Royalty Swapped

By Ullasini

Juhi Mitra The Crown Princess of Medhinapur, South Karnataka. Cliche much? Well then, what if I told you tha... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Cast and Character Introductions
~ Chapter.1 ~
~ Chapter.2 ~
~ Chapter.3 ~
~ Chapter.4 ~
~ Chapter.5 ~
~ Chapter.6 ~
~ Chapter.7 ~
Author's Note
~ Chapter.8 ~
~ Chapter.8 ~
~ Chapter.8 ~
~ Chapter.8 ~
Chapter.9
Chapter.10
Author's Note
~ Chapter.11 ~
~ Chapter.12 ~
~ Chapter.13 ~
~ Chapter.15 ~
~ Chapter.16 ~
Chapter.17
Chapter.18
Chapter.19
Chapter.20
Chapter.21

~ Chapter.14 ~

6 0 0
By Ullasini

Difficult times we are all facing because off the lockdown. Everyone stay safe and healthy and most importantly follow social distancing and wear a mask at all times.

Dhruv Meghdha's POV

It was 12 noon when I decided to talk to Arvindha and entered the hall where the camp was set up. Tara the kitchen help sat cradling her newborn and she smiled when she saw me enter. I went towards her to congratulate her for the baby. She looked so small wrapped in a white baby bundle in her mother's arms and pink as well.

( Tara's Baby Girl )

As I went towards where everyone sat around Juhi discussing something, Rishab came towards me and told me how Arvindha still hadn't returned back from collecting the medical supplies.

" It's still drizzling outside and I'm worried if she got herself into an accident or something." Svasthi said pacing in the hall.

It's already an hour and she's still not back.

I suddenly asked, " What about her disguise?"

"Omg she wasn't in her disguise when she left, she had taken it off when we went in for the delivery. How stupid was I to not notice that. She'll be fine right?" Svasthi said and I couldn't believe she was so reckless.

" How did she go?"

" She took my car Dhruv" Rishab answered.

" Bro you think she's in danger right?" Sandeep asked.

" Danger what danger! I'll not forgive you all if Arvindha is hurt. " Svasthi shouted with anger blazing in her eyes.

" Dhruv we must search for her, it's not too late still." Juhi advices and I nodded my head in approval.

" Rishab and Sunny come with me. "

We were in the front yard of the palace while I gave orders to trace Arvindha location. The rain made the efficiency slower than what it usually is like.

" Raghuveer acted quicker than I anticipated. That bastard should'nt have meddled until and unless things were official. He's irrational with hunger for power." I voiced out.

" Yeah bro, that too he went directly for the target this time without beating around the bush." Sunny said.

I was furious cause if not for Arvindha then Juhi would've been in her place and that thought was too painful for me to take.

" Sir her location was last seen at a few kilometers away from the checkpoint." one of the trackers informed.

" Atleast she's still in our territory, let's go we don't have time." I said.
Sunny and Rishab followed.

We reached the location where she was last tracked to and found Rishab's car with the medical supplies in it.

" She was abducted when she was returning back. Damn that bastard or else we would have got a call earlier if the supplies weren't picked up. Cunning old hag." Sandeep said with distaste.

" Rishab take the car and go we can't waste the medical supplies."

" But Dhruv Arvindha..."

"Go Rishab and trust me I'll not let her be harmed. Sunny and I are trained we can protect ourselves, you staying will only hinder us as we'll then have to protect you too. Go." I reasoned with him.

Though reluctant he finally left.

Searching around the area for any clues, "Bro I think I found Arvindha's phone. " Sandeep said handing me a phone that was covered with wet mud. And indeed it was hers, the old samsung model with a patterned pastel cover.

But there was no other trace of where they could've taken her.

Even any vehicle tracks were erased by the rain and it wasn't helping that it was still drizzling with a slow hum, that my worry grew as more time passed but had no clue where she was.

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

My head was pounding and I felt like my entire body was being pricked by needles. I opened my eyes but everything thing around me was a blur. As I tried to move I realised my hands and legs were bound by ropes and I was sitting on a chair.

The last I remember was loading the car with the supplies but being stopped by a black car on my way back. My head pounded as I tried to remember what happened next, I saw a guy around my age or older who dragged me out of the car and covered my mouth with a drug infused cloth cause I don't remember anything beyond that.

I was in a rundown mill probably, from the looks of it. For locking up someone this place sure had too many windows. As I adjusted my eyesight which was still blurry, I saw the same guy from earlier enter the room, followed by a man dressed in all white.

" Finally Princess Juhi! What a long time it has been since we saw each other right? " the man questioned with a wicked smile on his face.

I realised with a start I was not in my disguise and these people took me thinking I was the princess. Panic rose in me upon the sudden realization but I tried not to show it nor say anything cause I didn't know these people and that would cause suspicion if I said something wrong.

" Always the tough one I see. Your family should've thought twice before calling off the marriage alliance between you and my son." He said pointing to the well built guy next to him dressed in all black in contrast to his father.

Another realization hit me when I realised who my abductors were. The old man was the MP of Medhinapur and the guy or more precisely my abductor was the guy Juhi was supposed to marry.

I felt a cold shiver run down my spine at the thought of them discovering I wasn't the princess they were looking for.

" Call her dear brother and let's see if this time he can save the last of the Royals." the old man said with a sinister smile on his face. The guy looked hesitant and suddenly he looked at me and mouthed " You brought this on yourself Juhi, I'm sorry." And proceeded to call the said person.

" Hello.." Dhruv's voice boomed through the phone as it was on speaker.

" Dhruv Meghdha this is the second time I have a Royal in my grasp under your security. I'm wondering if Medhinapur's power is deflating now." the old man spoke up.

" Raghuveer I swear if you lay your hands on her your death will be the most painful one, I promise you that. " Dhruv boomed his voice barely concealing his anger. I never thought there would be a day I wished so much to be by his side but now that's all I wanted.

" Dhruv..." I shouted but trailed off not knowing what to say.

" Princess I'm coming for you don't be scared, stay strong." He said.

" You gave 20 minutes to find your princess before she's burnt to ashes, save her if you can. " the old man said and cut the call before Dhruv could reply.

My heartbeat rose at his words and my palms were sweaty.

" Be happy I'm allowing you to reunite with your parents. You should've died that night itself, but you survived."

The man left with his son. The son whose name was turned around and looked back at me with so much pain in his eyes, that I thought maybe I was was hallucinating.

" This isn't how I wanted things for us to be Juhi. But you chose your parents and the throne over me, over us." Saying this he left locking the door before I registered what he had said. But when I did, confusion rose in my head, but didn't last long with the worry of my current state.

I never thought I would meet death so soon. I was praying and hoping Dhruv would find me and for the first time my heart agreed since I met him that I want to see his face if I was to die today, cause in the face of uncertainty my heart agreed that I liked him and wanted to be with him.

But the reality of my situation was just the opposite. I couldn't agree with the fact that I would die without telling my first love that I loved him, crazy how in a week's time I had fallen for my abductor himself. The desire to see him once overpowered my senses and I felt my foldable surgical blade in my coat. Happy for once, that I hadn't taken off my coat.

I reached into my front pockets and got hold of the blade . But it was a struggle to get it out. I felt the room temperature rise and smoke enter through the door and I realised they had set the place on fire.

Desperation clawed at my heart like a wings of a fallen bird and I finally brought out the blade, despite of having performed so many C - sections and sutures, cutting my hands free from the ropes was still a struggle. I proceeded to slash at the ropes bounding my legs and ankles. Once I was free I rushed towards the doors banging and shouting,

" Someone open up the door, please. Someone help."
" Is anyone out there, open the door please."
" Someone help."

I banged and banged until the smoke in the air made it difficult to breathe and I leaned against the wall next to the door as my body slid down in exhaustion and suffocation.

Do vote, comment and share.
It motivates me a lot to write.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 9.9K 49
[Added to Historical/General Fiction reading list of @ProjectWomanUp] #ProjectWomanUp She didn't know martial arts yet she was strong. She broke fro...
1.8K 127 27
It is popularly known that whatever happens, happens to be good. Whether it's going to happen or even it happened. And it happens like a blessing. Fo...
240K 17.2K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
286K 17.1K 49
The prospect of becoming an Empress seemed blissful, yet the reality proved to be more cursed than she could have imagined. Every day, Nayantara's wh...