

"That's not true Edward, why don't we try to recreate her memories." Alice offered. Before I could respond, their was footsteps thudding down the stairs. I turned my head and saw Renessmee. I flinched. I couldn't look at her after I had slapped her. Never in my life would I have thought of harming my only child. I hung my head in shame.

"Renessmee, dear, is something wrong?" Esme called out to her. She shuffled her feet towards the landing near Renessmee, but Renessmee refused to even glance at her. This is all my fault- if I had not harmed her she would be speaking and looking at everyone with grace.

"I came downstairs to announce something." Her bitterness made me flinch. The way each word left her mouth had me thinking if it were my daughter at all. My daughter was always kind and compassionate, now she is far from being those two.

Joseph came stumbling down the stairs with a pained expression. He seemed to be walking fine and his breathing was slightly normal. Carlisle assured that only rest is the key to his health to be regained completely, but if Carlisle said that then why is he standing here?

Searching through his thoughts, I felt my mouth drop open. Before I can even comprehend what was going on to tell my family, Renessmee beat me to it.

"The wedding is off."

She spoke clearly, and it is then that I searched into her mind to see what caused them to break their engagement.

"Renessmee, if I may ask, why did you break the engagement?" Esme asked. She was truly concerned about her making the wrong decision, and she only wished to see her granddaughter happy. Renessmee huffed a breath out before she began to explain.

"We didn't see eye to eye in the situation with Bella," she said her name with such disgust that I felt my right hand twitch. "He believes that she has nothing to do with his injuries, while I think that she is the only one to blame." Renessmee concluded. I felt my teeth clench, and fought the urge to growl.

"And so I do not wish to stay with this family any longer. I wondered if it were to be alright if I could tag along with the Denali's back home in Alaska." I felt my right hand clench and the lines on my forehead crease together.

"Absolutely not. You are not allowed to go with the Denali's to their home in Alaska." Each word that left my mouth was coated with poison, my venom, that I wanted to sink into her.

How dare she even think it would be alright for her to go along with the Denali's when everything is falling apart. I have already lost my wife to something of the unknown, and as much as I hate the fact that she accused her as the cause of everything, I still needed her here. She is apart of Bella and I. Something we made together. Just Renessmee's presence reminded me of My Bella. And it is only that reminder that will keep me going. That reminder that will bring me up from my darkest hours. That reminder that will keep me whole for the time being.

"You may be my father, but I don't think I would like to stay in a house full of people that claim Bella to be innocent." She spat her reply at me. My eyes narrowed, and before I did the unthinkable, Carlisle rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Son, let her go. If you don't let her do as she pleases now, you will lose her too far for you to her back." Sighing, I knew that this was a battle that I was not going to win.

"You may go do as you please." I muttered. I turned around on my heels and sped up the stairs. Once arriving to my room I stood by the window. Looking down, I saw my daughter and the Denali coven, all except for Tanya, leaping over the lake. Tanya explained that she wanted to spend some time with us, but I could care less. They didn't turn back, and I watched as my daughter left me.

Thudding my head against the glass, I felt a sob rip through me. Sliding to the floor, I buried my face into my hands.

The only way for me to feel as if I belong in this world would have to be seeing My Bella's face. Even if there is no affection in her eyes, she is still there. Standing to my feet, I stared out the window. Pushing it open, I jumped into the open space and made my way to My Bella's house. Even though she gave me her wedding ring back, she is still mine. Well to me at least, she just doesn't know it yet.

Looking towards the light in her house, I swung myself on branches. Climbing the tree nearest to her window, I leaned forward. Just as I moved my head up to see her angelic face, she turned her back to me on her bed.

It seems everyone is turning their back to me. No body wants me anymore.

Except for Tanya. She is the only one that loved me since the beginning of time, but I denied her love long ago.

Maybe it was time I gave in. Bella left me because she doesn't remember me, and Renessmee left because she believed her mother was the cause of all problems.

Just as I slid down the tree, unwillingly, I cleared my head as much as I could. It is then that I smelled something. Something that was already long gone. Something that made me scrunch my nose up in disgust. Inhaling once more, it confirmed my suspicions.

That wet dog stench was back.

Inhaling once more, I knew whose stench that belonged to.

Jacob Black.

A/N: The reason I didn't upload was because of the glitches and I didn't want to post it when all my fans wouldn't be able to read it :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 116 17
This is a Sequel to (you and me forever). Now aliens have Invaded seabrook scaring everyone.
3.3M 191K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
314 52 22
This might have a few twists, maybe a few turns, maybe some flash backs, everyone is there to. the Cullens are there, the Uley pack of course is th...
9.8K 429 25
May 22nd Today is my birthday. I received this diary as a gift from Katniss. To be honest though, I don't really know what to do. Do I tell the day...