Chapter 9: Missing Person

Hey there guys! Hope you all enjoy this chapter :)

8 Lives Chapter 9- Missing Person 

*

Bella's Pov

My eyes widened at the charm resting by my bedside. My hand moved robotically to the charm bracelet and I pinched it between my fingertips. My eyes stared at the wolf engraved on the metal, and I could feel fear coming to take over me as a whole.

But I will not let this fear override my life.

Not again. I was raised as put through life's games, and I do not think I am ready for one of its battles.

My golden orbs stared at the the wolf, mesmerizing it; something I did numerous amount of times as a mortal. Though instead of looking at in admiration I stared it in disgust as well as curiosity, though it was not a good type of curiosity.

I know for a fact that I burned this to ashes. The way it fit perfectly on the ground brought a bittersweet smile to my face.I remember the day as if it were yesterday rather than months before.

*

My sharp eyes as it skimmed my surroundings as I rest in a crouch in the middle of the forest. Edward went some other direction to catch his favorite, a mountain lion. The way he ran had me staring in awe, though I had to get rid of this charm, I no longer longed for Jacob's warm touch.

I was no longer going to be his friend after what happened; he was my past and Edward was my present. How I managed to convince myself that I was in love with both at the time is beyond me. I rested the charm on the palm of my hand, before picking up the lighter that rested in my jeans pocket.

The wolf is our enemy, and as of right now so was my friend. He seemed bitter when I was around and I don't seem to have any liking to that. I stared at the lighter that rested at my finger tips, and breathed and unnecessary breath in and out before clicking the lighter on.

I watched as the liquid turned into a breathtaking fiery red. The corners of my lips turned into a satisfied grin. The tip of the flame touched the charm, and it devoured the metal until it was thoroughly nothing, but crispy ashes. The rest of the charm was a dying flame as it did the rest of the job by taking it away from where it holds.

I remember the day I wanted to take the bracelet off, but Edward's cool arms stopped me from doing so. He claimed that it was a part of me now, it was apart of my unforgotten past. It was with me through it all, and he believed that it was a token that needed to be kept. As usual he had me under his spell, and there was no arguing.

His warm eyes were enough to silence me from a rant that was long granted. He could stop me from about anything; his soothing tones had me relaxed in his embrace. Most of the times the feeling of comfort in his arms is enough, and no words are needed to be said; the silence was not awkward, but peaceful.