The Stepbrothers And Me

By humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 9

217 19 0
By humyyussuf

My alarm rings and I shoot out of bed,today is finally Friday, thank God, this week has been taking forever, and not to forget, I have a date with Hunter today.

I get ready for school and everything and I am out of the house before Charlie even gets here,I waited for about 10 minutes until I saw Charlie's car pull up in my driveway.

I get inside and Charlie looks slightly shocked.

"Hey,are you okay? I mean you are never out of the house early!" He says with his mouth still opening and closing.

"I'm fine,in fact,I feel amazing!" I say.

"So would you like to go for some ice cream later after school?" He asks.

"Ummm, I am going out with Hunter today,maybe another time." I don't really know what his reaction will be

"Ohh,sure,no problem!" He tries to sound like he isn't bothered at all,but I could see the rage and hurt flash across his eyes.

As I was walking to my locker, I stop by the notice board, and see our project, it was the best in the whole class,and according to Mr. Jhon,it was the best since he first came here,so he decided to display it.

I was beyond shocked when I first saw the project, I mean who would have ever thought that these 2 stepbrothers could get together and do a project together.

The rest of the day went by normally, I have gotten used to the whispers around me,so it doesn't bother me.

I haven't seen Millie yet,and when I asked the principal later that day he said that she went to another school. I was kinda hurt,she was my best friend after all.

The only thing that happened that I didn't expect to happen was Hunter driving me home, Charlie has football season coming up so he has practice now.

He drops me off and reminds me that he will be here at 7 sharp,and he told me to wear something casual.

I get inside and both my parents are already home,this is weird, my parents are never home this early. Something is definitely up,and judging by the look on their faces,I can see it's something grave.

"Mom,dad,is everything alright?" They must have not heard me come in because their heads snap at my direction, they look like they were caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

"Honey,you're home,we didn't hear, so how was school?" My mom says trying to cover up the tension.

"School was fine,mom what's wrong? You are doing that thing where you ignore my question and start asking me weird stuff that half the time don't make sense." Both my parents look unsure.

"I got a promotion at work." My dad says.

"Really, oh my God dad, that is amazing." I run up to my dad and hug him.

"The only problem is that we have to move to California,the promotion I got comes with a house and everything!" My dad says,I can see that my dad is really happy about this,but they were worried about telling me.

Wait,if I have to move,then what about school.

And Hunter.

The voice in my head sounds sad, maybe because that's how I feel, what about Hunter.

Both my parents are staring at me,waiting for my reaction.

"Dad,that's amazing!" I hug my parents while faking a laugh.

After we had our "victory moment",I tell my parents that I will be going out with Hunter for dinner, I made sure to say that we were going as friends.

I go upstairs and get ready, I decide to wear black leggings with a light pink chiffon shirt and a light pink tank top underneath.
I go down at 6 45, and wait outside on the porch, I sat there thinking about how on earth will I ever tell Hunter that I'm leaving.

Hunter comes at exactly 7, I roll my eyes and get inside the car.

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" I ask, he turns around and gives me his sexy smile but doesn't say anything.

We drive for about 30 minutes, during the ride there we played a game of 20 questions.

He parks the car in what looks like a deserted jungle.

"What on earth are we doing in the middle of nowhere?" I ask worried, I mean there could still be a possibility that he is a vampire and then he will drain my blood,and the newspaper will say " girl died by an animal attack ",no thanks,I want to live.

"Would you stop overreacting, I am not going to turn into a vampire and eat you or whatever you just said!" He says amused.

I can't believe I just said that out loud.

I somehow, got my body to follow him throughout the forest, I tripped  about 1000 times,but every time I slipped, Hunter's arms would be around my waist.

We walked for about 10 minute until I saw the clearing. We step out of the woods and I am mesmerized at this place,it is a waterfall, it isn't humongous or anything but it is amazing, the moonlight reflects on the water and there is candles forming a path to the picnic basket and blanket.

Hunter holds my hand and I instantly feel a chill up my spine,he walks with me to the picnic basket.

"Oh my God Hunter, this is the most amazing thing I have ever seen! How did you do this?" I say looking around.

"That is a story for another day, today I want it to be special, I didn't know what to bring you so I made nutella sandwiches and there is some fruits and some ice coffee, do you drink coffee?" Before he could say anything I bring my lips to his cheek,he looks shocked, trying to process what just happened,I burst out laughing,Hunter turns a deep shade of red,he takes a grape and throws it at me.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes.
"I didn't know what you would eat so I brought nutella sandwiches!" He asks nervously.

I burst out laughing. His face pales and he looks so scared.

"Would you chill Hunter, everything here is perfect including the nutella sandwiches. "I say barely containing my laugh.
He blows out a sigh of relief and takes the sandwiches out.

It was very funny watching him being like this,everything feels cliche.

You need to tell him you are leaving.

But he'll be broken.

You don't have a choice.

"Is everything fine,did I do something wrong?" He asks frantically.

"No,it's not you it's me!" I say,he gives me a confused look." We're leaving!" I say hesitantly.
I watch as his smile falls and hurt flashes through his eyes.

"Since when did you know?" He asks angry.

"Since I got home from school, Hunter i promise you i was going to tell you,it's just I'm still..." I was cutt off by Hunter's lips on mine,the kiss was soft and gentle, and you know that cliche saying on books where they say that it feels like there are fireworks and stuff,that is exactly how I feel.

"I don't care,I will spend as much time as I can with you Stacey, you are my life." He says with a smile. I was just staring at him like a maniac.

Oh my God,did he just kiss us?

What if I did something wrong?

I don't think you did anything wrong, otherwise he wouldn't have carried on kissing you.

We ate all the sandwiches, played a game of 20 questions again,and then packed everything.
None of us said anything on the way back to my home,but it was a comfortable silence.
I can't believe I just had my first kiss with Hunter.

When we get  home he walks me to the door.

"Did you enjoy it?" He asks with a sexy smirk.

"I loved every moment of it and I wouldn't trade it for anything." And I wouldn't.

He pecks my lips and he leaves,I stand there trying to process everything that just happened.

When I walk through the door,my parents ambush me and start asking me questions like,how was it,did you have fun,what did you do,and I hope you kept it pg,I blushed at the last question.

I tell them everything and ofcourse I exclude the kiss, guilt spreads through my parents' faces.
After the all the questions I go upstairs,I wait by the stairs to hear what they were saying.

"She looks so happy!" My dad said.

"And they definitely kissed,did you see her face when you said the pg part!" My mom said and both of them were laughing.

My parents are something else, that's for sure.

I go upstairs and change into my pyjamas, my mind is still replaying the kiss,over and over and over.

I was probably really tired,because I fell asleep the moment my head hit the pillow.

                  ×××××××××××××××××××××

Hi guys!

So what do you think about the date that Hunter planned?
Honestly all my knowledge about cliche stories and stuff come from wattpad, so I don't really know how it is,so tell me what you think.

And technically Stacey wasn't supposed to leave,but I just decided to make her leave.

And I will try to make the chapters as long as I possibly can.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Love you guys!

humyyussuf❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
119K 4.1K 30
© 2015 All Rights Reserved by ShawnGardner2 When you grow up in the stereotype high school world, you tend to adopt some of its ways. But when you...
194K 13K 60
Miss Popular on the outside, pure tomboy on the inside. Summer Winters is exactly that ─ hence the contrast in her name. At school she's the gorgeou...
2.3K 19 14
Angela is the nerd of the school. She is a very sweet and nice girl. Unfortunately she fell in love with the badboy, Miles who hates her. She tries t...