๐๐„๐•๐„๐‘ ๐€๐†๐€๐ˆ๐ || remu...

De cocacolette

one can only believe in others once they start believing in themselves. - "๐™๐™ฃ๐™™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ž๐™œ๐™... Mais

NEVER AGAIN
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER SIX

54 6 19
De cocacolette

"i will never be able to function normally again"

GRYFFINDOR WERE KNOWN for the wildness of their parties. And their reputation wasn't bullshit.

Isla couldn't even remember how she had been able to drink that much in such a short time. Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees started playing, and suddenly she was dancing.

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk

Isla was swaying her hips to the rhythm, when suddenly she spotted a familiar head, higher than all the others.

"JOHNNY BOY!" she shouted and the sandy haired head turned around, a happy and slightly dazed grin painted on his face.

They met in the middle of the crowd, both realizing the other was drunk.

"Dannnit Moony, if you're drunk then we ARE FUCKED WOOO" she shouted trying to cover the noise, and Remus broke into laughter.

You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'

They both lost track of time, the alcohol making their heads buzz nicely. They were holding both their hands and dancing stupidly. Isla couldn't help herself but to sing all the lyrics, which made Remus laugh even more.

Life goin' nowhere, somebody help me
Somebody help me, yeah

"Life goin' nowhere, somebody help me
Somebody help me, yeAAAAAAAH" the entire crowd screamed, jumping up and down.

After the song, the pair retrieved from the mass, going for drinks.

"You know what's be fun right now? Euphoria Draught." Isla said as she poured herself a glass of red currant rum.

"That's basically cocaine, love." the boy replied, taking the bottle from her hands and pouring it in his own glass.

"What's that?" she asked, guessing it was some Muggle thing.

"It's a Muggle drug, raging these days, it basically gives you a lot of energy I think. But it's really bad." he tried to explain.

"Oh yeah I heard about it. Although I think it's more similar to psychedelics. You have to try it it's loads of fun." she took a sip of her drink without breaking eye contact.

"Will do." he piped as he took a sip from his cup.

Soon they were joined by Lily and Mary, who looked exhausted, but having fun.

"Oh my, Jules..." they glanced her up and down making the girl feel uncomfortable. "It's so unfair..." Lily shook her head, clearly, having two drunk nights in a row wasn't a good idea. "Goodnight guys. Mmmm I love youuu" she hugged Isla and then Remus, who chuckled lightly.

His voice sounded lower than usual, probably from the alcohol, the screaming and the cigarettes she had seen him smocking.

Thinking about it, she lit one up and gave it to him before lighting another one for her.

"Thanks." he said to her, watching the crowd.

He looked handsome. That was the word Isla was looking for. But what the heck? He was just her friend, nothing more, friends can think they're handsome right?

His slender finger twirled around his cigarette, which he brung to his chapped and pinkish lips, in a smooth gesture that made the knot in her stomach flutter. His jaw was slightly clenched, in the same way as hers when she was analyzing her surroundings.

Suddenly Sirius appeared out of nowhere, jumping like a mad man.

They hadn't spoke about their little disagreement, and were back to normal.

"ISLA" he screamed and the girl forgot completely about their small fight jumping his opened arms. "COME ON DANCE"

And as he said that, the first chords of Killer Queen started, sending the two of them ballistics.

"She keeps her Moet et Chandon In her pretty cabinet 'Let them eat cake', she says Just like Marie Antoine" they were screaming the lyrics and shaking their heads.

"Hey Siri! I was just telling Moons... It would be so cool to have Euphoria Draught right now..." she felt her head spin, in a good way, and Sirius beamed.

"OH MY GOD YES"

And that was the second mistake Isla made that night.

The thing was, with Sirius, that he took any wild remark pretty seriously, even more so when he was drunk.

Hysteria. That's what it was. Not euphoria, complete, utter, chaotic hysteria. They had found a vial from one of the Prewett twins, and decided to share it al together.

Remus had taken a drop, as James and Peter, while Sirius and Isla took two. Sasha and Marlene took a little as well, and soon they were all jumping around together, blissful of their surroundings.

Remus was the less affected, his lycanthropy made it hard for him to really be drunk or under the influence, so he ended up taking two more drops, and joined all his friends into screaming every lyric to every Queen song they put on.

That was Sirius's moment, everybody knew it was his favorite band. But since it was him who was in charge of the music, Isla of course, got her way.

And soon, 'Boys don't cry' by The Cure was echoing through the common room.

"Cover it all up with lies, I tried to laugh about it HIDING THE TEARS IN MY EYES"

Everything was blurry, and all the colors were brighter than usual. The light made weird shapes that caught their eyes, it was magnificent.

Sasha and Marlene had their faces inch close looking at each other as if they weren't there, giggling.

ABBA came on at some point, none of them remembered it clearly, just a vague memory of Sirius dancing on a table, shirtless, as the crowd hyped him up.

Isla had a weird reminiscence of standing up there with him at some point. She would later found out they had created an entire choreography on 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!'.

Suddenly, the entire common room had listened to the first chords of 'We Are the Champions' by Queen. And they all started screaming the lyrics, and most of them cried their hearts out. Then 'Imagine' had followed, and the same drill had happened.

None of them would remember that part of the party the next morning, yet it was probably the most important one.

Isla had ended up snogging a few people, she had no idea who, probably complete strangers.

Oh and there was a picture of Isla, Remus, Sirius and James strolling on the tables to 'Dancing Queen', having what seemed like an overdramatic dance battle.

Their pupils were so dilated their irises were invisible, and they all had some hallucination or misperception of reality. When 'Bohemian Rhapsody' (of course it did, multiple times) hit the dance floor, they all lost contact to reality.

Everything seemed like if it was floating, time had no meaning, colours were not at the right places, shapes were unshaping and reshaping badly. Isla felt like a bubble, like a tiny and round bubble, flying around in the world.

-

The next morning was probably the worst thing Isla had ever experienced in her entire life. Or any of her friends really.

She woke up in Remus's bed, again, sprawled out. He was also in bed, right under her, shirtless. She was wearing a shirt but no pants, and her head was resting on the boy's chest, their legs were unwillingly tangled together.
They had obviously crashed without thinking.

Isla opened her eyes slowly, she didn't have a headache, but the light struck her weirdly. She still felt disconnected, as if everything was paused. The eerie silence and light were unsettling.

Snuggling back into Remus, she tried to fall back asleep. He was still fast asleep, but unconsciously, he closed his arms around her.

Isla was drifting off but managed to smile softly and fall back into a completely abstract dream, mainly composed of shapes and lights.

-

"Dear God. Please, kill me now." Marlene said, head resting on the table, a fuming cup of coffee in front of her.

"I will never be able to function normally again." Sirius groaned, his eyes widely opened, darting around weirdly.

Isla was in a weird state of sleepless dream. It felt as if she was asleep but she wasn't. It was frightening. She felt as if no one around could hear her, even if she was silent. She was gripping Remus's hand, who seemed to have perfectly recovered, that cocky bastard.

Isla had not left Lupin's side from the moment they had woken up. She had barely said a word, and Remus hadn't said anything, gladly taking her hand to reassure her. She needed to feel attached to reality, and he could sense her dissociating. Whenever it happend he pressed her hand lightly, and she would slip out of her daze.

No one questioned anything that Sunday, and neither of them had to say it to know the prank they had planned was going to be moved to another night.

"There is no way I'm going to class tomorrow." James said with a broken voice.

"Don't speak about misfortune I swear to Merlin, or I will drown myself in the Black Lake" Marlene said.

They were all fairly quiet, staring at their mugs and zoning out unconsciously.

"How much did you guys drink to be in such a state?" Lily asked unconsciously glaring suspiciously at them.

The guilty group all glanced at each other and Remus cleared his throat lightly.

"So much rum." Marlene said, and they all nodded.

Lily sent them a weird look.

"Okay.... What the hell is going on here?" her stern voice made them glance again at each other, terror filling their eyes. "Will someone explain or do I have to start threatening you?"

Isla had a loopsided grin and her eyes, which seemed much bigger than usual, blinked slowly. Then she chuckled and Remus looked at her a little confused.

"Oh oh. We're in trrrrouble!" she said with a childlike voice, before bursting into a creepy cackle.

They all looked at her with the most puzzled looks she had ever seen.

Am I real? Why are they looking at me like that? My god, Sirius looks fucked up still. Come one Siri, lift your chin a little! What if he could hear me? That would be fun. Hey Sirius! Siri! Damn. It's weird that Lily is sitting with the boys. I thought she still hated James. Or maybe not. That would be a little disappointing if she fell in his trap after all those years. But James is nice though. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad-

"Earth to Isla!!" Lily snapped her fingers in front of the girls face, and she came back to reality. "What the hell was that?"

Isla just looked at her with her big greens and Sirius sent a glance to Remus to please get them out of the situation.

"Ahem, alright Julesies, let's get you some rest okay?" he patted her back but she only turned to look at him with the same expression. He then turned to whisper to Lily; "Two night without sleeping plus alcohol you know the drill." he told her before hurrying out of the Hall.

Isla didn't process they were in the stairs until she tripped, and cursed herself repeatedly.

"Sweetheart, at that pace we are getting up there for next year. Hop on." he gestured to pick her up with a sigh but she backed away. "Isla." he looked at her sternly, and immediately she shot him her big puppy eyes. "Fuck this shit." Remus said, before taking her over his shoulder, making her gasp.

"Lupin put me downnnnnnn! Urghhhhhh" she abandoned quickly, letting her arms fall down his back.

She could see her hair dangling, and having her head down made it spin a little. She couldn't hold back a giggle but Remus's fifth sigh made her stop.

"Oopsies. Sorry Remikins. Wolf boy's not really very happy." she giggled again.

As she said that, Remus set her back down, holding her by the waist, her shirt lift a little as she got down on the ground.

"Alright, I can't get to the dorm with you because boys can't go, but I want you to go up there to the girls's dorm, by girls I mean our friends, not any girls, and go to sleep in one of their beds. Can you do that?" he asked her, his hands on her shoulder.

Isla pouted, and Remus couldn't help thinking she was acting like a five year old.

"Nooo Moonyyyy." she whined, "Don't leave me!" she threw herself at him, shoving her arms around his waist.

He was so surprised it took him a few seconds to react, and he smiled softly engulfing  her in a tight hug, as she shoved her face against his chest.

"Alright alright" he chuckled and she grinned at him widely. "You really can't get enough of me huh?" he said smuggling, and she glared playfully at him, and set her head back to his torso.

"No." she replied.

"No you can't get enough of me?" he looked at the top of her head, confused.

"No I like going to the circus." she rolled her eyes. "dummy remmy" she shook her head before placing it one again against his chest.

"Okay that's it let's go." he lifted her bridal style with a small groan, as she chuckled and dangled her legs playfully.

Back to the dorm, Remus contemplated the mess the room was and set Isla on the bathroom floor. The rest of her makeup was smudged around her eyes, making her look a bit dead.

With a flick of his wand, the boy cleaned the mess of the room, and came back to the bathroom, where Isla was now counting the tiles on the floor.

"Isla, love, look at me." he said to her and she lift her face, instinctively closing her eyes.

He then proceeded to wipe her face with a cotton and makeup remover he had found on Sirius's stuff, gently holding her chin. His movements were soft and inexperienced, afraid to hurt her in any way.

Isla stayed silent, lost in her thoughts. It felt nice, the silence. The only noises were Remus's regular breath, and the friction of his shirt when he moved.

"Okay darling, you-," he bumped her nose as her eyes fluttered open, "are all set and ready to go back to bed." he smiled back at her grin, slightly amused by the situation.

Dark and tough Isla was acting like a baby, that was highly unheard of. Remus led her to his bed, and the brunette snuggled in his covers.

"Mmhmmm smells good." she mumbled in the blanket. "Just like you Moony." she looked at him and he sighed. This girl was going to be the death of him.

"Shhh go to sleep Isla." he sushed her and she closed her eyes for a second.

"I can't sleep." Isla declared after two seconds, earning a sigh from Remus.

"Try again love, close you eyes, like that yes, now think of nice things and how you are tired hm, and now sleep." he says as he starts putting away some of the clothes scattered on the floor.

"I cannnn't" the girl whined and when he turned around she had a broken puppy dog expression that made his entire body melt. "You're a better pillow." she pouted.

And with a sigh, Remus sliped under the covers next to her. It's been two nights that they slept in the same bed, a nap isn't much worse right?

Isla snuggled up close to him, and closed her eyes, finally shutting her mouth. Remus distractedly stroked her hair as he pulled out his homework, and charming the parchment and quill to levitate, his book on his other hand, he started working.

Isla woke up three hours later, with no memory of anything that had happened in between her two naps.

She stretched, yawning, and looked around to see she was alone in the boys's room. She was completely lost, how the hell had she changed clothes? And washed her face? And why was the room so cleaned up and most importantly why the fuck was she all alone?

She started to panic slightly, knowing that she was just overreacting that they were probably all okay, but a knot had formed in her throat, dangerously stressing her.

She got out of bed, in a slight hurry, only to trip over discarded shoes.

"Ow fuck fuck fuck." she jumped holding her feet. "Aaaaah putain sa mere.... Urghh." she muttered, annoyed.

She realized she was wearing a Quidditch jumper, probably Sirius's, and the biggest flannel pants she had seen, and assumed they were Remus's, since they were checkered in different brown and beige nuances.

She sighed and took a pair of socks from Peter's drawer, he had the best wolly socks.

Isla felt weird. If she had remembered her earliest adventures she would have said she felt better, but for the moment, she still had a small floating sensation.

She got down the stairs slowly, holding the wall, and entered the common room.

Alice, Marlene and Remus were at their usual place near the fireplace, studying or reading probably.

"Hey." Isla said with a small voice, rubbing her eyes and yawning again, before sitting next to them.

She wished she could snuggle next to one of them at the moment, but she wasn't going to let them know that.

"Hey Sleeping Beauty. Missed me?" Remus said with a playfully smirk.

Isla looked at him confused,
"No... I was sleeping?" she looked at the others, puzzled.

Remus blushed slightly and rubbed his neck, trying to act cool.

"It's nothing, you were saying some stuff earlier, when we went for breakfast." he shook his head.

"We went for breakfast???" Isla asked even more confused, and her three friends exchanged a look.

And Remus had an idea.

"Yeah. You were acting a little weird, kept telling everybody you loved them." he had to restrain from laughing at her shocked expression, "Specially the boys and I. It was cute really." he smirked.

"Remus stop, we should tell her before the others do it!" Marlene said suddenly, and Remus looked at her with doubt painted on his face.

"What? TELL ME!!" Isla shouted.

"Shhh calm down okay? Guys I really don't think we should tell her y'know... She was high, we barely remember.... it's just going to make her feel bad." Alice said. They all glanced at Isla with a mixture of pity and fear, which made her furious.

"I swear I will hex you down to hell if you don't tell me immediately what happened." she glared at them.

"This morning...." Remus sighed, trying to find what the hell he was going to say.

"You snogged Peter." Marlene said bluntly, completely seriously.

"WHAT?!!" Isla roared in horror.

"It's nothing Jules calm down no one remembers anyway!! It's no big deal okay?" Alice lowered her voice.

"I think I'm going to throw up."

"Now you're overreacting love. Plus from what you said he wasn't that bad." Remus said as he got back to his paper, desperately hiding his grin.

"SHUT IT LUPIN!! Oh my god.... I can't believe this." she shook her head.

But that was when she saw a glimpse of Marlene's quick smirk to Alice.

"YOU FUCKING ARSEHOLES!" Isla realised, trying to hit the closest one, Remus in occurrence, and throwing a cushion to Marlene. "I hate you all, I'm going to my dorm to take a bloody shower, meanwhile, you— can rot in hell."

Isla got up and walked out as her friends erupted in laughter.

The day went by slowly, Isla spent it mostly in her dorm, studying and not wanting to see anybody. Lily had obviously gone ballistics when she'd heard what they'd done, and Isla thanked all the gods above for not having been there, the redhead had yelled at her friends for a good fifteen minutes, and ultimately had decided to stop talking to them.

Isla didn't go to dinner that night, and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the common room to sit on one of the leather couches. Taking her book, she sat there and read for half an hour, before she heard a noise coming from the boys's dorms.

Regulus Black was coming down stairs, and Isla perked up smiling at him.

"Hey Reg!" he glanced at her, slightly surprised and nodded back.

"Hey Cyla." that was how he had always called her, in honor of her middle name, Alcyone.

"Come here." she patted the seat next to her and she saw him flinch. "Don't worry nobody's here to see you interacting with me Reggie." she sighed.

He approached and sat next to her.

"So how have you been since the summer?" she asked him.

"Fine I guess." he shrugged. "What about you? You didn't tell me you were going to be a Prefect."

"Yeah well they didn't tell me either." she chuckled and he smiled a little. "It wasn't planned. Too bad for me I guess."

"You mean too bad for all of the imbeciles in here." he chuckled and she looked at him confused, "I mean, it's not as if Rosier actually takes points from Slytherin's. You have no scruples to do so." he explained. "You're a pretty good prefect Ila."

"Thanks." she smiled at him, a small blush on her cheeks, his compliment touched her, it was rare coming from the lanky boy. "I bet Dumbledore's going to name you next year though."

"Nonsense."

"Yes sense, you're a good student, you don't get in trouble and you're smart." she shrugged as if it was obvious, "Plus if he named me, I don't see why he wouldn't name you because Lord knows, I am not fit for this."

He chuckled lowly and she smiled at his lighter expression. Isla and Regulus were never close, but in their childhoods, he was her only cousin from her dad's side of the family that she could bear. Compared to Sirius who had never heard her talk, Regulus and Isla had a few conversations as kids.

Nowadays, their quasi relationship was very much non-existent.

"What are you reading?" he pointed at her book.

"Ow uh, 'The Devil' by Tolstoï" she held the cover to his eyes.

"Дьявол" he muttered reading the title. "I didn't know you still spoke Russian." he looked back at her with his piercing gaze.

"Yeah, I don't practice anymore, but I try to read it at least, not to loose it." she shrugged. "You learned Russian too right?"

"Yes, with French, Italian,  and a bit of Bulgarian."

"Do they send a parental curriculum to follow for all the children?" Isla chuckled, "I learned the same exact languages."

"I guess that's what is spoke by all the family members." the boy thought, "Sirius never learnt more than French and Bulgarian, and I'm pretty sure he's lost all his abilities to the latter."

"Yeah don't be so optimistic, his french took a downfall too, that I can assure you." the girl sent him a knowing look, "But that's not very surprising, you were always the smart one." she winked at him and Regulus grinned.

"See that's why you were my favorite cousin." he winked back and she took had an exaggerated offended look on her face.

"Were? Who's the lucky one now?" she scoffed.

"Oh come on that's not what I meant!" he tried to hug her as she pulled dramatically away, which resulted in them falling from the couch in a weird hug.

The laughed as they got up, and Isla passed her arm around his shoulders, ruffling the hair on the back of his neck. He tried to get out of her embrace but it only made her tighten it, with both her arms around his neck.

"I take it back you are not-" he tried to pull out of her crushing hug, "-my favorite.... anymoraaaaaargh" Isla pressed on his neck and he lift his hand in surrender, "ALRIGHT YOU ARE MY FAVOURITE now please let me go!"

"You better mean it Reggie-boy." she let him go with a wicked grin, and set her back to his side, resting herself against him.

He smiled softly, and Isla pulled out her book, diving into it once again. They read together for some time, until they heard their fellow Slytherin come back from dinner. Isla closed the book and straightened up.

"Well, I better go. It was nice spending some time with you Reg." she smiled, and pecked his cheeks.

"See you around, Cyla" he muttered.

Isla turned around, feeling way better than when she had first came down, and was decidedly walking towards her dorm, when she heard someone shout her name.

"Not so fast Archambaud." she felt someone yanking her back. She gasped and turn around, very disappointed by what she saw.

"Rosier. What's the matter, you lost your little mob?" she pointed out as she noted he was on his own. He rolled his eyes.

"Prefect duties, Archambaud. If you could take one thing seriously, then we wouldn't be having so much feud." he glared at her.

"And if you could be less of a arsehole too, but here we are." she smiled cynically at him.

"9 p.m. on the seventh floor, in front of the Serpent Cave painting." he just said.

"Whoa asking on dates already? We aren't even in first name basis Rosier." she put a hand to her heart, only to receive a glare, and the boy turned away.

She lost her obviously fake smile and went up to her room, changing into a warmer sweater, and fetching for her badge. Prefect duties on a bloody Sunday. And hungover. She hated him.

She put on dark jeans that looked way too big for her and a green jumper that she had to roll the sleeves up so that she could see her hands.

Isla was glad to have spent some time with Regulus, they rarely ever did, but it was always nice and calm, compared to Sirius's never ending energy.

That night, after coming back from Prefect duty, Isla found Sasha's bed empty. She didn't question it, how many times had her best friend found her bed empty? And so she went to sleep immediately.

She fell into a dreamless sleep, resting from the entire weekend.

The following week was a little weird, Lily still hadn't spoke a word to any of them, including Marlene who lived with her. That hadn't stopped them from pursuing their prank war, Sirius's hair had gone multiple colours, James's glasses had grown wings, Remus had stained three jumpers because of enchanted mugs, and Peter had had to walk around an entire day with mouse ears at the top of his head.

The rest was history, the castle was entirely planted with pranks, like the second gargoyle of the third floor, who casually spit fire at students, or the armours that walked around the school, sometimes swallowing a student and trapping them inside of them for a few minutes.

But the best one happened on Wednesday, they had an entire plan to execute, since it had been mainly Isla's idea, it was meticulously written. Remus was glad to have concrete and directive steps, it was very appeasing.

On Monday night, Remus and Isla met during their rounds, he was bringing the Invisibility Cloak to his arm, and they both slipped under it.

They joined Sirius, James and Peter who were waiting for them in the passage behind the mirror of the fourth floor. They had three broomsticks in hand.

They walked to Hogsmeade, and there, hopped on the brooms. Sirius was complaining of the complexity of the adventure for a simple prank, but no one listened to him.

James took Peter behind him, and Sirius took Remus. Isla could fly decently, and they all knew of Remus's fear of heights, although no one mentioned it, so he stuck with Sirius, not wanting to fly by himself.

Flying into the night, they started their descent thirty minutes later, landing near a Muggle village. There, was what they were here for. A Supermarket.

Isla had never been in an actual supermarket. She had been in clothes shops, small bakeries, but that was it. James and Sirius were as intrigued as her as they stepped inside of the store.

The industrial neons were aggressively white, and their eyes, used to candle light, had to acclimate to this new brightness. Blinking, they followed Remus through the aisle, in awe. There were so many things. It was incredibly huge, and the three brunettes at the back of the group tried to see everything.

"Come on guys we don't have all night!" Remus had hurried them, glancing around to see if anyone saw their amazement in front of toasters.

"But this is so cool!" James whined, and Remus shushed him.

They found the detergent and laundry aisle and started reading the stickers to choose which one to take.

"Why are there so many?" Isla asked, confused.

"They look like candy. Do you think each colour tastes different?" James asked, taking a bright green bottle.

"They don't." Peter replied, putting a blue bottle in the cart.

"How are you saying this with such confidence?" Remus stopped to look at Peter, who shrugged.

"That's a story for another day, I think we have everything." the blond boy said hurriedly.

They paid with Muggle money, which Isla took some time to look at, not understanding how paper cash was more valuable than gold coins.

When they got back to the castle, it was already quite late, and they all went to bed, exhausted.

On Tuesday night, they all met down in the hall around one in the morning.
They poured the contents of all the bottles of detergent they had bought the day before in the fountain, and watched as the water started to bubble. Once the fountain was full of bubbles they all went to bed.

The next morning, the entire courtyard was filled with bubble foam.

Isla was the first one of the five to see it, her eyes grew wide as plates and she clasped her hand to her mouth, running to where she was coming from.

The entire school was talking about it, even after Flitwick made it disappear, after a few hours, and everybody agreed that it was one of the best pranks the group had pulled off. Obviously no one would ever know it was Isla's idea. Or that it had gotten slightly out of hand. They would also never know that the initial plan was just a foam fountain and not to cover the entire patio with bubbles, but everybody has secrets.

"Well, it was worth it." Sirius said, trying to put out all the foam from his clothes and hair. Obviously, there had been a bubble fight.

"Yep, I think we can say Jules is officially included on our team." James agreed, grinning as he held his pumpkin juice up.

"Thanks but no thanks, nerds" the girl replied deadpan, making Remus snort.

"We're not nerds! We're bad boys!" James whined, offended, before taking a sip of chocolate milk out of a red mug with the inscription "best son of the year!".

"Yeah keep telling you that." she lift a single eyebrow as she took a bite of broccoli.

"I take it back you're not included in the Marauders." he said proudly.

"Oh no I'm devastated." she replied deadpan, reading the back of the paper Remus was holding and chewing on her eggs.

"Why do we hang out with her?" James turned to Sirius, who nodded as he chewed a spoonful of bacon.

"You love me, Potter." she replied still reading an article about "Wizards who became millionaires".

James was about to reply something hastily when McGonnagall came behind them.

"Archambaud I believe you have duties to maintain, Potter, Pettigrew, Sirius, detention in my office tomorrow night." her stern voice made them all straighten up, and Isla got up quickly.

"See you guys!" she whispered and walked away.

The three boys proceeded to rant about the unfairness of the situation, as Remus smirked. Once again, he had gotten out of detention because of a professor's endearment to him.

Isla wandered in the hallways, going to her class, confiscating a pack from Honeydukes from second years, and eating the sweet crackers  on the way.

She arrived in front of her Ancient Runes class. Sasha was already here, completing the assignments.

"Sash!" Isla greeted her, sitting next to her friend.

"Julbob, you're here early" she replied.

"We had homework???" Isla shouted as she read the parchment on the blond's lap.

"No that's for Herbology, dummy" she rolled her eyes.

"Can I copy it at lunch?" Isla sent her a puppy dog look and Sasha sighed.

"I hate you." the blond replied, getting up as the professor opened the door.

The two girls sat at the fourth row, setting their things as Isla whispered to her how they pulled off the prank.

The class was boring as hell, and Isla found herself drifting off. She should get some more sleep, she hadn't been getting enough rest lately, and the weekend had taken a huge toll on her. She still felt herself disconnect from reality from time to time, dazzling off, she put it on her lack of sleep and didn't bother thinking about it.

"If you can write two paragraphs on the importance of pronunciation of the letters for next week's class, that'll be a bonus note for your final grade." the teacher said as the class packed up.

"If Tomlinson gives us homework i'm giving up his class." Isla sighed walking to her DADA class.

"Be cool stay in school" Sasha replied wisely, "I have Potions, I'll see you at lunch?"

"Lunch at the Astronomy tower?" Isla grinned.

"Sure!" Sasha beamed and walked down the stairs.

Isla smiled at the thought of her lunch date with her best friend, and spotted Sirius telling a story moving his hands dramatically.

"So I told her to fuck off, and this bloody cunt tried to hex me? SHE WAS THE ONE DROOLING OVER ME!!"

"Sirius calm down for bloody hell!" Remus shushed him. "Hey Jules." he greeted her.

"Hey guys!" she kissed them in each cheeks as usual, "Who were you taking about?"

"Diana Lewis." Sirius says darkly, "She is insane."

"I told you I had a bad feeling about her in the beginning."

"THERE WERENT ANY FEELINGS INVOLVED THATS WHY I DID NOT LISTEN TO YOU!" the boy explodes earning a slap from Remus on the shoulder. "Oi Moony!"

"The world can handle you not being over dramatic for a day Sirius." the tall boy glared at him.

"I'm not-"

"Sirius shut the fuck up" Isla sighed and Remus fist bumped her, as the former glared at them.

At that moment Mr.Tomlinson opened the door to let them in.

They all sat at the back, Isla sitting next to Remus, expecting his sarcastic comments and jokes to lighten her mood.

"Okay class, just wands today, we're going to work on non verbal charms, I believe Professor Flitwick already worked the theory with you?" the class agrees unanimously and he claps his hands. "Alright let's go, everybody in pairs, we're going to push the tables!"

The entire class stood up and a tumultuous chat made the room vibrate for ten minutes as they arranged the desks on the walls.

"Alright let's go, remember, the will to make, saying it clearly in your mind!" the Professors shouts.

Isla and Remus, who paired up, exchanged a knowing look. They had both learned voiceless and wandless magic, Isla was very gifted on the matter, and had already mastered voiceless charms years ago.

"Scared, wolf boy?" she snarks.

"You wish, Medusa." he replied back.

"What?" she asked confused at the nickname.

But at that moment she spotted the green light coming from his wand.

"That's your new nickname." he explained, deflecting her spell to his left.

"I hate it." she replied, casting a Protego.

"Perfect." he smirked, dodging another attack.

"What's it with you group of geeks and nicknames?" she asked, ducking at a red light.

"Don't know." he shrugged and turned to deflect a spell. "T's just for fun." he casted another curse that she dodged easily.

"Good Job guys! 5 points to Slytherin and Gryffindor for Archambaud and Lupin" the Professor shouted over the noises, "Keep up the good work kiddos." his heavy southern american accent deforming his words.

They smiled at each other and kept playfully duelling for half an hour. After having enough, they sat on the floor, judging the others and making comments on their methods, flexing their skilful abilities.

"See, Sanders should concentrate more."

"You can't blame him, he's against Bellden." the boy said with an obvious tone.

"And?" Isla lifted an eyebrow.

"Well... You can't deny she's hot." he admitted and Isla nodded.

"I've seen better." she shrugged .

He sent her a knowing look.

"Wanna bet who manages to snog her first?" she replied to his glance.

"One galleon?"

"Make that two, Remmykins."

"Deal." they shook hands with playfull smirks.

"Alright class, if you can practice for Friday, you can use primar spells, like levitation charms or elementals! Have a nice day guys!" the Professor shouted as the class left loudly.

Isla left the boys to head to the astronomy tower, where she found Sasha, enjoying their lunch together.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑
published: december 17th 2020
word count: 6264

the ending is..... 🤢 okay this is a long one! a lot of shit happening, but definitely my favourite chapter so far :D i know i have a very crude approach of teenage years, but i really feel like it's way more truthful than Rowling's idea of teens. Also Reggie and Isla are so cute :( definitely a bond I want to dive more deeply into, as well as some other relationships. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
- love, colette.

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

33.9K 870 43
โ– โ– โ– โ– โ˜พ๏ธŽstarted: April 21thโ˜ฝ๏ธŽโ– โ– โ– โ–  โ–กโ–กโ–กโ–กโ˜พ๏ธŽfinished: July 21thโ˜ฝ๏ธŽโ–กโ–กโ–กโ–ก "๐‘ฐ ๐’˜๐’๐’–๐’๐’… ๐’‡๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’• ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’๐’ ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’š๐’๐’–, ๐‘น๐’†๐’Ž๐’–๐’”." "๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฌ...
2.1K 79 11
โ›Y-You know?โœ He stammered, eyes wide, as if he expected me to pull a pitchfork out of my back pocket. โ›Uh-huh.โœ โ›And you're not... you're not scared...
870K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
93.2K 1.6K 91
In which the blindness of uncertainty became clear with the love of one's heart and love did conquer all fear. "It's so clear with you. Always" ...