Memory of the Past Future (Ne...

By Omniknight11

Sabre and Rainbow had defeated Memory though not before he told Rainbow that his memories could only come bac... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Side Chapter 1
Side Chapter 2
Side Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Side Chapter 4
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Side Chapter 5
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Side Chapter 6
Thank You/Q&A

Chapter 8

340 10 7
By Omniknight11

A/N: I'm doing a time skip -which rarely happens- so Plague is at Nightmare's castle and Dark came out of the portal. 

I'm going to refer to some OCs that were in 'Memory of Future' becasue why not, also to explain a bit more of their background. Thank you all who allowed me to put them in my books!

--------------------------------------------------

Plague was about to open the door to the Nightmare King's castle when he felt a presence behind him. Knowing that it could not be Dark since he probably just exits the portal; Plague took out his slime ball ready to attack. He turned around as he threw the slime ball only to be stopped by a hand gripping his wrist. Seeing who it was, Plague quickly realized his mistake and started to sweat as fear covered his face.

"Umm. Hey Dark. What's up?" Plague laughed nervously. If looks could kill, he'll be in the Nether with Herobrine right now.

"You better be glad that you are holding Lucas and that I don't want neither of them to wake up to see me beating you to a pulp until you are close to death" Dark growled.

Knowing Dark for a reasonable amount of time, Plague knew that he does not deliver empty threats. Well he used to know Dark as a Steve who would laugh and was kind to everyone he met. That all changed, both him and his sanity started to disappear at the loss of his brother. Then it got worse when he lost Blue. About every Steve knows that Dark reaching his breaking point and Sabre being the last string to his sanity; if Sabre goes, the last of Dark goes.

Plague look down at Lucas, when he lost Green, he went mad, but he still had his sanity in place, "Sorry Dark"

Dark just grumbled.

"How did you get here so fast?"

"It's the one power all of us Steves share" Plague instantly face palmed.

"Teleportation" Dark rolled his eyes, but a small smile made an appearance on his face before it quickly went away. Though not before Plague saw it, 'He's changing little by little, hopefully we'll get the, well close to, old Dark'

(Note: Purple Steves can teleport more than any other Steve and won't get as tired)

Dark knock on the castle door rapidly, he wanted to get the two inside as soon as possible since he knew that they need to eat something and need to change clothes as soon as possible: Sabre's chicken suit cannot be salvage because of the blood stains and rips that are everywhere; as for Lucas his vest is torn up so are his shorts, his hat is safe since Plague took it off for him.

The door opens eventually open only to reveal someone that they were not expecting.

"Oh, hey guys" Rainbow said cheerfully.

"Oh, hey Rainbow, where's Nightmare?" Plague ask looking for the older Steve.

"Nightmare went to get a room ready for Sabre and Lucas. It's on the second floor third door to the left." Rainbow opened the door wider to let the two pairs in before he closed it.

Plague said thank you then he and Dark headed upstairs to put the two humans on something other than their arms and on something soft. They came to the door right when Nightmare opened it; he told them to lay them done then come downstairs and informed them that someone will clean them up and patch up their wounds. Entering the room, it was obvious which bed was for each human: Dark place Sabre on the green and white bed while Plague put Lucas on the red and white bed.

They left the room and headed downstairs where Rainbow and Nightmare waited for them.

"What's going to happen now Nightmare?" Dark asked.

"Dark, Rainbow knows about you being my son now" Nightmare hinted. 

The only reason he told Rainbow was so Dark could call him dad again. Dark didn't like to call him dad so freely for safety reasons and events that took place a while back..

Dark rolled his eyes and huffed, "Fine, what's going to happen now dad"

He seemed to be irritated, but if you look hard enough, the Steve's lips were trying not to curve a bit.

"Now we wait for them to get up and try to explain everything without them going off the deep end." Nightmare wanted to smile, it's been some time since Dark freely called him dad.

"When don't they go off the deep end?" Everyone look over to Rainbow who was thinking about Plague's question.

"They can be reasonably calm in a non-pressure situation, but it depends on the amount of information and who is there. So, they will freak out" Rainbow said with a shrug. The amount of time he spent with the two, he found their reaction to things funny at times.

"Well for the time being, how about you tell us about what happen, how about after you 'destroyed' Dark" Plague suggested, "It's a good place to start anyways since I don't know what even happened before that"

"Alright, after we destroyed Dark. Oh, wait sorry about that Dark"

"It's no problem, you guys thought I was evil and that was the role I played as so I deserved it" Dark shrugged. He couldn't really say anything, it was somewhat his choice.

"Alright, well after we destroyed Dark"

---------------------------------------------------------

(In the room with Sabre and Lucas)

"Lucas, come on Lucas wake up" Lucas groaned, "Come on Lucas wake up"

"No, I want to sleep" Lucas said as he buried his head into the pillow.

"Wake up Lucas!" Sabre shouted causing Lucas to fall out of bed.

(If anyone can get the reference you get a cookie)

"Ow. Sabre why did you do that!"

"Well sorry. It's not like I woke up in a bed when the last thing I remember is Dark grabbing me when Rainbow blasted a FIREBALL at us when he does not have any powers. And that we are in an unknown location in different clothes, Rainbow is nowhere in sight and in a location that I never seen before." Sabre huffed.

Lucas raised an eyebrow, "Better?"

"Yes" Sabre signed. 

Lucas got off the floor and inspected both him and Sabre to see that they are wearing in different clothing. He was wearing a red and black jacket and blue pants. Sabre had the same thing, but instead of red and black it was green and white, and he has black pants.

"How did we get into these clothes?" Lucas asked tugging on his jacket.

"I guess the people who brought us here" Sabre said then look around the room that consists of a dresser, a good size closet, two beds that had both males' signature colors, a couch and a TV. The walls are painted baby blue and the carpet is a tannish color. Two doors, one leading out and one that leads probably to a bathroom or something, "Lucas, I feel like I've been here before, not in this room, just in this place"

"Yeah, I have that same feeling" Lucas went to one of the doors to find it did lead to a bathroom.

When Lucas turned to tell Sabre, he felt his side flare up in pain and whimpering which caused the brunet to react immediately. Sabre brought Lucas into the bathroom and help him sit on the toilet set before pulling up his shirt to see it was wrapped up.

 "This must have been from Rift" 

Both boys shuttered remembering what that man did, well for Sabre it was both him and Cliff as Lucas hasn't met the latter yet. Gently, Sabre removed the bandages that had more dried up blood as he unravel each layer. Finally, the bandages were removed to reveal three nail indentation surrounded by bruises and blood.

Hearing Sabre gasp, Lucas look down to see what shock Sabre to be shock himself, "I didn't think it would be this bad"

The two study Lucas' wounds before Sabre got up to search for a first aid kit to patch up the blonde. Meanwhile, Lucas remember seeing Sabre's shoulder stained with blood.

"What about you Sabre? You're onesie was stained with blood" The blonde asked when Sabre walk back with a first aid.

Putting the kit down, Sabre took off his clothes, "Right I forgot, to be honest I haven't felt any pain since I got it"

 With the help from Lucas, they took off the bandages around his shoulder to see that there were four nail indentations in front and one in the back, it was surrounded by bruises

 "How does it look?"

"Just as bad as mine, but it looks a bit worse" Sabre put his hand on it to feel it. That's when it happened.

Sabre felt the area where his injury was, he should have felt a stinging pain, but he didn't. Instead he felt a cool sensation then he heard Lucas gasp.

"What's wrong?"

"S-Sabre l-look in the m-mirror" Lucas stuttered. Sabre did as he said and seen what Lucas meant.

"I-it's gone! What the-?"

"How is that even possible? We don't heal that fast, even with a health potion" Lucas said then remembered something,  "Hang on, didn't Nightmare say something about you being the reincarnation of Blue or something?"

"He did and according to everything I seen, Blue Steves are the best at healing" Sabre look at Lucas' wound then to his hand back to Lucas, "Should we test it?"

Lucas nodded and lifted his shirt up to reveal his wound where Sabre gently put his hand on the blonde's side and noticed that there was a faint blue light. Taking his hand off, both humans could not believe that Lucas's wound is gone

"I guess when a human has a Steve's power it influences humans. Just like a Steve's power influences another Steve" Sabre concluded, "Nightmare said that you were a Steve named Green, I wonder what's a Green Steve's power is"

"Defense maybe" Lucas suggested, "Blue Steves heal; Red Steves are more on the offense approach; Yellow Steves are fast; Purple Steves are able to teleport more than any of them"

(They don't know about Professor Red so don't say anything)

Sabre nodded then look around the bathroom, "What do we do now?"

"Well, can you explain what happened with you and Rainbow? Also where is your bandanna?"

For the first time, Sabre realized that lost of his bandanna and ran back into the room to look for it with Lucas behind him. Sabre had hope it was here, but then remembered he had dropped it in the cove where he first meet Cliff. The brunet sat on his bed, signing in defeat and Lucas came over to ask what was wrong.

"I left it in the cave where Rainbow and I were in" Sabre ran his hands thru his hair, "Maybe I should explain since we're on topic"

The blonde rubbed his cousin's back as he told what happened

"We were fighting Memory, about to finish him off when he told us how to recover Rainbow's memory. He said the only thing from Rainbow's past are hidden by my bandanna, apparently Blue had the same eye color as me or something. After that, Memory disappeared. But, Lucas, he knew about my past, our past"

Lucas' eyes widen, no one knew their past besides each other and the others, "H-How?"

"He told us he can look through other people memories" Sabre said, "kind of makes sense in my opinion since he can take them"

"Agree with you on that"

"Anyways, Rainbow and I then went into a cave for the night, Rainbow really wanted to see my eyes to remember his past; I was afraid, but I showed him. Then that guy, Cliff appeared while Rainbow was in memory land and held a sword to my neck. When Rainbow came back to his senses, Cliff told us that he will have me.... again. I don't understand at all. He then grabbed my shoulder hard enough me scream causing Rainbow to remember who the person in. Rainbow shot an arrow into Cliff's shoulder causing him to release me"

Subconsciously, Sabre rubbed his shoulder, "That's pretty much it. What happened to you? You were being carried by Plague, unconscious may I add plus I did warn you about him" 

Lucas let out a half hearted laugh, "Yeah, kind of forgot about that but he kept me company for a bit after you guys left to fight Memory in a big rush." Lucas gave Sabre a knowing look while the other gave him a sheepish one.

"Sorry about that, we were not expecting you to come back any time soon. I still have a lot to explain too"

"It's okay Sabre" The blonde patted the brunet's shoulder, "Anyways, that Rift guy came, well he threw an axe at us, but didn't hurt us. That guy grabbed me and took of this *points to the new bandage on his cheek* off to see that mark on my face. He said how he finally found me and such, can't really remember. Thankfully, Plague saved me, then there was a flash of purple and that was it; the rest I passed out for. 

"I wonder why they are after us" Sabre said.

"I have no clue" Lucas signs, "I am curious though, how does it feel like without you bandanna?"

"To be honest everything is a lot brighter without my bandanna" Sabre said, "Wish I had it"

"I had a spare in my jacket, but I have no idea where it is"

"Speaking of missing items, where it your hat?"

Lucas felt the top of his head, "Must have fallen off after meeting Rift"

"Wasn't that the one Aunty Rouge got you?"

"Yeah"

Sabre chuckle, "Aunty isn't going to like that"

The blonde lightly hit the other's shoulder, "Yeah, yeah, now can you tell me what happened after I left?"

"Sure"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 134 10
"... The Chromatics aren't who they say they are, Sabre..." One of the villains, Nightmare Steve told the frightened, yet on guard, non-Steve. "Sabre...
57.2K 2.8K 74
You already know the plot if you have read the original book, but I am not taking it down so people can read it... for those who want to keep going a...
13.9K 473 30
Sabre, Lucas, and Rainbow Steve have just defeated Chaos Steve and saved Light Steve. They are hoping for some quiet time, but unfortunately Dark Ste...
5.4K 273 18
Light and Dark. Opposite of one another. A lost Hero soul, left in two. Light Sabre and... Shadow Sabre. Shadow Sabre took control over Sabre, wh...