Chapter 13: Never Looking Back

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoy :) and comment, I would like to know what you guys think so far :)

*

*

*

*

8 Lives Chapter 13- Never Looking Back

*

*

*

*

Renessmee's Pov

I glowered, through my tear stricken eyes, at the blonde who has her arms possessively over my fiancé. Come to think of it, it may be another ex- fiancé. The nerve he has to even bring her in my presence. Bring the woman he cheats on as if to show off what I am not. She has the figure of a model, how can I even compete with that? It is as if saying Rosalie and I shall compete for beauty. She is a full vampire, and I am a hybrid with a morbid scent. Her scent was, as much as I despised to even think of, luscious and overwhelming. She thread her fingers through his blonde hair making me want to bite each and every one of her fingers off.

That is my hair to thread my fingers through to make me feel at ease. I needed him more than ever to stand beside me, but it seems he has another to keep him company. I will be forever envious when their wedding day comes. I mean, by the way they were together had me believing that he had already popped the question. Joseph probably asked for her hand in an even more romantic way then he did with me.

Why is he here anyway? To tell me that he is leaving my sorry behind for the model on his right. As much as I would like nothing more than to punch the blonde square in the mouth, there was a little part of me that was happy that he even cared for my well being.

" Aimee, do you mind giving us a minute." His voice still melted me in the inside, but on the outside I was as strong as a bull. I will not let him see me as a weak link.

This is probably how Jacob felt when my mother told him she did not love him. She didn't love him and could never in a million years love a man as much as she loved my father. The emotions that Jacob must have felt must have been reject, remorse and pain; all that I feel at this very moment. The love that we had is disseminated, and there was no way to put the puzzle back together. We are a broken hope, and this time hope doesn't come to whisper in my ear to give it another try.

I am through with getting my heart played with. First time with Jacob who was in love with my mother all along and faked he imprinted on me, and now with Joseph who fell in love with the blonde bimbo while I was out getting hit by a car.

" Do you want me to wait for you outside?" She purred in his ear making me internally gag at how she was acting. She already has the man, no need to shove it in my face. I mean if she wants to put him out in the open, I wouldn't mind giving her a few punches to the face, giving her a run for her money. He was my man first, so I still have my claim. I have his great grandmothers ring as proof; time for her to leave before I speak my thoughts.

" Sure." He shakily let out a breath of relief as she left. My mother soon left as she took it her cue to leave. We stood in abrupt silence, but it was not the comfortable silence I was used to when with him. Usually words are not needed for us to feel relaxed, but words are now needed because the silence was becoming too much to bear. The hurt and regret was coming back to me and threatened to overtake me. How much can I take before I fall apart? How many stabs to the heart will they think is enough?

" How are you Renessmee?" He walked closed to me as he whispered into the silence. His hand touched my cheek, and as much as I wanted to shove it away and demand for juicy answers, I couldn't. I couldn't because his touch was enough to make me forget my worries. Make me forget that I should be in a river filled with my tears. His touch made me wish that all this was a dream; though reality throws all it wants, making the person in the middle of the horrid acts done wish it were a dream that one needed to wake from.

Though this is not a dream, nor will it ever be. My heart is broken, and even though I put on a smile on my face, I am just creating a facade. I make myself believe that everything is the way it used to be, and soon that is the only thing I pledge myself to know. But, I cannot escape any longer. Though, I still had to make Joseph believe that I was fine with betrayal, even when I wanted to crouch on the ground writhing in pain.

" I'm fine." I choked out as I wiped a stray tear on my cheek. How much longer do I have to keep pretending? His forest green eyes softened at the tears that slid down my face. Though his expression hardened thinking of the cause. He thinks that these tears are from the pain I felt when the black car hit me; though he does not realize how wrong he is, the pain that causes me to cry is from what he has done to me.

" How did this happen?" He carcassed my cheek as he led me to sit on the bed. If I knew the answer I wouldn't be asking myself if it were something I did to make him drift away from me. His strong arms swarmed around me as sobs ripped through me. I never want to leave this warmth, but soon the time will come when I will have to let go.

Though it came to realization that I did not know incident he was referring to. How he ended up cheating on me or how I got hit by a car and almost died. I had the same response for both.

" I don't know." He stroked my hair and rested the tip of his nose on the top. I am going to miss his eyes that melt me at every step I take, his arms that secure me away from danger. When his arms are not around me I am an open target. When his arms leave me I will not turn back. This is a chapter of my life that I will not look back on. Once I complete a chapter in my life I never look back at what could have happened; it isn't healthy to make myself suffer at what mistakes I have done. By what things made him drift further away from me. What life we could have had if I didn't mess with fate.

I will leave my past behind me and look ahead with my chin held high proud that I made it this far in my life.

" Everything is going to work out in the end." He murmured, but I didn't know if it was more to himself or if it were meant for me to hear. Either way I knew that what he was saying was impossible. Nothing was ever going to be alright, not in this era where danger is everywhere we look. Life will throw everything at us, and sometimes the things it throws are much too great for us to handle.

" How could everything be okay?" I cried as I leaned away from his warmth. I will have to get used to not having his arms wrapped around me. All I wanted was to snuggle into him, but I must stay strong. His warmth will always be something I crave, though it is time for me to let go.

" What do you mean?" Confusion was well in his voice, which sickened me. He knows what actions he did, yet he wishes for me to say them aloud. It hurts to even know what he did, but now he wants me to say aloud what his faults are.

" Who is the blonde that had her arm snaked around you like you two were engaged and not us?" I whimpered as I swiped the back of my hand across my cheek. I have no volition to go forward if he does not give me a straight answer.

" She is my-" He was cut off by my father opening the door with a lost expression. His face mirrored pain, what has caused him such grief? I am alright, well as alright as I can be under the circumstances. His lips quavered, and I waited for words to come through his lips.

" Daddy what happened?" I was not the cause of the pain he felt, but I felt something in the pit of my brain that told me I was somehow the cause.

" It's your mother." He sped out of the room to be with my mother. What has happened to her? She seemed fine a few minutes ago. My heart churned forward as I thought of the message on the mirror. She was not meant to know. It was meant to stay a secret, but she found out what has scared me to no end, and now she is paying the price instead of myself.

She doesn't deserve this.

I knew I should have done something to erase the message, but what is done is done, and there is no turning back. No rewind button to reverse the past occurrences.

" Cousin." Joseph completed.