Discovering It All

By xi_donis

𝒢 π“ˆπ“Šπ“‡π“…π“‡π’Ύπ“ˆβ„― 𝒾𝓃 β„―π“‹β„―π“‡π“Ž 𝒸𝒽𝒢𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇... More

My Hero
Author's Note
Interruption
Comforting Kara
A Long Day
Big Trouble
Riled Up
Always
Always Pt. 2
Game Night
Extreme Jealousy
Samantha Arias
Weird Feeling
Early Day
Small Authors Note
Best Friends
Celebration Date
Surprising Lena
The Heart Wants What It Wants
Raspberries
Strawberry Donuts
Quick Note
Back To Normal
Girl Of Steel
*Oh Adam*
Authors Note
Another Authors Note
*My World*
Strange Behavior
Part of the Plan
Changes
Changes (2)
The Secret Spot
*Thunderstorm Love*
Thunderstorm Love (2)
Losing Patience
*Losing Patience (2)*
Authors Note
*Attatched To You*
*Attatched To You (2)*
*Attached To You (3)*
Fiery Dreams
The Big Day
Honeymoon
Authors Note
Maine
Very Good Morning
Last Day
Sisterly Love
New Ideas
Amazingly Overwhelming
Amazingly Overwhelming (2)
Amazingly Overwhelming (3)
Help
Girls Night
Girls Night (2)
The Morning After
The Morning After (2)
Halloween Special
First Day Back
Only Getting Worse
Thanksgiving Special
Thanksgiving Special (2)
Middle Of December
Christmas Eve
Christmas Day
Happy New Years
Quick Question

Check Up

1.1K 28 4
By xi_donis

Lena woke up first for the second day in a row, which was very confusing because Kara was always up first.

Maybe she was just worn out from the precious days.

She got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom, getting ready for the morning, glad that she didn't have a hangover.

When she came back into the bathroom Kara was still out cold, she raised an eyebrow but just decided to let her sleep, then proceeded to get dressed, once she was finished she walked over to the bed and sat down next to Kara, confused by why she looked so pale.

"Kara?"

No answer.

She gently shook her awake and was surprised when she actually woke up from that.

"Hm?"

"Are you feeling okay?"

Kara hummed sleepily and started to go back to sleep, Lena gently tapped her cheek, making her eyes open completely.

"Hey there my good girl, how do you feel?"

"Sleepy"

The response was adorable but Lena could clearly see that something was wrong.

"I'm going to take you to get a check up okay?"

"Mhm"

"Yeah?"

Kara nodded and proceeded to slowly get up from the bed, stretching on her way to the bathroom.

Lena laid out an outfit for her to wear and then went into the kitchen to get her keys.

After about 30 minutes Kara was ready to go, and that's when Lena realized that she still didn't have her powers.

They were on their way to the DEO when Kara started to cough, and quickly tried to play it off as clearing her throat.

"Do you need some water?"

"No thanks Lee I'm fine"

Lena raised an eyebrow and parked in front of the DEO, then got out of the car and helped Kara out because she was too weak to get out herself.

"You need to get something in you"

Kara mumbled something under her breath and let herself be pulled into the DEO, she waved at Winn and gave him a small smile before she went into the lab.

"Kara? What brings you here"

Lena walked into the room and pointed to the bed, Kara nodded and sat down on the bed, playing with her fingers.

"Kara here blew her powers out and they haven't come back yet, she's been acting strangely as well, not eating, coughing, weak, and over sleeping, we need to run some tests on her, now"

Alex looked at her pale sister, surprised because Kara was usually glowing, golden, bright, sunny, all those that fit into that category, now she seemed so gloomy.

"How about you start the tests and I'll go get her something to eat?"

Lena nodded and went over to the hooks to get her lab coat, then walked over to Kara.

"Open your mouth and lift your tongue"

Kara did as she was told and let Lena stick a thermometer in her mouth, pressing her lips together when needed.

When the thermometer beeped Lena took it out and looked at it.

"One hundred and eleven degrees fahrenheit"

Lena quickly felt Karas neck and forehead, surprised when she felt hot, she hadn't even noticed when she checked on her this morning.

"Do you feel hot at all?"

Kara nodded and looked down at her lap, but then looked right back up when Alex walked in with food.

"I got you your favorite soup and some water"

Kara gave her a soft smile and then looked over at Lena, speaking softly.

"Are you c-cold?"

Lena quickly took off her lab coat and wrapped it around Karas body, kissing her gently.

"I'm gonna take you home so I can take good care of you okay?"

Kara blushed at the statement and nodded, kissing Lena back and then looking at Alex.

"How's S-Sam?"

"She's good, she asked about you actually, she called you her baby sun"

Kara giggled softly and it turned into a small cough, she winced in pain and both women looked at her in concern.

"Are you alright?"

Kara just nodded and looked away from both women, hiding her now glossy eyes.

But Lena wasn't stupid and neither was Alex.

"Let's go now okay? I'll help you to the car"

Kara just held up her hand and hopped off the bed, walking out of the lab.

"How did she even blow out her powers?"

"I don't think you want me to answer that"

Alex scrunched up her face in disgust and shakes her head.

"Would you please stop breaking my sister? She's more subject to getting ill"

"Yes I know that, I just didn't know she was sick, she has a very high fever, she couldn't even feel that she was hot"

"That's because her body-"

Suddenly there was a loud thud in the hallway and both of them ran out into the hall to see Winn panicking over Kara.

"What happened?"

"We were talking and she just collapsed, and she's really hot and I don't know, she kept saying she didn't need to sit down but then she just fell, I didn't mean for her to hit the floor I just-"

Alex quickly calmed Winn down while Lena checked on Kara.

"Hey, breathe, it's alright, you didn't do it, you didn't cause her to fall, she's going to be fine, and you offered her a seat, you did good okay?"

Winn just nodded and took a few deep breaths, watching Lena check Karas pulse and slap her face a couple times.

"Kara, Wake up baby, wake up"

Nothing.

"Lena I swear to-"

Too late.

Lena had firmly pushed down against Karas ribs, causing her to gasp and cry out in pain.

"Ah!"

Lena quickly rubbed her side and lifted her from the floor, leading her back into the lab.

"I can't have you passing out on me now can I?"

Kara shook her head very slowly, it took her almost a minute to register exactly what Lena had said to her.

Suddenly she was lifted on the the bed and her head was tilted back.

"Open"

Kara opened her mouth and relaxed when cold water was gently poured down her throat, she swallowed as much as she could before the bottle was taken away and instead she was handed a bowl of soup.

"Eat this whole thing for me so I can take you home"

Kara looked up and had to squint a couple of times just to see Lena in front of her.

"Eat"

Kara nodded softly and started to eat her soup, slowly, then she watched Lena put up her lab coat and undo her ponytail, she couldn't help but get distracted by that.

"I thought I told you to eat"

"I a-am eating"

Lena chuckled softly and watched Kara shiver as she said it.

"Okay baby, take your time"

Kara glared at Lena and proceed to drink the whole bowl of soup in one go, wiping her mouth after she was finished.

Lena raised an eyebrow and pointed to the bathroom.

"Go, now"

"But I'm not-"

Kara quickly covered her mouth and ran into the bathroom, throwing up the soup she just gulped down, Lena shook her head and sighed.

"There's no way we're going home tonight"

She heard Kara let out an adorable groan while she rinsed her mouth out, but she quickly had to run into the bathroom to hold her up.

"Hey, easy, easy"

Kara collapsed into Lena, wrapping her arms around her neck.

"Lee"

"I know baby I know, but you have to stay here"

Kara whimpered softly and Lena literally had to rip her away from her to put her on the bed.

"Rest"

Kara shook her head and started to tear up.

"I wanna go home with you"

"Baby-"

"Please"

"Kara-"

Kara hid her face in the pillow and cried softly, flinching away from Lena when she tried to touch her.

"Kara, what's wrong?"

Kara didn't answer, she just continued crying until soft cries turned into sobs.

"Hey, I'm not leaving you here, I'm gonna be in here with you the whole time"

"I wanna go home"

Lena watched Kara wince in pain and start shivering again, those thin sheets weren't going to do much for her.

"I'll carry you to the car, come on"

Kara sobbed into Lenas neck once she picked her up, she was crying because she was irritated now, she felt hot and cold at the same time, she was exhausted and she just wanted to be home.

Alex looked at Kara in concern and Winn was heartbroken by the sight, everyone in the DEO was.

"Is she going to be alright?"

Lena nodded her head and waved at everyone while walking out of the door, she laid Kara in the backseat of the car, knowing very well that she couldn't sit up if she wanted to.

"Lena no"

"I know you want me baby, and you'll get me soon, just wait until we get home"

"Lee"

The soft plea broke her heart, she sounded so soft, and so hurt, she almost rubbed the skin of her cheek wiping her eyes when she had to close the door and start the drive home while Kara sat in the back sobbing her eyes out.

"We'll be there shortly okay?"

Kara hummed softly and her sobs seemed to quiet down a bit, she probably was falling asleep.

Lena tried to beat every light she could on the way home, quickly pulling Kara out of the car once she arrived and whispering in her ear.

"You're okay baby, you're okay"

Kara sniffled quietly and held onto Lena tighter, still noticing how she managed to hold her with one arm and open the door at the same time.

Once the door was closed, Lena walked into the bedroom and laid Kara down, quickly pulling off her sweatpants.

"You're burning up baby"

"O-oh, I d-didn't n-no-notice"

Lena wrapped Karas favorite blanket around her and kissed her head, she then laid in the bed and held her close, stroking her hair.

"You poor thing"

Kara got as close to Lena as she could, shifting around a lot until she finally found a position where she wasn't too hot or too cold, it was perfect, she felt perfect with Lena, suffocating in her vanilla scent and drifting off into a much needed sleep.

Lena turned on the tv and brought the volume down, she was not going to sleep, she needed to make sure Kara didn't get agitated or bothered too much in her sleep, she was going to take care of her like she promised, it really did break her heart to see Kara like this.
———
A few hours later Kara started to whimper in her sleep, slowly moving around and clearly getting irritated by the blanket.

Lena was quick to untuck her just a little because she knew Kara was still cold, she was just a little too hot.

Karas eyes shot open and she pushed away from Lena, sitting up just enough to lift her shirt up and see a light bruise along her ribs.

"Is that what's hurting you? Hm?"

Kara nodded softly and Lenas had to gently lay her back down before she fell back against the pillows.

"I'm gonna go get you some water okay?"

Kara nodded softly and watched Lena get up and leave the room, she almost shot out of bed at the sight of the cold water bottle, she didn't realize how thirsty she was until now.

Lena helped her sit up and tilted her head back so she could gently pour the water down her throat.

Kara immediately started to gulp down the water but soft fingers stroking her cheek made her slow down.

"Slowly baby, I need you to keep this down"

Kara continued to let the water ease down her throat, soothing it and cooling her down in the process.

"That's it my good girl, easy"

Lena pulled the water away from Kara and sat it down on the nightstand, she then laid Kara down and kissed her gently, feeling how hot she was just from being that close to her.

Kara whined at the softness of Lenas touch, wanting to feel more of her.

"Ah ah, cut that out, I'm the reason you're sick in the first place"

"Lena-"

"I should've left you alone, I know you have needs baby, I know you have your heat but I don't think that's good for you, we're going to have to make a change and try to find something to soothe your heats"

"But Lena-"

"Shhh, let's get you back to sleep okay? Don't even stress about that, there's time to talk about those types of things"

Kara huffed quietly and turned into the pillow again, suffocating herself in the process.

"Kara!"

Lena quickly pulled her forward and instead into her arms.

"I don't need you passing out on me again"

Kara buried her head in Lenas chest and started to get comfortable again, loving how Lenas fingers felt against her scalp.

"Come on baby, go to sleep"

Kara groaned, not wanting to go to sleep just yet, just wanting to enjoy Lena.

"You have all the time in the world to be with me, for now I want you to go to sleep"

Kara nodded against her chest and finally started to give into her exhaustion, once she finally went to sleep Lena turned the tv off and instead started to work on her phone, Kara had never been sick before, this was all so new, but she was Lena Zor-El, there was nothing she couldn't handle.

"Lee?"

Lena looked down at her wife, acknowledging the sleepy call of her name.

"Hm?"

"I love you"

"I love you more Kara"

"Enough to go to sleep with me?"

Lena chuckled softly and put her phone away, repositioning herself so she could lay comfortably.

"Goodnight Kara"

"Mhmmm"

The dragged out hum made Lena laugh a little, Kara was so soft, she closed her eyes and just took a few slow deep breaths, stroking Karas hair and waiting for sleep to take over her.

What would the next day hold...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3K 43
One shots of Sanvers and Supercorp mostly, but I take requests. Send me an idea if you have one you'd like to see.
157K 5K 42
Kara Danvers was trying to maintain her normal life. Although strange dreams start to haunt her every night. Some she doesnt mind.... Others are terr...
681 25 8
Kara Danvers is on her last year of high school and her sister and friends come down to visit for a week. Lena's presence makes Kara question herself...
62.1K 2.2K 25
Heartbroken and Abused by her lover Luthessa, Kara Zor-El goes into an eternal sleep. What happens when one day an explorer named Lena Luthor messes...