FIRE AND ICE , c. blossom

By laraeatszombies

❛ your lips, my lips, apocalypse ! ❜ cheryl blossom x fem!oc © -ECLVPSED More

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 ♛
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 ♛
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - ❝𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄❞
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - ❝𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒❞
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one
chapter thirty-two
chapter thirty-three
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄 ♛

chapter fifteen

8.2K 267 25
By laraeatszombies

~♛~

"so... mary and fred? possibly rekindling their relationship?" jug said, as the three friends sat around in archie's room.

"that would've been little archie's pipe dream." he chuckled.

"stranger things have happened. like for instance... my dad shaved." gracie said.

"which is the equivalent to the tectonic plates shifting." jughead added. "we were thinking... maybe it's time for cee and i to go back and live with him again."

"based on the fact he shaved?" archie asked.

"well, he hasn't missed a day of work— and he quit drinking."

"well, that's great— but, maybe you should wait a little longer to see if it sticks." the red-headed boy advised.

"no, arch— i'm telling you— i mean he even asked to read my work. the essays, the articles i wrote about jason blossom."

"your dad did?" archie frowned.

"yeah. and he read them. even more surprisingly, he asked us questions about them."

"what kind of questions?"

"who we thought did it."

"your dad asked you who you thought killed jason?"

"are you just gonna repeat everything he's saying because it's getting really annoying, arch." gracie said, looking up from her phone.

"crap—" archie leapt up out of the sheets. "my mom... she likes almond milk in her coffee and we don't have any, so i'm gonna go get some."

i rolled my eyes. "you are a terrible liar, archibald. probably off to a late night rendezvous with who-knows-who."

~♛~

"been a long time since i ate something that didn't come in a a combo meal or a snack pack." fp chuckled, after alice placed a plate of food in front of him. it was the night of the homecoming dance and ms cooper had invited the jones' round for dinner.

"so... fp." alice began. "betty tells me you're working for fred andrews now." dad nodded.
"how do you balance that with your other responsibilities?"

"you mean being a father?"

"and a part of the southside community." she corrected.
gracie narrowed her eyes, stopping her eating.

"mom." betty warned.

"i may be a serpent, alice. but i'm not ashamed." dad said, putting down his fork. "it's not just me. there's a bunch of us working on fred's site."

"if you don't mind me asking... i'm just curious... how did you make your living before that?"

"i scraped by." he shrugged, reaching for a bread roll. "odd jobs."

"i know that your kids worked at the drive-in before it closed. did you find work there too?"

"well, i hung out a bit. what can i say? i'm a bit of a movie buff." he laughed.

"so... tell me.. were you upset when hiram lodge bought the drive-in land?"

"stuff happens."

"let me rephrase that question." alice shook her head. "were you surprised?"

the doorbell rang, interrupting mrs cooper's many questions.
"i'll get it." betty volunteered, getting up from the table.
jughead and gracie fidgeted in their seats.

hal cooper came through the door, and alice didn't seem too happy about it.
"i thought she wanted me to come..." hal whispered to betty, awkwardly.

"well, it is homecoming, and our families should be coming together. right, mom?"

mrs cooper sighed, reluctantly beckoning for mr cooper to sit down.
"i'm hoping maybe there are some vacancies down at sunnyside." he said. "see, i've been sleeping in my office down at the paper since alice kicked me out, and it's getting a little chilly at night."

"bet your office beats the trailer park."

"oh, haha. i wouldn't be so sure. you see, alice here, she's been redecorating the register. yeah, the other day she threw a brick through the window."

gracie choked on her mashed potatoes, holding back laughter.

"keep talking, hal, and the next brick i throw may not be at the window." she sipped her wine.

"you remember our homecoming? alice? hal? back in the day?" fp asked. "castles in the clouds?" he turned to betty. "your mom ever tell you about that night?"

"just that she and dad were king and queen." betty smiled.

"yeah, they were. of hell."

"dad—" jug warned.

"it's a funny story, son. i promise." he assured. "fred and i... we were all set to play at the dance. i was backstage dropping off our gear when i heard these voices yelling. it was alice and hal. they were fighting about... about i don't know what, but it sounded like life-or-death."

"shut up, fp." mrs cooper frowned.

"happy to oblige if you are. i don't care what you think of me, alice... but don't jerk me around. not in front of my kids."

"this was such a nice idea... but i think it's time we get to that dance." betty piped up, trying to break the tension. "so, is it okay if we skip the peach pie?"

~♛~

"hey, cher." gracie said, approaching her at the refreshments table.

"ugh." she poured herself a cup of punch. "why are you stalking me?"

"i'm not." the jones girl rolled her eyes. "i can't find archie, betty or veronica anywhere."

"flattering. so the only reason you approached me was because the sad breakfast club dispersed?"

"no." she shook my head. "am i not allowed to talk to yo—"

"gracie." jug grabbed her wrist and dragged me away. "i don't know what the hell the others are up to, but we're going to find out, right now."

"what? what do you mean?"

"they've been acting all secretive. i haven't seen them in ages and i can tell they're up to something." he led his sister the hallway, where we finally found them.
"hey, guys. what's going on?"

"why do i feel like i'm suddenly left out?" gracie asked, concerned.

"do you wanna tell them, or should i?" betty asked archie and veronica.

"tell us what?" the brunette frowned.

"we went to your dad's trailer to—" archie began.

"—to search it." veronica finished.

"why would you guys do that?" jug asked in annoyance.

"my mom... put them up to it." betty explained. "she was convinced he was hiding something about jason."

"we were wrong. all of us." veronica assured. "we didn't find anything."

"we were only doing it to prove that—"

"to prove what? that my dad isn't a murder?!— you all went behind our back!" jughead exclaimed.

"how did you?— when did you guys know to go to our dad's trailer?" gracie asked.

"we knew he'd be at dinner with—"

and then the siblings clocked it.
gracie shook my head and sighed, and jughead began to walk in circles.

"that's why your mom invited my family? so these two could break in while she interrogated him?" he asked betty.

"no! i didn't know what they were doing!" betty protested. "but.. yes, that is why she invited you guys..."

"to think— we were gonna pass on moving to toledo with our family for you. for all of you." jug scoffed.

gracie buried her face in her hands, betrayal fracturing her heart. "you could've warned us. you could've said something." she raised her voice now. "you lied to us! you all—"

"there they are!" kevin and all the parents came down the hall towards us. "jughead, gracie, my dad just told mayor mc coy about your dad."

"what— what about our dad?" the girl croaked.

"he was just arrested. for the murder of jason blossom."

~♛~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 296 20
𝐵𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑙, 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟𝑠 𝑠ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑓𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 ℎ...
104K 1.9K 174
lil stories for our bughead hearts
125K 1.1K 24
[ENDED] ⌗ 𝗥𝗜𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗗𝗔𝗟𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗖𝗔𝗦𝗧 𝗜𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗦 𝙍𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙍𝘿𝘼𝙇𝙀 𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙎 - 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 - 𝘫𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥 - 𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦 ...
49.4K 910 37
no longer updating