QUARTET ALLIANCE: LEND A HAND...

By myjflower_101

"𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗲, 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Way out
Chapter 2: Donuts
Chapter 3: Slow Brandy Words
Chapter 5: You've Seen It
Chapter 6: Rich Cousin
Chapter 7: New Disaster
Chapter 8: First Blaze
Chapter 9: Second Blaze
Chapter 10: Memorandum
Chapter 11: Friends
Chapter 12: Library
Chapter 13: Cognize My Sadness
Chapter 14: Rising Restlessness
Chapter 15: We're Not in Love
Chapter 16: Beg No Avail
Chapter 17: Word Of Honor (Horror)
Chapter 18: False Incrimination
Chapter 19: Inner Clash
Chapter 20: Dangerous Throwback
Chapter 21: Enclose a Beginning
Chapter 22: Trapped bars and feelings
Chapter 23: Blague
Chapter 24: D.I.M 2
Chapter 25: Royal Scheme
Chapter 26: Traitor
Chapter 27: Micheal
Chapter 28: Divulge A Mystery
Chapter 29: Random Ransom
Chapter 30: Hope
Chapter 31: Piping Blather
Chapter 32: Exchange
Chapter 33: Depraved Affection
Chapter 34: The Wrong Heir to the Throne
Chapter 35: Insentient Love
Chapter 36: Pressurized Snow
Chapter 37: Haunting Progress
Chapter 38: Helpless
Chapter 39: Garden of Myths
Chapter 40: Lie to me
Chapter 41: Unruly Inferior
Chapter 42: A Year
Chapter 43: Traitor In a Dilemma
Chapter 44: World Disasters
Chapter 45: Killing Machine
Chapter 46: King of Veracity
Chapter 47: Progress
Chapter 48: One Team
Chapter 49: This Isn't You
Chapter 50: Rekindling Connections
Chapter 51: Buried Truths
Chapter 52: Verdict of Fury
Chapter 53: The Pendant
Chapter 54: Welcome Back Micheal
Chapter 55: My Name
Chapter 56: Risk
Character Q&A: Getting to Know the Cast
Character Q&A: Your Questions Answered
Chapter 57: Tension
Chapter 58: The Retrial
Chapter 59: Cutie
Chapter 60: Stirrings Of The Soul
Chapter 61: Sealed It
Chapter 62: Only You Babe
Chapter 63: Stay Away
Chapter 64: Deceptive Royal Guard

Chapter 4: Don't Believe Me

47 10 30
By myjflower_101

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

12:30 A.M

-Classroom-

Usually around this time, Omi would either be blocking his ears out or re-reading a paragraph multiple times because of a constant, loud, bickering between Cicero and Zen. He wasn't too surprised with how quite it was today or how he didn't need to do any of those things. What did throw him off though was Cicero's absence. Omi was already aware of Zen's suspension, but he had no idea to why the green head also decided to disappear.

Omi was paying attention in class because it didn't tick him off. A bunch of reasonings formed in his mind and it convinced him that nothing was wrong. He had to admit, it was kind of boring without the other two around. His appreciation beat the friendly pity that was in him, knowing that the other two wouldn't give it a rest.

Today was the last day of the weekdays, Thursday. They had their day off on every Friday and Saturday. Omi would spend these days studying and reading books he borrowed from a library.

Just recently, he borrowed a book called 'World Disasters'. It was about many ways the world could come to an end, how people would try to save themselves and others. He was almost finished with it, but he didn't like the decisions the people were taking. They were really dumb and the curly head thought he could obviously do a million times better if he were to be in their world.

Omi packed his stuff, heading to the school yards to meet up with Micheal. He didn't put his book in his bag, planning to read it on the way. Omi fixed his glasses before opening the book on the page he last left off of. Page 40. The book was short compared to the others he read, but it probably had a few more seasons to make up for it. Omi likes to look up the books he collects and reads online and find out more about them. If they had other versions or seasons. After looking up 'World Disasters', he unfortunately found out that the book had only two volumes.

Volume one was were you analyze the people's decisions and on the last page, you're free to write a summary of how they could've done better. Volume two, however, had no information listed on the internet page and whenever he did try to look up for it, it would show a message of 'Sorry we can't display the information you're looking for'.

The curly head was only book smart, so he didn't know whether the problem was from his computer, connection, or internet. He did plan to ask Cicero who was undeniably smart—a genius in everything. He was going to ask the green head today, but he was absent.

"Hey, Omi!"

He heard Micheal's voice and looked up from a page he was starting to get frustrated at only from reading the first line. What an idiotic main character. He thought to himself, before waving to Micheal.

"Chouku and Red Bell Peppers are absent today. What a relief, right?" Micheal smiled and nudged Omi on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I guess," He replied.

If you haven't already guessed, Chouku is a nickname that they call Cicero by and Zen is well...Red Bell Peppers. They wouldn't dare say it infront of him, though. Except for one person, Cicero.

——

"Zennnn, I'm not scared of you," Cicero laughed he jumped on the red head's bed.

Previously, when Zen told Cicero to come so he could give him a hug, it didn't end with Zen's liking. The green head ran around the whole house as Zen chased him.

"You're my beautiful babe, Red bell peppers~" Cicero sang, screaming when he saw Zen come closer. Before he had time to run away again, Zen grabbed his arms and legs, throwing him over his shoulder.

"Let me go! I'm not going to give up—"

"Shut up!"

Zen unlocked his front door, set Cicero down, and gave him a back-blowing kick, sending him outside. He closed the door, blocking out the green head's whines.

"Owwwwwwww!!"

Zen ignored his screams and looked around his house, his eyes landing on a blond they both completely forgot about. He looked scared, looking at Zen with wide eyes, wondering if he had the same fate.

—-

"So we both got kicked out, huh?" Cicero said, taking a lollipop from his pocket and unwrapping it before glancing at Rehan who clutched his bag tightly. Unlike Cicero, he seemed to be taking this a lot seriously. The blond looked terrified and disappointed.

"Here," He gave the equally short boy as him a lollipop.

"Don't worry about him," Cicero looked away, his voice muffled from the lollipop in his mouth. "He's might act all strong and snappy, but he's a real cutie."

Rehan chuckled nervously, "Thank you," He whispered.

Cicero nodded, swirling the candy in his mouth before taking it out to speak again, "Say Rehan, did you sleep over at Zen's house?"

The blond nodded.

"I didn't know that was possible for people other than me ," Cicero looked at the blond in disbelief, bright green eyes wide and Rehan had to admit they were so mesmerizing when the gold setting sun's rays shone at them.

"I-it's a long story," He whispered again, not being able to take his eyes off the the green ones.

"M'kay," Cicero said before looking away. "I'll walk you to your shop and then m'gonna head to school," He added.

"That's fine w-with me,"

——

"Just want on earth do you think you're doing, coming to school at one?! Only three hours before the end of the day! Cicero, you're a smart student, but this behavior isn't blah blah blah,"

The green head couldn't hear the rest. He's getting bored of the constant scolding.

"Cicero! Take the lollipop out! And listen to your teacher!"

No, anything but the lollipop.

"M'sorry teach, it won't happen again," He took out the lollipop and zipped open his backpack to place it inside.

"In the garbage," The teacher said sternly, pointing the pen.

"Kay, okay," Cicero took the lollipop and threw it in the garbage. He looked at it sadly one last time before going to his seat. That was the last one he had. Dang, I shouldn't have gave the other one to Rehan.

The rest of the class was pretty much boring. He already knew everything the teacher was explaining. The green head wished Zen was here so he could annoy him some more. That made classes a lot more fun. Nevertheless, he would be here next week because that would be the end of his suspension.

Cicero pouted before resting his chin on his palm. This couldn't get any more boring. He'd have to go meet Micheal and Omi at the end of school because they weren't in the same class. Just as he was lost in his thoughts, something caught his eye. At the corner of the window, he saw a glowing cat. It looked like it was in pain and was whining loudly, but it couldn't be heard. Cicero put down his arm and straightened up before turning in his seat to take a better look. The cat was gone.

He blinked multiple times, trying to register if what he was real or just an imagination. He was about to get sarcastic with himself, but Cicero was sure that he saw that thing. Even if it was for a spilt second.

—-

"You actually came to school at this time?" Micheal wrapped an arm around the shorter boy.

"Mhm,"

"Hey, Cicero, are you free for the rest of the day?" Omi closed his book and speed walked to the short—tall duo. He fixed his glasses with one finger while looking at Cicero.

"Yeah, sure, I've got nothing, what's up?" The green head held Micheal's hand that was on his shoulder. It was pretty big compared to his smaller ones.

"Can you come over today? There's something I would like to know, It's on my computer," He explained.

"Computer or laptop?" Cicero asked.

"Laptop actually," Omi fixed.

"If you've got a laptop, you don't mind taking it and coming over to Zen's house instead? I was planning to stay the afternoon at his," Cicero changed the plans, offering.

"You said you didn't have plans today," Omi accused before sighing. "Fine,"

"What? You guys are making plans and not inviting me?!" Micheal gasped dramatically before putting his left hand on his chest.

"You can invite yourself," Omi deadpanned.

"Micheal, you can come of course, is that even a question?" Cicero quipped.

"Aww my cute Chouku, this is why you're my favorite," Micheal cooed while squishing the shorter's cheeks.

Omi groaned.

"Let's head to my house first so I can get the laptop,"

——

Birds were quiet as they flew from the branches, flapping their wings to fly to the sky upon hearing human chatter and footsteps. The three boys were now waking in the same path Rehan once did. Not his best memories to say the least. Cicero skipped through the forest, none of the branches bothering him and it made Omi wonder how he still didn't fall on his face.

"Chouku, wait up!" Micheal didn't have his hair slicked back today. His brunette locks fell loosely around his head, bangs over his forehead and not so neat mullet.

"Okay, just hurry up,"

It was around six in the evening and the sun was no longer to be seen. The clouds fogged over it, giving the sky a bluish orange look. It gave off a relaxing aura and the wind that accompanied it wasn't too harsh or too cold. It was enough to make Cicero's dark green locks flow around. He smiled brightly at Micheal when he caught up to him.

"Chouku, take this," He handed the green head a plastic bag.

Cicero looked at it curiously, "I hope it isn't a bomb" He muttered jokingly. Micheal chuckled and hit his head. Cicero's eyes brightened in complete happiness when he saw lots of candies and chocolates in the bag.

"Oh! Thank youuuu," He giggled and hugged Micheal. The taller grunted before he lifted Cicero's light weight and continued walking because he knew Omi would complain if they stopped in their tracks.

"I'm glad," Micheal beamed and put the short boy down.

They were at Zen's doorstep shortly after. Omi knocked with the hand he wasn't holding his laptop with. They heard footsteps come closer and the door unlocked.

Zen stood there with an apron around his waist and a broom in his hand. He shut the door when he saw his three friends.

"Zen, open up," Micheal knocked again.

"Red bell peppers didn't lock the door so just-" Cicero opened the door and stepped inside without warning. Omi and Micheal followed behind, a bit slower than the green head.

"Hey, Zen, M'sorry about earlier," He said sheepishly to the red head that was sitting in the living room. He still had the apron on. Cicero jumped over the couch and sat down in one go.

"Whatever," He waved him off.

"Are you still mad, baby?" Cicero scooted closer to the red head. "Hm?" He urged when Zen wasn't answering.

"No, but I will be if you keep flirting."

"You're mad, aren't you?" Cicero squished Zen's cheeks and wiggled them around.

"No I'm not—fuck, let go," Zen scrunched his face in aggravation and wrapped his hands around Cicero thin wrists.

"Okay, you can have some of my candy," Cicero let go of the red head. Micheal and Omi came by and looked at the two in confusion.

"Hey," Omi greeted the red head with a small smile.

"Hey, Zen! School was boring and dull without you, bro," Micheal hugged the younger and Zen couldn't help but soften his expression.

"Yesterday," Cicero started in between munches of his chocolate bar. "Rehan came and slept over at Zen's," He continued and gave Zen a look.

"Who's Rehan?" Micheal asked.

"The boy who works at the donut shop, I suppose," Omi answered before Cicero could.

"Exactly,"

"He slept over without me knowing and I threw him across the room the next morning because—"

"Because he forgot your black coffee and then you kicked us both out of your house," Cicero complained, completing Zen's words.

"So why did you decide to go to Zen's instead of school?" Omi asked, ignoring what they said.

"Because we usually walk to school together and it didn't feel right to go by myself, so I visited him,"

"And you ate my donuts annoyed the shit out of me, and kept flirting like a fuckboy, Seaweed, don't think I'll forget what you did, some candy isn't going to make up for it and I don't fucking like sugar," Zen rolled his eyes.

"How can someone not like sugar?!" Cicero countered.

"I. Don't. Like. Sugar. Just get it through your thick fucking skull," The red head rebuffed.

"Impossible," Cicero crossed his arm causing Zen to scoff.

"Alright, alright, stop bickering," Micheal stepped in.

"And what did you old asses come here for?" Zen looked at Omi and Micheal. Before Micheal could start nagging too, Omi spoke up.

"I came here because I wanted Cicero to help me with my laptop. He said he was already planning to come to your house, so we tagged along and I'm only a year older than you so is Michael, now, hush," Omi put a finger on his lips before walking over to the dining table and motioning for Cicero to come.

"Hey, Zen, let's go get you coffee and donuts?" Micheal whispered knowingly and Zen scratched his head, trying to hide his smile.

"W-whatever,"

"I guess that's a yes,"

——

A/N: Woah. This chapter is 2334 words. That's a lot compared to what I usually write. I'm honestly proud with how long it is. I hope you guys enjoyed it. See you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132 11 12
(The whole story is currently getting rewritten, maybe we can wait until August 9, 2024) Mysterious world, mysterious mysteries. Let's just keep movi...
9.2K 134 52
In a world where it's ruled by only one government, George and his friends go to a high school where they find out about an abandoned factory, they d...
7.3K 866 13
[Vᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ 1 - Cᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ] Evelyn White was born with a gift - or rather, a curse: the first time she touches someone, she sees when and how that person d...
1.1M 29.2K 53
> You were in a really bad state, all throughout your life. Soon you made a choice, a choice that was meant to be your last. Until you open your eyes...