the gifted || marauders era

Av l-yraa

Being reborn into a completely different timeline seems a bit impossible, isn't it? but things aren't always... Mer

warning
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
not an update
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
epilogue
sequel, books, and updates
drafts
rewriting

twenty nine

55.1K 2.3K 3.4K
Av l-yraa

The year went by as usual, pranks, studying, tutoring, scolding, eating, sleeping, and annoying. It was sometime around the end of October, almost Halloween, that the group of marauders, along with their friends, were in Transfiguration.

And the topic they were starting was about animagus. It was certainly going to be an interesting class, with the smirks coming from the 3/4th of the marauders, and the Hyperion girl's constant eye rolls.

"Now class, what is the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?" McGonagall questioned,

Lyra turned around to observe the four boys, only to find them with a mischievous glint on their eyes.

"Oh Merlin, no." She mumbled, her head falling to the desk.

Sirius shot his hands up in the air, and McGonagall looked at him in surprise, but she knew something was off the second she saw the glint he had.

"Yes, Mr. Black?" She asked the boy warily.

"An animagus has better hair." He smirked, and Remus shot a look at the boy, before raising his hand.

"Mr. Lupin?"

"Well, werewolves are taller." He answered, "Generally speaking." He added.

"Well animagi has better bodies!" Sirius exclaimed, facing the boy.

"I second that statement, and I also second that animagi has better hair." James agreed after raising his hand, causing Remus' hand to shot up once more.

"Well werewolves don't have the time and energy to style their hair for twenty minutes, particularly around the full moon!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

Lyra sighed tiredly, those boys were really a pain in her arse. The whole class simply watched them shot back statements at each other in confusion and amusement, not understanding the situation, while Professor McGonagall rubbed her temples tiredly.

"Plus, werewolves don't sing obnoxiously in the shower." Peter added, surprising McGonagall, considering he was the well behaved one.

"...." The class went silent at the comment, causing the boy to shrug.

"Animagi are sexier." Sirius said, "Yeah!" Came James' response.

"They can never make it more obvious, can they." Lyra muttered herself, face palming herself.

"...While I appreciate the compliments, those were not the answers I was looking for." McGonagall said, completely done with the four boys.

And the boys only realized then that McGonagall was an animagi, a cat particularly, and the statements they shot out might as well be directed at her. The group simply shot her sheepish looks.

Lyra then answered the original question, distracting the obviously exhausted teacher.

"An animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He would kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind. But I have found a solution to that, called the Wolfsbane potion which keeps one's mind during the transformation. And werewolves are treated differently by the Ministry because they are classified as beasts, but really not all of them are. Some does not have a choice to be one, and some, like Fenrir Greyback, joined a cult which was made to infect as many people they can with lycanthropy. An animagus can shift to their form with their will, and an animagus form cannot change. And werewolves consider animals, or animagus as friends, and not preys." She finished,

"Perfect answer, Miss Hyperion. 15 points to Gryffindor."

"Werewolves are monsters, though." A Ravenclaw said, quite loudly.

This caused Remus to sink on his chair, and Sirius to place a hand on his shoulder comfortingly. The three of four marauders shot the Ravenclaw a glare, along with Lyra who sent him a death glare.

"I'll have you know, Michaels. That Wizards and Witches are bigger monsters than werewolves, why? Because most of them are too selfish and care about themselves that they outcast people who is seen as a threat to you. So let me tell you this, if you- no scratch that, if any of you here think that way, I hope a werewolf bite you, because you'll understand then." She calmly said, though there was no usual warmth there, and the venom dripping on her words sent shivers down their spine.

Someone gasped when she wished something so cruel against them, and muttered to themselves.

"If we could switch someone else's roles, why don't you try it with someone who was affected by it, and hate every inch of themselves for something they can't control. You'll see how everyone will discriminate you. So I dare you, say that again. Because the way you think makes you a monster just like Greyback." She hissed angrily, her eyes flashing gold for a second.

The class went silent, and Remus sent the girl a look of admiration, he will always be grateful for his bestfriend. Professor McGonagall cleared the throat at the sudden tension in the air, and went back on her lecture.

Though there was still something in the atmosphere that shifted, students had Lyra's words hanging on their minds.

----

"Angel.." James trailed off, staring at the girl with a pout. The girl simply hummed in response, too focused on her book.

"Buttercup..." James whined, but the girl seemed to ignore him.

"Arty...." He tried once more, and he succeeded when he saw the girl glance up from her book.

"Don't call me that. Where did you even get that nickname from?" Lyra pulled a face.

"Well, your middle name is Artemis and... Great you're back to ignoring me." James huffed childishly, walking towards the girl and laying down on her lap.

"Sweetheart..." He tried once more.

Lyra then sighed, annoyed. She closed her book, considering she wasn't going to get any reading done with James constantly annoying her.

"Are you hungry Jay?" She questioned at the boy, and she received a small nod and an adorable pout in response.

"And would you like me to accompany you to the kitchens?"

The boy sent her a dimpled smile, nodding happily now that she paid attention to him. Lyra got up, and pinched his cheeks.

"You're lucky you're cute."

The pair proceeded to walk towards the kitchens, greeting the house-elves with warm smiles and politely asking for food. Then, the pair sat on the couch there, with James cuddling onto her while eating.

----

"You look adorable." Sirius cooed at Lyra, who was half-asleep on top of Remus. She opened one of her eye before closing them again and mumbling,

"I could beat the shit out of you."

"I know." He pinched her cheeks, to which she whined slightly.

The girl simply huffed before returning to her dream land.

"So, when are you going to tell her you fancy her?" Sirius asked James after a few moments.

'Dunno." He shrugged, not even denying it. "Does she still thinks I'm in love with Evans?" He questioned.

"Probably not. She's smart, and you haven't asked Lily out in months. The longest you could do that back then was three days." Remus scoffed quietly, not wanting to awaken the sleeping girl on his chest.

"Well, I don't know what I'm supposed to say." He sighed frustratedly.

"Just spill it out!" Peter shrugged carelessly.

"I can't just come up to her and say, 'Hey, Ly. I know you've been my best friend for 5 years, and I know I've been chasing Lily since my second year, but for lots of reasons, now I'm hopelessly in love with you and I want to be with you!' can I?" He exclaimed quietly loudly.

Not knowing the girl wasn't actually asleep.

"Yes you can." The girl's sleepy voice drawled out.

Four heads snapped to her direction, and James turned red at the fact that she overheard his confession of his undying love for her. James widened his eyes in shock and froze like a statue, allowing his whole body to turn beet red.

Sirius, Remus, and Peter were stunned in silence for a few moments, before each one of them started cackling loudly.

"Tell me about the 'lots of reasons' James." Lyra smiled amusedly at the boy.

The three of four marauders left the room with loud laughter booming after them, and Sirius called out to them before shutting the door,

"Good Job mate!"

"So.. are you gonna tell me?" She raised an eyebrow.

"W-well.." James stuttered, before regaining his composure and shuffling nervously in front of the girl.

"For starters, you're absolutely brilliant. You're kind, loving, sweet, adorable, and strong. Not to mention you're bloody good at magic! Or the way you talk in your sleep, or the way you can't go to bed without a cup of tea. Also the way your eyes crinkles when you smile, or when you smile with that adorable dimple of yours. Or the fact that you take care of everyone, and you're always there for everyone! You're also absolutely stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, pretty, enchanting, Merlin I don't have enough words to describe you! You're so bloody perfect!" He exclaimed, turning redder with each word he said.

Lyra smiled at the boy sadly,

"I'm not perfect, James. I'm far from that." She told him.

"You're perfect to me. And I swear, I can't get enough of you! The way you would smile or pout at me, or when you would bite your lip when you're deep in thought, also when you puff your cheeks when you're annoyed, Merlin, You don't know how much that makes me want to kiss y-" He was cut off by Lyra pulling on his collar and slamming her lips into his.

He was frozen in shock for a few seconds, before he wrapped his arms around her and softly kissing her back.

--

read v

I'm so sorry, idk how to write the progress of their relationship. I felt as though it was very rushed? Ik a lot of fanfics takes it slow and all that, but the plot of this story isn't exactly based on romance. it's a marauders era fanfic, not a james potter fanfic.

the whole fanfic revolves around lyra's past, present, and future, not her love life.

plus i dont think real life romance works like in fanfics??

i mean, as far as i know, you grow feelings randomly.

wattpad stories paint romance so unrealistic tbh, LIKE BRO?? do yk how rare it is to even find someone who genuinely wants to be with someone??

I know, don't look at me like that. It's that easy for them to get together, because Lyra isn't as oblivious as she seems, and we all know she's intelligent, so she would've figured his feelings out quickly.

And I know that them getting together was too easy, but we all know they would get together. They're smart, you know.

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

755K 21.9K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...
58.2K 1.8K 16
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ .หšแตŽโ”Š ๐—Œ๐—๐—‹๐–บ๐—‡๐—€๐–พ๐—‹๐—Œ โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”:๏ฝฅโ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘  ๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘ , ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘’๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘œ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ , ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”...
75.7K 927 43
Round three... Completed: August 23rd 2023 [Requests are closed]
668K 23K 120
๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฌ๏ฟฝ...