The Stepbrothers And Me

By humyyussuf

What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Author's note
NOTICE
Author's note

Chapter 8

256 17 1
By humyyussuf

Sunday passes by in a blur,that has been happening quite a lot lately.

I remember that I burst out of their house without even finishing the damm project,and my face flushes red with embarrassment everytime I think about what I called them.

Who on earth calls someone else,a  STINKY,ROTTEN PIECE OF MARSHMALLOW.

Only you would ever come up with such an insult,I'd you could even call it that, I would be honored to take it as a compliment.

It is not my fault,they were getting on my nerves.

I decide to just carry on ignoring the voice in my head,and switch on the TV.

I decided to do a vampire diaries marathon today,my mom is in the kitchen, making lunch and my dad is probably helping her,I know I have a weird family.

I lost track of time,because my parents went out,I was still watching the vampire diaries, they came back and I am still watching,but like seriously, who wouldn't like the vampire diaries, and Damon Salvatore is the cherry on top,I mean,look at him,he is perfect.

My parents probably think I'm crazy or something but they don't say anything, and instead go their room,they have their own personal TV in their room.

Time flies when you are busy watching the vampire diaries, but the time my parents force me to go to bed,I have already finished 2 tubs salted caramel icecream,3 bowls of popcorn and 2 cans of soda.
Millie always said that I am lucky, because I eat and eat and eat,but don't get fat.

I go upto my room and when I check the time it says 12,what the fluff,it is beyond late, that means I will probably end up messing my sleeping schedule and then fall asleep in class and then mess up my perfect record of As.

You know,if you stop complaining about how much little sleep you will be getting, I would suggest you just go to bed.

I groan and flop on the bed,I kept turning around, I mean seriously, I have school tomorrow and the only thing I can I actually think of is Charlie and Hunter, the history project,urgh, I wish I could go back to the boring life I had before, it was so much less complicated.

Why on tartarus did my life have to become so interesting.

I probably only fell asleep at about 4 in the morning.

When I wake up at 6,I want to just strangle myself, I mean seriously, I got 2 hours of sleep.
I finally bring myself to get ready for school.
When I go down,my parents are doing the usual, I eat and then remember that Charlie is supposed to be picking me up,and I honestly don't think he is coming so I tell my parents that I have to walk to school, they look at me with a worried look,but I just grab my stuff and burst out of the door.

I am praying that Charlie doesn't pop up out of nowhere, I mean,seriously he is always at the right time.

I walk faster, school is about a 20 to 25 minute walk from my home,give or take,but if I run faster I might be able to reach there in about 18 minutes.

After a few minutes of me kinda jogging, Charlie's car is next to me,I groan and carry on walking.

"Stacey please get in the car." He says. I ignore him and carry on walking.
"You'll be late for school." When I  turn around he has the award winning smile on,and he knew that I would say yes,if he mentioned getting late,it is every nerd's nightmare to be late for school.

I drag my feet to his car and avoid his gaze the whole ride,the tension is so thick between us.

"Please say something!" Charlie begs me.

I don't say anything and a few minutes later we arrive at school,I get out of the car and go to my locker.

You do know you have history with both of them and not to forget the project you were supposed to finish yesterday.

Fluff,I didn't do the project, and it is for half our marks this term,this is worse then rainbow farting unicorns.

I start panicking, I mean,I have never,ever failed any subject in my life.

I make my way to the class, both of them were not here,I didn't really know whether to panic or relax, I mean seriously, I called them stinky,rotten pieces of marshmallows, but technically it is not my fault that I don't usually swear and technically my swearing vocabulary consists of unicorns and rainbows.

After a few minutes the teacher walks in and my heart is beating way fast,I am actually surprised no one can hear it. Mr. Jhon (our history teacher ) looks at Charlie's and Hunter's chairs and then looked at me,I just smiled and pretended that I didn't know anything.

Mr. Jhon called my name and I started thinking of an excuse for why i didn't do the project, I walk to the front of the class and everyone is staring at me like I am some sort of an alien.

But aliens aren't bad. They are pretty cool.

That is true. I still don't know why people think that aliens are green and have 3 eyes, does Clark Kent have 3 eyes and a green face.

You do know that you are having a conversation with yourself in the middle of the class.

I snap out of my trance and see that everyone is staring at me,I turn red with embarrassment.

"Stacey are you okay!" Mr. John asked worried.

Just as I was about to answer, Charlie and Hunter walk in,they are both breathing hard,it looks like they ran to class.

"Do you both have an explanation for why are you both 15 minutes late!" Mr. Blair changed his tone to an angry one.

"We apologise sir,we forgot our project at home and then on the way here we dropped and then had to put it back together, I know how much Stacey cares about her marks, so sir can we please just give it tomorrow." Charlie said it all in one breath.

Mr. Jhon looked at me and then at both of them.

"Fine,you can give it to me tomorrow,but that is only because I know that Stacey has never failed anything before." Mr. Jhon said and then called the next group.

I went to my place and both of them sat behind me.

"We're sorry, we didn't mean to hurt you Stacey!" Hunter said, although I have a feeling he was referring more to himself.

I turn around, and smile at them,that actually pleased them because they both blew out a breath of relief.

The rest of the class was pretty boring because we weren't doing anything except sit and watch the other groups, I wonder when they came up with the excuse.

When the bell rang, we walked our own ways, and I had chemistry right now.

I sit in my usual seat and a guy sits next to me,I usually don't mind but this dude is just staring at me. I so badly wanted to snap at him,when I looked up I saw Jeremy Corbyn, now let me tell you who he is,he is also a player like Charlie, he does drugs,he was expelled from the football team and there is also a rumour that he was arrested before but since his parents are rich,they covered it up, but trust me when I say this,he is hot,not as hot as Hunter and Charlie but he is close.

The moment the bell rings i burst out of class. The rest of the day till lunch went by normally.

When the bell rings for lunch,I go to my locker and get my lunch.

"Hey!" I instantly freeze, I close my locker and see Hunter." Please let me explain why I didn't come on Friday." He looks apologetic. I nod and he gives me a smile.

"My dad made me go with him to go buy gifts for Charlie, and I lost track of time and I am so sorry, I wouldn't be able to survive if something would have happened to you because of me,please let me make it up to you. Dinner,I'll pick you up this time!" He looks at me with this sexy smirk,I promise you,it can turn your legs into jelly.

"Fine,I will have dinner with you. And exactly when is Charlie's birthday?" Just when I said that Charlie popped up.

"What are you guys talking about?" Charlie asks us. And when I was about to say something. Hunter groaned.

"Nothing that involves you." He glared at Charlie and Charlie glared back. I am getting fed up of their fights.

"That's it guys,if you guys want to ever be around me,you guys are going to have to clear the tension between you guys,because honestly I can't breathe." They both look at me with amused looks.

"Fine then,we will do what you say,but in return,you will have to come sit at the cafeteria."  He smirks. I give in and we make our way to the cafeteria.

We walk in and everyone just stops what they are doing and they are all just staring, some of them were whispering, others were sending daggers in my direction (mostly the girls), after a while Hunter clears his throat.

"Don't you guys have anything to do with your lives,except staring at us, do you guys even have a life, the only thing you guys ever do is gossip and ruin other people's lives." He was fuming, he just stormed to a table in the corner, after a few seconds Charlie follows him, I didn't even realise I was just standing there until Charlie cleared his throat, I walk to the table and hide my face with my hair.

"Can you guys fucking go back to whatever is it that you guys were doing!" Hunter yells,I flinch at his tone and at his swearing.
Everyone instantly turned around and started chatting.

"Would you calm down,I wouldn't be surprised if even krypton heard you!" Charlie says with a roll of his eyes,Hunter glares at him.

I burst out laughing, both of them turn my direction.

"Why are you laughing at us,don't you remember you called us stinky,rotten pieces of marshmallows yesterday?" Charlie says it,and both of them burst out laughing, I turn red,and I mean red.

"Hey,don't judge my swearing vocabulary!" I say trying to defend myself, and it is obviously not working because both of them are laughing like maniacs.

After they calm down, we decide to talk about the project.

At the end of lunch,they decided that they were going to complete the project together since it was their fault, and if they don't know something they will message me.
I honestly don't think that is a good idea but with both of them giving me the smiles, I gave in.

The rest of the day went by as normal as it could get,people would stare,gasp,whisper,and call me names, i just ignored them.

Charlie drove me home,and after assuring me that they will call if they need anything, i went inside.

When i was sitting on my bed after taking a shower, my phone beeps,there is a message from Hunter.

Friday night at 7
I'll pick you up.

                 ××××××××××××××××××××

Hey guys!

How is everyone?

This chapter is an itsy bitsy longer then the others, honestly I didn't even realise that I had typed so much.

Tell me what you think of Stacey's rainbow coloured vocabulary.

And pretty please with lots of sprinklers on top,please don't forget to vote and comment.

humyyussuf❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
103K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
289K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
194K 13K 60
Miss Popular on the outside, pure tomboy on the inside. Summer Winters is exactly that ─ hence the contrast in her name. At school she's the gorgeou...