The Replacement Wife

De Indiegoxx

Elaine Satana Palma-Alcante, married her first and only love, Zeiger Drake Alcante. Zeiger needs her, and tha... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Prologue

739 23 0
De Indiegoxx

The Replacement Wife
Started: December 4, 2020
Ended: ** ** ****

DISCLAIMER:
This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This isn't a perfect story. Many typographical, grammatical and any errors that you may encounter as you go along the story.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!

PS.#walangforever #charotwanhap

Prologue

I closed my eyes tight as the door slowly opened wide. I kept myself calm and tried not to let a single tear escaped from my eyes.

'I'm sorry, Athena. I'm sorry.'..

As my eyes were closed, a wave of memory played on.

It was a sunset at the beach, and I was there looking at the sun almost kissing the deep sea.

This is the perfect moment and the perfect setting for couples. And I am here with the guy I love ever since I can remember.

I looked at him, but his eyes were transfixed to the scenery in front of us. He looks calm and serene like the sea, but his eyes tell otherwise. It's like there's a storm within him.

"What are we going to talk about?" I broke the calming silence between us.

Finally, he looked at me. My heart flipped as his eyes bore into mine. I looked at him the same ferocity his looks are.

"You're gonna hate me for this." He sighed.

I looked at him and showed him an assuring smile. I answered, "I won't. I'll understand. Tell me."

I looked at him like I was looking for a way to enter his head, to read his mind, to know his thoughts. But, he didn't let me as his eyes turned into a cold and stone-like look.

"You're the only person I could trust for now..." he thrilled off.

I looked at him and waited for him to continue. Ano'ng sasabihin niya? Bakit may pa-thrilling pa? Nagsisimula na akong kabahan.

"Will you marry me?"

And I thought I went deaf. I went numb. I went... I don't know. I just saw myself speechless while staring at him blankly, trying to sunk in my mind what he just said.

Marry him? B-But what about A-Athena? Ano 'to gagohan?

"Nababaliw ka na ba?" pilit na tawang tanong ko.

"Yes."

I looked at him unbelievably and with disbelief. Just what the heck is happening?

I felt my heart clenched as I thought about he's just messing around. He's just joking around, playing around with this proposal, including my feelings for him.

"Stop pranking and joking around, Zeiger," I said firmly.

"I am not joking around, Laine." His voice was with authority. Damn his bossiness.

I scoffed in disbelief, and looked at him unbelievably.

"You can't proposed to me, Zeiger Drake Alcante. Alam mo ba ang ginagawa mo? What would Athena will say? Did you lost your sanity---"

"Yes! Damn, yes! I fucking lost my sanity because I lost my Athena! I-I lost A-Athena, Elaine."

That shut me up. Para akong binuhosan ng malamig na tubig habang nakatingin sa mga mata niyang nanunubig. Ang galit at sakit na nakaratay sa mukha niya, hindi ko alam kung ano ang mararamdaman ko. Basta ang alam ko, nasasaktan ako.

He lost his sanity... because... he lost his Athena...

I wanted to laugh at myself . Because a part of me hoped that he's proposing right now because he'd realized that he loved me too. He loved me the way that I do.

Tangina, nakakatawa ka Elaine.

I closed my eyes tight, holding back my tears and composed myself. I won't breakdown in front of him. No. N-Not now.

I sighed as I opened my eyes, and met his gaze.

"W-Why are you doing this?" napapaos ang boses na tanong ko.

I cleared my throat and blinked many times to diminished the pain and tears that wants to escaped.

"I lost my Athena..." A lone tear escaped his eye and his jaw clenched.

Alam ko! Potangina, wag mo nang ulit-ulitin kasi ang sakit na. Stop claiming her as yours... even just for now, for today. Not in front of me, please! A-And stop crying because of her! K-Kasi nandito ako... Nandito lang ako. Why can't you see me, Zeiger? W-Why?

I want to shout at him those words... pero napipi yata ako. Hindi ko kayang ibuka ang bibig ko para sabihing nasasaktan na ako. Kasi... wala akong karapatan.

"And?"

"And I don't want to lose my company and wealth as well," he said lowly that I can't almost hear it clear.

"What?"

He sighed.

"My father warned me, if I couldn't get married so soon, hindi niya sa akin ibibigay ang mana. And I wouldn't want that to happen... I'm here to asked for a favor. Will you marry me?"

I want to slap him twice. But I'm too hurt and in pain to do such. Masakit kasi nandito lang siya dahil wala ang taong mahal niya. He wants me to be his replacement wife para hindi mawala sa kaniya ang mana niya.

A marriage for a favor? A marriage in exchange of wealth? Is that how hungry those rich people are for the sake of power? Damn them. Damn him. Damn me.

"I..." I thrilled off.

Can I just be stupid and selfish as well for awhile?

This marriage will be a win-win situation for us. Makukuha niya ang mana niya, makakasama ko siya. Because that's what I've been wishing for. To be with him in my sleeping and waking hours... even just temporarily.

"I'll think about it."

And now, I'm here, walking down the aisle, holding a bouquet of flower tight. I closed my eyes tightly, and when I opened it, my eyes met his gaze.

Tears started to form on the side of my eyes and my heart clenched as he looked at me. He looked at me not like I mattered, but he looked at me like as if he's staring at nothing.

I sighed, and hope na sana kasabay ng pagbuga ko sa hangin ay ang pagkawala din ng sakit na namumuo sa aking damdamin.

Like the girls walking down the aisle on their wedding, I was crying like them. But the difference is I wasn't crying because of overwhelming happiness, contentment, and love. I was crying... Because I married the person who I love but can't even love me back.

The moment I get through the aisle, he lend me his arm as I snaked mine on it. He guided me in front, and the wedding starts.

"You may now kiss the bride," announced by the priest.

Itinaas ni Zeiger ang belong suot ko. Napalunok naman ako at parang may kung anong kumikiliti sa tiyan at puso ko. My heart is pumping loud and fast. I'm afraid he might hear it as he slowly leaned in towards me.

I closed my eyes and wait for his lips on mine. And when his lips pressed into mine, parang may kung anong kuryente ang bumalatay sa buong katawan ko, making my knees trembled.

It was a quick kissed, though. Agad siyang lumayo as I felt a pang on my chest.

People cheered and clapped while I tried to smile.

"Thank you for doing my favor," Zeiger said.

Napalingon ako sa kaniya at pilit na ngumiti.

Oh yes. I almost forgot. This marriage was his favor, and I'm just a replacement wife.

"Welcome," I said and looked away as a lone tear fell from my eye.

Palihim ko itong pinunasan at tumingin sa mga taong nakangiti sa amin.

I wished I was as happy as these people who witnessed our marriage are.

I wanted to be happy, but my head can't get out by the thought that I was just a replacement wife.

I married him because I love him, and he married me to replaced the girl he truly love.

He married me... Because he needs me. That's it.

______________

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

412K 21.7K 33
It all started when rookie setter Seb Angeles misset the ball causing injury to their team's opposite hitter, Nico Almojer.
42.6K 2K 23
THIS IS A BL STORY! Obsession series # 2 "I'm scared to move on because moving on means accepting our fate as strangers. I'd rather heartbroken than...
1M 33.8K 43
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...
1.7M 79K 53
[This is a GL story] Date started: March 24, 2017 Date completed: April 29, 2020 Additional chapters: Date Started: May 9, 2020 Date completed: July...